The Movie House - Part 11

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 am

12 years a slave got plenty of nominations and won lots of awards and why did it do so well? simple because it was a great film with great acting from men and women and the director did a great job. nothing to do with race of gender. more great acting and directing from black people and women that make great films like this will win awards its as simple as that. morgan freeman has been nominated and won lots of awards because he is one of the best actors you will ever see. damon wayans not so much. meryl streep has been nominated for and won as many awards as anyone because she is a great actor. jada pinkett smith ( who started this shit ) is a rubbish actor and thats why she has not had the success as streep. all this goes to show if you have the talent you will get the recognition.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:39 am

i saw a interview once by samuel l jackson and he was saying some white actors were making more money than some black actors. samuel l jackson has made more than $200mil from making movies and he talks like hollywood has him washing dishes for $50 per day. what is his problem. is he upset that he has only made $200mil from acting or is he upset that a white actor has made $210mil.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:43 am


The last part has little to do with my point but if we are discussing that then I do not have any such thoughts. Some viewers simply do not focus on such things as diversity or the sex of one who is directing it. The awards by this point are barely paid attention to compared to before so if they merit their critical review that is far more lasting in a very open and aware social internet culture than some awards that have lost their meaning.

Kat Bigelow won (for Hurt Locker) over Jason Reitman for Up in the Air to which I found it was directing better despite Hurt Locker itself better as a whole.

Did I slam my fist onto my table crying sexism like those pathetic MRA activists? No. I recognised close choices are subjective despite art itself being far more objective than many would argue. If one was irate the fact that a woman won Best Director then yes that is something that should not be taken seriously.

I am not to be confused with what you stand against.


Yeah, Arq, that last part wasn't really directed at you, but more directed at what I've seen on various message boards, IRL and sometimes on here by some poster(s).

My main point is that the industry doesn't give enough opportunities to non-white people. Patty Jenkins is an example of someone who had to fight for 15 years to make another movie after she directed Charlize Theron to an Oscar. I have a hard time coming up with a man who would've not had a movie in production right away after a succes like that.
___

And regarding Jason Reitman, I really disagree. I wouldn't have given it to Bigelow either. But I'd have gone for Tarantino instead (not exactly the most socially "concious" pick) because his taste is more suited to me.

I want a voting body to be as diverse as possible. As long as it reflects the demograhics of the place it represents. A Danish voting body should mainly be white, as we are a very white country in general.

And if a film festival for disabled people should have a voting body, then it would make sense they'd represent exactly that.

And the Academy represents the US, and peripherally the world, so they should reflect that, more than they already do.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:45 am

@Unique wrote:i saw a interview once by samuel l jackson and he was saying some white actors were making more money than some black actors. samuel l jackson has made more than $200mil from making movies and he talks like hollywood has him washing dishes for $50 per day. what is his problem. is he upset that he has only made $200mil from acting or is he upset that a white actor has made $210mil.


$200m in total? That means he's been paid $1m per movie. Not exactly a lot for an actor of his caliber. I'd say he was severely underpaid.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:54 am

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:i saw a interview once by samuel l jackson and he was saying some white actors were making more money than some black actors. samuel l jackson has made more than $200mil from making movies and he talks like hollywood has him washing dishes for $50 per day. what is his problem. is he upset that he has only made $200mil from acting or is he upset that a white actor has made $210mil.


$200m in total? That means he's been paid $1m per movie. Not exactly a lot for an actor of his caliber. I'd say he was severely underpaid.
i think we both know he did not make $1mil from each film.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:01 am

@Freeza wrote:

The last part has little to do with my point but if we are discussing that then I do not have any such thoughts. Some viewers simply do not focus on such things as diversity or the sex of one who is directing it. The awards by this point are barely paid attention to compared to before so if they merit their critical review that is far more lasting in a very open and aware social internet culture than some awards that have lost their meaning.

Kat Bigelow won (for Hurt Locker) over Jason Reitman for Up in the Air to which I found it was directing better despite Hurt Locker itself better as a whole.

Did I slam my fist onto my table crying sexism like those pathetic MRA activists? No. I recognised close choices are subjective despite art itself being far more objective than many would argue. If one was irate the fact that a woman won Best Director then yes that is something that should not be taken seriously.

I am not to be confused with what you stand against.


Yeah, Arq, that last part wasn't really directed at you, but more directed at what I've seen on various message boards, IRL and sometimes on here by some poster(s).

My main point is that the industry doesn't give enough opportunities to non-white people. Patty Jenki Charlize Theron to an Oscar. I have a hard time coming up with a man who would've not had a movie in production right away after a succes like that. ns is an example of someone who had to fight for 15 years to make another movie after she directed
___

And regarding Jason Reitman, I really disagree. I wouldn't have given it to Bigelow either. But I'd have gone for Tarantino instead (not exactly the most socially "concious" pick) because his taste is more suited to me.

I want a voting body to be as diverse as possible. As long as it reflects the demograhics of the place it represents. A Danish voting body should mainly be white, as we are a very white country in general.

And if a film festival for disabled people should have a voting body, then it would make sense they'd represent exactly that.

And the Academy represents the US, and peripherally the world, so they should reflect that, more than they already do.
mate you talk bollox. are you saying she made a great movie that won a women a oscar and made money did not get another big job because she is a women. if she is making good movies that make lots of money she would get lots of jobs. are you saying the big movie studios would turn down a big pile of cash because they dont want a women to make that money. :facepalm:


Last edited by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:01 am

@Unique wrote:
@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:i saw a interview once by samuel l jackson and he was saying some white actors were making more money than some black actors. samuel l jackson has made more than $200mil from making movies and he talks like hollywood has him washing dishes for $50 per day. what is his problem. is he upset that he has only made $200mil from acting or is he upset that a white actor has made $210mil.


$200m in total? That means he's been paid $1m per movie. Not exactly a lot for an actor of his caliber. I'd say he was severely underpaid.
i think we both know he did not make $1mil from each film.


I tried to make a joke about him being in 200 films Laughing

Didn’t realise he’s got almost 200 credits.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:12 am

when you talk about racism in movies you have to ask what samuel l jackson realy means by what he said. instead of thinking i have had a great career and made over $200mil in movies he seems more pissed off that a white actor has made more money than him. that sounds a bit racist to me tbh.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:19 am

@Unique wrote:when you talk about racism in movies you have to ask what samuel l jackson realy means by what he said. instead of thinking i have had a great career and made over $200mil in movies he seems more pissed off that a white actor has made more money than him. that sounds a bit racist to me tbh.


Because he feels he's had to work harder than his competition to earn the same amount of money.

Dude's been in 200 films and combined the box office of his films have earned more money than anyone in history (marvel inflation).

I can understand where he's coming from. But it would be great if you could at least provide the interview where it's uttered if you actually want either an answer or a discussion about the subject.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:30 am

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:when you talk about racism in movies you have to ask what samuel l jackson realy means by what he said. instead of thinking i have had a great career and made over $200mil in movies he seems more pissed off that a white actor has made more money than him. that sounds a bit racist to me tbh.


Because he feels he's had to work harder than his competition to earn the same amount of money.

Dude's been in 200 films and combined the box office of his films have earned more money than anyone in history (marvel inflation).

I can understand where he's coming from. But it would be great if you could at least provide the interview where it's uttered if you actually want either an answer or a discussion about the subject.
he has not worked harder than anyone has he because making a movie is making a movie. and was free to turn down any contract he was offered if he thought it was shit. but $200mil from acting is not been that bad for contracts. its interesting to see sam talking about money made by white man that make more than his $200mil but he dont talk about the millions of white man working 12 hours a day for minimum wage. there are white men that make more money than him and there are white men than make a lot less money than him.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by CBarca on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:02 am

All I gotta say is I'm almost 100% in agreement with Freeza

And I feel like if you're not in agreement, it's hard for me to believe you don't have some sort of prejudice that might be at play.

Saying the academy should be more diverse is like the least controversial opinion I've ever seen on GL

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18617
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by M99 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:11 am

@CBarca wrote:All I gotta say is I'm almost 100% in agreement with Freeza

And I feel like if you're not in agreement, it's hard for me to believe you don't have some sort of prejudice that might be at play.

Saying the academy should be more diverse is like the least controversial opinion I've ever seen on GL


Same. But its apparent that even the most articulate and rational explanations will get you a "no not true what about this black actor or woman being successful" post, completely ignoring the point.

_________________
#JUSTICE4The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Lulcas11The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 ZidaneThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 SmurffThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 GhelyonThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Hungry_boyThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 28541
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 97

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by El Gunner on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:39 pm

@Freeza wrote:Not even gonna comment on the other part of his post?

For all the talk about "quality" should matter first and foremost, I don't hear you coming up with that argument whenever there's a terrible male director is nominated. Or when the movie wins.

Even last year. Green Book won best picture last year. I don't think anyone can seriously tell me that choice was about the quality and not because only old white men voted for it, because they want to rebel.

There's clearly a very singular taste in the academy, who we rightfully mock each year for picking low quality movies as winners. Then when people rightfully wants to fix the academy by nominating the best movies of the year, who just so happens to be directed by women. People start making quota arguments.
_____________

Last year Adam McKay was nominated for Vice, an outright terrible film. Was that because people thought it was good. Or because of him being a powerful Hollywood figure, or because they wanted to support the anti-republican sentiment? I can't see an argument for it being worth a best director nom.

How often are anyone other than white men nominated for bad/mediocre films?

Here are the women who have been nominated Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker), Lina Wertmüller (Seven Beauties), Jane Campion (The Piano), Sofia Coppola (Lost in Translation) and Gerwig (Lady Bird).

You can't tell me that out of almost 500 total nominations through the years, there hasn't been more than 5 times in 92 where a woman were a top 5 director of the year.

This isn't the nominees fault. It's a homogenous looking voting body who votes white, because their demographic has played a huge part in what they like. As a white dude myself I often like, what people like me like. Where as women I encounter have wildly different tastes. None of those tastes are more right than others, and if we want to subjectively determine the "best" film, as stupid as that really is in art, then we have to assemble a voting body that is representative of either the country, or world, we live in.

Thank you Freeza.
It's like people fail to see and are only speaking around this exact inclusion/exclusion issue which is the real problem.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16055
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:19 pm

@M99 wrote:
@CBarca wrote:All I gotta say is I'm almost 100% in agreement with Freeza

And I feel like if you're not in agreement, it's hard for me to believe you don't have some sort of prejudice that might be at play.

Saying the academy should be more diverse is like the least controversial opinion I've ever seen on GL


Same. But its apparent that even the most articulate and rational explanations will get you a "no not true what about this black actor or woman being successful" post, completely ignoring the point.
I pointed out that women and black people have done very well in the movie business with Meryl steep being the most nominated actor in the world and Samuel l Jackson is the biggest grossing film star of all time so if they are good at what they do they will get rewarded if they are shit then they won't. And the problem now is that we have more shit than good so people can take that race card and sexist card and shove them up they ass.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:22 pm

@M99 wrote:
@CBarca wrote:All I gotta say is I'm almost 100% in agreement with Freeza

And I feel like if you're not in agreement, it's hard for me to believe you don't have some sort of prejudice that might be at play.

Saying the academy should be more diverse is like the least controversial opinion I've ever seen on GL


Same. But its apparent that even the most articulate and rational explanations will get you a "no not true what about this black actor or woman being successful" post, completely ignoring the point.


Like clockwork rofl

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 pm

@CBarca wrote:All I gotta say is I'm almost 100% in agreement with Freeza

And I feel like if you're not in agreement, it's hard for me to believe you don't have some sort of prejudice that might be at play.

Saying the academy should be more diverse is like the least controversial opinion I've ever seen on GL
so you are saying forget about who has talent just make sure when you pick the nominations make sure you have 2 white 2 black and 2 women.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:27 pm

What I want to know is when are they gonna start giving white runners a gold medal in the 100mtr Olympic sprint. I mean it's not fair that a black guy wins it all the time is it. We should over look the talent the black runners have and for the sake of diversity from now on we have to give a gold to a white runner.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@M99 wrote:
@CBarca wrote:All I gotta say is I'm almost 100% in agreement with Freeza

And I feel like if you're not in agreement, it's hard for me to believe you don't have some sort of prejudice that might be at play.

Saying the academy should be more diverse is like the least controversial opinion I've ever seen on GL


Same. But its apparent that even the most articulate and rational explanations will get you a "no not true what about this black actor or woman being successful" post, completely ignoring the point.


Like clockwork rofl
you like to show off that condescending attitude of yours freeza but all you are really is a fat kid that likes to ride birds.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Reported. Didn’t spend hours writing these posts to be insulted.


_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:36 pm

@Freeza wrote:Reported. Didn’t spend hours writing these posts to be insulted.

you like to dish it out but you can't take it back son.

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Freeza on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:40 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Reported. Didn’t spend hours writing these posts to be insulted.

you like to dish it out but you can't take it back son.


Yeah it’s because I’m hurt...

Not...
Spoiler:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f32/16/66/48/27/418d2f10.jpg

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22364
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Reported. Didn’t spend hours writing these posts to be insulted.

you like to dish it out but you can't take it back son.


Yeah it’s because I’m hurt...

Not...
Spoiler:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f32/16/66/48/27/418d2f10.jpg
dude how do you survive out in the big bad world Laughing

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by M99 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:35 pm

Personal insults when you have nothing else to say but the same tripe you repeat like a broken record, of fucking course Laughing

_________________
#JUSTICE4The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Lulcas11The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 ZidaneThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 SmurffThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 GhelyonThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Hungry_boyThe Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 28541
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 97

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Myesyats on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 pm

@Unique wrote:What I want to know is when are they gonna start giving white runners a gold medal in the 100mtr Olympic sprint. I mean it's not fair that a black guy wins it all the time is it. We should over look the talent the black runners have and for the sake of diversity from now on we have to give a gold to a white runner.

Been advocating for this for yeeaars!!!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 12134
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:21 am

@Myesyats wrote:
@Unique wrote:What I want to know is when are they gonna start giving white runners a gold medal in the 100mtr Olympic sprint. I mean it's not fair that a black guy wins it all the time is it. We should over look the talent the black runners have and for the sake of diversity from now on we have to give a gold to a white runner.

Been advocating for this for yeeaars!!!
cheers

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Unique on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am

@M99 wrote:Personal insults when you have nothing else to say but the same tripe you repeat like a broken record, of fucking course Laughing
you say that like you and freeza have never personally insulted me. Unreal Laughing Laughing

_________________
The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum