The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:@Nish, you can still die from it even if you're young and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Take a look at this and keep in mind that these numbers were based on the death toll China claimed it had at one point. If they're lying about it, then the percentages you're about to see could be even higher:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Fatali10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 No_med10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Sex_ra10

Source: Worldometers
them stats back up what nish was saying. its not impossible for young healthy people to die from it but the chances are slim.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Robespierre on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:17 am

This Milanphobia by Ludogorets players continues and it's embarassing seriously
you can't even know it after just 48 hours probably
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Bulgs

@Hapless_Hans wrote:It's where my brother-in-law works at the hospital..

btw the true 'Lothar Matthäus town' is Herzogenaurach..

Ok I should have written Birthplace Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:52 am

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:@Nish, you can still die from it even if you're young and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Take a look at this and keep in mind that these numbers were based on the death toll China claimed it had at one point. If they're lying about it, then the percentages you're about to see could be even higher:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Fatali10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 No_med10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Sex_ra10

Source: Worldometers

I do not disregard that, never said that.

USA alone lost 20,000 lives from regular flu in 2019.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:57 am

20k deaths.... with over 32 million cases of the flu.  0.0625% mortality rate.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:01 am

@DoC... the age thing has to do with older people likely have some kind of health problem that compromises their immune system.  It really comes down to how healthy the old person is.

It all comes down to your body needing near-maximum capacity to fight off coronavirus.  If you are in any way compromised regardless of age, you can't fight it off quickly enough. You're dead before you have the chance to develop sufficient anti-bodies.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:29 am

@sportsczy wrote:20k deaths.... with over 32 million cases of the flu.  0.0625% mortality rate.

Mortality rate is the worst measure ever. for a flue that doesn't do shite. If a normal spread is going to affect Dow Jones, every tourism function, every transportation embargo, then the mortality rate doesn't does not matter.

If you think its about the mortality rate, damn, its not.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:19 am

Thanks for the answers in previous page. I worried for a bit, for myself of course but mostly for my family and friends.

I don't have a major health issue, i just smoke cigarettes and weed which is bad for the lungs. Still i have great stamina for physical efforts, but maybe this virus will affect other parts.

Sucks that it happens here, i'm tempted to blame China out of frustration, but i don't know any arguments to support my point.

How the scientists expect this virus to disappear ? Vaccines are fine but it takes a long time to create and it does not stop the disease from spreading. In fact i was asking myself how h1n1 and sras don't affect people anymore, did it vanished in the air or it's still floating around but for some reasons people are immune ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:27 am

@Warrior wrote:Thanks for the answers in previous page. I worried for a bit, for myself of course but mostly for my family and friends.

I don't have a major health issue, i just smoke cigarettes and weed which is bad for the lungs. Still i have great stamina for physical efforts, but maybe this virus will affect other parts.

Sucks that it happens here, i'm tempted to blame China out of frustration, but i don't know any arguments to support my point.

How the scientists expect this virus to disappear ? Vaccines are fine but it takes a long time to create and it does not stop the disease from spreading. In fact i was asking myself how h1n1 and sras don't affect people anymore, did it vanished in the air or it's still floating around but for some reasons people are immune ?

You'll be fine. The problem of the pandemic, as pointed out above, seems more that it will overexert health care systems if many people get pneumonia at the same time.
As for the second part, I'm pretty sure these diseases only vanished from the news, not from the planet.
Hard to see how a virus as contagious as this Covid can ever vanish. We're just going to get used to it, and it will be another variation of the cold and flu diseases we get all the time.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:33 am

@Nishankly wrote:Let's come back to the point, I am sorry mods, assuming race aside. Y'all will hate me but:

Stop being nice to Betty, It FUCKING started in China. Defend this before throwing your "white people" narrative.

We can't sit here and pretend when it started in China purely cause they eat something that other people don't. Please stop, it started in China, Chinese people are to blame and then it went forward based on where Chinese people traveled. It shouldn't take a Brown person to tell you this.

Betty, you're wrong, you can't defend this, you can for sure defend the sinophobia in a way but wait, aren't the sino people responsible for this global pandemic?

Im sorry what medical studies do you have that says it started because of Chinese eating habits? Thats a racist talking point because none of us know how it started and people posting videos of people as far away from Wuhan as you are from russia eating bats changes NOTHING

This is just lifting the veneer on people who want to have a valid reason for the Sinophobia they have felt for decades, if not centuries.

People are having their feelings hurt because globalism just doesnt include Chinese products, which they produce for all of, but everything else that comes out of China. You want globalism? THIS comes with it. You cant act like you can only take what you want from other parts of the world. China is too involved in the world economy for anything there to realistically ever just stay there.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:17 am

And you think we 're going to play an Euro 2020 in itinere ( for first time in football... I mean it's the year where Euro 2020 will be played in different European countries) in 3 months ...
I think UEFA should postpone Euro on next year (it's even odd year , so not an excessive problem ), as I've said it's even a Euro2020 in itinere and we have the whole Continent that is infected... so close to the event

If you postpone Euro2020 , you can also finish leagues normally  ... keeping from going completely crazy.
for example Serie A is facing the problem of "postponend matches" in a calendar so clogged  and it might be a common problem soon.

but regardless of calendars, I don't know if it's possible to host a similar and ambitious tournament in a  global emergency situation.

I don't know about Olympic Games too, at least they're in August.

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:19 am

@Robespierre wrote:And you think we 're going to play an Euro 2020 in itinere ( for first time in football... it's the year where Euro 2020 will be played in different European countries) in 3 months ...
I think UEFA should postpone Euro on next year (it's even odd year , so not an excessive problem ), as I've said it's even a Euro2020 in itinere and we have the whole Continent that is infected... so close to the event

If you postpone Euro2020 , you can also finish leagues normally ... keeping from going completely crazy.
for example Serie A is facing the problem of "postponend matches" in a calendar so clogged and it might be a common problem soon.

but regardless of calendars, I don't know if it's possible to host a similar and ambitious tournament in a situation of global emergence.

I don't know about Olympic Games too, at least they're in August.

Olympics start in late july.

I think they should be cancelled. Nobody in Tokyo wants tourists coming there for it now. Tokyo schools are closed until at least April 5th.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:21 am

Everyone knows the virus originated in China/Wuhan so who should we blame? Mexicans?

The outbreak was in China and they have 1000x more cases than anywhere else. Don't need studies, just logic.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:27 am

Little point on making a decision on the euros and the Olympics in February. Better to see how the situation evolves and make a more informed decision later
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:30 am

For safety reasons they should postpone Euro 2020 until summer 2022, and invite top countries from other continents.

Then the world cup in Qatar can go to scrap Wink the bribes are already in the bank accounts anyways
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:57 pm

I think people should be more worried about long term health problems when them dumb ass Japanese dump a million tonnes of radioactive water in to the sea and contaminate it. That's what worries me more tbh.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:06 pm

@Unique wrote:I think people should be more worried about long term health problems when them dumb ass Japanese dump a million tonnes of radioactive water in to the sea and contaminate it. That's what worries me more tbh.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:07 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Unique wrote:I think people should be more worried about long term health problems when them dumb ass Japanese dump a million tonnes of radioactive water in to the sea and contaminate it. That's what worries me more tbh.

are you not worried about that.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:13 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d95a9150d81f7c1429ffbd80b47cabf138acc6a8&rid=giphy

Kaz preparing a signature Kaz response to Unique after that jab to the Japanese.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:33 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

are you not worried about that.

Stop feeding the monster maaaan, he really goes overboard and its getting tiresome
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:59 pm

France begins with hard measures too

What about Ligue One now ?
Serie A don't want closed doors and so it's postponing matches on matches ( and it is a bad thing, why you can't know how much it lasts) , I wonder about France

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks for the update Robes.

Look, maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see how that ban is going to help? It might slightly decrease the rate of the spread, but ultimately and as long as you're dealing with people every day, you're bound to come across someone who has it.

Here's actually something that might help a little bit: when Paris had a transport strike, many enterprises allowed their employees to work remotely from home. This approach could actually be very helpful now to stifle the spread a little bit.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Sure, but it helps contain large clusters of outbreaks like what we saw with patient 31 in South Korea.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:34 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:

wow!
ok ..

its not japanese people its TEPCO who did that
plus how many f ... reactors do you think globally are nearby sea? and if disaster struck there...
by design all nuclear reactors globally are near seawater built on purpose not just japan , they provide the large quantities of cooling water needed to handle the wasted heat and i heard somewhere also to neutralize it

and yes it was environmental disaster it could happen anywhere anyday...
but seriously stop with the whole f.. k dig on japanese

also even japanese people are up for japan to be completely nuclear free https://phys.org/news/2013-09-japan-nuclear-free-reactor.html and follow german policy to be nuclear free country by 2022.

though no one in japan denies it was a worst environmental catastrophe and we as citizens do seriously feel responsible and think that needs to be sensible going forward so dont point as if we dont give a s t
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:50 pm

Promising to be nuclear free in the context of a world being ravaged by climate change is like promising to swear off vegetables when you're trying to eat healthier and lose 150 pounds.

You can do it through many other avenues, but getting rid of that option is just self harm. Sad IMO

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Coronavirus: Nasa images show China pollution clear amid slowdown

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 7 _111089478_china_trop_2020056

Silver lining?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Man, this thing is spreading at an exponential rate:

1. Iran's deaths at least 210, hospital sources say.
2. France has more than 100 confirmed cases: 12 have recovered and 86 are in hospital, nine of them in a serious condition.
3. First US death reported in Washington state
4. Coronavirus cases exceed 1,000 in Italy, death toll at 29: official

You can already see the difference in deaths between Western countries who have decent healthcare systems and other less fortunate countries who are in over their heads with this thing.

I realize it's a global pandemic now and that it's bad for everybody, but the poor countries with bad healthcare systems are fucked. And it's sad and even infuriating because those poor people didn't do anything wrong, but they will suffer the consequences nonetheless just because an ignorant person decided to eat a freaking bat.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum