EL Patron
Chumlum
Sina
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
52 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Hell yes. Sign him up now Wenger.

Milan will sell him I think this summer. We make the most sense. City probably won't want him. United have other needs, Same for Liverpool. Chelsea are getting Costa. And lolspurs. We're the best place for him.

Doooo ittttt

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:35 pm

No to Balotelli. Best to keep disruptive influences away from the squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Sina wrote:Balo for £20m
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/479620/AC-Milan-slap-20m-price-tag-of-Arsenal-Liverpool-Spurs-Chelsea-target-Mario-Balotelli

-Yes or No?-

Inclined to say no.

Not denying his qualities, his entertainment value, or the feel-good factor of a "big name" signing he'd bring, but I think ultimately he would be more trouble and less footballing accomplishment than he's worth at a £20m fee.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:43 pm

basically what Chum said for me as well

meanwhile Cesc False 9 is happening :bow:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Sina wrote:read this :coffee:
http://arseblog.com/2014/06/im-bringing-cescy-back/

i cant say No Sad

Decent points.

It's not silly to go after a player to prevent another team from strengthening. It happens all the time, this is a competitive game and that's a competitive decision. Plenty of ways for it to work if it happened, as he said himself, our midfield department isn't full of spring chickens and it's not like we have younger players chomping at the bit.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:34 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Nah Tim Wiese is crap nowadays. But Guillermo Ochoa could be another option.

Talking of Tim Wiese
Dude just turned into a bodybuilder

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Tattoo_ve_futbolcular_af1a1_800The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Wies2
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Hey Guys quick update on Cesc Fabregas.

Both BBC AND SSN reporting he's gonna leave Barcelona and would prefer a return to the Premier League.  BBC saying Arsenal yet to show interest.

Daily Mail claim that Liverpool are in the lead while the Telegraph are saying that Arsene Wenger has said he rules out Fabregas move ( without using any quotes , sources or info). Marca saying its not happening while Michael Straford (anyone know him NBC Journalist apparently ) claims Cesc to Arsenal 100% not happening.

The Mirror say Arsenal are interested. Barcelona-based ( i think ) newspaper "Sport" claim that Arsenal have talked to David Dein (Fab's agent) about a possible move to Arsenal. We are his first choice preferably. "Metro News UK" say we are "discussing 29.2M (creative that figure you gotta admit) move for Cesc.

Kike Marin  ( Spanish journalist no idea of reliability) claims on twitter that Arsene Wenger does indeed want Fabregas and is willing to pay the money up to Cesc to decide. Both Sports and Kike saying Cesc yet to meet with Luis Enrique.

I really couldn't be bothered to post the links since the media obviously have no idea whats happening , complete and utter contradiction of each other.

In other unrelated news multiple reports , I assume most are BS , claim that Arsenal have "agreed personal terms" with Loic Remy and are quoting Sky Radio (is that even a thing) as their source. This was also reported by Metro (heh).

In the end, the only piece of anything newsworthy from my roundup of boredom is that Arsenal Ladies won the FA Cup 2-0 thanks to a tasty free kick goal by Smith and another forward who looks marginally better than Giroud. Sadly, Anouk Hoogendijk wasn't in the team (google her).

Last edited by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Sina wrote:read this :coffee:
http://arseblog.com/2014/06/im-bringing-cescy-back/

i cant say No Sad

Arseblog's argument is: if Ramsey or Özil are injured we can bring Cesc on. As if he would jump from one bench to another besides we have Wilshere for that already and no having 3 players ahead in his position won't improve a player. He forgets that when we had Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira, Cesc and van Persie were 16/20 years old so when they were at Jack's age they were regulars AFTER Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira were gone.

Honestly if Wenger signs Cesc to play him in midfield then I genuinely hope Wilshere goes to Chelsea/United, that would serve us well. But Wenger won't do it because he is a smart man and not blind.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 pm

A lot of respectable Arsenal fans are going to great lengths to justifying re-signing Cesc, the most common argument being that he'd give us great depth and that we need more world class players, but these are such flimsy arguments.

Depth is not obtained by stockpiling great talents. Look at the situation at Chelsea last season; they start the season with six great attacking midfielders (Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Schurlle, Mata and De Bruyne) and lose two of them in January because they weren't playing for whatever reason. The same would happen at Arsenal.

And what's the point of adding another class player in a position where we've already got a class player? It seems so pointless.

I reckon all this furore over Cesc wouldn't be happening if Ozil had a better season than he did.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:51 pm

I have to agree that I don't really have a LOGICAL reason in wanting Cesc back. You know that player you watch growing up who you just attracts you to football? That guy for me and many Arsenal fans my age was : Cesc Fabregas. I guess its sentiment more than anything..I get a sick feeling just hearing about him playing for a different club.

Logically speaking we go for a WC Forward. I don't see that happening tbh. Its probably gonna be Giroud and Remy and Sanogo next year. I would prefer Mandzukic as well but you know beggars can't be choosers and all.

