RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 22:32

We won't know anything until after our official kit release.

This is the slowest transfer window ever. We are not even being linked to half of what would be considered normal.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 22:54

RealGunner wrote:https://vine.co/v/MFzA13U1aFm

rofl rofl

rofl

was just about to post that. love the look on his face even if it means nothing. happy to see him happy.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:05

Mr Nick09 wrote:If Barcelona get big enough an offer i think they would sell. Di Marzio mentioned how interested by Cuadrado they are, i assume they would just go that direction to replace him + the CF they seem to covet some much.

Is Sami Khedira available you think? how much would cost?

We need a player like Khedira or Gustavo.

Sanchez, Remy and Khedira or Gustavo would make us a EPL contender imo.

Buy list.
1.Sanchez
2.Remy
3.Khedira
4.Debuchy EPL experience.
5. GK?

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:16

6unner wrote:We won't know anything until after our official kit release.

This is the slowest transfer window ever. We are not even being linked to half of what would be considered normal.

I see that as a good thing. Personally I am enjoying the WC and I really am not too bothered about the transfers.

After the WC finishes, we will be here every day moaning about the transfers or the lack of anyways Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:20

Raptorgunner wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:If Barcelona get big enough an offer i think they would sell. Di Marzio mentioned how interested by Cuadrado they are, i assume they would just go that direction to replace him + the CF they seem to covet some much.

Is Sami Khedira available you think? how much would cost?

We need a player like Khedira or Gustavo.

Sanchez, Remy and Khedira or Gustavo would make us a EPL contender imo.

Buy list.
1.Sanchez
2.Remy
3.Khedira
4.Debuchy EPL experience.
5. GK?

Khedira is average, he is too cumbersome and rubbish on the ball. He hasn't even got a defined role, he is not a defensive mid or a box to box mid. He doesn't excel at anything, he is like the German version of Song but more fast  Laughing 

Gustavo would be a good signing but i think his wage demands are whats putting Arsene off. He is on decent money at Wolfsburg
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:23

We need a modern player in the mold of Petit to complement Ramsey and Ozil imo. Are there any players like that out there?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:24

When will the puma kit get unveiled? after World cup?

I dont even care about transfers much now just want to see our new kits.  Mad 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:35

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:We need a modern player in the mold of Petit to complement Ramsey and Ozil imo. Are there any players like that out there?

I agree but they are all too expensive, Witsel for example would be good a fit but he'd cost a fortune. There are raw talents like the Bender twins who can be nurtured into that role. I don't think Arsene is the type of guy to splash big on a defensive mid.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:42

Wenger will not spend on a DM at all, I'm very sure of that, not this summer atleast unless there's something in these Arteta rumours which I find unlikely.

Flamini wasn't signed for 3 years for nothing. He's the DM we all wanted, atleast in Wenger's eyes.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:46

Why did he sign Flamini for 3 years  Laughing 

Arsene  rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:55

Basically every half-decent DM we could get is going to cost a lot. Gustavo apparently has a €35mil release clause. Lars Bender is commanding fees of £20mil upward. Schneiderlin won't be sold cheaply by Southampton.

And it's not like these guys have just become available this summer, either. Wenger's passed them up before and went with the cheap option in Flamini. It, unfortunately, doesn't seem like a position he wants to spend much on.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:00

I think Flamini did a decent job. I dono what you guys are talking about. The impact of a high energy Flamini against teams that use to bully us in the middle, often goes un noticed. If anything, Arteta was the one who failed to continue his form from the previous season.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:09

I agree that he did a decent job but giving him such a large contract basically ended our chances of getting a better Defensive midfielder.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:20

EL Patron wrote:I agree that he did a decent job but giving him such a large contract basically ended our chances of getting a better Defensive midfielder.

