63 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 28 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by Unique Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:21 am

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:

I don't want to drown all gun-owners in the Mediterranean Sea, I want them to not have guns.

Your equivalencies are bad, and you should feel bad.
ah. and there is another subtle way of calling me a nazi when i give you an example of your hypocricy. Wink

scratch

well me saying i want to stop the refugees coming into europe is not the same as drowning them in Mediterranean Sea is it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:10 pm

I think you're all rather daft for fighting over this un-winnable argument. Might as well start a "people have different opinions" thread where ya'll could to-and-fro to your hearts' content.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:I think you're all rather daft for fighting over this un-winnable argument. Might as well start a "people have different opinions" thread where ya'll could to-and-fro to your hearts' content.

Aye Very Happy

I wonder when was the last time someone actually changed their pre-conceived mind about a trending issue in a significant way. Sometimes you can predict the threads from miles off !

In this case, man...that shooter's face looks devoid of any emotion. Just like a ghost with no soul, looks like he's never lifted his entire life, either.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Zagadka wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I think you're all rather daft for fighting over this un-winnable argument. Might as well start a "people have different opinions" thread where ya'll could to-and-fro to your hearts' content.

Aye Very Happy

I wonder when was the last time someone actually changed their pre-conceived mind about a trending issue in a significant way.

Yeah, that's exactly it. People have their opinions on these issues and there are legit arguments on both sides. It just becomes a contest of who can come up with the wittiest remark or comeback and look like the "winner" for a moment - without anything really changing. I just don't see the point.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Another shooting. At a Synagogue this time...

11 dead confirmed

RIP.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:08 pm

The deadliest shooting of Jewish people in US history.

The shooter is a white supremacist, who espoused anti-semetic views all over social media and one profile he owned had "jews are the children of Satan" as his bio. He was apparently driven to do this because of the Jewish group HIAS deciding to hold Shabbat services for refugees. This is confirmed to be a hate crime.

He used a high-powered AK automatic assault rifle to carry out the attack. He was taken alive after wounding 2 police officers and 2 SWAT officers.

I blame the Republican Party for this monster's actions. I blame Trump most of all.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:21 pm

Attacks like these would never ever have been possible before Trump. The amount of freedom he has given to fascists in exploring their hateful ideas to even consider starting attacks like these nevermind actually starting them is the root cause.

This is only going to get worse.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Attacks like these would never ever have been possible before Trump. The amount of freedom he has given to fascists in exploring their hateful ideas to even consider starting attacks like these nevermind actually starting them is the root cause.

This is only going to get worse.

There's some very fine people on both sides, Nazis and dead Jews
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Some people yelling at Mitch McConnell during his dinner is apparently the same as actual terrorists.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:13 pm

Meh, can't blame trump for this. Shit like this, and much worse, happened regularly over every past administration. Crazy white supremacists never needed presidential permission to do something like this, even if you could argue they have it now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Meh, can't blame trump for this. Shit like this, and much worse, happened regularly over every past administration. Crazy white supremacists never needed presidential permission to do something like this, even if you could argue they have it now.

There's clear evidence that the political climate has helped radicalize these people. As can be seen on their social media profiles.

Denying Trump's retoric has had a clear effect on these people is willfully ignorant.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:11 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Meh, can't blame trump for this. Shit like this, and much worse, happened regularly over every past administration. Crazy white supremacists never needed presidential permission to do something like this, even if you could argue they have it now.

I thought about this before I posted what I did above, remembering that white supremacist attack on the Charleston church happened under Obama. However, Roof did not commit that crime because he felt inspired and liberated by the President's views to do so. It was the opposite. He probably hated Obama, just as all white supremacists do and that hate drove him to do what he did.

Here's why I think this is completely different. Trump's rhetoric has, on some level, provided comfort to people like Bowers (dubbed the MAGAshooter), Gregory Bush (shot 2 black people dead at grocery store in Louisville, KY) and Sayoc (the MAGABomber) to espouse their beliefs not only increasingly more openly, but with action behind the words. He has actively advocated violence against those who oppose him. He supported the beating of protesters at his rallies as a candidate, he supported a sitting member of congress who body-slammed a reporter, he practically gave police departments his implicit approval to use excessive force against black people they arrest. He has called the caravan of refugees approaching our border "rapists and murderers", he has repeatedly called muslims terrorists, black people "thugs". He was caught retweeting neo-nazi holocaust conspiracies. He has done everything possible make his presence felt when tragedies like this happen. Nothing he says or does at this point will ever make that otherwise. I don't believe he called this guy up and told him to shoot up a synagogue nor do I believe he called Sayoc up and told him where to mail the bombs. He didn't have to do that. His treatment of minorities, LGBTQ, muslims, women, and immigrants has done it for him.

That's why I blame him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:21 am

Trump said if there were armed guards this wouldn't happen.

so he wants to put armed guards in front of every school and church etc....?

how stupid can a person be?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:27 am

Mamad wrote:Trump said if there were armed guards this wouldn't happen.

They get money to say shit like that. More armed guards means more money to these slime balls. So of course there should be armed guards everywhere
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:36 am

Mamad wrote:Trump said if there were armed guards this wouldn't happen.

true. If armed guards did nothing why do they have them at airports banks and government buildings.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:39 am

Freeza wrote:

There's clear evidence that the political climate has helped radicalize these people. As can be seen on their social media profiles.

