RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 20 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:I'm assuminh £12m + Bendtner which is equal to £10m silent
Thumbs upLaughing

btw. media taking a u turn.. now reporting that Suarez never said he is staying at Liverpool..
Suarez never ever wanted to join us his dream move is madrid he used our interest in him to stir madrid up to make a bid he had no intention of signing for us.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm assuminh £12m + Bendtner which is equal to £10m silent
LOL
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 pm

There are reports that Suárez just confirmed after the match Uruguay vs Japan he didn’t say he wanted to stay at Liverpool.Laughing
hahahaha lol the suarez saga continues...
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm

On another note, the real Raptor is back. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Its difficult to sign big name players for Arsenal when they havent been successful on the pitch all these years and are not the dominant force in England at this point.
I know its easy to jump on Wenger but just because you are Arsenal and have a worldwide appeal doesnt mean WC players will be begging to join you.Money cannot be used as an argument because the club wants to spend efficiently and not recklessly like oil teams.Say for example you pay insane wages for Suarez,who is to say other players in the team wouldnt want parity ? That would be a difficult situation for the club to handle.
I can understand the frustration of not signing players like Gustavo for instance who is a necessity for the team but i think some of you need to cut some slack on Wenger when it comes to pursuing those 'in demand' top class players.I think 2-3 quality additions would improve the team which i think is ultimately more important than bringing in a player just because he is a 'big name' and has a high profile image.This in my opinion.(Ignore what i say on GS as i am mainly trolling).
*Back to reading this thread/section with interest*
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 pm

srigooner wrote:On another note, the real Raptor is back. :coffee:
I am still calm,lol we still have time to turn it around I hope. The good and bad news is EPL starts in 3 days. At the moment all i see is a great starting 11, with nothing to back it up.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:48 pm

S wrote:Its difficult to sign big name players for Arsenal when they havent been successful on the pitch all these years and are not the dominant force in England at this point.
I know its easy to jump on Wenger but just because you are Arsenal and have a worldwide appeal doesnt mean WC players will be begging to join you.Money cannot be used as an argument because the club wants to spend efficiently and not recklessly like oil teams.Say for example you pay insane wages for Suarez,who is to say other players in the team wouldnt want parity ? That would be a difficult situation for the club to handle.
I can understand the frustration of not signing players like Gustavo for instance who is a necessity for the team but i think some of you need to cut some slack on Wenger when it comes to pursuing those 'in demand' top class players.I think 2-3 quality additions would improve the team which i think is ultimately more important than bringing in a player just because he is a 'big name' and has a high profile image.This in my opinion.(Ignore what i say on GS as i am mainly trolling).
*Back to reading this thread/section with interest*
1. Suarez has been begging to join us
2. Its not reckless we can afford it easily
3. brah we already have Walcott on stupid wages
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 pm

1.Hmmm...I dont quite think so.Each to their own but i believe in quotes more than newspapers running stories.
2.I know what you're saying but i meant to say the club isnt going to spend it recklessly just because you can afford to do it.Check Bayern for instance.
3.I read it somewhere it was 100-120K ? Correct me if am wrong.I was talking hypothetically.What if you sign a player on 180-200k wages ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Didn't you see suarez' exclusive interview with the telegraph? was practically crying to leave Liverpool, and we know the only club talking with him was arsenal

Anyway don't remember the exact figure for Walcott, think podolski is on even more

we have saved about £20m in wages this season by getting rid of "deadwood" players. Is not like we are low on cash
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:04 pm

"@bbcsport_david: Flamini training at #afc to stay fit (double sessions). Offers from Italy but open to all options, will decide in next 10 days #bbcsportsday"

inb4 Arsene switches target from Gustavo to Flamini *laughs hysterically*
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Napoli make eleventh hour bid to beat Arsenal to signing of Bayern midfielder Gustavo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2392311/Napoli-rival-Arsenal-signing-Luiz-Gustavo.html
-

It seems to me Napoli are using us, whomever Arsenal want, they want it even more.lol

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Didn't you see suarez' exclusive interview with the telegraph? was practically crying to leave Liverpool, and we know the only club talking with him was arsenal
Or he was hoping other clubs show interest by publicly saying to the press that he wanted to leave ?

Anyway don't remember the exact figure for Walcott, think podolski is on even more

we have saved about £20m in wages this season by getting rid of "deadwood" players. Is not like we are low on cash
ffs i dint say you are low on cash.Arsenal can spend but they still have a proper wage structure.I'll be quoting your own board member : "We can compete but on a certain level".This i read in that swiss ramble article.Yes you can spend large amounts but at the same time will also look to maintain the financial balance that has been created at the club.

