serieAkings
VendettaRed07
Art Morte
97 posters

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Gareth Bale transfer saga - Page 22 Empty Re: Gareth Bale transfer saga

Post by Doc Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Best they just re-invest the money into a new stadium. Any player they would try to get, they'll just over pay for it. It's the side effect of everyone knowing you have money.

Unless Tottenham have the same model as Porto or Udinese...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Di Maria has refused a move to Spurs... not a big enough club for him. Modric, Morata, etc. all have refused. Only one ok with it is Coentrao since he's desperate to leave...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

looool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Poor Spurs! All that money but no one wants to play there! Laughing

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Arsene Wenger believes it would make a "joke" of Financial Fair Play if Real Madrid paid £105million for Gareth Bale.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Well, supposedly they want Eriksen, Pastore, Pjanic and Lamela.

With Coentrao too..:bow:

Could only seem them getting Eriksen and possibly Pjanic from that list though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:02 pm

For Spurs to get into the next category, they have to go the Monaco route... overpay for a top player that has too big a release clause for everyone.

I would find a way to get Hulk tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:03 pm

We, a CL established team, struggle to sign players, and people think Spuds stand a chance? Cos they have 100 billion dollars? Gareth Bale transfer saga - Page 22 Dr_evil
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:06 pm

I see them getting none from that list honestly. Maybe a slight outside distant chance they might persuade Pjanic.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Lex wrote:We, a CL established team, struggle to sign players, and people think Spuds stand a chance? Cos they have 100 billion dollars? Gareth Bale transfer saga - Page 22 Dr_evil

I think Arsenal struggle to sign players because Wenger is incredibly stubborn.

I have no doubt there are players who'd love to play for Arsenal, but realise Wenger's penny pinching ways of years gone by has hindered any possible move.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Spurs could go for:

Hulk, Nani, Ayew, Afellay, Atsu, Lamela, Hoilett.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Lex wrote:We, a CL established team, struggle to sign players, and people think Spuds stand a chance? Cos they have 100 billion dollars? Gareth Bale transfer saga - Page 22 Dr_evil
You struggle because you refuse to pay up, not because Arsenal are not prestigious enough.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Firenze wrote:Arsene Wenger believes it would make a "joke" of Financial Fair Play if Real Madrid paid £105million for Gareth Bale.

What is this ask...Man City,PSG,Monaco and Real Madrid?
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:57 pm

I've been posting on the official Tottenham forums and they wanted to know if Real Madrid could afford the Bale deal considering our finances. So I wrote up a detailed analysis as to how we could and will share that post with you here:

Hey all I am a Madrid fan, long time voyeur of your forums as I feel you generally have the best information at hand concerning the deals taken place recently ie Modric and now with the rumours surrounding Bale.

I saw quite a few people asking about the money and whether or not Real Madrid can afford such a sum, so I thought I would give out a detailed analysis for those wondering.

Since Perez has taken charge again he has spent on average €76,500,000 per year on transfers, that includes the first season in which he bought Kaka and Ronaldo for vast amounts of money.

So far this season our spending has been as follows:

In:
Casemiro €6m
Carvajal €6.5m
Isco €27m
Illarramendi €32m
Promoted: Jese, Morata, Nacho, Denis
Total Spend: €71.5m

Out:
Essien (Loan Return)
Carvalho (End of COntract)
Pedro Leon €6m
Callejon €10m
Albiol €12m
Negredo Clause €4.4m
Higuain €40m (I included the variables for Isco and the same for Higuain)
Total Sold: €72.4m

That puts €900,000 in the bank in terms of transfers. We also have a squad size of 26 and rumours of Coentrao on the way out. Also other rumours whether you should believe them I don't know, say that one of Kaka or Di Maria will be shuffled out if Bale comes, maybe even both. So we easily have €100m in the budget.

In terms of debt for our club we have only €120m left in hard debt and we are only one of a few clubs in Spain that has paid all it taxes to date. Also Real Madrid ranks as the most solvent football club in the world thanks to solvency ratios of 0.8 Net Debt/EBITDA and 0.5 Net Debt/Net Assets. So financially we can easily afford the outlay for Bale.

