Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 25 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Unique Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Nishankly wrote:If someone like unique can break our apparent hardcore lines, the rest of the new members who actually want to contribute or be part of this forum should give it a shot.
and what sort of someone am i hmm

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 25 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:03 pm

A guy with 25% warning level
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Warrior wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:^^More on the above though a forum has to, by reason of its nature, be selective.

Even wide ranging forums such as Reddit is able to break itself down to subreddits which are enclaves. The old show cheers has a line in the theme song "Where Everybody knows your name". Exclusivity is one of the stronger characteristics a healthy discussion forum can have.

Yes i agree with that

If i can detail what i meant as "staying by default", in the first few weeks/months you must have a reason to log in every day while nobody knows you or is even interested at knowing you

For me it was our discussions in the Juve section Molenation they were interesting enough and not going too fast, so the next day i had 5-10 messages to read then i post 1 or 2, and so on
I don't think i ever properly introduced myself in the said thread lol

The club section was always the easiest way to join the community because it was less busy, and more open to new people because of that fact.

The less busy turned to dead and that avenue was gone. This leaves you to go to the main section, and swim against a stream long enough to have people notice you, or you simply disappear. Its a catch 22 when a community becomes established and centralized.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:15 pm

That said, what concerns the most i think is not the absence of new users, it's more the disappearance of established users.

I think most of it is due to a loss of interest in football combined with having other things to do such as scholarship, job, fatherhood, traveling, etc
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Warrior wrote:That said, what concerns members i think is not the absence of new users, it's more the disappearance of established users.

I think most of it is due to a loss of interest in football combined with having other things to do such as scholarship, job, fatherhood, traveling, etc

Shocked

I've been gone for a while. Who has become a father on here?

My bets are on RG Laughing Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Oh i just said it as example

Unique has kids but i'm not aware of any other poster being a father... probably because they all left Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Warrior wrote:Oh i just said it as example

Unique has kids but i'm not aware of any other poster being a father... probably because they all left Laughing

Laughing

fair enough lol.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Warrior wrote:Oh i just said it as example

Bill is a great grandfather
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Warrior wrote:That said, what concerns members i think is not the absence of new users, it's more the disappearance of established users.

Shocked

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 25 Giphy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 pm

MT is a father

Speaking of which, how is Dani doing?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Young Kaz wrote:^^More on the above though a forum has to, by reason of its nature, be selective.

Even wide ranging forums such as Reddit is able to break itself down to subreddits which are enclaves. The old show cheers has a line in the theme song "Where Everybody knows your name". Exclusivity is one of the stronger characteristics a healthy discussion forum can have.

Makes sense I guess, good input.

I mean we cannot deny that since the move here, we've had quite a bit of people introducing themselves but then only post for a week or so, and then disappear.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Shocked

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 25 Giphy

It's Betty lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 pm

I thought so but wasn't sure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Did RG have a child? Did it come out in a steelcase? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Warrior wrote:A guy with 25% warning level
its called living on the edge my friend. i come to the forum everyday not knowing if it will be my last. its better to burn out on 25% than fade away into obscurity with 100%. my life here will be short and famous. your life here will be long and uneventful. when the forum wars have ended and the internet has died people will remember my name. Cool Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:40 am

I am anti kids

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:41 am

Freeza wrote:MT is a father

Speaking of which, how is Dani doing?

He is good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:14 am

How old is this forum? I have been here, Goal and GL combined, for around a decade so it got to be 10-12 years. Like a product’s life-cycle, we are in the maturity/decline stage. How its future will pan out depends on what strategy we adopt. Left to its present state it will, for sure, witness the day in RG’s own words “will be the person to turn-off the lights”.

We have all grown older and busier. Students have become executives; singles have become family-men, and with that our involvements in and contributions to the forum have lessened. I remember Art used to write fantastic previews of PL Game Weeks and Nish used to write fanatical previews of LFC games. In those days I didn’t venture much into other threads but I’m sure there were more of such posts in other threads as well.

These days aside from ML & Arq doing some analysis in Roma thread and Elf doing some previews in Bundesliga thread there isn’t much contributions. Interestingly it’s in the non-football sections where I find the in-depth writings these days. The contributions aren’t going to increase, so either we try to attract new, eager, competent posters or we prepare to die out.

May I suggest a Facebook or Twitter page to divert traffic to our forum? We can do with a bit of exposer. Those pages will merely showcase some of our posts to draw traffic and will not encourage any conversation there. However, posts from new posters should be subjected to admin/mod approvals, as in FB group/page, so that only worthy posts/posters are accommodated.

I believe just we yearn for new members who will write insightful, invigorating posts, there are people who yearn for a place to do so. The connection is simply not there.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 am

I don't know how old it is. If I'm not mistaken, I registered in the august-october period of 2008 after being a lurker for a few months. I think I recall someone claiming that the Goal.com forum started in 2007, but it was so long ago now that I'm not completely certain.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:46 am

Remember Morpheus?

I think Goal Legacy is the Matrix... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:47 am

I joined somewhat early on in Goal.com. Definitely not the oldest member here, but I joined when I was 13, I'm now almost 23...so it has to be around a decade. Maybe a bit older
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:53 am

Original goal.com forum started in 2008

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:58 am

Joined in 08 as well but stuck to the LFC section since I was mostly a troll.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:01 pm

The Black_ish Sheep wrote:Remember Morpheus?

I think Goal Legacy is the Matrix... Shocked

I miss Morpheus, man. I really wonder what he's doing, these days. He was like, the Sam Harris of this place.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Look what I found

https://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/07/21/1395943/goalcom-community-forums-profile-cyberman

2008 confirmed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Cyberman got registered around the same time as me. I remember that Storm1 registered a month before me, and I lurked for a couple of months before I bothered getting registered. I wouldn't be surprised if the forum had been around since 2007.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next