Freeza
Firenze
63 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 29 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 28 Oct - 3:35:29

McLewis wrote:

Here's why I think this is completely different. Trump's rhetoric has, on some level, provided comfort to people like Bowers (dubbed the MAGAshooter), Gregory Bush (shot 2 black people dead at grocery store in Louisville, KY) and Sayoc (the MAGABomber) to espouse their beliefs not only increasingly more openly, but with action behind the words. He has actively advocated violence against those who oppose him. He supported the beating of protesters at his rallies as a candidate, he supported a sitting member of congress who body-slammed a reporter, he practically gave police departments his implicit approval to use excessive force against black people they arrest. He has called the caravan of refugees approaching our border "rapists and murderers", he has repeatedly called muslims terrorists, black people "thugs". He was caught retweeting neo-nazi holocaust conspiracies. He has done everything possible make his presence felt when tragedies like this happen. Nothing he says or does at this point will ever make that otherwise. I don't believe he called this guy up and told him to shoot up a synagogue nor do I believe he called Sayoc up and told him where to mail the bombs. He didn't have to do that. His treatment of minorities, LGBTQ, muslims, women, and immigrants has done it for him.

That's why I blame him.

I think it's important to separate the pipe bomber from the synagogue shooter. I agree that Trump's actions essentially amount to condoning and even inciting violence. And that people with formerly fringe beliefs now feel themselves to be liberated by his rhetoric and election. But I think there is a very good chance this would have happened anyways had Hillary been elected. We don't know enough to pin this on Trump.

Also Trump has been very pro Jewish. He is a much closer ally to Israel than Obama. His son in law is allegedly incredibly powerful and a Jew. And while he has retested some offensive stuff, he has never come out against Jews like he has against Latinos and blacks. If this were Trump motivated, it would have made a lot lore sense to do this at a predominantly Mexican church, for instance.

Not that I think logic has any sway with people capable of committing things like this.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 3:40:22

Again I ask when has trump encouraged anyone to commit violence.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 28 Oct - 3:53:32

When he asked the "2nd ammendment types" to take care of Hillary Clinton

When he praised a congressman for body slamming a journalist

When he sang "lock him up" about George Soros hours after he was mailed a pipe bomb

That's off the top off my head, I'm sure there's many more if I cared to research it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 4:02:03

BarrileteCosmico wrote:When he asked the "2nd ammendment types" to take care of Hillary Clinton

When he sang "lock him up" about George Soros hours after he was mailed a pipe bomb

That's off the top off my head, I'm sure there's many more if I cared to research it
so not once then. He’s never told anyone to commit violence.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Oct - 4:03:02

Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:When he asked the "2nd ammendment types" to take care of Hillary Clinton

You really can't read rofl

Look at the first line ffs
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 4:07:12

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:

You really can't read rofl

Look at the first line ffs
the first line says nothing about violence or can’t you read. If only that was Mexicans that got shot instead of Jews you could have got out your race card and played it for weeks. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 4:17:47

Also when some crack pot shoots a bunch of random people you lot blame the guns as soon as one of these crack pots can be linked to trump you forget all about the guns and blame it all on trump. Some people are unreal ffs Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 28 Oct - 5:41:57

There's a literal video of him advocating violence directly to his supporters right here - Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 28 Oct - 5:58:03

There really should be a literacy test for people registering on GL. Unique mate go back to school and get a high school diploma or something or at least take some English classes.

RIP to the victims. Absolutely horrible. But we need armed guards in front of every synagogue, church, mosque, school? Do the NRA and their puppets go by a nanosecond of the day without thinking of their profits?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 28 Oct - 6:01:31

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Here's why I think this is completely different. Trump's rhetoric has, on some level, provided comfort to people like Bowers (dubbed the MAGAshooter), Gregory Bush (shot 2 black people dead at grocery store in Louisville, KY) and Sayoc (the MAGABomber) to espouse their beliefs not only increasingly more openly, but with action behind the words. He has actively advocated violence against those who oppose him. He supported the beating of protesters at his rallies as a candidate, he supported a sitting member of congress who body-slammed a reporter, he practically gave police departments his implicit approval to use excessive force against black people they arrest. He has called the caravan of refugees approaching our border "rapists and murderers", he has repeatedly called muslims terrorists, black people "thugs". He was caught retweeting neo-nazi holocaust conspiracies. He has done everything possible make his presence felt when tragedies like this happen. Nothing he says or does at this point will ever make that otherwise. I don't believe he called this guy up and told him to shoot up a synagogue nor do I believe he called Sayoc up and told him where to mail the bombs. He didn't have to do that. His treatment of minorities, LGBTQ, muslims, women, and immigrants has done it for him.

That's why I blame him.

I think it's important to separate the pipe bomber from the synagogue shooter. I agree that Trump's actions essentially amount to condoning and even inciting violence. And that people with formerly fringe beliefs now feel themselves to be liberated by his rhetoric and election. But I think there is a very good chance this would have happened anyways had Hillary been elected. We don't know enough to pin this on Trump.

Also Trump has been very pro Jewish. He is a much closer ally to Israel than Obama. His son in law is allegedly incredibly powerful and a Jew. And while he has retested some offensive stuff, he has never come out against Jews like he has against Latinos and blacks. If this were Trump motivated, it would have made a lot lore sense to do this at a predominantly Mexican church, for instance.

Not that I think logic has any sway with people capable of committing things like this.

I've also considered Jared's proximity to him as well as his ties to Israel. I'll clarify, I don't believe Trump himself is anti-semetic, despite the fact he was caught re-tweeting holocaust conspiracies peddled by neo-nazis.

However, what I do believe is that his reckless rhetoric has given inspiration to his supporters who are anti-semetic, such as this shooter. Let's also remember that this piece of shit was influenced by larger pieces of shit like Rep Steve King of Iowa and Rep Matt Gaetz of Florida, who pedaled ridiculous conspiracy theories claiming that muslim refugees are hiding in immigrant caravan travelling through Mexico on it's way to our Southern born. Then you add the fact that a group like HIAS is actively helping refugees that made it here and you have a perfect storm of hate. So not only is Trump responsible, but every Republican in a position of power and influence who choose to support him and spew these conspiracies are as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 28 Oct - 6:14:05

To me, putting armed guards in front of school, a church, or any other place where people should be able to go and be/feel safe is us practically giving up on becoming a morally and ethically better society.

Know what would help stop this? Banning assault rifles like the one used here. There is no functional use for a weapon like this except to take many lives. This isn't a hunting rifle. We're not in Iraq or Afghanistan fighting ISIS. This gun has no literal use in our society so it does not belong in it. If I absolutely need a gun to defend myself and my family, a handgun is more than a enough. Psychos like this guy stock up on guns like this firstly because they can and secondly in case they want to go shoot up the places of people who don't look like them or don't believe in the same things they do.

And they get these guns with no serious questions asked for what? Because our Constitution, which was written 230 years ago says they can? The same constitution that was amended to free slaves and allow women to vote? The same one that now allows blacks and other minorities to vote? The one that has been changed 25 times over the duration of my country's short history?

The 2nd amendment needs to be amended to fit today's society, not that of 1787 and I firmly believe that the influence of the NRA must be broken. The entire organization needs to be brought to heel as it has grown too powerful and influential.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun 28 Oct - 8:16:03

McLewis wrote:To me, putting armed guards in front of school, a church, or any other place where people should be able to go and be/feel safe is us practically giving up on becoming a morally and ethically better society.

Know what would help stop this? Banning assault rifles like the one used here. There is no functional use for a weapon like this except to take many lives. This isn't a hunting rifle. We're not in Iraq or Afghanistan fighting ISIS. This gun has no literal use in our society so it does not belong in it. If I absolutely need a gun to defend myself and my family, a handgun is more than a enough. Psychos like this guy stock up on guns like this firstly because they can and secondly in case they want to go shoot up the places of people who don't look like them or don't believe in the same things they do.

And they get these guns with no serious questions asked for what? Because our Constitution, which was written 230 years ago says they can? The same constitution that was amended to free slaves and allow women to vote? The same one that now allows blacks and other minorities to vote? The one that has been changed 25 times over the duration of my country's short history?

The 2nd amendment needs to be amended to fit today's society, not that of 1787 and I firmly believe that the influence of the NRA must be broken. The entire organization needs to be brought to heel as it has grown too powerful and influential.

Finally one American who actually believes second amendment is not a word of God that can't be changed.
Laws are there to be changed according to the changing needs of the society.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun 28 Oct - 10:24:11

Gun ownership wasnt a bad idea back in the times when the 2nd amendment was enacted since everyone could defend themselves in those wild times but now there's absolutely no reason for that to be in place.

I'm quite certain plenty of certified insane people have an entire arsenal at their house ready to go and they are never questioned in that matter at all. That's so bizzare to think of because surely those who go out one day with the intent to kill several people are not mentally stable. So why are the allowed to buy guns like candy and even open carry in some cases?

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 28 Oct - 11:07:18

I mean I grew up near and now live near 2 of the roughest cities in the country. I'm all for people arming themselves to protect themselves and their families, but realistically speaking we're talking 1, maybe 2 idiots breaking into your house to steal your stuff. A handgun is more than capable of handling that. It's not like we're talking about oh......a 15-man hit squad coming to kill you and chop up your body. Unless in your in deep with the cartel or have pissed off the Saudi royal family, that doesn't happen much, if at all in suburban America or rural America, where so many of those residents stockpile guns.

Conservatives are terrified of any notion of doing anything to the 2nd amendment. They've convinced themselves that banning AR-15s is only the beginning for liberals. Next, they'll come for shotguns, then it'll be hunting rifles, then crossbows, and finally handguns. All of that is nonsense of course, but that's down to the NRA and their GOP errand boys doing a masterful job of scaring their constituents with all kinds of nightmares of what could happen if they can't get their hands on that AR-15 due to the big bad liberals enacting common sense gun control.

I don't want to see all guns banned. I just don't want it to be so damn easy for anyone (especially those with mental issues or clear racial, religious and cultural bias) to be able to get their hands on one. Obtaining a weapon designed to take life SHOULD be hard. That's the whole point. The 1st amendment was altered to fit today's society. The same can and should be done for the 2nd.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun 28 Oct - 12:00:14

A gun that fires shitload of bullets in 10 second is not made for defending yourself. it's made for killing. easy killing.

If a killer uses a knife or a bat or even a handgun then he won't be able to kill so many.

We are talking about people's lives here. law is made to protect people not to make it easy for killers to murder anybody at anytime with ease.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 12:58:51

M99 wrote:There really should be a literacy test for people registering on GL. Unique mate go back to school and get a high school diploma or something or at least take some English classes.

RIP to the victims. Absolutely horrible. But we need armed guards in front of every synagogue, church, mosque, school? Do the NRA and their puppets go by a nanosecond of the day without thinking of their profits?
tbh it seems to me that too much education breeds 2 faced hypercritical pussies.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 13:19:50

most of you so called educated people on here dont know how transparent you really are. most of you come to threads like this to congratulate each other on how educated you all are when all you really do is lie to each other and spew hypercritical bullshit. the truth is everyone hates trump for his policy on mexico and middle east countries but because he cant be got rid of for that people just dig and dig for anything they can pretend to be outraged by. i been saying for years we should ban religion and religous books like the quran because its proven to brain wash people to commit acts of violence and most of you lot shot down that theory saying there is no link to islam and im just a racist. but as soon as one crack pot gets linked to trump you are all out saying it proves the trump government are brain washing people to kill. and now you lot are saying that trump is saying stuff that is trying to incite violence and tbh ive not seen or heared anything like that but i admit i dont follow trump around trying to sniff his underpants like some of you so i will just have to take your word for it that he is doing things like that but my question is where were all you do gooders when the obama government was dropping bombs and killing innocent civilians. where was the outrage from you lot then. thats right you were nowhere to be seen. all you educated people seem to do is shift blame and put it where it most suits your agender. call me what you like i dont really care but you can never call me a 2 faced hypercrit.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun 28 Oct - 13:50:21

People hate Trump because he is a moron. a liar.

After many years of negotiations Iran, US and Europe reached an agreement about Iran's nuclear program. i'm sure many of you know the details.

the agreement was working.......till Trump happened.

He broke the agreement just because he hated Obama. like a 4 year old girl. he destroyed the only solution. he didn't care about what may US look like if they broke their word. he just cared about his own amusement.

how this joke of a human being ended up becoming the president of US i really don't know.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 15:12:10

Mamad wrote:People hate Trump because he is a moron. a liar.

After many years of negotiations Iran, US and Europe reached an agreement about Iran's nuclear program. i'm sure many of you know the details.

the agreement was working.......till Trump happened.

He broke the agreement just because he hated Obama. like a 4 year old girl. he destroyed the only solution. he didn't care about what may US look like if they broke their word. he just cared about his own amusement.

how this joke of a human being ended up becoming the president of US i really don't know.
yeah its not like iran has never had a government that lies is it. infact all governments lie thats how they make a living.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun 28 Oct - 22:10:23

Well according to reports we did everything according to the deal.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 22:57:56

Mamad wrote:Well according to reports we did everything according to the deal.
who published that report though.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 28 Oct - 22:58:22

McLewis wrote:I mean I grew up near and now live near 2 of the roughest cities in the country. I'm all for people arming themselves to protect themselves and their families, but realistically speaking we're talking 1, maybe 2 idiots breaking into your house to steal your stuff. A handgun is more than capable of handling that. It's not like we're talking about oh......a 15-man hit squad coming to kill you and chop up your body. Unless in your in deep with the cartel or have pissed off the Saudi royal family, that doesn't happen much, if at all in suburban America or rural America, where so many of those residents stockpile guns.

Conservatives are terrified of any notion of doing anything to the 2nd amendment. They've convinced themselves that banning AR-15s is only the beginning for liberals. Next, they'll come for shotguns, then it'll be hunting rifles, then crossbows, and finally handguns. All of that is nonsense of course, but that's down to the NRA and their GOP errand boys doing a masterful job of scaring their constituents with all kinds of nightmares of what could happen if they can't get their hands on that AR-15 due to the big bad liberals enacting common sense gun control.

I don't want to see all guns banned. I just don't want it to be so damn easy for anyone (especially those with mental issues or clear racial, religious and cultural bias) to be able to get their hands on one. Obtaining a weapon designed to take life SHOULD be hard. That's the whole point. The 1st amendment was altered to fit today's society. The same can and should be done for the 2nd.
do you own any guns mate.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon 29 Oct - 0:03:07

Unique wrote:

International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 29 Oct - 0:31:18

Mamad wrote:
Unique wrote:

International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors
i find it hard to believe that iran would spend so much time and money on getting nukes to then just give it all up. thats just my opinion by the way.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 29 Oct - 0:54:18

Iran gave up on nukes more or less in 2005 or something like that

The deal was about them renouncing their right to enrichment which they possess by international law, having signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation treaty (which other relevant countries *cough*Israel*cough* have not signed)

None of this has to do with Gun Violence in US tho
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 29 Oct - 1:18:01

Hapless_Hans wrote:Iran gave up on nukes more or less in 2005 or something like that

The deal was about them renouncing their right to enrichment which they possess by international law, having signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation treaty (which other relevant countries *cough*Israel*cough* have not signed)

None of this has to do with Gun Violence in US tho
they gave up on nukes as soon as they had them. i think its safe to say they have a few nukes stashed and ready to go.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next