Have we been unfair to Ronaldo?

+3
titosantill
Valkyrja
FennecFox7
7 posters

Go down

Have we been unfair to Ronaldo? Empty Have we been unfair to Ronaldo?

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:41 am

I think that at the start of the season, he was shockingly bad. With zidane, I actually notice a definite change and he is playing much better. He's dribbling opponents, making great runs and actually buring chances and being a better team player. Still however, we scapegoat our best player. imo I don't think he's bad anymore. If he plays like this we should keep him
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Have we been unfair to Ronaldo? Empty Re: Have we been unfair to Ronaldo?

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:42 am

It's not his play. It's impossible to punish him for his football. It's his negative influence in the dressing room that's toxic.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:11 pm

with the state of affairs in the league over the last couple of years, and the success of the rivals, i'm not sure how one can lament on whether people are being unfair....and i'm not talking about just cristiano but the team as a whole. its a team game, we can't be addressing whether people are being unfair to one player when the team is in the state that its in

from ancelotti's second season till now, we have become a team that does well when things are fine on the pitch and against smaller sides- so if we're dominating a game, everyone plays well/alright; but backs against the wall, and a little struggle, then one sees a lack of fight

okay, no. a lack of fight is unfair, the galacticos at the end, that was a lack of fight. with us, in my opinion, the side's just not good enough. today's game, they fought hard, had the ball, moved it around. even against teams like sevilla, atleti, and last season in the ucl semis, we played hard....and i just reached the conclusion, this team isn't good enough. when an opponent actually knows what they're doing, and aren't playing naive football we, as a team lack ideas. nothing unfair about that. its painfully obvious...one touch passes in the middle of the park or a long ball to marcelo, who then makes an attempt at a cross, or someone grows a pair to test the goalie from long range.....nothing creative, that's our game

as far as cristiano and zidane, zidane's been the manager for less than three months. and the players didn't like the previous coach, so obviously there's a new lease on life with the change. still too early to reach any conclusions. keeping anyone depends on how the season progresses and how we want to build for next year....florentino decided not to alter the team last year, and we're 9 points from first place. he'll definitely look into that over the summer. the way i see it, nobody in the team is untouchable, at least, not in my eyes. maybe modric. from what i'm hearing, florentino selling or keeping cristiano depends largely on the bids teams are prepared to make. same goes for the other star players on our team....
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:44 pm

We haven't, he needs to go his performance doesn't add up (anymore) to his prima donna behaviour , like Val said he's toxic in the dressing room, he already won all the titles both club and individual, all time scorer, he has nothing to gain if he remains and so much to lose, if he leaves now he will leave on a good note.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:06 am

You can't be toxic in the dressing room with someone like zidane though. Even Ronaldo is pressing under zidane. you don't mess around with him
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:40 am

cristiano being toxic in the dressing room is a stretch imo. yes he's selfish, hardly tracks back, and seems more concerned with his stats...but a dressing room cancer or toxic? i don't know...aurier is toxic, romario was toxic, cassano, balotelli, adriano, etc...those are people i'd address as toxic. cristiano has been very professional here, i haven't heard him fighting with teammates, missing practice, getting drunk, having accidents, flamboyant night life during the season, sleeping with his teammates wife/girlfriend etc...i think our problems with him are largely on the pitch, not in the locker room.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:31 pm

I can't say that I agree. I also think that you'd be mistaken to radically change your opinion after two, three or four good games from him. You're not the only one being guilty of this approach by the way. Almost 99% of football fans do it as well, and as a result, we have new names cropping up every single week, touted as the best, only to plunge the week after in total oblivion.

This is why I don't compare a new rising starlet or a one-season wonder to a guy who has been consistently great over 7 years. Something that Ronaldo has been a victim of by the way.

So, no. While I agree that Ronaldo is one of the two best players of his generation, I still don't believe that we've been unfair to him this season, nor has he done enough to redeem himself...at least as far as I'm concerned.

Against Malaga, even though his goal was splendid, it was offside and shouldn't have counted - that translates in him being poorly positioned before the free-kick was taken. Also, his penalty was poorly taken. He might've improved a little bit but he still isn't doing enough, and a few runs and dribbles won't change that. He's still lazy, doesn't drop back for the link up, doesn't defend and doesn't track back. At least, if you're horrendous at defense, I expect you to be a real demon in offense.

He's still below average in my book. I hope he keeps on improving though until he makes me revisit my statement.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:47 pm

How do you guys even know that his presence in the dressing room is toxic? I swear, a large amount of the Real Madrid fans on this forum just read gossip news and base it as facts to back up their arguments. It's disgusting. I don't even care about Cristiano. In fact, I would love to see him go. But really... do you ever read an article on a Real Madrid player and think to yourself "this might actually just be gossip"?

Xoxo
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Thimmy wrote:How do you guys even know that his presence in the dressing room is toxic? I swear, a large amount of the Real Madrid fans on this forum just read gossip news and base it as facts to back up their arguments. It's disgusting. I don't even care about Cristiano. In fact, I would love to see him go. But really... do you ever read an article on a Real Madrid player and think to yourself "this might actually just be gossip"?

Xoxo

Funniest thing about it is that I've seen zero gossip about Ronaldo being toxic. It's quite the opposite, he is being credited for a hardworker in trainings and always arriving early.

This forum has the worst type of Madrid fans in the world. Bunch of immature kneejerkers
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:23 pm

guest7 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:How do you guys even know that his presence in the dressing room is toxic? I swear, a large amount of the Real Madrid fans on this forum just read gossip news and base it as facts to back up their arguments. It's disgusting. I don't even care about Cristiano. In fact, I would love to see him go. But really... do you ever read an article on a Real Madrid player and think to yourself "this might actually just be gossip"?

Xoxo

Funniest thing about it is that I've seen zero gossip about Ronaldo being toxic. It's quite the opposite, he is being credited for a hardworker in trainings and always arriving early.

This forum has the worst type of Madrid fans in the world. Bunch of immature kneejerkers

I think we have some knowledgeable and insightful members on here, but the arrogance and delusion of some people, makes it hard to take them seriously. Especially, when you can see through their lies and they still act as if they've provided some kind of exclusive news.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:30 am

Valkyrja wrote:It's not his play. It's impossible to punish him for his football. It's his negative influence in the dressing room that's toxic.

But but his presence isn't toxic Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum