Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
46 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wenger: Mata deal unfair - Page 3 Empty Re: Wenger: Mata deal unfair

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Was he asked that it was unfair? was he anywhere? if he was asked and he refused to answer then please show me.

He was asked about Mata.
He was also asked about Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gouffran last year. He answered both the times.

But was he asked about Arshavin though?

Oh please, what Journalist is going to ask him;
"Remember when you bought Arshavin in 2009 and he basically ruined Liverpools chances at a Title?"

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Izzy acting like a bigot? Alright then. Listened to the rather short video and I really don't see the point in Wenger "complaining". I get what he is saying and the whole thing does have some sort of unfairness but would only count on a moral standpoint and not for anything else.

Strategically speaking, it was spot on by Chelsea and I tip my hat to them (for once). As for Wenger's "complaint", it is warranted (to an extent) but totally unnecessary...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:27 pm

I get Wenger's point, but even if the January transfer window was to be scrapped you could still be facing a stronger team. Van Persie and Rooney were injured against Chelsea, but they might be both fit against Arsenal. Your not going to face an identical line-up even if there's no January transfer window.

The Rooney and Van Persie is just an example not to do with him mentioning Mata
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Good, at least you now understand Arsene's point. We are getting somewhere.

And it was unfair. Similar to Mata. But I don't see ANYWHERE that Arsene said Arshavin was fair.

What?
you're making my point.
YOU may now say that the Arshavin transfer was unfair, but at the time it happened, did Wenger?
Did he even talk about it?

I Seriously doubt he did. You know why? Because it benefited HIS team.

Was he asked that it was unfair? was he anywhere? if he was asked and he refused to answer then please show me.

He was asked about Mata.
He was also asked about Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gouffran last year. He answered both the times.

As if any journo is going to ask a manager "do you think its unfair that you've signed player x at this particular point in time?" Neutral

Oh come off it mate

So....how exactly is it Arsene's fault then?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:40 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:You have been acting like he just said No one should be able to buy players but the top 4 teams or something. What he said is absolutely logical and he has a point.

And thanks for the kind words. I genuinely do hope Crystal Palace stay up. Going back to the Championship might be too much for some of the fans.

He has no point. This is the same guy who said the January transfer window should be scrapped................. but then profits from it. His opinion is a joke.

And if we do go down, so be it.
That means we had 38 league games to accumulate enough points to secure are safety and we failed, not going to use the transfer window as an excuse.

What's wrong about scrapping the Jan transfer window?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Was he asked that it was unfair? was he anywhere? if he was asked and he refused to answer then please show me.

He was asked about Mata.

"Remember when you bought Arshavin in 2009 and he basically ruined Liverpools chances at a Title?"

So maybe... don't blame Arsene?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I get Wenger's point, but even if the January transfer window was to be scrapped you could still be facing a stronger team. Van Persie and Rooney were injured against Chelsea, but they might be both fit against Arsenal. Your not going to face an identical line-up even if there's no January transfer window.

The Rooney and Van Persie is just an example not to do with him mentioning Mata

Izzy acting like a bigot? Alright then. Listened to the rather short video and I really don't see the point in Wenger "complaining". I get what he is saying and the whole thing does have some sort of unfairness but would only count on a moral standpoint and not for anything else.

Strategically speaking, it was spot on by Chelsea and I tip my hat to them (for once). As for Wenger's "complaint", it is warranted (to an extent) but totally unnecessary...

Thank you!

That's all I am saying. He isn't saying something blasphemous like some are trying to make out
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:So maybe... don't blame Arsene?

Why not?
Someone asking him that question would be completely inappropriate and unnecessary, but it would show the hypocrisy of his words, unless Wenger so far stuck up his own ass that he'll actually say that it was unfair he has bought player in January before? Doubt he will though.

RealGunner wrote:What's wrong about scrapping the Jan transfer window?

I'm not going to sit here and list the pro's and cons of the Jan transfer window?
But for Manager, who's team has been a shell of themselves for almost a DECADE, to try and use this as an excuse or that it's unfair is pathetic.

I get it. Arsenal are not in this position in the League this often in recent years. The league isn't as strong as it once was and Arsenal are in position to capitalise. I get it.
But my God, have faith in your own team and have an attitude that 'we'll beat whoever is in front of us, regardless of who they buy or what other teams do' instead of, 'it's unfair'.
It makes him look like he is already looking for excuses.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thank you!

That's all I am saying. He isn't saying something blasphemous like some are trying to make out

Oh whatever.

The guy is upset that his rivals are making moves to benefit themselves and inconvenience him.

IT'S COMPETITION FFS.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:57 pm

izzy wrote:

He was asked about Mata.

Arsene does not like the January transfer window. He would be the first to sign up to get rid of it as he has said before, because he believes because of the randomness of the schedule and the timing of the january transfer window that it can create uneven odds and take away a bit of the fairness of the scheduling by some teams like here in chelseas case, having a stroke of luck as to when they were assigned to play certain opposition. This is all wenger is trying to do, is highlight the reasons as to why he believes the window shouldn't be there and the issues that it can create that may not be apparent at first glance

However the window is there. So as long as its there, and the competition is using it, Wenger has to as well to keep things as level as possible and not fall behind. Chelsea haven't done anything wrong, this deal works out for them in every way, and you can't fault them for playing 100% by the rules. However the arshavin deal doesn't hold water as an analogy towards wengers complaint because we did not purchase Arshavin from another PL team that we had already played twice that liverpool had not.

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Is this not the same guy that tried to sign Cabaye after the season already started? How is that not 'unfair' to the teams that played against Newcastle with Cabaye? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:00 pm

The easiest way to realize the January window can be, in theory, unfair in situations like Mata's transfer is to think it like this:

Chelsea could, theoratically, buy half a dozen good players and just instantly loan them to United, making them stronger and much more likely to win against Chelsea's title rivals. Chelsea and United won't play again this season and the players would return to Chelsea at the end of the season. That would certainly feel unfair, but would break no rules.

Of course it's not going to happen and Mata's transfer is no big deal, but in theory Wenger is right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Instead of calling someone a shithead, why don't you listen to him first, he isn't exactly complaining about selling to a rival. Some peope are too thick to understand and need to let their frustration out though so keep it going...

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Some people are wasting too much energy on this. Looks like someone got a detention today at school and is taking their rage out on a forum......

I think Wenger made a reasoned point. Though, regardless of if you agree with it, I'm amazed some people have managed to be offended by it.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 pm

What Wenger highlighted is a easy enough point to understand, but just talking about it makes him sound like a whiny fool.

The same rules apply for everyone, and no one else complains.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Is this not the same guy that tried to sign Cabaye after the season already started? How is that not 'unfair' to the teams that played against Newcastle with Cabaye? scratch

Tbf Cabaye kicked up a fuss and he didn't play until like the 4th game of the season lol.

So its not really the same.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Is this not the same guy that tried to sign Cabaye after the season already started? How is that not 'unfair' to the teams that played against Newcastle with Cabaye? scratch

I think you can criticise a system without standing still and giving everyone else an advantage over you. It's a bit much to ask him to live by a different rule to everyone else, even if he'd prefer everyone to live by that rule.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:08 pm

izzy wrote:
I'm not going to sit here and list the pro's and cons of the Jan transfer window?
But for Manager, who's team has been a shell of themselves for almost a DECADE, to try and use this as an excuse or that it's unfair is pathetic.

I get it. Arsenal are not in this position in the League this often in recent years. The league isn't as strong as it once was and Arsenal are in position to capitalise. I get it.
But my God, have faith in your own team and have an attitude that 'we'll beat whoever is in front of us, regardless of who they buy or what other teams do' instead of, 'it's unfair'.
It makes him look like he is already looking for excuses.

I don't know what made you think he is making an excuse, but he isn't. He is just making a point. He isn't allowed to do that? Where did he say that Arsenal won't win anything because of the Mata deal?

Book mark this page and at the end of the season if we don't win anything. Please bump it with the quote of Arsene saying that we failed because United signed Mata.

And LOL please don't start waffling about unrelated matters using cheap ass grade C tactics just to try and rile up the Arsenal fans. You are making yourself look pathetic. You are above that.

No one is looking for excuses. Stop putting words into Arsene's mouth.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeah, we're all thick who don't agree with Wengers point.......

It's not like EVERYONE in the league is subjected to the same rules, just Arsenal.  Rolling Eyes 

I wonder how Pellegrini and Rodgers will react to this.............?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
I think Wenger made a reasoned point. Though, regardless of if you agree with it, I'm amazed some people have managed to be offended by it.

This is what I am baffled about. When Mourinho said "Liverpool are on a holiday" I didn't see any Liverpool fans getting offended by it and that's far more of an insult then a meek point Arsene tried to make out.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Le Samourai wrote:What Wenger highlighted is a easy enough point to understand, but just talking about it makes him sound like a whiny fool.

The same rules apply for everyone, and no one elhse complains.

So because no one mentions it one can't raise a point without being called a "whiny fool'? :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:15 pm

izzy wrote:Yeah, we're all thick who don't agree with Wengers point.......

It's not like EVERYONE in the league is subjected to the same rules, just Arsenal.  Rolling Eyes 

I wonder how Pellegrini and Rodgers will react to this.............?

Everyone has to play by the same rules

NOBODY has the same schedule.

That is the difference between what RG is trying to point out and the completely different argument you have about the matter
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Some people have just, utterly, terrible logic.

Comparing this transfer to RVP and co....you do realise who played were the ones that forced the move despite Arsenal relying on them heavily?

Mata is getting tossed because he is no longer needed.

The only thing he said was unfair was that a team were able to sell a player to a direct rival knowing that he cant damage them first and hand and may well help them by taking points from rivals. What's wrong was that? Is that not in fact true? Would it not be "more fair" if the transfer happened before some teams have played each other twice?

People whining and crying about Wenger apparently crying when actually, he said nothing controversial or whiny at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:I don't know what made you think he is making an excuse, but he isn't. He is just making a point. He isn't allowed to do that? Where did he say that Arsenal won't win anything because of the Mata deal?

Book mark this page and at the end of the season if we don't win anything. Please bump it with the quote of Arsene saying that we failed because United signed Mata.

And LOL please don't start waffling about unrelated matters using cheap ass grade C tactics just to try and rile up the Arsenal fans. You are making yourself look pathetic. You are above that.

No one is looking for excuses. Stop putting words into Arsene's mouth.

Oh please, it's an excuse for 'expectant(?)' future failure. I've seen this same guy slip and slide his way from certain questions, so don't try and act now like he is oblige to answer every question he's faced with. He isn't.

I could care less if I rile up Arsenal fans. What I said was 110% truth. Also, it wasn't unrelated as I used that as a way of me trying think from a position similar to Wenger if I was in his position. Those are the things that I would be thinking about if I was in Wengers position, I'm sure he thinks about them too.
I'm not putting words in his mouth, these are all my opinions on why I think his opinion sucks, don't try and take everything I say so literal.

But, instead of whining about something so menial and petty, the guy should act like it doesn't faze him.
It shouldn't.
Like it matters anyway.
Let's wait for some other managers in the bottom half to get upset at the teams around them buying players.
Hell, Zaha just went on-loan to Cardiff, let's see what bottom half teams have to say about that....

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 pm

In any case this is yet another issue solved by having a winter break :coffee:

Or at least it makes it more unlikely.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 pm

It's sad how many people are desperate to take his words out of context just so they can hate.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next