Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
46 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wenger: Mata deal unfair - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger: Mata deal unfair

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Arsene has a point. He has always been vocal about the January transfer window. Look it at this way

A relegation team can face United and get a 0-0 draw when United haven't bought Mata. Next week another relegation team can face United and lose 1-0 with a Mata winner. Where ever you stand with the fair/unfair stance. It is something to consider.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:What I got from that video, or at least the first 30 seconds he said that Chelsea sold Mata off when they don't have to play United again making it more difficult for Arsenal (who I believe will face them at home) and City (who face them away). This will hurt them more as they will need results against United and Chelsea, as well as each other, were as Chelsea just need results against Arsenal/City thats if they don't drop any points.

Mourinho tactics reeks of cowardice, his intention is to clearly towards Arsenals progress. Mourinho forgot we still have to play Chelsea and no Mata. Laughing
Good move for Mata,but chelsea will pay dearly For it next season.This transfer will do nothing with Arsenal title challenge because as it is Mata is another average player in Man United team

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Arsene has a point. He has always been vocal about the January transfer window. Look it at this way

A relegation team can face United and get a 0-0 draw when United haven't bought Mata. Next week another relegation team can face United and lose 1-0 with a Mata winner. Where ever you stand with the fair/unfair stance. It is something to consider.

No it isn't.
How is that even comparable?
Using that relegation team example you used, how about when Arsenal bought Arshavin in January and he effectively cost Liverpool the league in the 08/09 season?

What about that?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm

So all of a sudden, Mata wanted to leave? I'm sure the timing is absolutely, 100%, definitely just a coincidence. I'm also sure the "credible sources" are indeed just that
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:00 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He ISN'T complaining about selling to a rival. He is complaining about how Chelsea will not have to face Mata unlike City or Arsenal. He has said the same thing about the January transfer window every year on the exact same thing. How in the world is this similar to the Suarez saga?

Yes he is complaining about them selling to a rival, or he wouldn't have brought up the fact that they were selling him to United and that would mean other rivals would have to face United with Mata and it may help Chelsea.
It's only similar in the rival comment, he then had the audacity to try and use the schedule to try and justify his pathetic point?

He could of said for going on 15+ years, it doesn't change the fact that, that is one of the most pathetic excuses I've ever heard.
Who the fck cares?
Again, I didn't hear anyone make such an issue about such a menial topic when Chelsea bought Torres in January a couple years back?

What a joke.

Audacity? He has used this same argument for years. Why are you trying to hype this so much? He has a fair point. It's not his fault you can't grasp a simple argument instead of acting like a bigot.

Regarding Torres. There are transfers that goes on in the Winter every year. In massive amounts. Do you want someone to come out and talk against it every time? Arsene didn't just talk out about this because he was bored. He was ASKED about it. He answered it. Most managers won't.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:What I got from that video, or at least the first 30 seconds he said that Chelsea sold Mata off when they don't have to play United again making it more difficult for Arsenal (who I believe will face them at home) and City (who face them away). This will hurt them more as they will need results against United and Chelsea, as well as each other, were as Chelsea just need results against Arsenal/City thats if they don't drop any points.

Mourinho tactics reeks of cowardice, his intention is to clearly towards Arsenals progress. Mourinho forgot we still have to play Chelsea and no Mata. Laughing
Good move for Mata,but chelsea will pay dearly For it next season.This transfer will do nothing with Arsenal title challenge because as it is Mata is another average player in Man United team
Yes, because everything that happens this season is about Arsenal. Brilliant logic.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:02 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Arsene has a point. He has always been vocal about the January transfer window. Look it at this way

No it isn't.
How is that even comparable?
Using that relegation team example you used, how about when Arsenal bought Arshavin in January and he effectively cost Liverpool the league in the 08/09 season?

What about that?

Good, at least you now understand Arsene's point. We are getting somewhere.

And it was unfair. Similar to Mata. But I don't see ANYWHERE that Arsene said Arshavin was fair.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

l think that is fair game. From that teams perspective it doesn't matter where mata came from, or what player they bought, the point is that they strengthened.

l do agree that l doubt chelsea would have sold him to united if they still had to play them twice. But they don't and their competition does, so l think that is at least a reasonable argument.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Yes, because everything that happens this season is about Arsenal. Brilliant logic.

Well when you are top of the league like Arsenal are now, shit managers use shit techniques to scrape out shit wins!
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

rofl

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:04 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:

l think that is fair game. From that teams perspective it doesn't matter where mata came from, or what player they bought, the point is that they strengthened.

l do agree that l doubt chelsea would have sold him to united if they still had to play them twice. But they don't and their competition does, so l think that is at least a reasonable argument.

People can't understand simple things
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Audacity? He has used this same argument for years. Why are you trying to hype this so much? He has a fair point. It's not his fault you can't grasp a simple argument instead of acting like a bigot.

Regarding Torres. There are transfers that goes on in the Winter every year. In massive amounts. Do you want someone to come out and talk against it every time? Arsene didn't just talk out about this because he was bored. He was ASKED about it. He answered it. Most managers won't.

Bigot?
Why? Because I'm not listening to the drivel that this guy is trying to spew?
It is a pathetic point AND also a joke when you yourself have PROFITED from the Winter transfer window in numerous fashion.

In recent memory, Arshavin joining Arsenal in January and helping them finish in the Top 4.
Or Henry returning in January and scoring a vital goal against Sunderland some years back.

Wouldn't surprise that if the team ends up with nothing this year, you'll be hearing this excuse pop up.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Bitching about the schedule is a joke.
Regardless of united and Chelsea having to play again I really doubt that would have had an impact on this transfer.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Lex wrote:So all of a sudden, Mata wanted to leave? I'm sure the timing is absolutely, 100%, definitely just a coincidence. I'm also sure the "credible sources" are indeed just that
I'm very skeptical when it comes to believing rumours but when journos like Di Marzio and Ballague(whether you hate him or not, he's usually spot on with Spanish players) have mentioned that Mata did in fact say so, and a couple of Chelsea TV guys who followed it said the same then its hard to ignore that. His father(who's also his agent) has flown into London yesterday and also said the same. He wanted to play and if he couldn't get it at Chelsea, he was ready to go get it at United. He had the world cup in mind.

Ask any Chelsea fan on the forum. I almost rubbish any rumours immediately, but this one is credible enough and I can't blame the lad for wanting to leave. Nothing along the "coincidence" sarcasm you're trying to imply.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:09 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Audacity? He has used this same argument for years. Why are you trying to hype this so much? He has a fair point. It's not his fault you can't grasp a simple argument instead of acting like a bigot.

Bigot?
It is a pathetic point AND also a joke when you yourself have PROFITED from the Winter transfer window in numerous fashion.

In recent memory, Arshavin joining Arsenal in January and helping them finish in the Top 4.
Or Henry returning in January and scoring a vital goal against Sunderland some years back.

Wouldn't surprise that if the team ends up with nothing this year, you'll be hearing this excuse pop up.

Tbh he has done that for like 7 years now, just google "Wenger promises trophies" Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Good, at least you now understand Arsene's point. We are getting somewhere.

And it was unfair. Similar to Mata. But I don't see ANYWHERE that Arsene said Arshavin was fair.

What?
you're making my point.
YOU may now say that the Arshavin transfer was unfair, but at the time it happened, did Wenger?
Did he even talk about it?

I Seriously doubt he did. You know why? Because it benefited HIS team.

Last edited by izzy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Mata average?... :facepalm: 
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:11 pm

And it's not as if Wenger's the only one who has criticized the January transfer window - many managers have been critical of it
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:11 pm

izzy wrote:

Bigot?

You have been acting like he just said No one should be able to buy players but the top 4 teams or something. What he said is absolutely logical and he has a point.

And thanks for the kind words. I genuinely do hope Crystal Palace stay up. Going back to the Championship might be too much for some of the fans.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:12 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Good, at least you now understand Arsene's point. We are getting somewhere.

What?
you're making my point.
YOU may now say that the Arshavin transfer was unfair, but at the time it happened, did Wenger?

Was he asked that it was unfair? was he anywhere? if he was asked and he refused to answer then please show me.

He was asked about Mata.
He was also asked about Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gouffran last year. He answered both the times.

But was he asked about Arshavin though?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:
izzy wrote:

What?
you're making my point.

Was he asked that it was unfair? was he anywhere? if he was asked and he refused to answer then please show me.

He was asked about Mata.
He was also asked about Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gouffran last year. He answered both the times.

As if any journo is going to ask a manager "do you think its unfair that you've signed player x at this particular point in time?" Neutral

Oh come off it mate
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Arsene wants a footy politburo to control all aspects of footy and make sure there's an equal distribution of wealth...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:You have been acting like he just said No one should be able to buy players but the top 4 teams or something. What he said is absolutely logical and he has a point.

And thanks for the kind words. I genuinely do hope Crystal Palace stay up. Going back to the Championship might be too much for some of the fans.

He has no point. This is the same guy who said the January transfer window should be scrapped................. but then profits from it. His opinion is a joke.

And if we do go down, so be it.
That means we had 38 league games to accumulate enough points to secure are safety and we failed, not going to use the transfer window as an excuse.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:Arsene wants a footy politburo to control all aspects of footy and make sure there's an equal distribution of wealth...
And I want the same house Bill Gates owns. And his wrist watches. I love watches.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Lets just move on. lt doesn't mata that Chelsea sold to united, even though l think Wenger has a point, United would have strengthened anyway or bought someone else of matas quality this window. lt was inevitable, Moyes is under too much pressure not to.

l wish Wengers response to this would be to just bring in a forward and handle this move from a position of strength, but we are leaving ourselves vulnerable by not strengthening like united and now it seems chelsea will
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Was he asked that it was unfair? was he anywhere? if he was asked and he refused to answer then please show me.

He was asked about Mata.

Oh please, what Journalist is going to ask him;
"Remember when you bought Arshavin in 2009 and he basically ruined Liverpools chances at a Title?"
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next