RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:04 pm

for that ^ to happen Wilshere needs to seriously put in his shift and lure Woonay in. Would be nice to have Wayne Rooney playing for us.

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Rooney rofl 

What a ****
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Personally I hope Wenger does everything in his power to pry Rooney from Man Utd. The only available forward option who'd be feasibly "world-class" or whatever. He might be revitalized by a new challenge.

By the way, I've got Valladolid v Bilbao on now and wondered what's happened with Muniain? The guy is still young and my understanding (and occasional watching) is that he's been sort of a hot-and-cold player as he's developed. But he was like the Next Big Thing for Spanish football until Isco swooped in and took his place. Do people think Muniain still has a really bright future ahead of him?

(Or, hell, another Bilbao player - Ander Herrera. Arsenal tried to get him a few years ago, I think.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Ha, just after I posted that I checked Twitter

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk 7m

If you follow Arsenal you might want to tune in to Athletic Bilbao vs Valladolid (just kicked off) 1/2

Have on good authority that the Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera is wanted by Arsenal 2/2
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Is he anygood Chum? WHat would he offer to the team? I am avoiding twitter today ... its not good for the heart, or your blood pressure for that matter.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Herrera is not a holding midfielder so we really don't need him right now, but he's a great player. He's the modern day Spanish midfielder with excellent technique and high intelligence. As far as I know, he's going to be given more license to go forward this season, with Benat taking his role in Athletic's pivot.

Muniain is still young, and like most young talents is struggling for consistency. I think he found it harder to find under Bielsa, who always demanded 100% physical effort from his players. He may find it easier under Valverde.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Ander Herrara? Yeah he's quite good I think. I don't follow any particular Liga teams week in week out, so my knowledge of his overall form is spotty. But he's been very strong for Athletic Bilbao the last few seasons. If Arsenal are really interested, though, it won't appease fans who want a straight-up Capoue type anchor man who lays back and defends the back four. But he's smart. And frankly, I think that players in La Liga are really just the cream of the crop these days - any solid Spanish league player would be a useful acquisition, at the very least, right now.

Phil Ball wrote this about him last year: "Ander Herrera, looks like he's 12 but is in fact 23. His period at Zaragoza has taught him how to pause the play, when to rush in and when not to. Apart from his worrying tendency to pick up red cards, he is currently the Basque club's best player, and you get the feeling that he is the real thing - a future star at national level."
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Jay beating me to the punch. :facepalm: 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 pm

He just played a wonderful pass into Susaeta - another good player at Atheltic.

If we signed him he'd definitely have to play instead of Ramsey or Wilshere.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Arsenal need world class players. Not good players.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Bilbao never, ever sells its players. It's actually a part of the club laws. You either have to pay the release clause (every single player has a 35 mil or more clause) or you need to wait for their contracts to run out.

Waste of time thinking about it tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Guys, please save your rants for Wednesday night, Fernebache will dismantle us.... Sow, Webo, Eminike, Kuyt, Meireles......

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:32 pm

JGUNZ wrote:Guys, please save your rants for Wednesday night,  Fernebache will dismantle us.... Sow, Webo, Eminike, Kuyt, Meireles......
i was confident that we would win the this until i saw arteta got injured and we didnt sign anyone.

guys this is passion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:on why it's so difficult to buy players for Arsenal…
We take our work seriously and believe me, we analyse every single player in the world. We work 24 hours a day for that. When we make decisions, we take it seriously. People try to think we do not want to spend. We want [to]. We are ready to buy players.
rofl rofl rofl rofl 
Wenger is a *bleep* joke.
So...

They analysed 24/7 likes of Park, Santos, Gervinho, Chamakh and co...

Guys, lets just relax and let the old man dissapear in peace.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:14 am

I must be one of the few people on this site that is calm about the season. You cant blame Wenger for what happened today. That red card ruined it for us.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:17 am

Jovetic 25M
Bernard 20M
Imbula 7M

2 months ago they would look like overpriced/unnecessary  signing now Great business if only..... ;(

stek got injured in before stockdale turn to God vs us

that nonexistent defence vs Taarabt/Berb/Ruiz
God forbid if we concede 1st

Last edited by Sina on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:I must be one of the few people on this site that is calm about the season. You cant blame Wenger for what happened today. That red card  ruined it for us.
i won't fully blame him for this game, as the ref was shite... but i am gonna to do so for the next few because we have thin squad and half of them are injured.... he should have fully well expected we would get another injury in Defense
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 am

You guys are a depressive bunch. I think I am going to print screen this page... and bring it back when Arsenal go on their 7-8 unbeaten run. What happened today was hardly an indication of what we are to expect of our team this season.

Yes, I agree wenger should have been prepared with the injuries... but let me ask you all this ..

Is the transfer window closed yet?
Was it because of the lack of the injured players that we lost the game?

no and no
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:27 am

I admire Arsenalfaithfull's pragmatism and patience. I used to be like that. But the lack of signings when we're sitting on a gold mine, coupled with the fact that we got SLAUGHTERED by Aston f*cking Villa, at home, on the opening day of the season, has left my morale and optimism down the toilet
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:38 am

Lex wrote:I admire Arsenalfaithfull's pragmatism and patience. I used to be like that. But the lack of signings when we're sitting on a gold mine, coupled with the fact that we got SLAUGHTERED by Aston f*cking Villa, at home, on the opening day of the season, has left my morale and optimism down the toilet
I understand the criticism homes. I use to get riled up aswell. But knowing our team, our system and our manager... I know that we will pull through. Plus, In reality how many of us really expected our team to push for the league title this year? Maybe I am just used to us having a slow start.

But I hope this does act as a wake up call for our board (especially if Tottenham blow their opponents out of the water tomorrow). I think if we grab a decent DM and a CB we will be alright.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-new-lars-bender-2178482

30M for Lars Bender and
40M for Roonay
if player absolutely improves us and is exactly what we need who cares who much they cost and we get top player in the end

whats the point of panic buying which would at best be level of Arteta/Per which would help but Not bolster options
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:45 am

Sina wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-new-lars-bender-2178482

30M for Lars Bender and
40M for Roonay
if player absolutely improves us and is exactly what we need who cares who much they cost and we get top player in the end

whats the point of panic buying which would at best be level of Arteta/Per which would help but Not bolster options
THe only problem I see with that is ... why would those teams sell at this point ?

Our best option is probably to get a Benayoun like loan
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:55 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
Lex wrote:I admire Arsenalfaithfull's pragmatism and patience. I used to be like that. But the lack of signings when we're sitting on a gold mine, coupled with the fact that we got SLAUGHTERED by Aston f*cking Villa, at home, on the opening day of the season, has left my morale and optimism down the toilet
I understand the criticism  homes. I use to get riled up aswell. But knowing our team, our system and our manager... I know that we will pull through. Plus, In reality how many of us really expected our team to push for the league title this year?  Maybe I am just used to us having a slow start.

But I hope this does act as a wake up call for our board (especially if Tottenham blow their opponents out of the water tomorrow). I think if we grab a decent DM and a CB we will be alright.

The point is this is way too familiar,,,, we could actually fast forward 8-17-14 and the mood in the forum would be exactly the same.... off course Wenger will buy the bare minimum by deadline day and we will squeeze into fourth place again.... But we are tired of this same bullshit over and over... Wenger used to be a top manager but somewhere along the way he became a company man and lost all ambitions....

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 am

On the bright side maybe after getting ripped apart today by Villa, United will be more willing to sell Rooney to us rofl 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 am

Butt wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:I must be one of the few people on this site that is calm about the season. You cant blame Wenger for what happened today. That red card  ruined it for us.
i won't fully blame him for this game, as the ref was shite... but i am gonna to do so for the next few because we have thin squad and half of them are injured.... he should have fully well expected we would get another injury in Defense
Precisely. It's not like this is the first time Wenger has poorly prepared with lack of adequate personnel.

The players didn't play well but everyone should know that we're going to be dropping points without Arteta in this team.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:On the bright side maybe after getting ripped apart today by Villa, United will be more willing to sell Rooney to us rofl 
True.. but why would he want to join after seeing you getting ripped apart?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next