Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
46 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wenger: Mata deal unfair - Page 6 Empty Re: Wenger: Mata deal unfair

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

FFS for the umpteenth time, no one is fkin hating on Wenger. He's mentioned a hypocritical one-sided piece of junk and is being called out for it, especially since the original topic was the Mata to United deal.

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 am

Blue Barrett wrote:FFS for the umpteenth time, no one is fkin hating on Wenger. He's mentioned a hypocritical one-sided piece of junk and is being called out for it, especially since the original topic was the Mata to United deal.

Anyway, I'm done with this.

So what I have to pull up 'shithead'/../../.. comments and quote them to prove the hating? That's not even the point of contention anyway!

The argument is, there is no hypocrisy in what he said. And its logical, not junk. The 'calling out' is misdirected. The thread title reads 'Wenger: Mata deal unfair'.

The transcript of the interview was to prove that the title should be 'Wenger: Winter Transfer Window Unfair'.

Yeah, misquoting and name calling isn't hating at all. Good day to you, sir!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 am

Fairness Laughing That's sooooo cute Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:38 am

You people need to read the full quotes. He said Chelsea did nothing wrong REPEATEDLY so fanboys wouldn't get so butthurt.

All he was saying is that it would be more fair if there were a way to have the market open for EVERYONE once they were all level. It's not fair that some teams have already played others twice, it opens up the market for some and not others because of some arbitrary decision like a scheduling method.

He's right but the argument of "if he doesn't like the rule, he doesn't have to abide by it" is the most stupid thing I've read in this thread.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Mourinho after confirming Mata will have his medical at United

"I still think he could be important for us."

This is what Wenger was talking about^

He didn't say Chelsea did anything wrong because it is within the rules to do that, but he did say that it should be changed so that everyone is on equal footing like it is in Summer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Mou : Wenger complains, because he always does that  rofl 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:10 pm

MJGunner wrote:.....like it is in Summer.

It's not equal footing in the summer if the season starts before the market ends.

I'm going to go away from the fascinating topic on Wenger-bashing to type out my views on this. Feel free to skip this post if you'd rather do so:

In the case of Arsenal, we could well have had different results against Aston Villa this year or against Man Utd (8-2) if the window was shut before the seasons start. You don't expect a team losing 3-1 at home on opening day of the season to be top of the league right now, or a team getting molested 8-2 finishing in the top 4.

Such examples can be brought up for every single club. The market gets active in the last few days after a summer long game of Russian Roulette between clubs. Statistically, that's when majority deals get done. Sky Sports even does a dedicated 'Transfer Deadline Day' special. Unless you are a club with (seemingly) infinite wealth, chances are that you have to wait till then to get bang for your hard earned buck. And points you drop while you are still playing with an incomplete squad aren't magically going to come back later in the season.

The league has become so tight that these points are now the deciding factors in determining who wins the league or who gets relegated.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Mou : Wenger complains, because he always does that  rofl 

So much class Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:33 pm

srigooner wrote:

It's not equal footing in the summer if the season starts before the market ends.

There's a big difference between a match or two while the window is open and the window being open when you've played half of your games and have 5-8 matches during that window too.

Valkyrja wrote:Mou : Wenger complains, because he always does that  rofl 

The ironic one. :bow:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:47 pm

MJGunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

There's a big difference between a match or two while the window is open and the window being open when you've played half of your games and have 5-8 matches during that window too.

No, the problem is fundamentally the same. 1 game lost in the summer (before you get yourself the right player) is 3 points. The bottom 11 are separated right now by 6 points. Corollary : If we had signed Özil before the Aston Villa game, we could be 4 points ahead of City but crucially, Villa would go down from 10 position now (24 points) to 16 position (21 points). The bottom three have 18 points apiece and are separated by GD. (Assumption: all other results/games went the same way).

My point is, it is still not equal footing. Surely, you must see where I am taking this MJ?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:15 pm

My point stands. It's not nearly as pressing as the January window. There's a big difference between playing one match while the window is open (and having 6 weeks prior of nothing) and having played more than half the season in January and still having 15-24 points on the line in the same month.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Jose Mourinho wrote:"Wenger complaining is normal because he always does. It's something we know

"Many clubs, managers, boards feel you don't sell to a rival club, we feel and we think different

“We are not afraid of him doing well at Man United, we want him to be happy and do well at Man United."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Ugh! Read, MJ. I am not saying your point is invalid. I am adding to it, saying summer window could also impact the positions of clubs. I do not agree on which is a lesser evil and which is not. A flaw in the system is just that, a flaw - no matter how big or small it is. Let's just leave it at that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:21 pm

M99 wrote:
Jose Mourinho wrote:"Wenger complaining is normal because he always does. It's something we know

"Many clubs, managers, boards feel you don't sell to a rival club, we feel and we think different

“We are not afraid of him doing well at Man United, we want him to be happy and do well at Man United."

Yeah, see, that's what doesn't help now. If you are the manager of a big club, atleast handle yourself with some class instead of namecalling and passing snide remarks about others in the media, or poking the eye of the opposition assistant coach. Geez!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Mourinho has admitted that the club blocked the deal at the last minute, with the eleventh hour bid meaning Wenger had no time left to go after another target, having already missed out on Gonzalo Higuain and Luis Suarez earlier in the summer.

“Ozil is unique,” said Mourinho, who coached the German during his three years at Real Madrid. “There is no copy of him – not even a bad one. He is the best number 10 in the world. He makes things very easy for me and for his team-mates with his football vision and the decisions he makes.

“Everyone loves him and sees a bit of Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane in him.

We didn’t accept Arsenal’s offer for Demba Ba because the signing of Ozil makes them title contenders.

Double standards much, Jose? And the media will just line up to suck his c*ck.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Manuel Pellegrini insists Manchester United's £37million Juan Mata transfer is unfair

"Juan Mata is a very good player and it was strange he didn't play more often at Chelsea this season," said Pellegrini.

"I think United are buying a very good player. Personally I don't agree that a player can go from one team to another in the same league in this part of the year.

"But the rules are rules and he can change clubs. I think that if a player plays for a club for more than half a season and maybe that club - one with the most money - can take the best players from the other teams.

"I don't think teams should be able to do that at this stage of the season, but the rules allow it, so there's nothing to say about it."

"I am not talking just about the reasons of Arsene Wenger," said Pellegrini. "He has his reasons and maybe those reasons are correct.

"I just think that, in any case, a player who plays half a season for one club cannot join another in the same league. It's my opinion.

"Maybe United has the advantage in this case, because Chelsea wanted to sell Mata. All the other reasons, like Chelsea having already played United twice, can be important reasons.

"But I am talking about general reasons, not specific reasons. In think players who play five or six games for one club, cannot join another in the same league."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/juan-mata-transfer-manuel-pellegrini-3057682#.UuJ5Bvso7Dc
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:40 pm

srigooner wrote:Ugh! Read, MJ. I am not saying your point is invalid. I am adding to it, saying summer window could also impact the positions of clubs. I do not agree on which is a lesser evil and which is not. A flaw in the system is just that, a flaw - no matter how big or small it is. Let's just leave it at that.

I'm not looking at principles. I'm looking at it pragmatically and if we're going to look at it that way then the January window represents a month where teams can make advantageous transfers they wouldn't be able to make with, say, only one match to play at the end of the month.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 pm

I love how both Wenger and Pellegrini are sh*tting it now that we have Mata.

They know once we get RVP and Rooney back, plus Mata, we're gonna be a serious problem for them when we face them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:00 pm

-----RVP
Rooney-Mata-Januzaj

hmm :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Funny how Pellegrini and other managers agree with Wenger, yet some thick fans on here like the Chelsea fan and the other Real Madrid fan get mad over nothing. Get over it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:06 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Funny how Pellegrini and other managers agree with Wenger, yet some thick fans on here like the Chelsea fan and the other Real Madrid fan get mad over nothing. Get over it.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 pm

RED wrote:I love how both Wenger and Pellegrini are sh*tting it now that we have Mata.

They know once we get RVP and Rooney back, plus Mata, we're gonna be a serious problem for them when we face them.

Of course they're not happy about it. Why on earth would they be happy a team they have to face got stronger? Laughing

It's the timing of the deal. Like Wenger said, Mata could have been sold before Chelsea played United.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:24 pm

And Wenger is the one complaining. Laughing

Showing all the self-awareness of a drink-driving Justin Bieber, Mourinho then went out of his way to make clear that the real victims of world football are Chelsea whose run of games compared to Arsenal’s is apparently ‘always’ unfavourable.

“I think what is not fair is that his team always has the best days to play. Always. Always. In the Capital One Cup, we had to play 24 hours after. They had 72 hours. That’s not fair.

“This week, a week without a midweek game, what everyone wants to do is play before to rest ahead of next week. One plays on Friday, another on Sunday. Who plays Friday? Who plays Sunday?

“When you go to the fixtures this season, it’s never fair because they always get the right to rest and the right time to play. It’s fantastic. That’s not fair.”

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:31 pm

LMFAOOOO
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

srigooner wrote:And Wenger is the one complaining. Laughing

Showing all the self-awareness of a drink-driving Justin Bieber, Mourinho then went out of his way to make clear that the real victims of world football are Chelsea whose run of games compared to Arsenal’s is apparently ‘always’ unfavourable.

“I think what is not fair is that his team always has the best days to play. Always. Always. In the Capital One Cup, we had to play 24 hours after. They had 72 hours. That’s not fair.

“This week, a week without a midweek game, what everyone wants to do is play before to rest ahead of next week. One plays on Friday, another on Sunday. Who plays Friday? Who plays Sunday?

“When you go to the fixtures this season, it’s never fair because they always get the right to rest and the right time to play. It’s fantastic. That’s not fair.”

Wenger: Mata deal unfair - Page 6 Quiet-cropped
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:02 pm

srigooner wrote:

Mourinho has admitted that the club blocked the deal at the last minute, with the eleventh hour bid meaning Wenger had no time left to go after another target, having already missed out on Gonzalo Higuain and Luis Suarez earlier in the summer.

“Ozil is unique,” said Mourinho, who coached the German during his three years at Real Madrid. “There is no copy of him – not even a bad one. He is the best number 10 in the world. He makes things very easy for me and for his team-mates with his football vision and the decisions he makes.

“Everyone loves him and sees a bit of Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane in him.

We didn’t accept Arsenal’s offer for Demba Ba because the signing of Ozil makes them title contenders.

Double standards much, Jose? And the media will just line up to suck his c*ck.

Its not hard to grasp the simple concept that he hates Arsenal, especially Wenger, and he has a decent relationship with United(he's very close to Sir Alex).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next