Is the Telegraph at all reliable guys??
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

If Flamini, Rosicky and Arteta were three years younger and Diaby was more reliable (or if we had someone in his place who could play) then I'd agree.

This isn't necessarily to say we should be pursuing him or prioritizing him but if it happened, it could work.

And I'm not entirely confident that this reviewing of our medical staff and methods will amount to less injuries next season.

If Cesc knew his role then I still don't find any counter-arguments very compelling given that three of our midfielders could be playing their last seasons with us next year (Arteta, Flamini Diaby) which would leave us with a 30-year-old Cazorla, 34-year-old Rosicky, Jack, Rambo and Özil. Definitely room there.

I'd be happy to have a player of his caliber join and just as happy to watch him go anywhere but in the Premier League and that's not even fractionally about emotional attachment. I genuinely believe letting City/United/Chelsea sign him would be something we should move to prevent if possible.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:04 pm

You want a logical reason?

The main reason we lost so heavily away from home this season? lack big game players thats also why we couldnt dominate a single big game. You think a DM can solve our problems? no. We defend as a team and must get our tactics right.

Arteta, Diaby, Rosicky and even Santi wont be much longer at Arsenal.

Cesc has the ability to control the tempo of the game from in front of the back 4 like Arteta has done the past two seasons, I dont see why he wont fit in. He provides leadership and touch of class and fluent passing games,  he is a different type of player than Ozil. How scary would it be for oppositions facing them 2? Shocked
scezney
RB mert koss Gibbs
cesc ramsey
walcott ozil Ox(Santi)
striker

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:10 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Nah Tim Wiese is crap nowadays. But Guillermo Ochoa could be another option.
Ochoa would at least continue the Arsenal tradition of having at least one madly inconsistent keeper on the books.

I remember when Casc or Ganso (can't recall which) was absolutely certain he was joining LFC last summer. Funny how they never bumped our discussions on the subject come September like they promised to.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:22 pm

The main reason we lost so heavily away from home this season? lack big game players thats also why we couldnt dominate a single big game. You think a DM can solve our problems? no. We defend as a team and must get our tactics right.

Frankly, you're reasoning that we lacked "big game players" is wide of the mark. Our approach to those games was wrong and we were punished for it, but tell me how a player like Cesc solves those sorts of problems. Does Cesc cover the back four? Does he play fullback? Can he counter at pace? Can he organise a defence and communicate to the team to stop pushing forward? Can he rally a team and give them inspiration before the game? The answer to all them is no.

scezney
RB mert koss Gibbs
cesc ramsey
walcott ozil Ox(Santi)
striker

We'd welcome back the days of being slaughtered on the counter every other week with this team.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:43 pm

So you telling me Cesc will do a worst job than Arteta, if he plays the same position?

Ozil will be happy to see someone comparable to his stature slot in behind him – take some pressure off.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:So you telling me Cesc will do a worst job than Arteta, if he plays the same position?

So you want Cesc to play defensive mid  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Probably.

And the question would still remain as to why we'd sign someone who wouldn't improve on Arteta and isn't even a natural DM for a fee that would be higher than buying an actual DM.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:So you telling me Cesc will do a worst job than Arteta, if he plays the same position?

No, just saying if Arteta did it so can any other player. Laughing

We missed having a controlling midfielder as much as a stricker in the second half of the season with Ramsey and Wilshire injured

We need to be able to cover positions and rotate with the number of games we play in all competitions
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
EL Patron wrote:

rofl 

Pls go

Cesc as a defensive mid is the worst thing on a football pitch since Eboue as a defensive mid or Bendtner as a winger.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:20 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
EL Patron wrote:

rofl 

Pls go

Cesc as a defensive mid is the worst thing on a football pitch since Eboue as a defensive mid or Bendtner as a winger.

Wenger has a dream to make Arsenal the best in the world , a dream team, and Cesc Fabregas is part of that dream. Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 pm

we are already signing new Eboue
pls no DM Cesc

Arteta-Jack-Cesc our 2nd string midfield :coffee:
New DM-Rambo-Mesut 1st choice obv
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Sven Bender injury history is worrying but still would take him at 15M but this is another BS romour by English media meh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:49 pm

If Wenger can get a grip on Balotelli then for £20m there's no question about it. Has the potential to be a world beater, even if he's gone through 4-5 top teams, that doesn't necessarily suggest he can't grow up.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Yep BS rumour, Sven isn't looking to leave.

We should move for Schneiderlin before Southampton have sold everyone else or Luiz Gustavo before the World Cup.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Wenger will never look to sign a clown like Balotelli even if he was a free agent let alone throwing €20m on him and making him the second most expensive player in our history.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Mirror report Wenger is looking to bring Balo to the Emirates

Daily Mail says Arsenal have informed Fabregas they aren't interested in signing him.

Possible agreement between Fabregas and Man City

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/posible-acuerdo-entre-cesc-manchester-city-3288198

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next