urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:42 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Wenger butthurt over Cesc pursuit Laughing

Why would he be Butthurt? he knows Cesc would never join you. The reason Wenger is not going after Cesc, he knows he will stay at Barcelona for another year.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Spurs sporting director Franco Baldini reportedly in Valencia, presumably to negotiate for Soldado.

Prediction: Spurs sign Soldado, we sign nobody, Spurs finish above us in the league.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Arsenal are as rich as anyone.  The combined net worth of the owners is astounding and club has massive revenues.  The problem?  Cheap as all hell.  You can't complain about the marketplace for 10 years ffs.  At some point in time, you have to realize that the market is what it is.  You either play or you don't.  But to say that the marketplace is wrong is just stupid at this point... if it was wrong, it wouldn't keep going for 10 years now.

Arsenal remind me of Nintendo sometimes..... Laughing

Once were on top, their only competitors started to fall away so got over confident and then fell behind when new competitors came in with money and ambition later on refused to adapt.

Basically Arsenal are SD and Mario and clubs like Man City are Xbox Live and HD.
SD and Mario Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Why would he be Butthurt? he knows Cesc would never join you. The reason Wenger is not going after Cesc, he knows he will stay at Barcelona for another year.

just like RVP :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Spurs sporting director Franco Baldini reportedly in Valencia, presumably to negotiate for Soldado.

Prediction: Spurs sign Soldado, we sign nobody, Spurs finish above us in the league.

17 Goals in 3 games; Giroud scored 6 goals; Zelalem the next Fabregas? eco smile

Spuds have nothing on us, 4th place is ours.lol

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:57 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Dont compare RIP to Cesc. Cesc has won almost every major Trophy and still has many years ahead of him, and loves Arsenal. Even Cesc was shocked RIP went to United. I just cant see Cesc leaving Barcelona for United. He can win everything with Barcelona and fight for his place.

Come to United to play for Moyes?lol
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Dont compare RIP to Cesc. Cesc has won almost every major Trophy and still has many years ahead of him, and loves Arsenal. Even Cesc was shocked RIP went to United. I just cant see Cesc leaving Barcelona for United. He can win everything with Barcelona and fight for his place.

loves Arsenal so much he desperately wanted to move to Barcelona?....Loyalty is dead in footbal, this last crop of Gerrards, Giggs, Scholes, Carraghers, Lampards, Terrys do not exist anymore....especially from foreign players like Cesc. He can play week in and week out guaranteed and win everything at United as well. Moyes has more credibility then w/e scrub manager Barca are about to bring in Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:08 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

loves Arsenal so much he desperately wanted to move to Barcelona?....Loyalty is dead in footbal, this last crop of Gerrards, Giggs, Scholes, Carraghers, Lampards, Terrys do not exist anymore....especially from foreign players like Cesc. He can play week in and week out guaranteed and win everything at United as well. Moyes has more credibility then w/e scrub manager Barca are about to bring in Laughing

I know what you saying, Cesc did everything he could to leave us, I just cant see him coming back to England so soon and Join our rivals. Cesc is one of the best midfielders in the world, Barcelona would be dumb to let him move. I think if Barcelona willing to negotiate, other teams will out bid United. I can see PSG offering 100m.lol

The only way I can see him in future joining another EPL club is when Wenger no longer is at Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

I know what you saying, Cesc did everything he could to leave us, I just cant see him coming back to England so soon and Join our rivals. Cesc is one of the best midfielders in the world, Barcelona would be dumb to let him move. I think if Barcelona willing to negotiate, other teams will out bid United. I can see PSG offering 100m.lol

The only way I can see him in future joining another EPL club is when Wenger no longer is at Arsenal.

doubt they will be doing any business after the whole Thiago Silva saga and PSG threatening to activate Messi's €250 million buy out clause if they bid on TS Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:20 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

doubt they will be doing any business after the whole Thiago Silva saga and PSG threatening to activate Messi's €250 million buy out clause if they bid on TS Laughing

I wish Arsenal was like PSG, protecting the players we have.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Bernard stories still heating up today, despite Wenger's denial.

Eh, we'll see.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Is he any good?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Bernard? He seems to be, but I'm going more on reputation and seeing him in a handful of games. (I don't recall him standing out much in the matches I saw either. But that could be true for every player, I'm not saying it to knock the little guy.)

He's just 20 or so. And he's tiny - like 5'5". But he's really broken out the past year or so at Atletico Mineiro & Brazil. Seems like he usually plays left forward, so to my mind he'd be a natural replacement in Gervinho's slot should the Ivorian leave this summer.

I'll echo sentiments that it'd be strange to sink so much cash on a creative flank player when DM & ST (and a back-up CB) are more pressing concerns. But maybe it's all just rumors anyway.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I actually saw Bernard on the right a few times as a sub in confed cup.  Looked very good. Highly technical.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:41 pm

if we get bernard, im sure its not going to be 21 million. will probably be 15m plus add on or something
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't understand why it's been 3 weeks of nothing when Gustavo is available for around 15million. Seems like a no-brainer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm

MJGunner wrote:I don't understand why it's been 3 weeks of nothing when Gustavo is available for around 15million. Seems like a no-brainer.

If he's actually available at that price, I agree with you completely. But do we know, outside of paper & online speculation, that Gustavo is actually available for that price? What if Pep is still tinkering and not certain he wants to get rid of LG yet? What if Gustavo doesn't want to go to England? I'm not saying either of those is the case, but there are a lot of variables aside from Arsenal incompetence that might explain why we haven't picked him up.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Understandable when you put it like that but this is around the time all of our collective patience is tested Razz
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:17 pm

More commentary from 7amkickoff about Suarez and other forwards, and the reasons people might perceive certain players are better than others (even in cases where stats might tell different story), if you're interested.

http://www.7amkickoff.com/2013/suarez-messi-and-walcott-measuring-a-forwards-oooh-and-ugh-factor-pt-1/

http://www.7amkickoff.com/2013/suarez-messi-and-walcott-measuring-a-forwards-oooh-and-ugh-factor-pt-2/

Key takeaway:

I’m not saying that Suarez is a bad player or that Suarez is useless. I’m saying my preference is for players like Walcott and van Persie who tend to be more efficient. Rooney also has a negatives of 7.51 per 90 and Higuain fits in to that profile as well.

But Suarez’ numbers all over the place are just absurd. He had almost twice as many failed dribbles as Messi and nearly twice as many turnovers (unforced errors) — making him not so much Messi as just kind of sloppy. Similarly, Falcao is one of the most profligate players in the game who had 105 turnovers (led the group with his poor touch), lost 91 aerial duels, had 71 failed dribbles (third highest), and 57% of his shots were wasted. In fact, Falcao’s goals tally is largely a product of the fact that he scored 8 from the penalty spot.

This, and this is very important, does not mean that Falcao is a terrible footballer. Nor that he wouldn’t fit at Arsenal, nor that Falcao, Suarez, Lewandowski, Benteke, etc. don’t fit into Wenger’s system or his plans. This is just a quantification of many people’s perception of various players and the attributes that the person watching the players probably prefer.

It drives me crazy to see players lose the ball, dribble into a blind corner, or shoot it into the stands. That’s what I don’t like about Suarez’ game and what drives me nuts about Gervinho. It looks a lot like his teammates are out there winning the ball back just so that he can waste possession, time and again. It’s a team sport and players like that don’t seem like team players to me. That’s what I feel that these stats show.

Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting discussion I think. But to me almost anything is preferable to he-said, she-said deliberations over who is "world class" and who is not.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:37 pm

I can't see Bernard coming in. Surprised at the rumours. If he does come in, it will be for 10-17m and not 20+

But yea, highly doubt it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Do you even want Bernard?

Sounds like a lot of money for another player with supposed potential

Wouldn't be a sure fire bet to improve the first team would he?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:28 pm

If you're not going to splash the 30+ mil, which is what it takes to get a WC player these days... you have to gamble on guys like Bernard.

If this happens and that's the big signing, this whole "we are going to make a big signing" crap was a PR campaign to appease the fans. There was no intent to splash that big on a player like always.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

I think an article comparing Suarez and gervinho in any way should be banished from the internet tbh
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

looooooooooooool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Latin American journalist Martín Charquero says Liverpool striker Luis Suárez is very close to signing for Arsenal.

Never heard of him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Latin American journalist Martín Charquero says Liverpool striker Luis Suárez is very close to signing for Arsenal.

Never heard of him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next