EL Patron
Chumlum
Sina
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
52 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 16, 2014 1:57 pm

It's because Benzema is in the eye of the storm in madrid, you cant be average, you are either excellent or u suck. there is no shade of grey in how people look at him, and it doesnt help that he is just 85 in fifa.

point being that Cavani has had a very poor season compared to benzema if anyone has cared to follow both. The same people that mocked him for choking vs chelsea are the same that refuse to praise benzema when he slays barca or score in CL semis. Yet they still rate Cavani as if he is some kind of one of a kind player...

anyway, no CF can play with CR and look amazing.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 16, 2014 3:01 pm

We can talk and talk, keep on dreaming, fantasized like a football manager, end of day is still Wenger who decides and there is no pressure on him as long as he maintain the status quo.

I don’t care about how much he spends but he does need to strengthen. Spend right, rather than spend big, and please before the WC starts if possible.

The issue with Wenger is when there are clear issues right in front of our faces regarding our team and nothing is done until its too late. I think if we had added 1 or 2 good players in the January the EPL tittle would have been at Emirates now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Le 10 Sport again linking us with Adrien Rabiot
http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-psg-rabiot-toujours-dans-lattente147490

Not so reliable source +not what we need
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:It's because Benzema is in the eye of the storm in madrid, you cant be average, you are either excellent or u suck. there is no shade of grey in how people look at him, and it doesnt help that he is just 85 in fifa.

point being that Cavani has had a very poor season compared to benzema if anyone has cared to follow both. The same people that mocked him for choking vs chelsea are the same that refuse to praise benzema when he slays barca or score in CL semis. Yet they still rate Cavani as if he is some kind of one of a kind player...

I too just don't get why people rate Benzema so little. It's not hard to see why playing at Real next to Ronaldo he might not get a shot at goalscoring stats as other strikers. But everytime I see him it's clear that there is so much more to his game.
Also it seems that Carletto really likes him and knows how to use him, so why would he be available for a transfer NOW?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri May 16, 2014 4:57 pm

I think Benzema transfer talk hinges entirely on the prospect of Madrid going in big for Suarez. May come to nothing, it's just a possibility. That's all.

Cavani hasn't set the world alight at PSG yet but he has also had to play second fiddle to Ibra, often out on the right wing. New teammates, new league, huge expectations. I don't recall what his stats were but I think that when he has actually gotten chances to play up top he's managed solid numbers. For me Cavani, like Benzema, is a great forward to lead a team's attack.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Realistically, we might have to gamble on someone unproven.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 16, 2014 5:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Realistically, we might have to gamble on someone unproven.

Gamble has been Wengers last name for 18 years, all our modern day legends were not superstars before arriving. We can gamble as long as if we can add 3 good players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:It's because Benzema is in the eye of the storm in madrid, you cant be average, you are either excellent or u suck. there is no shade of grey in how people look at him, and it doesnt help that he is just 85 in fifa.

I too just don't get why people rate Benzema so little. It's not hard to see why playing at Real next to Ronaldo he might not get a shot at goalscoring stats as other strikers. But everytime I see him it's clear that there is so much more to his game.
Also it seems that Carletto really likes him and knows how to use him, so why would he be available for a transfer NOW?
His contract is up in 2015.  Benz is asking for bank (200k euros per week compred to 100k now) if he's going to sacrifice himself for the good of the team going forward...  rumor is he's had enough of the constant criticism from Madrid fans and doesn't really like his role.  Madrid would have to pay him big to stay.  Madrid made him an offer to extend at his current 100k per week last summer and he rejected it.

For the past 2-3 months, whenever Benz is interviewed...  he says all the right things about Madrid BUT ends every single sentence with "for now".  He's not selling himself to the club at all.  If you pay attention, you get a hint that nothing is set in stone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri May 16, 2014 8:50 pm

A month ago, anybody who suggested signing Benzema was deemed unrealistic because there was no chance he was leaving Real Madrid. Now we're acting like it's a serious possibility. Honestly idk what our chances are but if he is available, he should be the primary target.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 16, 2014 8:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Realistically, we might have to gamble on someone unproven.
Chief scout RG  Razz 
Name your options  :fishing: 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:And it's common knowledge that Arsenal wasn't allowed to spend until last summer because there was a fixed debt amount that the club needed to get to before its transfer budget was increased... ask all your mates here including RG.  Can't believe you don't know that one.  How long have you been an Arsenal fan? Laughing

First 2 paragraphs I knew of that. Considering Wenger won nothing up to the point Leonardo was sacked I find it incredibly bizarre they'd give him that kind of power.

As for what You quoted, I'm calling BS on that. I need a source.

That fixed debt you speak of was supposed to be "ring fenced". So to now then say Wenger couldn't spend is ridiculous. We've been hoarding money since 2008. More money than any team in the EPL currently holds. And in the name of what?!

Wenger mentioned about posting at least a profit of like £15m or £25m. However, why the lack of spending?!

Show me a source to where Wenger COULDN'T spend until 2012..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-re-able-to-spend-money-now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262830/Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-ready-spend-big-transfer-window-paying-Emirates-Stadium.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat May 17, 2014 12:06 am

http://metro.co.uk/2010/05/11/arsene-wenger-will-bolster-arsenal-defence-with-big-transfer-budget-300263/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8047270/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-set-for-transfer-budget-boost-from-property-sales.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/18/arsene-wenger-arsenal-transfer-budget

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat May 17, 2014 12:36 am

SC, mate, this is common knowledge. Just look at our new commercial and sponsorship deals that will all be coming into effect this summer.

Put your bias aside to at least acknowledge the facts of our financial limitations. It's only logical that after building a £500million stadium with no governmental subsidies and complete self-reliance that we'd be forced to play a more cautious game in the market.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 17, 2014 1:39 am

Daily star stirring some sh*t
Starsport can reveal one of the reasons he has delayed signing was his anger at chief executive Ivan Gazidis announcing the club's manager was definitely staying on January 27.
and Re Sagna
The Eithad club have offered him a three-year contract worth £7m a season - which works out at £140,000 a week.
 confused  
The Gunners' final offer was £80,000 a week for two years, plus a one-year option.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyarados Garrincha Sat May 17, 2014 5:33 am

Sina wrote:
and Re Sagna
The Eithad club have offered him a three-year contract worth £7m a season - which works out at £140,000 a week.
 confused  
The Gunners' final offer was £80,000 a week for two years, plus a one-year option.

I don't think we would ever be able to pay 80K p/w for a 30+ guy even if he is someone as good as Sagna.So,Sagna is good as gone now?

When is Serge actually signing for us?
 Very Happy
Gyarados Garrincha
Gyarados Garrincha
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 am

Aurier is not. With FFP hitting PSG, they've moved their attention from Alves to Aurier.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 17, 2014 7:33 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And it's common knowledge that Arsenal wasn't allowed to spend until last summer because there was a fixed debt amount that the club needed to get to before its transfer budget was increased... ask all your mates here including RG.  Can't believe you don't know that one.  How long have you been an Arsenal fan? Laughing

First 2 paragraphs I knew of that. Considering Wenger won nothing up to the point Leonardo was sacked I find it incredibly bizarre they'd give him that kind of power.

That fixed debt you speak of was supposed to be "ring fenced". So to now then say Wenger couldn't spend is ridiculous. We've been hoarding money since 2008. More money than any team in the EPL currently holds. And in the name of what?!

Wenger mentioned about posting at least a profit of like £15m or £25m. However, why the lack of spending?!

Here:  http://northlondonisred.co.uk/arsenals-stadium-debt-the-inside-track/

Keep in mind that clubs often talk about "operating profit" not "net income".  Operating profit in accounting terms is Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA).  So although you may show operating profit, your actual net income may be far different depending on how much interest payments you have.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 17, 2014 8:28 am

sportsczy wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:

Here:  http://northlondonisred.co.uk/arsenals-stadium-debt-the-inside-track/

Keep in mind that clubs often talk about "operating profit" not "net income".  Operating profit in accounting terms is Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA).  So although you may show operating profit, your actual net income may be far different depending on how much interest payments you have.

sports, you're having a laugh, right?

I mean I admit to not knowing much in depth about financial dealings, and I'm pretty sure you know 1000 times more since I remember reading you working in that sector, but THIS is your source for that discussion?!

I mean the guy says he wants to talk about Arsenal's finances from a 'professional point of view' and then says "That is where my expertise comes in." ...
And then he 'explains' that when you borrow money you have to pay it back with interests. NO SHIT. Laughing

THAT much even I did know rofl

But there's no details about Arsenal's finances, and how much they actually make, have to pay back etc pp. That's a joke, right?

If you want to talk about it, let's base the discussion on something more detailed at least, ffs.
http://swissramble.blogspot.de/2013/08/arsenal-money-dont-matter-2-night.html
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 am

He's not going into the finances.  All he's doing is explaining very simply to someone with no financial background why high debt influences your decisions and debt servicing happens below the "Operating Profit" line on a financial statment....  as operating profit does not take into account interest payments or principal paydowns of debt.  To understand the actual cash position of the club, you would need to look at the cash flow statement.  But since the only lines that are reported to the public are Revenue and Operating Income unless a club has a public legal obligation to do so...  there is no data for additional level of analysis for privately held clubs.

So when people say that Arsenal have had Operating Profit of between 15-25 million pounds for years...  well, that money goes mostly towards paying down interest and the amortization of the debt (probably 15-30 year amortization).  So in terms of available cash flow, you have zilch given that Arsenal took out 260 million pounds in loans on a 390 million pound stadium project.  Not only did they deplete their cash reserves... they also had cash flow commitments for years.

So why did Arsenal suddenly come out and state in the summer of 2013 they they had a certain amount of money for transfers now?  They were able to replenish their cash reserves over several years and the principal on the debt had come down low enough that you're not sending all your cash to debtors annually.  Arsenal is a club that uses organic financial means to pay for things.  The owners do not invest for the club..  in fact, i think they take dividends annually.

I have no idea what the level of financial sophistication of this Arsenal fan is.  Since he didn't know about the debt implication of the Emirates and quoted Operating Profit as the indicator of Arsenal's ability to spend, i assumed that finance wasn't his thing. He also asked for a source... so i had to find one that was simple. Maybe i underestimated his financial acumen... but that's fine.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 17, 2014 9:22 am

Sure, but indeed I think you're underestimating SC, I don't think he wasn't aware of the stadium depths etc.

Anyway, didn't mean to stifle the discussion, it's good reading.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat May 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Sportsczy, I don't think Arsenal pays dividends - maybe this has changed in the last few years, as I know with Kroenke and Usmanov there was a lot of discussion about this as a possibility. And in recent years, pre-Özil at least, this was relevant to many fans' perception that the club was falling short in the transfer market because whatever cash there was ... wasn't being invested in signings. Implication being that it was going "somewhere else," like a businessman's pocket.

But I don't recall coming across sources that actually ever claimed Arsenal paid dividends to its shareholders. For instance ...

Then there is the question of dividends: Arsenal have never paid one to shareholders but if Kroenke has run up big debts against other assets for the takeover and wants a dividend to pay for them then his statement about not securing debts against the club is irrelevant. A restriction on dividends is also absent from the offer document.

(from 2011, source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/may/10/stan-kroenke-arsenal-cash-dividends)

Though of course there are various other pay-outs ... http://angryofislington.com/2012/08/05/how-much-do-the-arsenal-board-pay-themselves/
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Arsene to be given 100m to spend

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10839804/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-celebrates-FA-Cup-success-with-new-three-year-contract.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 pm

The Guardian are linking us with a move for James Milner.

Seriously.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/18/arsenal-james-milner-manchester-city?CMP=twt_gu

The report claims Milner wants to play more in central midfield and that Wenger will promise him that, but between Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Flamini plus any new DM, I can't see that at all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 18, 2014 11:30 pm

I think Milner is a player every team needs. And he is actually good at the things he does rather than being average at those things. For example someone like Livermore is average at everything but he is one of those utility players managers won't mind.

Not saying we should go in for him nor I believe we will but just my 2 cents.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun May 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Hmm.

Milner is a really high-level squad/utility player--I mean that as praise. I rate him highly. It's always good to have at least a guy or two like that at a top club. But it would be a little weird to make him a straight-up DM type, which is the only semi-feasible way you could see him coming to Arsenal and getting a lot of playing time in "central" midfield.

If he came, too, say goodbye to any thoughts of Javi Martinez or Morgan Schneiderlin or whoever.

Remaining very skeptical for now.

(Or basically I see RG has beat me to the punch with roughly the same opinion.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next