RealGunner
Mr Nick09
rwo power
donttreadonred
Yeezus
83 posters

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 43 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by rincon Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:04 am

Myesyats wrote:How tf is France so packed with talent and still got Rabiot starting for them?? I can't wrap my head around that

Incredible year for him. He is finally playing like his mom always thought he did Laughing

Absolute world class season from him.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 43 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:15 pm

I don't know why Rabiot coming through surprises so many as bar Sports its obvious to me many haven't seen him since his Paris days.

He always had a very high footballing IQ and some interesting skills problem is he has such a poor attitude and is such a momma's boy being coddled at her bosom that it prevented from from responding well to any adversity.

His world cup was fantastic as well.

But his overall season has been beyond ridiculous.

The relationship between him and Max is very strong similar to Pjanic and Max and it's brought out a lot in Adrien.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Yes i suggest looking back at Rabiot's whole career, to realize we are currently witnessing a one season wonder. A season to forget for Juve by the way.

At PSG and Juve we've only seen glimpses of potential before that, he never was a difference maker like this season. While bad attitude and entitlement don't help him, lack of efficiency has been an even worse problem. High IQ in positioning perhaps but decision making is not really a main strength of his game.

I think Max and Deschamps like his versatility in midfield above all. Maybe coaches trusting him + need to get a big contract explains his current form. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain that level next season.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:13 pm

btw France U21 team was slapped 4-0 by England's...

U21 Euros will be this June to July
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:11 am

France's U21 team never does anything FYI. In our entire history, we've won exactly one U21 euro and that was in 1988. Same with U20... i think we've basically almost never qualified for the U20 WC and won one time (pogba team).

Just means very little to the system. The best guys on the U20 & U21 teams are too far along in their careers and dont' want to get injured/don't care. I pay more attention to U18 and below... because those guys have something to prove by being on those NT teams.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:24 pm

@sport keep an eye on my cousin, 16 year old, star of the u17 PSG Team.. he’s gotten call ups from both France and Algeria youth Nt
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:37 pm

So interestingly, midfield looks very strong now.  Griezmann has settled into the creator role and Nkunku (waiting to see how this works) as his backup as a pure 10.

The regular CMs are Rabiot and Tchouameni with Camavinga and Fofana right behind them.

On the attack, you have Mbappe, Giroud and Coman with Nkunku (he backs up Mbappe as well), Kolo Muani and Dembele as the backups.

Fullbacks are Pavard/Kounde and the Hernandez brothers (with Mendy as the 3rd).

CBs are stacked.

Keepers are Maignan, Brice Samba and Areola.

Very stacked team with youth.  Kids are going to come up too in next couple of years like Cherki and Zaire-Emery (whom City wants as part of Bernardo Silva deal).

I think the best front 3 are Mbappe, Kolo Muani and Nkunku personally... but Nkunku would need to play on the right.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 am

France had the pleasure of being the last game for Lahoz in UEFA. For his retirement... it was a complete shitshow by Lahoz. Good riddance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:50 am

rest in retirement to a GOAT ref :bow: son couldn't help himself to be the centre of attention every time, no idea how he wasn't sacked before
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:04 pm

Some notes on the team:
-  Absolutely stacked at GK, CB, DM, LB and RW.  We're literally 3 deep at these positions.
-  Griezmann is amazing.  Playing CM both ways (defends like crazy) as if he's done it all his life.
-  Clauss was great... but RB is the biggest area of weakness along with CF if you consider Clauss, Kounde and Pavard a weak trio.
-  Mbappe and Coman were amazing.
-  Kolo Muani worries me.  He's just awkward.  Needs to clean it up in a big way.  If not, we need Tel at Bayern to take the next step.  Nkunku coming back is very necessary too (Dec or Jan).
-  Tchou is the man
-  Rabiot runs hot and cold.

