Are you happy with GL's activity?

+66
The Demon of Carthage
Arquitecto
The Madrid One
LeVersacci
silver
The_Raid
Unique
VivaStPauli
Juveman17
zigra
Firenze
Sri
Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
guest7
free_cat
El Messico
Pedram
Myesyats
Lucifer
Thimmy
Red Alert
S
Hapless_Hans
Rebaño Sagrado
zarola
Vibe
7amood11
B-Mac
Eman
mr-r34
urbaNRoots
Busby Babe
RED
Glory
Tomwin Lannister
Kick
FennecFox7
Valkyrja
CBarca
M99
dostoevsky
RedOranje
McAgger
The Franchise
El Gunner
Lupi
McLewis
Casciavit
Dante
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
RealGunner
Robespierre
Doc
BarrileteCosmico
Nishankly
Freeza
Lex
Kaladin
futbol
Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Without new members any forum will slowly die. Reddit and discord are popular, sure, but it's not like every single discussion forum on the internet is dying down. Things on an actual forum are more organized, imo, and that appeals to me over the very fleeting nature of reddit threads, for example. What I think is the real problem of GL is that nobody knows about us. How do you join a forum you don't know about? I think there are people out there who would enjoy GL, but they will never know this place exists.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Posts : 18097
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:36 pm

@Art Morte wrote:I think there are people out there who would enjoy GL, but they will never know this place exists.


This reminds me of that Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder playing tennis joke that Warrior posted in the joke thread.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm

I love GL but certainly not happy with the activity and not just because of how it was.

All the sections from club sections to miscellaneous being compromised is a sign and a rather slow death even if activity has been consistent but I desire more posters and a variety, though I am happy with the quality of posters unless youre BarcaLearning. Though I do miss some now gone posters who have not been here for years.

The forum itself is very very outdated and that does not need to be pointed out as if it is not marketed then it will perish given we all are a little less focused on the game and the new posters apparently joining, never seem to post.

My contribution is posting within the match threads even when chat is on as tempting as chat is.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11455
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 pm

does none of you have any friends that can join. i introduced loveslug to the forum but it seems like none of you have any friends that have joined. i have a bunch of friends that i could introduce to the forum but i think they would be a bit to in your face for most users so i wont get them to join we have more than enough arguments on whatsapp groups im sure you lot dont want to listen to us make threats to kill each other Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Just to remind everyone here that I'm not one of 'the originals'. I never was part of Goal.com, and I only joined the fold in 2015. It's proof that you can find GL even if you're an outsider and don't share a past with its members.

Having said that, I might have another explanation as to why GL is struggling to bring in more members and convince the new ones to stick around, and it has nothing to do with the rise of whatsapp and/or discord servers.

When I first came in, I felt (and still do) that GL is divided into small clans with each clan consisting of members who prefer to only engage in banter with each other and are rarely ever interested in having debates, even less so with people outside of their circle. If you're a new member, this could cause you to lose enthusiasm and drive to keep coming back.

Second reason is the fact that banter is encouraged here while serious debate is not. If you come here to have a serious exchange of opinions, I guarantee you that some members here will be annoyed by it. You'll have many who are open to it, but there are others who will not only not debate you but also try to shut you down. In my case, one member has already voiced their discontent with my "so-serious" posts while two others criticized my tendency to write lengthy posts. Imagine that being a factor.

Is it really my fault that you're intellectually incapable of writing or reading long posts? And who's exactly forcing you to read them? And more importantly who the f do you think you are to put character limit on people's posts?

If you are e new member and you're solely looking for serious debate, GL is sadly not the place for that.

Third and final reason is GL's tendency of turning a blind eye to some posters who are doing nothing but bringing the overall quality of the forum down. Posters like Chad wouldn't survive a second in my world. Two other Madrid posters as well.

It's okay if you don't want to have long, tiring debates or read long posts. But you have no right telling the people who do not to do it.

Anyway, this is my own explanation, and I would like to insist before signing off that these posters aren't the majority, and that there are others here who continue to impress me every single day with their intellect and debating skills, and they are the reason why I keep coming back to this place which I still think is great.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6142
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:59 pm

tbf it is my fault that 2 posters left. could be more but i know for a fact its 2.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:00 pm

@Unique wrote:tbf it is my fault that 2 posters left. could be more but i know for a fact its 2.


Who?
I don't really think it is. If they weren't ready to leave already, they would have just put you on ignore if you were bothering them so much.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33492
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:04 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:tbf it is my fault that 2 posters left. could be more but i know for a fact its 2.


Who?
I don't really think it is. If they weren't ready to leave already, they would have just put you on ignore if you were bothering them so much.
well RedOranje left because of me. dude was here for 4 years controling you lot. im here for 4 months and the guy is like i cant take this shit no more Laughing and lavassaci left because of me. well he told the admin to ban me or he will leave. they didnt ban me so he left.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Just to remind everyone here that I'm not one of 'the originals'. I never was part of Goal.com, and I only joined the fold in 2015. It's proof that you can find GL even if you're an outsider and don't share a past with its members.

2015 gang is here waddup

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Biqr

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15625
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:46 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:tbf it is my fault that 2 posters left. could be more but i know for a fact its 2.


Who?
I don't really think it is. If they weren't ready to leave already, they would have just put you on ignore if you were bothering them so much.
well RedOranje left because of me. dude was here for 4 years controling you lot. im here for 4 months and the guy is like i cant take this shit no more Laughing and lavassaci left because of me. well he told the admin to ban me or he will leave. they didnt ban me so he left.


RedOranje didn't leave because of you, I think he had lost interest anyway. At least that's the impression I got. Mind you, I wasn't here so much longer than you either so I don't know the guy that well.
He could easily just have you banned, if it was you actually driving from the forum against his will, you know Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33492
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:49 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:

Who?
I don't really think it is. If they weren't ready to leave already, they would have just put you on ignore if you were bothering them so much.
well RedOranje left because of me. dude was here for 4 years controling you lot. im here for 4 months and the guy is like i cant take this shit no more Laughing and lavassaci left because of me. well he told the admin to ban me or he will leave. they didnt ban me so he left.


RedOranje didn't leave because of you, I think he had lost interest anyway. At least that's the impression I got. Mind you, I wasn't here so much longer than you either so I don't know the guy that well.
He could easily just have you banned, if it was you actually driving from the forum against his will, you know Laughing
RG told me he left mostly because of me. not all me but i tipped him over the edge. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:52 pm

tbh i am surprised RG has not banned me. i know he has people putting him under pressure to ban me and its not like he lets me stay because he likes me. he hates me as much as most members Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Guess he hates banning people even more
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33492
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Guess he hates banning people even more
i think people love to hate me. if i was gone people would get bored. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:11 pm

GL has lost some importance to me but I view it as a family and less like a forum.

At the end of the day, the lads of GL are all quite devoted to this place. As long as we have each other/ RG has an income, this place should survive for years to come.

I think if people were going to leave, they would have left by now.

People talk about the lack of new members, but also, how many member have we lost? Over the last two years or so, relatively few. Probably similar even if you reach a couple years back beyond that.

Even members who have left like Sepi and Art have come back

I'm not worried about the forum, and I'm quite frankly somewhat apathetic to the activity. As long as there is enough to engage in some banter here and there, I'm good
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20099
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 pm

a few of the liverpool fans just left without word. curtinho and red alert left. and james only pops in now and then.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:45 pm

If you can't handle Firenze at his worst, you don't deserve Firenze at his best
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20099
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 pm

@CBarca wrote:If you can't handle Firenze at his worst, you don't deserve Firenze at his best
i like frenzy. he is the easiest person ive ever seen to manipulate. i also like how he gives stick out but he can take it back. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 pm

@Unique wrote:
@CBarca wrote:If you can't handle Firenze at his worst, you don't deserve Firenze at his best
i like frenzy. he is the easiest person ive ever seen to manipulate. i also like how he gives stick out but he can take it back. Very Happy


I appreciate that about him, as well. Always a good sport Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 pm

I'm quite certain a decision was made by popular demand around 2012/2013 not to aggressively expand GL (in terms of new members coming in). We decided we'd let it grow naturally but the problem with letting this place grow naturally is that nobody has any idea this place exists. We're seeing some repercussions from that decision now, half a decade later.