Another matter that you may not be aware is the Real Madrid is owned by the members, all revenue gets pumped back into the club, the President even has to pay to be the president and does not receive a salary to do so. The reason Perez ran unopposed for the Presidency recently is because to even get into the running you have to put down a large financial outlay into the clubs coffers.

In terms of why Perez wants Bale, well not to mention he is a fantastic footballer, he is also tipped to make huge inroads in his marketing viability. Some estimates say he will earn around €11.5m in endorsements alone this coming season, in comparison Ronaldo earns €17m every year in endorsements. Perez will believe with the branding of Madrid behind him, Bale could easily catch Ronaldo considering age and performances.

Now this may seem like common sense, but not many people know is that before every major outlay Real Madrid makes they do a complete financial viability and marketing run-up on a player. A report commissioned by Weber Shandwick Sport showed that Real Madrid gain an extra €71m in annual revenue from the purchase of Kaka alone through shirt sales, sponsorship revenue and match ticket sales. Even though he has been abhorrent on the field of play if Kaka even came close to 1/3rd of that assessment then he would of paid not only for his transfer but all his wages too.

In terms of Ronaldo his purchase alone led to more VIP tickets sold, before the Ronaldo era we averaged 3000 empty tourist/VIP places per match, filling those seats alone netted us an extra €10m a year. The shirt logo BWIN agreed to double it's sponsorship fee and extend the contract by an extra year and ADIDAS did something similar We added a lot of new sponsors on top of that as well. I don't doubt that ADIDAS and Emirates won't renegotiate deals if we manage to get Bale as well as having the upper hand in other sponsorship areas, then you factor global branding shirt sales and everything that Real Madrid does so well and you can see why Perez and the Real Madrid board think they can easily outlay for Bale.

There is a reason why Real Madrid is the #1 most valuable sports brand in the world.

In terms on what I think of the whole saga I wouldn't put much stock in Marca at all and it isn't the mouthpiece of Madrid many of you think it is. There has been huge arguments between MARCA and Madrid over the past couple of seasons and a lot of bad blood. In terms of our players making comments on the matter it is usually after a reporter has asked them about the subject five times previously. Have a look how many times Ancelotti was asked about Bale over the full course of the press conference. He is a wonderful player but I'm just not sure where he would fit into our line-up. I guess time will tell if there is anything to this story or not. Any questions feel free to ask.

The information in this is freely available on Forbes or Real Madrid's finances which are public knowledge. Hope I didn't piss too many of you off by posting on your forum.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:10 pm

How come Ronaldo's endorsement earning have changed from the original claims? rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 pm

The_Badger wrote:How come Ronaldo's endorsement earning have changed from the original claims? rofl

If you learnt to read one was in US dollars the other was in €

Crimson wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm not sure if I get the marketability argument some Madrid fans are putting forth. Neymar was named the most marketable footballer earlier this year and yet many Madrid fans were laughing historically at his price - yet now that it's about Bale, a much less marketable player for reportedly twice the price, he "pays himself off"?

If you're quoting that half arsed article on athletes then I'm going to have a laugh. The same one that posted Ronaldo 9th?

Here's some facts in terms of money made from endorsements over the last year in US dollars:

Ronaldo $22m
Messi $19m
Neymar Uncertain but his entire earnings were only $19m lol, less than what Messi and Ronaldo made from endorsements alone.

Bale $15m already, put him in a club like Madrid and I can see that increasing a fair amount.

Not to mention what it's worth in terms of sponsors and renegotiations in terms of kit sponsorship and tv marketing deals.

Don't take Real Madrid and Perez for a fool they know what they are doing.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 pm

We're rich as frak... just deal with it peeps. We're also not a for-profit organization. As Crimson said, everything we make has to be reinvested in the club. That could mean players, facilities, pay debt, etc.

We can afford pretty much anyone. But does that mean that spending over 100 mil on Bale is the right thing to do? IMO, only if there's chance CR7 is leaving. Otherwise, i have no idea what we're doing. This is not a knock on Bale. It's just doesn't make sense in terms of roles on the pitch.

But Flo often leads with making money and lets the manager deal with the aftermath. So it's up to Carlo to figure it out. No idea how Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Putting the price aside for a second (Hard to do I know Laughing )

Do you think Bale is a good addition to your team? Or do you think it could end up negatively impacting the team in some way. I.E. there's no way both Bale and CR7 can continue to have so many shots.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 pm

So let's buy Bale for no apparent footballing reasons, just for the potential endorsements, because we have the money, and money he would generate!

La Decima, here we come!
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:We're rich as frak... just deal with it peeps.  We're also not a for-profit organization.  As Crimson said, everything we make has to be reinvested in the club.  That could mean players, facilities, pay debt, etc.

We can afford pretty much anyone.  But does that mean that spending over 100 mil on Bale is the right thing to do?  IMO, only if there's chance CR7 is leaving.  Otherwise, i have no idea what we're doing.  This is not a knock on Bale.  It's just doesn't make sense in terms of roles on the pitch.  

But Flo often leads with making money and lets the manager deal with the aftermath.  So it's up to Carlo to figure it out.  No idea how Laughing

Could be the board feels it's a needed move to stay competitive with Bayern and Barcelona, or the shine is wearing off Ronaldo and Kaka and a new galactico will rejuvenate previous ideals. I'm not sure, personally I think it's Perez just saying a big fu to everyone and saying because we can.....

At any rate if they feel it's worth it in terms of branding then it is. As AS often say Perez can often win the Summer but never the Spring lmao
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 pm

There's no need for Bale. Ancelotti doesn't even want him.

It would mean one of Benzema/Isco/Ozil is benched which shouldn't happen. Also it would mean our new possession style is kinda affected.

Also Bale isn't worth that money. 24 isn't all that young and there's better goalscorers out there. He isn't a winger. He pretty much played as a forward last year. Just overhyped due to scoring a few game winning long shots. He needs to prove that game winning ability for at least another season.

Bale being marketable doesn't justify us paying so much on him. Any top player could be marketable. It's just Bale is the hottest player right now due to hype and Perez is interested.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Putting the price aside for a second (Hard to do I know Laughing)

Do you think Bale is a good addition to your team? Or do you think it could end up negatively impacting the team in some way. I.E. there's no way both Bale and CR7 can continue to have so many shots.

If anyone can pull it off Ancelotti can I think.

Real Madrid averaged almost 19 shots last season, if you add Bale and Ronaldo's averages that accounts for just 13 haha

But if I am being truly honest we would be a better "team" without Bale. But I do think we need another genuine match winner other than Ronaldo if we are to complete our goal of la decima, and I think Bale is the best (other than the two at Barce) that you can get in that regard.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:26 pm

I think Flo's feelings got hurt with Neymar  and he wants to outsplash Barca in the summer... it may sound dumb.  But Flo always wants Madrid to be seen as the big dog in Spain in terms of perception.  

Completely messes up the roster though.  A very good player or two are going to be sacrificed as a result of Bale coming imo.  I don't even see it tactically yet unless CR7 goes to CF... which Carlo said he won't do.  So who the frak knows.

If Bale wasn't the EXACT SAME PROFILE as CR7, then i'd be jumping for joy Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Bale is the best match winner outside of CR, Messi and Neymar?

I have to say i disagree tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Fair enough you were using two different currencies, it's still lies, especially Bale's figure.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:I think Flo's feelings got hurt with Neymar  and he wants to outsplash Barca in the summer... it may sound dumb.  But Flo always wants Madrid to be seen as the big dog in Spain in terms of perception.  

Completely messes up the roster though.  A very good player or two are going to be sacrificed as a result of Bale coming imo.  I don't even see it tactically yet unless CR7 goes to CF... which Carlo said he won't do.  So who the frak knows.

The way he has been playing in friendlies sets us up nicely for a 442 diamond with 2 wide forwards ahead of a playmaker, with suitable options in midfield for a more defensive playstyle if needed, something similar to Ancelotti's first year at Chelsea. Ancelotti as we all know always has a secondary formation as well, so that will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If he continues on this path we are going to have one very attacking first 11.

Last edited by Crimson on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next