My ideal lineup for Euro:

Maignan
Clauss - Konate - Upamecano - Lucas Henandez
Tchouameni - Rabiot - Griezmann
Coman - Nkunku - Mbappe

Thing is even if some players drop form or get hurt in CM and forwards, we have Camavinga, Zaire Emery, Barcola, Tel, Kephren Thuram, etc. all ready to come up or add depth.   I'm not even talking about CBs because we have 10 lol. It's very very deep all the way (other than RB).

Maignan has hand issues in this game... but he's been so amazing other than this game that I'll give him a pass.  Made a couple of nice saves too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:17 am

Basically France should be dominating football for the next decade in addition to the last, the amount of talent is just insane Razz While most other NTs struggle to produce for some reason...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:32 am

Against Scotland, Mbappe continues to develop patience and playmaking... as he stated he would during the summer. Instead of just getting the ball and attacking 1 or 3 defenders, he picks his spots and really is showing improvement in his vision/passing accuracy.

The other big development for Mbappe is the power and accuracy of his shot from distance with little to no wind up. Literally pings the ball now.

Becoming more and more complete.

As far as France generally, not much to take from a game like this since Scotland is so much weaker. However, I will say that I love Konate and Coman is definitely the number 1 option on the right wing.

Also, Mbappe and Giroud cannot play together against top teams unfortunately for Giroud. Cannot afford to have 2 players who do not defend. So to me, it's going to be Nkunku or Muani for this coming Euro unless Tel really takes off for Bayern as a second striker next to Kane (if he gets a chance).

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:27 pm

Great to know Mbappe continues to improve his game Smile

As for Coman, Im not sure about him, like why is he still mainly a sub for Bayern after all these yrs n for NT, hes still inconsistent? Dembele needs to do well at PSG to cement his place but it doesnt look too good atm, so that and the striker problem is a weakness. Nkunku is good but not a 9 right? But apart from that, as good as it gets for any team Very Happy

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:40 pm

Coman is an undisputed starter for Bayern and has been for several years. Considered one of the best wingers in the world. He used to have a lot of injury problems though. Seems like he turned a corner towards the end of the last year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:05 pm

Per usual, France decides not to play a friendly.  Nobody wants to get injured at this stage of the year since all the players basically have big games coming up with their clubs.

Doesn't excuse a 0/10 performance...  but it's just a waste of time.

I'll say that Deschamps not creating competition in the team is a cause too.  Everyone feels secure that they will make the Euro.  With nothing to gain or to prove other than a couple of players... here you are.

Only players that weren't horrible were Rabiot, Tchou and Dembele (1st half). Samba was good too.

Especially absent: Thuram, Kounde, Lucas H, Pavard, Zaire Emery, and Mbappe.

To me, Thuram, Lucas H, Kounde, and Lucas H are not at the right level. Nkunku and Coman need to have a great last 2 months (both coming back this coming week from injury). Ferland Mendy needs to replace Lucas H, Konate needs to stay healthy, and Kolo Muani needs to find form again.

Just overall, no intensity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:24 pm

What Kroos did to France today... The definition of a sublime player. Will be missed.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:16 am

Dont think France were all that bad or didnt try... but Germany were surprisingly good. Those Leverkusen players were pretty impressive like Wirtz...

Why Theo doesnt start n also Konate still warming the bench? I thought they were absolutely great for their clubs? In Thuram at least France hopefully has found a better 9 than Muani n old Giroud? Not sure though still Razz Oh n the first game without Griezmann in 7 yrs prolly showed when trying to create up front n relied mostly on Mbappe, Dembele n the FBs...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:38 am

France don't care about friendlies... never have unless there was something to play for.  The only possible way that they would bring intensity is with players that have something to play for (solidify spot on NT).  None of the players had that pressure and here you are.

Germany and then Chile, on the other hand, have been atrocious lately and both needed to prove something even in friendlies.  They played more aggressively.

If you watch France, you know that they destroy people physically.  When they are walking around and don't overcome athletically, you know they're not trying.

Both Tchou and Camavinga were the biggest culprits... they barely ran. Mbappe and Dembele, who both had been dominant at club, barely ran too.

The goalkeepers got a good look lol. About it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43