EL Patron
Chumlum
Sina
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
52 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:05 pm

RedOranje wrote:
srigooner wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Nor is Rickie Lambert.  I rather doubt we're seriously interested in Cesc at the moment but with Southampton continuing to demand £30m for Lallana (same price as Cesc is reportedly available for) and Liverpool's refusal to match said price for said player, it's not out of the question for LFC to turn their attention to other targets in the same role and price range.  Guess who fits those criteria?

As was showcased in the Suarez transfer drama last summer, it takes two to tango. In this case, there is a third party at the table, quietly holding a trump card.

Anyway. All speculation. Sometimes, I wonder why I even read this thread.  Laughing 
Right, but this entire discussion is based on the presupposition that Arsenal will opt NOT to activate their clause so said "trump card" is ruled out by said assumption.

As things stand, no one has bid to test Arsenal's willingness to use it. If it's a known fact that we won't then they'll be much more aggressive in pursuing Cesc, if not, they'll be wary that no matter how much they commit themselves to it, Arsenal could still swoop in at any time and interject.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:13 pm

RMC/GFN France claim the other English side interested in Serge Aurier is Liverpool.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Who is our second choice for RB anyway incase Aurier doesn't happen? Calum Chambers? I really wish we would go for a more experienced RB.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Uchida's name has been floated around again as a potential target, but the number of right backs we've been linked has been surprisingly small considering Sagna is definitely leaving.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:50 pm

MJGunner wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
srigooner wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Nor is Rickie Lambert.  I rather doubt we're seriously interested in Cesc at the moment but with Southampton continuing to demand £30m for Lallana (same price as Cesc is reportedly available for) and Liverpool's refusal to match said price for said player, it's not out of the question for LFC to turn their attention to other targets in the same role and price range.  Guess who fits those criteria?

As was showcased in the Suarez transfer drama last summer, it takes two to tango. In this case, there is a third party at the table, quietly holding a trump card.

Anyway. All speculation. Sometimes, I wonder why I even read this thread.  Laughing 
Right, but this entire discussion is based on the presupposition that Arsenal will opt NOT to activate their clause so said "trump card" is ruled out by said assumption.

As things stand, no one has bid to test Arsenal's willingness to use it. If it's a known fact that we won't then they'll be much more aggressive in pursuing Cesc, if not, they'll be wary that no matter how much they commit themselves to it, Arsenal could still swoop in at any time and interject.
Again, the discussion was based on the ASSUMPTION that Arsenal would not make a move for him. Whether that is or will or ever would be the case isn't really in play as such.

MJGunner wrote:RMC/GFN France claim the other English side interested in Serge Aurier is Liverpool.
Not sure why we'd be after another young RB when we have Flanagan, Kelly, and Wisdom as young options. If we pursued a RB it would be a more developed and experienced player to directly replace Johnson while the younger players develop.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:46 am

dat deception when Aurier signs for Speeerz  Smile 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 am

EL Patron wrote:dat deception when Aurier signs for Speeerz  Smile 

Laughing 
Spuds can have Eboue, the way he has been selling himself shows we dont have no interest imo.

We need a strong RB, someone from Germany or Italy would be better than French league.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

With Moreno going to Liverpool.... i don't see Aurier going there unless Glen Johnson is being shown the door. He's not going to go somewhere to sit on the bench. He's too good for that. Flanagan, Wisdom and Kelly are nowhere near his class btw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:00 am

Sorry sports but you are over pimping Aurier. Let's see him play 15 games in EPL before you start saying stuff like that. Flanagan for one is very good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 am

The Sociedad boss said, “This is how it is with Vela, I understand he is happy here and if that is the case, there are always options. I am optimistic.

“Now Griezmann is fully focused on the World Cup, but I understand that he will continue. He is got a contract with us, so he will have to respect our wishes.

“It is not easy to pay 30 million euros for a player so that makes us quite calm.”
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:16 am

Wayne Veysey saying we're close to agreeing a deal for Aurier, despite what his agent said yesterday:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/03/4858134/arsenal-on-brink-of-clinching-7m-aurier-deal

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Sorry sports but you are over pimping Aurier. Let's see him play 15 games in EPL before you start saying stuff like that. Flanagan for one is very good.
I actually watched Liverpool.  Flanagan has a hard time starting over Cissokho Laughing They even tried Sakho at LB at one point.  Cissokho being so shat and Sakho being limited as a LB forced Rogers to put him there.  He's not even a RB (or at least i rarely saw him there if at all this season), which Aurier is.

Aurier is a supreme talent.  He has 93 Ligue 1 games and he's 21...  one of those players that is athletically superior and can hold his spot just on that aspect alone while his football skills catch up.  Last 12 months, his footy skills have gone up drastically, which is why most people feel he's the best young RB prospect playing in Europe right now.  I don't know if he's the best prospect tbh... but he's definitely up there.  Has all the tools and is tough as nails.

Basically, the RB version of Digne imo.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:21 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wayne Veysey saying we're close to agreeing a deal for Aurier, despite what his agent said yesterday:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/03/4858134/arsenal-on-brink-of-clinching-7m-aurier-deal

This is the same guy who said we were getting Adrian  Proud 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am

Vela can stay at Sociedad, he doesn't like England. Its too cold, too physical for him. Defenders will not let him skin everybody and chip the keeper. We should go after Griezman, get Koscielny and Giroud to start tapping up Barca style  :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Interesting stat from WhoScored:

Mario Balotelli: Of the 117 players to score 10+ goals in Europe’s top 5 leagues last season, Balotelli had the worst conversion rate (9.2%)

And we think Giroud's bad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:14 pm

and i should add 95 of his 152 shots were from outside the box,crazy!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Irish Independent print Santi Cazorla quotes pleading with Cesc to make an Arsenal return

"I have read that Cesc could go to Chelsea but I prefer that he comes to Arsenal. He has given a lot to the club and he knows it well," Cazorla told a news conference today in Washington, where the Spain team are finalising their World Cup preparations.

"I hope that he is happy, he chooses his club well and is comfortable there."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/cazorla-pleads-with-unsettled-fabregas-to-return-to-arsenal-30326484.html

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=35863
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40