Art is right, there are definitely people out there who crave the sort of close knit community and personal discussion that GL provides to its members that is not prevalent in huge sites like Reddit. But as he said they have no idea how to find this place.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 pm

speak of the devil and he will surly appear cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 pm

this place is easy to find. all i did was google football forums and this was the only one left on the list i wasnt banned from so i joined.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I'm quite certain a decision was made by popular demand around 2012/2013 not to aggressively expand GL (in terms of new members coming in). We decided we'd let it grow naturally but the problem with letting this place grow naturally is that nobody has any idea this place exists. We're seeing some repercussions from that decision now, half a decade later.

Art is right, there are definitely people out there who crave the sort of close knit community and personal discussion that GL provides to its members that is not prevalent in huge sites like Reddit. But as he said they have no idea how to find this place.


I remember this. And I was one of the few people who said we should do something about it. Even said, I wouldn't mind if we need to open a funding page, where everyone contributes minimally what they can so that we can advertise ourselves. This solely came down to most of the admins and a few others who thought it was best to remain as we are, and not try to expand. I still blame the admins mostly though.
And you right, we are seeing the effects of it now.

@unique, I for one think you have become one of the most active members of the forum, and there is value in that. You may stir up controversy a lot, and you may get on people's nerve, and even I may not agree with what you say every now and then, but I think you've been a colourful addition to the forum since you joined. Not really your fault that others who left because of you couldn't put a good logical separation between internet discussion and real-life emotions, and accepting there are other people out there in the world with different views.
On the other hand I also get that those type of people don't like to "waste" their mental energy on people who have antagonising views, because ultimately time spent on the internet is still real-life time.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19657
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

@Unique wrote:this place is easy to find. all i did was google football forums and this was the only one left on the list i wasnt banned from so i joined.


You must‘ve put something else on your search bar because „football forums“ doesn‘t yield GoalLegacy at all for me but a bunch of other football forums.

It is a bit sad that this forum is dying. I’m not one of the oldest members but I have been active for a long time still. There‘ll be one day when I‘ll be the only loser here and I‘ll have to fully migrate to something shitty like Reddit or god forbid Arsenal-Mania.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17135
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:19 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:this place is easy to find. all i did was google football forums and this was the only one left on the list i wasnt banned from so i joined.


You must‘ve put something else on your search bar because „football forums“ doesn‘t yield GoalLegacy at all for me but a bunch of other football forums.

It is a bit sad that this forum is dying. I’m not one of the oldest members but I have been active for a long time still. There‘ll be one day when I‘ll be the only loser here and I‘ll have to fully migrate to something shitty like Reddit or god forbid Arsenal-Mania.
I definitely found it on google. I remember looking to find a forum and ended up finding this place.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:15 am

The very concept of forums are nigh outdated by this point as it is.

Forums are as a whole inefficient and catered to a specific contingent that has the market for it but if GL is not moving with the times then it will inevitably die out. The decision not to expand and cater more to the closely knit group results in sheer understanding and a culture between us but phases out the rest given many are and undeniably have been alienated by the lack of context, if not GL Lore thats brought us to be why we are the way we are as from a third perspective it would be difficult to understand a lot of the context behind some of the discussions. Some would be allured but others, not.

The forum lacks personalisation in a world of social media and works like when the internet was young as an overhaul of that along with more traits that barely worked even in 2011, can make a substantial difference, provided the admins have the incentive for that, yet.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11455
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 23 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum