urbaNRoots
Helmer
Ganso
halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
98 posters

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V2

Post by vivabarca38 Mon 26 Aug - 23:49:39

Oh,so bad of Chelsea fans to support the manager because you have to do whatever it takes in football to achieve the result you want.

Fact is,If Mou had won more trophies with Real,The fans would never had criticized him for playing shitty football.

vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V2

Post by Le Samourai Mon 26 Aug - 23:53:06

Blue Barrett wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Chelsea fans know nothing else.
Says the one whom Capello once managed.
Well, Capello's time at the club was quite short. A single year out of 111 is very rarely defining. Though I do think what happened under Capello does define us in a strange, symbolic way, or at least the club we once were.

For reference

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 26 Aug - 23:54:08

Suarez99 wrote:They booed Rafa for bringing on defenders when drawing, lets not forget that.

Chelsea fans Rolling Eyes :facepalm: 
Because we needed all 3 points. We were fighting for a CL spot. On the other hand, this is the 3rd game of the season with a new manager(Rafa had played a lot games with the team before that).

Not to mention, we already hated Rafa. How many fans did you hear booing RDM when we were losing & playing shit under him?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 26 Aug - 23:56:17

Le Samourai wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Chelsea fans know nothing else.
Says the one whom Capello once managed.
Well, Capello's time at the club was quite short. A single year out of 111 is very rarely defining. Though I do think what happened under Capello does define us in a strange, symbolic way, or at least the club we once were.

For reference

Pulling out one video like I can't pull out some Madrid clips on youtube playing crisp football under Mourinho Laughing Highlights and all Laughing

Fact is, don't act like you haven't had boring football either. I guarantee you, you'll have some matches like this under Carlo.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Mon 26 Aug - 23:57:29

May I remind you they won 1-0 at OT.
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 27 Aug - 0:04:07

vivabarca38 wrote:Fact is,If Mou had won more trophies with Real,The fans would never had criticized him for playing shitty football.
Indeed.All this hate towards him is coming from the fact that they got owned by a superior Dortmund team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 27 Aug - 0:04:58

S wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:Fact is,If Mou had won more trophies with Real,The fans would never had criticized him for playing shitty football.
Indeed.All this hate towards him is coming from the fact that they got owned by a superior Dortmund team.
Both incredibly accurate posts.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 27 Aug - 0:05:19

I'm hardly someone who cries about the type of football teams play...except maybe my own. Even there, teamwork and functionality are the only ideals I hold.

I merely responded by someone who sought to compare our fans to yours. Your greatest successes has been achieved by exactly the type of football we saw tonight, of course you cheer it. There is little wrong with that. On the other hand, Madrid fans have had different experiences and hold the team to different standards (some I don't always concur with).

It's not a big deal really...but if you took offence to my comment...I apologize.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 27 Aug - 0:06:11

S wrote:
Were they a more talented team? Or a better coached team?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 27 Aug - 0:07:09

Le Samourai wrote:
S wrote:
He said they were superior.... doesn't matter why they were fact is they were.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 27 Aug - 0:07:32

Le Samourai wrote:I'm hardly someone who cries about the type of football teams play...except maybe my own. Even there, teamwork and functionality are the only ideals I hold.

I merely responded by someone who sought to compare our fans to yours. Your greatest successes has been achieved by exactly the type of football we saw tonight, of course you cheer it. There is little wrong with that. On the other hand, Madrid fans have had different experiences and hold the team to different standards (some I don't always concur with).

It's not a big deal really...but if you took offence to my comment...I apologize.
Of course not, why would I take offense to it? Its just that I've been seeing so many hypocritical/knee-jerk comments and yours came across that way. Fair play for clearing it up though. Thumbs up
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 27 Aug - 0:09:49

Not gonna win over Americans with games like this. This was one to forget.

Would've been better off showing Cardiff or Norwich or some team like those in this slot...those teams will absolutely go for it and it's those teams that I will be watching more than in previous seasons.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 27 Aug - 0:12:41

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
S wrote:Indeed.All this hate towards him is coming from the fact that they got owned by a superior Dortmund team.
It's everything.

They say we wouldn't care if Mourinhio had just won. Of course. But why don't we win? Poor coaching, poor preparation, a lack of decorum and a petulance on our coach's part. So he plays poor football, and we lose as a direct result of his incompetence.

What are we supposed to do? Celebrate his genius?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue 27 Aug - 0:19:15

I'm eager to see how will United play at Anfield on Sunday. Moyes will probably replace Welbeck with Kagawa and to be honest, I would use Valencia as a fullback instead of Jones.

Nani would be perfect on the right wing, if not... I still prefer Welbeck over Young. However, I don't think that Nani will be fit and fully recovered until Sunday.

I hope Moyes will play a more offensive football. I don't want to watch another boring game. This kind of derbys deserve more...
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue 27 Aug - 0:35:00

Le Samourai wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Were they a more talented team? Or a better coached team?
It's everything.

They say we wouldn't care if Mourinhio had just won. Of course. But why don't we win? Poor coaching, poor preparation, a lack of decorum and a petulance on our coach's part. So he plays poor football, and we lose as a direct result of his incompetence.

Dortmund were better coached and had a better team. When you have Pepe and Ramos as cbs every game is a lottery
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Tue 27 Aug - 0:40:44

Exactly.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue 27 Aug - 0:40:54

jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He said they were superior.... doesn't matter why they were fact is they were.
It's everything.

Dortmund were better coached and had a better team. When you have Pepe and Ramos as cbs every game is a lottery
thank god someone else thinks like this :bow:
i'm saying for years that ramos is sh/t defender
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 27 Aug - 4:13:51

I'm not sure if I should continue this. This thread isn't the place. This topic is one I especially hate...because I'm probably the only Ramos fan in the place...and whatever I do...it probably won't make a difference. That being said - I'll go ahead.

In neither leg were Pepe and Ramos paired at centre back. In the deciding first leg...it was Pepe-Varane. Pepe essentially caused three goals, he was a disaster.

Mourinhio had no basis for starting Pepe, it was maybe his 2nd game back from injury, Ramos and Varane meshed well. He made a conscious decision to play him. A decision that, in my opinion, was the leading reason for our loss. In the other leg, we played Ramos and Varane. Ramos was MOTM.

I'm not going to get engaged in a irrelevant debate about either defender, that's been done. If you need to shovel some dirt on either, bump one of the many existing threads created for exactly that purpose - or feel free to create a new one to add your own unique flavor of hateraid.

For good measure, Hummels was also pretty poor defensively in both legs...despite the enormous effort the entire Dortmund team put out applying pressure in every important zone on the pitch. So I don't think you should rely, I wouldn't say that the individual strength of their centrebacks is the defining quality which carries their talent level over the top.

Dortmund were better coached and were the better team over the course of both legs. Why? because of both the short term and long term ineptitude of Mourinhio. If the argument is that we were inferior on a completely base level, I'm not having it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue 27 Aug - 5:51:49

Gross game but Mou got exactly what he wanted. I feel as though maybe we should have given it a bit more considering it's so early on in the season and 3 points would have really put daylight between us but really the 3 points were united's to lose so it's a decent result.

If Cleverly could shoot United would have won easily, so glad he's a scrub.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 27 Aug - 9:36:02

While people are accusing Mourinho of defensive tactics, United weren't exactly going for it all guns blazing either. Roy Hodgson probably still has a boner for Carrick's & Cleverley's defensive abilities having watched that performance.

But the game was too early in the season, both managers feeling a bit of pressure to get off to a good start in their new jobs. If there ever was a game that needed a goal to open up, it was this one. Disappointing dislay, but meh, next weekend is going to be a treat.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Tue 27 Aug - 13:28:57

Im not sure about that "too early in the season".

There have been loads of epic matches in August/september.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 27 Aug - 13:45:14

That was the 3rd game of the season for us. Yes, its too early in the season.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 27 Aug - 13:52:15

whatever, I am expecting that next weekend will be really interesting with some enthralling fixtures like:
liverpool v man u
arsenal v spurs
bounce

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 27 Aug - 13:58:37

Arsenal vs Spurs Proud Lamela will probably be done by then
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue 27 Aug - 14:05:49

halamadrid2 wrote:Arsenal vs Spurs :proud:Lamela will probably be done by then
Lamel,a Capoue, Soldado to face their first a$$ whooping Proud
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Tue 27 Aug - 14:22:54

Spurs has a decent record against Arsenal the last 3-4 years. They have won more games than they have lost vs Arsenal in that span.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next