McAgger
Sina
SUPERCARTTS
EL Patron
RedOranje
65 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:They say Liverpool will rebuff any Madrid attempt at signing Suarez. Any Suarez sale probably depends on if Liverpool can find a suitable replacement, which is doubtful this late in the window.

But you'd imagine that if Madrid are seriously going after Suarez, they may be open to letting Benzema leave.

On another note, I wouldn't mind Podolski leaving if it meant Di Maria coming in.
but that would just mean that we make you (arsenal) pay for our suarez bid Laughing

i dont really buy it tho, i am waiting to see what my spanish journalists are saying about it

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by REWB Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Telegraph: Arsenal to sign 5 players before the deadline; Benzema, di María, Cabaye, Flamini & Guaita most likely. http://bit.ly/1f5CaYt
this would be an amazing summer
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:25 am

EL Patron wrote:I can already guess Grimandi's list

Ruffier
Mavuba,
Bakambu,
Yaya Banana,
Steve Mandana,
Corchia,
Pedretti,
Gignac
Boudebouz
Genuine lolz over here
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:38 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
EL Patron wrote:I can already guess Grimandi's list

Ruffier
Mavuba,
Bakambu,
Yaya Banana,
Steve Mandana,
Corchia,
Pedretti,
Gignac
Boudebouz
Genuine lolz over here
we were linked with Banana a while ago
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

Blid reporting Podolski could move to Schalke on loan. hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:48 am

Podolski leaving on loan? I really don't know how Wenger has failed to get the best out of a players who was top notch for Cologne and has a respectable international strike rate for Germany.

Further proof that Wenger has lot his touch with having to deal with a number of big players?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:53 am

surely some high profile signing in his position should arrive then hmm
but even then don't we need little bit of depth
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:55 am

I think it's more to do with Podolski wanting a first team spot in a World Cup year. Germany do have a lot of talented attackers and Podolski is by no means a certainty to be called up. Right now he's not playing ahead of Cazorla or Giroud - if we sign Di Maria and another striker as well then we'd see very little of him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 am

Podolski, imo, is good enough to command a starting birth at Arsenal. He's showed, besides his stint at Bayern, that he's up to the challenge.

I understand, with the influx of German talent being unearther almost daily, he feels his position is by no means guaranteed. I just find it hard to believe that we didn't get the most out of him..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 am

Podolski doesn't really have a shot at second striker due to how Arsenal usually play and his position at LW/LF is under heavy competition from not only Cazorla (our best player IMO, and Wenger likes to put a playmaker in that spot) but also the Ox before he got injured. If Arsenal played a 4-4-2, with the right players, Podolski would maybe shine. (Not saying Arsenal should play 4-4-2, mind you.) In addition to intermittent starts & sub appearances, it was Poldi's first year in a new league. So it's understandable why he hasn't been at his best over the past year.

He's been very professional in his time with Arsenal thus far. I think the guy's attitude is great, especially considering that he has gotten way fewer minutes than you'd expect for a guy making somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k/wk. I can see some of the cold logic of letting him go, either loan or permanent, if we were to see someone like Angel di Maria arrive. LW is sort of a tight position in terms of bodies who can do a job there. But I'd be sad to bid him adieu. Think he's a solid player and by all appearances just a solid dude overall. I hope we can keep & rotate him.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:11 am

Podolski has a great left foot and can finish but he is subpar in everything else

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 am

do we need Guaita..

yes he is good, but common.. Szcz is ok
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 am

man if Flamini comes.. I might cry..

i remember back in 2008 when him and cesc will tear up anything..figuratively
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:30 am

aleumdance wrote:do we need Guaita..

yes he is good, but common.. Szcz is ok
Guaita is a better keeper than Szczesny is. Szczesny is talented but his prone to making mistakes and rash decisions that can cost us goals.

Personally, I'm concerned that Szczesny hasn't really improved despite being first choice keeper for two full seasons now, whereas someone like De Gea has.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 am

if Guaita comes, Fabianski has to go..Sad
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:58 am

aleumdance wrote:if Guaita comes, Fabianski has to go..Sad
:bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59 am

Just a quick question: Am I the only one that would take Michu for £25m over Benzema for £40m?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:05 am

I have no faith in szcz. Every time we concede I feel like maybe if we had a better keeper it might have been prevented.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 am

no.. i prefer Michu too....

but WEnger loves Benzema..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 am

El Gunner wrote:Just a quick question: Am I the only one that would take Michu for £25m over Benzema for £40m?
You're not the only one.

But I'm not among you. Benzema > Michu every day of the week IMO. £25m for Michu would be overpaying somewhat for a good (but sometimes inconsistent) player. £40m for Benzema would be paying roughly market value for a really great (but sometimes inconsistent) player.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:57 am

I rather have Chamkah back than pay 25m for Michu. I would not pay more than 10m for Michu and I am being nice.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:43 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I rather have Chamkah back than pay 25m for Michu. I would not pay more than 10m for Michu and I am being nice.

This.

I don't know what's up with this window but apparently since the season ended Benzema is now somehow at bendtners level and bale is Cr7 part 2
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:55 am

I would be absolutely f**ing in shock if Wenger spends that kind of money, even if its on his favorite son benzy

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:00 am

I have this strange feeling that Podolski will be gone before the window ends.Crying or Very sad

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/schalke/poldi-soll-als-leihgabe-kommen-31942924.bild.html

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:08 am

anyone get the feeling that liverpool will forcefully keep suarez just so benzema doesnt come to arsenal? Laughing i have a feeling liverpool could do that, them ass holes.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:18 am

Liverpool don't care about Arsenal beyond not selling players to them. LFC WILL fight to keep Suarez from joining Madrid, but because the club doesn't want to lose such an important player with no time to replace him. Don't be paranoid.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next