RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:50 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:RG has been gone for like, one day.. And we've all already started our spiral into negitivity and insanity

The transfer window's been open for like, all summer... And we've yet to spend any money

lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:52 am

lenear1030 wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:RG has been gone for like, one day.. And we've all already started our spiral into negitivity and insanity
The transfer window's been open for like, all summer... And we've yet to spend any money
It's ok, neither have we (net, anyway).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:17 am

lenear1030 wrote:
The window isn't closed. As long as its still open we can make moves that will make a difference. Tottenham, and city got better, but Chelsea and united really haven't done anything note worthy either. Well be fine. Wenger will spend soon
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 am

In one week we'll be sitting here with Gustavo, an almost-completed deal for a prominent striker and decent CB, and Bendtner will have finally agreed personal terms with a club worthy of his talent. Don't worry boys Wink
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:18 am

Eman wrote:In one week we'll be sitting here with Gustavo, an almost-completed deal for a prominent striker and decent CB, and Bendtner will have finally agreed personal terms with a club worthy of his talent. Don't worry boys Wink
i thought the time limit set in this section was 2nd week of August.. the first excuse was the window hasnt officially opened.. then like our targets are too big to move early in the window and can only happen late.. then it was like something will happen before the CL squad to be submitted.. and the squad for CL playoff has been submitted... it is 3 months gone.. :facepalm:
just having a laugh at the fools (including me) who have wasted all these days sitting in front of the net and discussing rumours.. the thing which irritates me is that they said too much this time.. why cant atleast they come out and say we wont spent money on new players.. all the fans feel cheated.. and i am sure most of our players may also feel the same..
now start ranting... Razz
still i feel that we will sign 3-4 players in the coming days.. hmm
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 am

Sport Bild: Arsenal's bid for Gustavo too low. Brazilian not interested in Wolfsburg, has offer from Dynamo Moscow. http://bit.ly/19rIts8

Mad 

---------------

One thing I won't miss when AW is gone - his slowness in the transfer market. God almighty.

By the way guys, prepare for a repeat of 2011 deadline day. It's coming.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 am

I also honestly think we will get 2 or 3 players before the window closes. Whether it is the class we need or just some young 19 year olds, I don't know.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:17 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Sport Bild: Arsenal's bid for Gustavo too low. Brazilian not interested in Wolfsburg, has offer from Dynamo Moscow. http://bit.ly/19rIts8

Mad 

---------------

One thing I won't miss when AW is gone - his slowness in the transfer market. God almighty.

Why am I not surprised... *sigh*
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:04 am

With Suarez now staying atLiverpool, I'm intrigued to see what Wenger has up his sleeve now. Admittedly, I never had no real desire to see Suarez at Arsenal, if I'm honest. Thus, I can't be too pissed; however, I was curious to see if Wenger could 'pull it off'...clearly couldn't though. Wenger spending £64m on one player rofl 

SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm

I suppose we'll hope and prey that Lewandowski actually has changed his mind about joining Bayern.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:55 pm

As a club, we're that idiot who waits until the last second to do the Christmas shopping and, instead of getting his kid a Nerf Xtreme Shooter, ends up having to fork over a Barbie Princess Diary, batteries not included
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:01 pm

It looks to me like no one worth mentioning will come in. Wenger may promote kids to fill the senior positions. I just dont get how he plans to go till january with 16 first team players, two or three of whom are injury-prone.
The 1st September game against spuds could be a game changer. A loss in that match or draws against villa and sunderland will put enormous pressure on AW and the board.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 pm

:facepalm:

My God, Wenger/the club are bumbling fools when it comes to transfers...

And for everyone who says there's still time, that's not the cause for frustration. We had money to spend and top flight targets were available for us. Players were getting signed before the window opened, and we were relaxing. The window opened and we were still relaxing doing much of nothing. Now we're down to a couple weeks left and still nothing.

We needed big time signings to even consider being a trophy winning team. The big time players on the market are pretty much all but gone, so we can kiss that dream goodbye once again. Even if we did go on a deadline day panic spending, it won't be enough. We can't close deals on big time players, we'd be picking up just some serviceable, decent players at best.

Arsenal isn't showing that it is about excellence at all. This window was the chance to show we belong with the big boys and we've displayed a pathetic effort.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:16 pm

tbh I wouldn't be averse to finally signing Gourcuff especially if he's so keen to join that he'll lower his wages. I know AM isn't a pressing need but on loan he could be a good impact player and next season he could replace Rosicky (provided he leaves and that we put a cheap permanent transfer fee on his loan deal)

Still would be furious if we didn't do anything or if that was the only thing we did. Gustavo is such an obvious signing it's ridiculous.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

It's even worse when you consider the club has had a different excuse each month. In June they said they wanted to wait for new managers to settle down. In July they said it was difficult to get in touch with clubs because they were all on tour. Now in August they're saying the market hasn't moved in the way they expected to.

This most recent excuse is especially maddening. Did the club not expect that they're reading of the market could be wrong and come up with a contingency plan, just in case? Was not filling in positions that need to be filled all part of this market reading master plan?

I'm really starting to feel the club needs a Director of Football or someone to take some of the power away from Wenger. It's not a coincidence that the clubs with that sort of help - City, Spurs and Liverpool for example - are the ones that have efficiently gone about their business this summer. They may have paid over the odds for some players but at this end of the market that's pretty much an inevitability.

More developments on the Suarez saga: Sky Sports News are reporting that Suarez has denied saying he wanted to stay at Liverpool, apparently reiterating that he would not talk about his future while on international duty.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:17 pm

wenger doesnt know how to buy big name players, all he knows how to do is buy the sanogo's of this world. when was the last time wenger brought a big name player that was in demand?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Wenger changing his mind on targets and also he is not willing to pay top money for the top players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:28 pm

On Lewandowski: L'Equipe journalist Frederic Hermel said in a radio station that Lewandowski fears he won't fit in Guardiola's system and now wants to go to Real Madrid... apparently he has already said this to his agent.

Hermel also added that Florentino Perez wants only one player now and that is Bale, despite being interested earlier in the summer.

I don't know how reliable this guy is but this doesn't make too much sense. Guardiola has been using Mandzukic, why wouldn't Lewandowski fit in there?

This is all speculation right now but as a Dortmund admirer I hope this is true, and as an Arsenal fan I hope atleast we try to get him... he'd fit in our team easily, is a top striker and he loves the Premier League (and the money that comes with it Wink)

Sauce:

http://www.defensacentral.com/tertulias/90898-real-madrid-tertulias-frederic-hermel-punto-pelota-lewandowski-bayern-de-munich-borussia/

http://www.intereconomia.com/noticias-/punto-pelota/frederic-hermel-si-madrid-quiere-lewandowski-puede-fichar-20130814
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 pm

And yes we definitely need a Director of football, Wenger-Gazidis duo is a disaster, Gazidis is a yes-man and will never say no to whatever Wenger thinks is right and Wenger shouldn't worry too much about prices, all he should do is ask for the players he needs and let the other people deal with them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Sport Bild: Arsenal's bid for Gustavo too low. Brazilian not interested in Wolfsburg, has offer from Dynamo Moscow. http://bit.ly/19rIts8

Mad 

---------------

Why am I not surprised... *sigh*
how much did we bid ?
15-17 million can get him.. rt ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm assuminh £12m + Bendtner which is equal to £10m silent
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 pm

REWB wrote:wenger doesnt know how to buy big name players, all he knows how to do is buy the sanogo's of this world. when was the last time wenger brought a big name player that was in demand?
I understand your point and I think it has a lot of truth. There are plenty of reasons for this post-Emirates, but Arsenal simply don't operate (yet) in the high end of the transfer market. But in the interest of addressing your question, which was maybe rhetorical ... Arshavin and Gervinho both arrived at Arsenal around the height of their hype. I don't know if it's "big name" enough, but Chelsea were also interested in Gervinho, and after the Euros Arshavin had been linked to Barcelona. Since both those players were disappointments, it's easy to forget how much of a coup each one seemed at the time. Well, in truth, Gervinho felt more like a little victory. But I remember being elated when Arshavin happened.

And while Santi Cazorla isn't exactly a superstar, he was already an established Spanish international, a versatile midfielder with many caps in the most stacked and competitive NT midfield in recent memory. People who paid attention to La Liga knew how good Cazorla was and what an impressive deal (for Arsenal) his acquisition was, when it was happening. (Though this didn't stop some people from saying "Santi who?" and thinking he was subpar before they ever saw him kick a ball...)

Wenger isn't necessarily bad in the transfer market overall. He, and the club, just aren't good at big deals for elite players.

Weren't there rumors a few weeks back that David Dein might be returning to the club?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:00 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:And yes we definitely need a Director of football, Wenger-Gazidis duo is a disaster, Gazidis is a yes-man and will never say no to whatever Wenger thinks is right and Wenger shouldn't worry too much about prices, all he should do is ask for the players he needs and let the other people deal with them.
I’m stunned by our lack of activity, Gazidis is a donkey who will probably get another raise. Shambolic transfer saga yet again for Arsenal. How many years need to pass before someone at the club realizes they are doing this all wrong. Wenger started off(dead-wood gone) great but now if we dont end up with few good signings our season will be a disaster.

Walcott has a knock, Ramsey is injured, Vermaelen is out, Monreal is out, Sonago is injured. Jack is half fit and we have very thin squad.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:01 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm assuminh £12m + Bendtner which is equal to £10m silent
Thumbs up Laughing

btw. media taking a u turn.. now reporting that Suarez never said he is staying at Liverpool..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Now apparently that's been made up by someone.

rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:I'm assuminh £12m + Bendtner which is equal to £10m silent
Thumbs upLaughing

btw. media taking a u turn.. now reporting that Suarez never said he is staying at Liverpool..
Suarez never ever wanted to join us his dream move is madrid he used our interest in him to stir madrid up to make a bid he had no intention of signing for us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next