I think Wenger will buy a DM who can play the role currently help by Arteta. Flamini is clearly not that player Laughing Now the question of whether he spends big is something which is a topic on its own.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:40

Jay, do you have a source on the Gustavo 35m € clause?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:52

It's something I saw on Twitter, so it's likely wrong.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 1:32

khedira is a great player if you put him in a team that hides his weakness, and where he can do what he does best in peace. It's always been the difference between madrid and germany.

In madrid, he has mostly been in a situation where he had lots of responsibility on the ball because of the people around him. In germany, he has 4-5 playmakers around him so all he has to go is to run and cover space.

I think he will work fine for you because you are closer in design to what germany do.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 10:23

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's something I saw on Twitter, so it's likely wrong.

Obviously I do not really know either, but I remember reading something about 25m€ last year.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 10:24

Raptorgunner wrote:When will the puma kit get unveiled? after World cup?

I dont even care about transfers much now just want to see our new kits.  Mad 

July 10th or so.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 10:29

Mr Nick09 wrote:khedira is a great player if you put him in a team that hides his weakness, and where he can do what he does best in peace. It's always been the difference between madrid and germany.

In madrid, he has mostly been in a situation where he had lots of responsibility on the ball because of the people around him. In germany, he has 4-5 playmakers around him so all he has to go is to run and cover space.

I think he will work fine for you because you are closer in design to what germany do.

Absolutely true.
But I thought Ancelotti rates him too, and I read something like they won't sell him?
Khedira is a good player to have in a team, don't really know why people expect players to be able to do everything, else they're 'scrubs'.
It seems to me that every Real player that isn't a megastar by name is being labeled as for sale by the media every year, Khedira for years, even Di Maria and Benzema in earlier seasons.
Ancelotti knows better than that of course.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 11:57

Di Maria and Benzema went through periods where they were underachieving... that was the criticism for those guys. Khedira doesn't underachieve... he overachieves. The issue that Madrid fans have with him is that he's below average technically. You can get away with it in less technical leagues, but not La Liga.

And as far as Germany... you guys haven't faced a NT with a top quality midfield yet this WC. That's where Khedira really struggles. He gets overmatched.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 13:09

Hapless_Hans wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:It's something I saw on Twitter, so it's likely wrong.

Obviously I do not really know either, but I remember reading something about 25m€ last year.

Ok, so Jay you're information was indeed more up to date.

Here's the relevant sources:

Last November kicker first reported that Gustavo has a release clause http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/595747/artikel_luiz-gustavo_vertrag-mit-hintertuerchen.html#omsearchresult

BILD then refered to that report and claimed to know that the amount is 25m € http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/luiz-gustavo/fuer-25-mio-kann-er-wechseln-33588020.bild.html

Yesterday now kicker had an short item in their transfer blog that they learned it is 35m € instead of the formerly reported 25m http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/wechselboerse/2014-15/transfermarkt.html#

I'd basically always trust kicker more than BILD (or any other publication), even though release clause amounts still are volatile information.

btw, last week 'Wolfsburger Allgemeine Zeitung' reported that his clause (without giving an amount) is only active until end of July.
http://www.waz-online.de/Wolfsburg/WAZ-Sport/VfL-Wolfsburg/Gustavo-Klausel-nur-bis-Ende-Juli
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 16:04

I know it's extremely, exceedingly, horribly unlikely, but I think that William Carvalho would be a great addition/investment to the squad, and the DM role. Big, strong, good passer, good destroyer, can play center-back.

If someone like Khedira or Witsel or even Vidal (!) were to come (just hypothetically speaking), we'd have another good/great central midfielder on the books, yes, but by September a bunch of us would still be wondering where that top, "natural" DM is ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 18:18

Arsenal reportedly open talks with Porto over Jackson Martinez.

Club "confident" of negotiating below £35m release clause, hoping for £20m.

60 goals in 91 apps.

http://vivafootballcalcio.com/arsenal-open-talks-jackson-martinez/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 18:29

It's Porto: it'll be £35mil or nothing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 18:32

Ugh Martinez

guess beggars can't be choosers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next