Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 26 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Cyberman got registered around the same time as me. I remember that Storm1 registered a month before me, and I lurked for a couple of months before I bothered getting registered. I wouldn't be surprised if the forum had been around since 2007.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 26 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Mole had a link of internet archives maybe he can post that again.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:32 pm

I think I joined in 2011 or 2012. I remember lurking on here pretty exclusively when EAsports FIFA forum finally became insufferable. I think before I stopped posting there this guy was sending me a PM every time I logged on about how David Villa was a Muslim for some reason and that the picture posted of him wearing a gold cross(I think mole posted that picture actually) was photoshop and how I shouldnt believe it.....That was actually quite entertaining in retrospect. Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Betty lad if thats you m8
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Thought a little resurgence was developing, but it seems that was merely false hope.

That being said, I remain grateful for all this forum had to offer during my dark ages 🙏🏼

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 30, 2019 3:51 pm

No need to dramatize tbh

Simply Arsenal got trashed in the most important match of the season for them just yesteday , so Arsenal fan are so depressed to write now .
In fact 0 posts by them after match (they are many here , I can't say same for Chelsea  ).
Conversely if Arsenal won, It was wankfest now.
We should have supported Arsenal yesteday for a higher activity on forum tbh
Milan fans are also not tempted to write after last matchday too

It Is quite normal , posts depend on our mood.
I'd have done same
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 30, 2019 4:16 pm

I proved a long time ago that im more than just a joke, that im more than just a utility poster. How many guys came here and got washed out, or got themselves suspended, or went to chase their fantasies in other forums? When the smoke clears at the ene of the day, im the guy thats still standing here, im the backbone of this forum, im the king of the posters. Now Robes, you've known me for a long time, you know how many humiliations i've endured, how many hours i've lost watching Brocchi's Milan playing some of the worst football i've ever seen. I've endured more than anyone in the god damn industry, day in, day out, 7 days a week, every day of every year of every single hour ia busting my ass after every single loss, every keystroke, every feud, i am here the next day. Rest assured, that if you want me to stop, you or Firenze, or even RedOranje wikl have tp pry this account from my dead email. And i will not stop until i have the last laugh, until i see us crowned European champions once more. And what a glorious laugh it will be, a truly wonderful last laugh.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Ahah in fact I wasn't thinking to you - Moreover you wrote just yesteday ( that Bennacer thread, I wanted to respond because really he Is the only Empoli player rated by me .. but I forgot also because I haven't much time too ) , but others that wrote " I  'm done with this sport ". It Is a normal a break of some days

Anyway I wasn't thinking really to Milan fans - After all the daily posters are few and I' ve read them also after Sunday, but to Arsenal fans

Which leaps to the eye after final Is their absence now, in fact EL final thread was poor , but I repeat, it's normal to wait some days to dispose disappointment

I expect to read RG Jay Sina etc etc soon
Also because Football Is coming home again for the UEFA Nations League Top Four . Anyone cares of It ? Who knows.

Well a problem for " activity" Is no WC / Euro this Summer . Last sunmer was so frenetic here.
How much I dislike odd-numbered years.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 pm

My personal experience is that I rarely indulge in television programming or sports anymore - the occasional ufc video, but even that has been essentially eliminated from my diet.

Many people speak in my experience speak about not having the time to meal prep, pursue their passion, and so on, yet there are so many invested time + energy into a team. When I first started to back away from football it was because supporting a Milan was frustrating...in the sense they seemed to care more about money than the game. Why give away 90+ minutes, plus posting about it only to come away empty handed?

It would be cool to stick around and converse, but the activity is hit and (mostly) miss. In a way it feels like those who have stuck around here, have yet to leave the nest. Just an observation in life and a pattern development my being has become aware of. It’s almost the same cycle of conversation and cliche jokes.

Only sharing because it comes from the heart ♥

Sending love and light to all 🕉

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:30 am

Whatever happened to the discord idea? Anyone want to make a server?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:27 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Whatever happened to the discord idea? Anyone want to make a server?

What is discord? how does it work?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Why TF would we go to discord and move activity away from here FFS
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:55 pm

We had chat here, practically murdered the forum.

To outsiders it just looked like we were silent during every game, and matchday commentary threads were so good.

I would read a match thread over and over again and relive the game again. Chat was decent for a time but at what cost...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:05 pm

I joined a discord server once when the reddit streaming page was closed and they invited people to join discord

Looked messy, annoying and I couldn't figure out what the fuck it was about or what was supposed to be going on there, and also it never remembered the servers I beloonged to. Visited it like twice and then never again.
A message board is a perfectly fine medium of communication and interaction IMO.

I'm old though, so maybe/probably...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Wait, is discord like a chat thing? Hell nah lol.
I thought it was a base for advertising that TMO was suggesting. That's all we need to do, it's all we really can do, try to be consistent with advertising ourselves, and every now and then we might grab someone's attention.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Discord is great and shits on any forum experience. You can also completely customize the experience with(unofficial) extensions and such.

It would absolutely obliterate the forum though and a good portion of people prefer the forum approach. It would be nice if there was a discord though purely because, say the forum dies one day randomly and never returns? lot of members we would lose touch with forever ffs. Although have a bunch of people on my PS4 friends list.

Agree with Vibe on chat too, I still would like it for CL nights this season. But whenever chat is around it's nothing compared to 2-4 years ago in terms of population.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Yh I'm on discord for multiple reasons, if anyone just wants to chat outside of just posting we could do that very easily.

Although like Firenze mentioned nobody would probably post lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Discord is like Skype's successor in a way. You can create "servers" which are like chat rooms and then make sub categories in a server which basically make the server look like a forum with options to chat with text or voice. I mention it as an adjacent voice chat option for the forum. Lots of reddits have their own discords now.

I think the GL site traffic war has been lost for quite some time vibe.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Firenze wrote:Discord is great and shits on any forum experience. You can also completely customize the experience with(unofficial) extensions and such.

It would absolutely obliterate the forum though and a good portion of people prefer the forum approach. It would be nice if there was a discord though purely because, say the forum dies one day randomly and never returns? lot of members we would lose touch with forever ffs. Although have a bunch of people on my PS4 friends list.

Agree with Vibe on chat too, I still would like it for CL nights this season. But whenever chat is around it's nothing compared to 2-4 years ago in terms of population.

I think we all learned after the Goal.com situation that this particular tribe shared or shares a strong connection. Seeing how we managed to get in touch with most if not all posters and migrated them back here...that was powerful, even thinking back on it now as I type this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:04 pm

time to unban some old posters imo. my mate got life for murder and only ended up doing 18 years yet life means life on the forum. crazy. Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Unique wrote:time to unban some old posters imo. my mate got life for murder and only ended up doing 18 years yet life means life on the forum. crazy. Shocked

Lol dude your analogies are always so random and hilarious rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:time to unban some old posters imo. my mate got life for murder and only ended up doing 18 years yet life means life on the forum. crazy. Shocked

Lol dude your analogies are always so random and hilarious rofl
this one is true. my mate did get life and only did 18 years. crazy laws in england.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 pm

I agree with Nishank's post in the Flagstaff thread (that got removed), that with the dwindling activity level on this forum, just a tad bit more leniency in the moderating would benefit the little community that still remains. I know that what's considered offensive, or even derailing to the topic of a thread is subjectively defined, but I can only speak for myself and say that even trolling and derailing wouldn't be too bad at this point.

There's really not a lot of hysteria to be made with the few members and little activity we have left. Personally, I don't think there was anything unreasonably offensive in the post that Doc made about Mole being a Flaggstaff brother. It was clearly intended as a harmless joke. I'm sure Mole can handle it, and even if he doesn't, he's a grown man who would've likely let the moderators know if there had been any disapproval on his part. Just my two cents.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 pm

The thread was not going to recover, that is why I removed the posts. We believe the thread could be quite entertaining throughout the season and that would be a lot harder to do if the posts remained there.

I wouldn't worry too much, continue with the banter as before Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Unique wrote:time to unban some old posters imo
The Messiah's decade long ban has almost expired. Just another 3 years to go Laughing

Last edited by Lex on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:51 pm

HANG IN THERE, MY BRUDDAH!
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26