Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 24 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:15 am

The very concept of forums are nigh outdated by this point as it is.

Forums are as a whole inefficient and catered to a specific contingent that has the market for it but if GL is not moving with the times then it will inevitably die out. The decision not to expand and cater more to the closely knit group results in sheer understanding and a culture between us but phases out the rest given many are and undeniably have been alienated by the lack of context, if not GL Lore thats brought us to be why we are the way we are as from a third perspective it would be difficult to understand a lot of the context behind some of the discussions. Some would be allured but others, not.

The forum lacks personalisation in a world of social media and works like when the internet was young as an overhaul of that along with more traits that barely worked even in 2011, can make a substantial difference, provided the admins have the incentive for that, yet.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 24 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Arquitescu wrote:The very concept of forums are nigh outdated by this point as it is.

Forums are as a whole inefficient and catered to a specific contingent that has the market for it but if GL is not moving with the times then it will inevitably die out. The decision not to expand and cater more to the closely knit group results in sheer understanding and a culture between us but phases out the rest given many are and undeniably have been alienated by the lack of context, if not GL Lore thats brought us to be why we are the way we are as from a third perspective it would be difficult to understand a lot of the context behind some of the discussions. Some would be allured but others, not.

The forum lacks personalisation in a world of social media and works like when the internet was young as an overhaul of that along with more traits that barely worked even in 2011, can make a substantial difference, provided the admins have the incentive for that, yet.

i dont know what the hell you just said but im sure you could have used half as many words.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Unique wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:The very concept of forums are nigh outdated by this point as it is.

i dont know what the hell you just said but im sure you could have used half as many words.

LOL, a diehard englishman saying he doesn’t understand his own language!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:23 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Unique wrote:

be gone frenchman leave this place and take your gypsy curse with you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 pm

this is advanced level english, we don't do that here
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:

this is advanced level english, we don't do that here
exactly. Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Unique wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

be gone frenchman leave this place and take your gypsy curse with you.

Should I be offended you calling me a frenchman?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Yes you should.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 pm

I don't have a clue how people discuss football on "social media" like Twitter. Once you reply to a Tweet, your post is lost somewhere between 3000 other replies. Nevermind that you can only write a couple of sentences.

Reddit is the same.

A concept where the newest posts get lost immediately and you need to scroll down 2 minutes to get there is ridiculous.

Classic forums still exist, Redcafe, RAWK etc. have huge member counts. But we'll never attract those. If I'm a fan of club x, I google "club x forum" and land on Redcafe, RAWK, Bluemoon, ShedEnd, BayernZone, Barcaforum etc. General forums like this one won't attract too many people naturally, even though they should as discussing with only likeminded people gets boring but alas ... Plus the forum software looks outdated beyond belief.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm

It's just confusing to me why people would say the forum is dying now.

The same issues we're talking about right now have been present for the last two years or more.

We've barely lost members in that time, and barely gained.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:14 pm

I appreciate most number of posters and that's the Main reason because I still log in here.
Seriously.
I remember to have just talked  this summer on WhatsApp with ppl known in  past on Italian forum and - while they had continued to talk each other on FB - I responded " Then I found out an English forum. I liked it because there are nice posters.  English sarcasm Is underrated " etc
Not by chance i continue to post even though English Is not my mother language and I waste sometimes the double of the time to translate my thoughts correctly. I mean, It Is not immediate surely. You could image It could be sometimes annoying to do It .
But I improved language because of GL too, at least

Personally I don't get the narrative about the banter within discussions. I mean I didn't feel it as an annoying thing or exagerrated. It happens on every forum. It Is a forum. Not Sky Sport news. IMO it Is all within normal limits.
I appreciate Demon Carthage for his pure passion even though I sometimes found as weird his " pessimism" but just because he Is a Real Madrid fan. I mean , I though to lose 4-0 Yesterday.. fans have different rationality than neutrals.

Fans exactly. Tbh I envy who complains about own fanbase because it means you have fanbase here.

For me GL problem Is not number of posters, but its imbalance.
I mean we have many Arsenal fans , many Real fans , then basically 1 Inter fan ( me. Vibe writes rarely. I don't count Juvealbanian even though he talks more about us than Juve) , 1 Bayern fan etc

For example Inter won his most importante  match yesterday ( the Derby ) but no one cares (while if we had Lost ... But that s normal, Just a Inter fan Is here ) and if you flow on GL posts you find JULIAN BRANDT IS LEGIT above Inter or Serie A thread

So, why an Inter fan should log in on GL in place of other forums ? I stay here just because of affection consolidated in these years, but I suppose an Inter fan 'd not be so stimulated to do It
Plain and simple
Me 'd like ti write more too, but why should I talk alone ?

Sign "other" fans
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:16 pm

Robespierre wrote:I appreciate most number of posters and that's the Main reason because I still log in here.
Seriously.
I remember to have just talked  this summer on WhatsApp with ppl known in  past on Italian forum and - while they had continued to talk each other on FB - I responded " Then I found out an English forum. I liked it because there are nice posters.  English sarcasm Is underrated " etc
Not by chance i continue to post even though English Is not my mother language and I waste sometimes the double of the time to translate my thoughts correctly. I mean, It Is not immediate surely. You could image It could be sometimes annoying to do It .
But I improved language because of GL too, at least

Personally I don't get the narrative about the banter within discussions. I mean I didn't feel it as an annoying thing or exagerrated. It happens on every forum. It Is a forum. Not Sky Sport news. IMO it Is all within normal limits.
I appreciate Demon Carthage for his pure passion even though I sometimes found as weird his " pessimism" but just because he Is a Real Madrid fan. I mean , I though to lose 4-0 Yesterday.. fans have different rationality than neutrals.

Fans exactly. Tbh I envy who complains about own fanbase because it means you have fanbase here.

For me GL problem Is not number of posters, but its imbalance.
I mean we have many Arsenal fans , many Real fans , then basically 1 Inter fan ( me. Vibe writes rarely. I don't count Juvealbanian even though he talks more about us than Juve) , 1 Bayern fan etc

For example Inter won his most importante  match yesterday ( the Derby ) but no one cares (while if we had Lost ... But that s normal, Just a Inter fan Is here ) and if you flow on GL posts you find JULIAN BRANDT IS LEGIT above Inter or Serie A thread

So, why an Inter fan should log in on GL in place of other forums ? I stay here just because of affection consolidated in these years, but I suppose an Inter fan 'd not be so stimulated to do It
Plain and simple
Me 'd like ti write more too, but why should I talk alone ?

Sign "other" fans
sky sports news. man that takes me back a bit. first forum i ever got banned from. well we all got banned at the same time. one night we all had a argument and used all sorts of cuss words and the next day they closed to forum down rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Do you remember feverpitch from sky sports forum by any chance?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Do you remember feverpitch from sky sports forum by any chance?
i dont remember him tbh. i remember guys like the kid10 who could be frenzy they are the same person. a man u fan called whatty. JJ and badvock who made the new forum we all went to. me and love slug and my old mate goonerstoruleagain. i just called him biggus. me and biggus has pissed off more people than the worlds population of mosqitos Thumbs up and i remember a arsenal fan called clarky who reminds me of you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Do you remember feverpitch from sky sports forum by any chance?
what guys do you know from ssn forum.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 pm

I don't even really watch football these days anymore but GL has that intimate family vibe you don't get on other forums and that's what keeps me coming back over and over again. It's quite a special website this one, can't lie. Reddit is fine i guess but the comments are all over the place and its really hard to keep track of the entire discussions from start to finish. May GL never die.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 pm

one forum i was on once had about 50-60 active users online most of the time and it was horrid. you post a comment go make a cup of tea and find the topic has 3 more pages and by the time you go back and read them to see a reply another 2-3 pages were added. i left after a week or 2.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Lol @Unique. They were paid per reply? Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Lol @Unique. They were paid per reply? Laughing
they must have been. it was like 5 people all talking to you at once. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 pm

GL during NT break is like

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 24 Bangla10

Couldn't find an appropriate thread
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Yeah imo people might not agree, its like you meet someone new but 2 months later if they say "i like coffee with sugar", your reply is "fuck you, you La Masia scrub" rather than "Yes, I can see maybe how sugar makes coffee better but we drink coffee for caffeine and not the sugar".

We've become more than a forum, that is absolutely true and for me its great since we've all stuck together from days of youth for the most of us. But i don't understand how we have new users regularly and they quit without trying.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:29 pm

Nishankly wrote:But i don't understand how we have new users regularly and they quit without trying.

We absolutely don't get new users regularly

As most recent GL poster since near 3 years i think my feedback will interest you

- Only persons who consider subscribe in forums nowadays are those who have been active in forums before
- Most people who are still active on forums already have a forum and don't seek a new one
- GoalLegacy.net is relatively hard to find, it's not on the first few pages on google
- If you search for a football forum you need to sort a lot of dross before ending up here. Therefore one needs to be in a particularly intense state of boredom.
- It's hard to integrate here, in fact you cannot do it on purpose, you have to stay by default and as time goes by you realize you are on GL every day
- A thread "Tony Adams: Arsenal is a bigger club than Juve" in first page certainly doesn't help the credibility of this place
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm

^^More on the above though a forum has to, by reason of its nature, be selective.

Even wide ranging forums such as Reddit is able to break itself down to subreddits which are enclaves. The old show cheers has a line in the theme song "Where Everybody knows your name". Exclusivity is one of the stronger characteristics a healthy discussion forum can have.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:46 pm

If someone like unique can break our apparent hardcore lines, the rest of the new members who actually want to contribute or be part of this forum should give it a shot.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:48 pm

Young Kaz wrote:^^More on the above though a forum has to, by reason of its nature, be selective.

Even wide ranging forums such as Reddit is able to break itself down to subreddits which are enclaves. The old show cheers has a line in the theme song "Where Everybody knows your name". Exclusivity is one of the stronger characteristics a healthy discussion forum can have.

Yes i agree with that

If i can detail what i meant as "staying by default", in the first few weeks/months you must have a reason to log in every day while nobody knows you or is even interested at knowing you

For me it was our discussions in the Juve section Molenation they were interesting enough and not going too fast, so the next day i had 5-10 messages to read then i post 1 or 2, and so on
I don't think i ever properly introduced myself in the said thread lol
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:59 pm

Nishankly wrote:If someone like unique can break our apparent hardcore lines, the rest of the new members who actually want to contribute or be part of this forum should give it a shot.
and what sort of someone am i hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next