Denying Trump's retoric has had a clear effect on these people is willfully ignorant.
you are unreal man. You should remember some of the stuff you say in the past before you type stuff in the future.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:42 am

Freeza wrote:

seems a bit rash to talk so confidently over an event that happened less than 24 hours ago. The pipe bomber I could agree, but this is way too soon to talk so definitively about this. And honestly there is plenty of precedent in the pre-Trumo era.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:

seems a bit rash to talk so confidently over an event that happened less than 24 hours ago. The pipe bomber I could agree, but this is way too soon to talk so definitively about this. And honestly there is plenty of precedent in the pre-Trumo era.
when I said Islam is to blame for brain washing Islamic terrorists for years he tells me religion has nothing to do with it and I’m just a racist that hates brown people. Then one guy shoots some Jewish people and he says it proves trumps government are brain washing white men to kill jews. He can’t possibly be that stupid. He must be trolling.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 am

Unique wrote:
Freeza wrote:

you are unreal man. You should remember some of the stuff you say in the past before you type stuff in the future.

I have no idea what you're ever trying to say.

You have the reading comprehension of a five year old, and you only speak a single language (probably a high guesstimate from my side) so you have no excuse.

There's a clear digital footprint of the bomber being radicalized since 2016. But let's act like the words of politicians have no meaning and no effect.

There's this video with evidence of his footprint: https://youtu.be/L0AAXKMuFGE
And then there the photos of his van. All targets on his van are people Trump has made a point of attacking. No way he's not at fault in some capacity.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:54 am

Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:

when I said Islam is to blame for brain washing Islamic terrorists for years he tells me religion has nothing to do with it and I’m just a racist that hates brown people. Then one guy shoots some Jewish people and he says it proves trumps government are brain washing white men to kill jews. He can’t possibly be that stupid. He must be trolling.

I never even said such a thing. But you clearly can't read or comprehend a simple coherent thought.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I was speaking mainly about the pipe bomber, as that's pretty much confirmed now. Unless you choose to believe the right-wing conspiracies.

There might have been precedent in pre-Trump era for there to have been attacks. But in post cold-war I haven't seen a president advocate violence towards other people in this way.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:15 am

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote: seems a bit rash to talk so confidently over an event that happened less than 24 hours ago. The pipe bomber I could agree, but this is way too soon to talk so definitively about this. And honestly there is plenty of precedent in the pre-Trumo era.

I never even said such a thing. But you clearly can't read or comprehend a simple coherent thought.
the next time you call someone stupid just remind yourself that people that live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones son. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:24 am

Oh yeah the pipe bomber seems to be politically motivated. No separating that from Trump.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Oh yeah the pipe bomber seems to be politically motivated. No separating that from Trump.

A main culprit is also Twitter from what I’ve gathered. Twitter management is horrible.

Guy had apparently been making death threats all over Twitter and they didn’t take it seriously.

Really don’t like that Jack guy. Seems like an oblivious tool.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:32 am

I don’t follow trump around all day everyday looking for any dropped crumbs like a lot of you guys do but can someone tell me what proof there is that trump is brain washing anyone to do anything or is it like I suspect that the guy was nothing more than a trump supporter and people just want to blame it on trump because they don’t like him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:35 am

McLewis wrote:

Here's why I think this is completely different. Trump's rhetoric has, on some level, provided comfort to people like Bowers (dubbed the MAGAshooter), Gregory Bush (shot 2 black people dead at grocery store in Louisville, KY) and Sayoc (the MAGABomber) to espouse their beliefs not only increasingly more openly, but with action behind the words. He has actively advocated violence against those who oppose him. He supported the beating of protesters at his rallies as a candidate, he supported a sitting member of congress who body-slammed a reporter, he practically gave police departments his implicit approval to use excessive force against black people they arrest. He has called the caravan of refugees approaching our border "rapists and murderers", he has repeatedly called muslims terrorists, black people "thugs". He was caught retweeting neo-nazi holocaust conspiracies. He has done everything possible make his presence felt when tragedies like this happen. Nothing he says or does at this point will ever make that otherwise. I don't believe he called this guy up and told him to shoot up a synagogue nor do I believe he called Sayoc up and told him where to mail the bombs. He didn't have to do that. His treatment of minorities, LGBTQ, muslims, women, and immigrants has done it for him.

That's why I blame him.

I think it's important to separate the pipe bomber from the synagogue shooter. I agree that Trump's actions essentially amount to condoning and even inciting violence. And that people with formerly fringe beliefs now feel themselves to be liberated by his rhetoric and election. But I think there is a very good chance this would have happened anyways had Hillary been elected. We don't know enough to pin this on Trump.

Also Trump has been very pro Jewish. He is a much closer ally to Israel than Obama. His son in law is allegedly incredibly powerful and a Jew. And while he has retested some offensive stuff, he has never come out against Jews like he has against Latinos and blacks. If this were Trump motivated, it would have made a lot lore sense to do this at a predominantly Mexican church, for instance.

Not that I think logic has any sway with people capable of committing things like this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next