You can even offer 12m in wages to one player but that will cause imbalance and the parity factor comes into play which could unsettle one or two players.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:17 pm

we need to Bid for Insigne just to force Napoli Back off!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:27 pm

S wrote:
Or he was hoping other clubs show interest by publicly saying to the press that he wanted to leave

Yeah, the fact that he was involved in a transfer saga with arsenal at the time just means absolutely nothing. Take your fking anti arsenal glasses off if you are posting in this section

S wrote:

ffs i dint say you are low on cash.Arsenal can spend but they still have a proper wage structure.I'll be quoting your own board member : "We can compete but on a certain level".This i read in that swiss ramble article.Yes you can spend large amounts but at the same time will also look to maintain the financial balance that has been created at the club.

You can even offer 12m in wages to one player but that will cause imbalance and the parity factor comes into play which could unsettle one or two players.

ffs I didn't accuse you of saying anything. Read carefully ffs

that "proper wage" structure is partly what has dragged this club down, there is nothing "proper" about overpaying scrubs and underpaying the best players
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Suarez did not say he was staying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23695857

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 pm

that link says he hasn't contacted Liverpool. It does nothing to refute the report that he said he staying

obviously though his relationship with liverpool is yet to be fixed
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:13 pm

489 comments and not a bean spent.

Here's my take on this.

1. Gazidis put the ball firmly in Wenger's court a day or two after the Newcastle game. He said the money is there and it's up to Arsene to spend it. We can afford Rooney's wages. However, what Wenger wants and what the fans want may not be the same thing. That's pretty much what he said. I don't think he's lying.

2. Our squad is thin. We're so close to being a title winning side in my opinion. If we had signed Higauin, Fellaini or Gustavo and Cesar....I think we really could challenge. Hoe can Wenger not see this?

3. With a few days to go...we've signed a freebie from France. Injury prone but useful. Maybe he'll be really good in a few years. But why are we waiting?

4. The Suarez fiasco. Liverpool are a basketcase of a club. We decide to annoy them with a + one pound bid. I knew the minute I saw that bid we were doomed. Ok, we maybe thought he had a release clause...but there is a thing in business called 'goodwill'. We burnt all our bridges with Liverpool right there. Why not bid 40.3m? It may have worked.

5. Gustavo. So obvious we could do with him. Nothing happening. Why? Here's my next take...

...I'm starting to think that Wenger is either mad or carrying a grudge after that Swansea game in which he and the team were booed off the park. He'd never really had that before at that volume. Is he off to PSG next year and doesn't want to strengthen a CL rival (us)? He's making me go nuts now. Thing is, I can't explain his actions. He's either mad, out of date or bearing a grudge.

I will say, if he does sign a few decent players before Sept 2, then all is forgiven.

I really think Sanogo is our lot.

Still, COYG!

..and I will join the Wenger out mob if he doesn't spend.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:24 pm

The truth is that arsene knows exactly what he want. He is really not looking for anyone that's going to walk into our starting XI but is rather looking for depth, basically looking for decent squad players.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 pm

According to 'Welt' sources, Luiz Gustavo has signed with VfL Wolfsburg.

http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern-muenchen/article119030886/Luiz-Gustavo-wechselt-zum-VfL-Wolfsburg.html

Apparently he'll confirm this in tomorrow's press conference

Meltdown in 3... 2... 1...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:30 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:According to 'Welt' sources, Luiz Gustavo has signed with VfL Wolfsburg.

http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern-muenchen/article119030886/Luiz-Gustavo-wechselt-zum-VfL-Wolfsburg.html

Apparently he'll confirm this in tomorrow's press conference

Meltdown in 3... 2... 1...
Bayern would let the player go for less as long as that's the team Gustavo wants to join. I dont think we showed any real interest in him. Another ones bites the dust, what a summer.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Yeah agreed... it made too much sense to sign him Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:33 pm

But then, Sky Germany are apparently saying he'll be joining us before the Villa game.

Preparing my righteous fury all the same, though.

...I'm starting to think that Wenger is either mad or carrying a grudge after that Swansea game in which he and the team were booed off the park. He'd never really had that before at that volume. Is he off to PSG next year and doesn't want to strengthen a CL rival (us)? He's making me go nuts now. Thing is, I can't explain his actions. He's either mad, out of date or bearing a grudge.
Wenger loves the club too much to intentionally hurt it like that.

What I think is more likely is that he's merely being stubborn. He's got his ideas about how the market should be and how Arsenal should operate in it. It's like he's fallen out of love with the transfer market and won't take part in it out of principle. If he can't find what he deems to be value for money he won't buy at all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Unfortunately Sky are quoting Daily Mirror on that one Sad

While 'Welt' are quoting their own sources, which are usually reliable but let's wait till tomorrow, Luiz will tell us in a press conference.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Arsene really believes that his core squad is good enough... and i agree with him, i think ramsey is finally past his injury and will beast out this year, same goes for giroud. dont be surprised if he only gets someone like nzonzi, mccarthy, and some young unknown CB

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Did I miss anyone?:whistle: 
Rooney ✖️
Julio Cesar ✖️
Fellaini ✖️
Fabregas ✖️
Jovetic ✖️
Higuain ✖️
Bernard ✖️
Suarez ✖️
Gustavo ✖️
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Gustavo to Wolfsburg according to multiple reports in Germany.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next