Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 pm

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/image-italian-press-give-up-on-higuain-show-him-in-an-arsenal-shi

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:56 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Tuttohiguain
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:02 pm

I swear after all this media bullshit and Higuain does not come to Arsenal I will go crazy.affraid affraid

I would rather Rooney but beggars cant be choosers.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Don't care if we miss out, not too keen on Higuain. Awful flat track bully
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

EL Patron wrote:Don't care if we miss out, not too keen on Higuain. Awful flat track bully
then who are we left with ? Jovetic is not coming.. Cavani and Lewandowski out of reach..
who do u want ? Roon$y ?

Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Don't care if we miss out, not too keen on Higuain. Awful flat track bully
then who are we left with ? Jovetic is not coming.. Cavani and Lewandowski out of reach..
who do u want ? Roon$y ?

Chamkah, Bendtner and Park are still here, 3 of the greatest.:coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Give him a chance
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Kos won't be nearly successful anywhere else as he has been here. Imo. If he doesn't play every game then he gets very mistake prone. But when he is locked in he is WC. Barca/Bayern, he is not playing close to the amount of time he plays here.. No matter how well he plays. So hell be rotated, put on a few horror shows, Barca/Bayern fans will hate him, he'll be sold within a year.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
who do u want ? Roon$y ?

why have we stopped going after jovetic ffs?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 pm

REWB wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:
who do u want ? Roon$y ?

It's possible that we still are, or that he's been put on the backburner with Higuain and Rooney as more immediate options, but it's also possibly he doesn't really want to come, or that Fiorentina are insisting on too high a price at this early stage. Time will tell.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Jovetic for 30m is what's keeping everyone away. As much as i like him, Higuain is a more established player to have for a much less amount.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:56 pm

REWB wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:
who do u want ? Roon$y ?

The price, and that we really want more of a goal scorer, I think jojo is an amazing player but him and cazorla might overlap each other a bit. If we bought him I'd like to play him at ss behind a more natural cf like higuain. Wenger is looking for an rvp replacement which I think higuain can totally be
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Jovetic is not made for Arsenal, he is a type who would take off if he has a good season and would cry for Barcelona or Bayren.

Higuain wants to come Arsenal I take him any day.

I can see Higuain scoring 25-30 goals for us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Jovetic is not made for Arsenal, he is a type who would take off if he has a good season and would cry for Barcelona or Bayren.

I don't think this is true - look into Jovetic's loyalty to Fiorentina up until now, he's actually been a pretty mature player. Wanted to repay the club's faith in him after his injuries, and didn't want to move to a "big" club prematurely.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Money shouldn't decide whether we should get a player or not if we think he would massively improve us. Look at Chelsea they paid 35 million for Hazard, he surely didn't prove enough to be so highly priced, Buyern did the same with Javi Martinez and there are other examples, these clubs didn't pay that much because they thought they were worth it ATM but for what they could become and because they knew these players will improve them. They didn't look at the price but at the quality of the player, and both are happy to have these players now.

It's the same with Jovetic, we don't have to look at Juve - they want him badly but don't have enough cash to sign him. We should take advantage of that.

If we can't get both Higuain and Jovetic, I'd settle for Villa + Jovetic but not Higuain alone. Last season our problem wasn't only finishing chances, we struggled to create chances for a good part of the season and signing Higuain ALONE won't fix that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:45 pm

By the way if we can't get Jovetic, I'd try a cheeky bid for El Sharaawy. Milan like Arsenal will sell for the right price Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:46 pm

I agree that improving on creativity is crucial, urbaNRoots, although one thing to consider is that Wenger will have a look over the likes of Ramsey, Wilshere, and Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer and consider whether they might be developing enough on their own to improve things in this department. Maybe those three players aren't the answer on their own - I'm not saying they are - but at the same time, all of them might step up their game a bit for next season and that could improve the creativity in the squad overall.

BTW just to be clear, I'm not saying this to disagree with you because I think you implicitly make the same point w/r/t to high fees for Hazard, etc. But as much as it has become a cliche with which to beat Wenger with whenever something goes wrong, we shouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility that the club's young players are going to improve and maybe offer more than we've yet seen.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Creating chances isn't a problem that's solely down to creativity, though. It's all well and good saying we should buy Jovetic to improve the team's creativity but if we lack the movement and the imputes it's not going to make that much difference.

Our mentality in the last couple of months of last season was one that focused on keeping leads and picking up points. The players played within themselves in order to focus on defending since they were too worried about leaving themselves open if they attacked too often. Adding Jovetic to the side wouldn't suddenly up the tempo of our passing, encourage the team to consistently press or have players make runs forward.

To put it another way, I don't think the problem is down to the quality of the individuals, but how they work as a collective.

This is why I don't necessarily agree that we need Jovetic on top of Higuain or Villa or any other striker. This team can create plenty of chances when it plays with width, energy and belief. For whatever reason, the belief we could win games was lacking a lot of the time last season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:13 pm

You're right about that too, Jay. That's another thing that's worth addressing with the squad, and something a new signing alone won't fix. We don't have as many killer through balls in the post-Cesc era, but at the same time it can be frustrating how inert a lot of Arsenal matches can be now. Especially in the final third. Making the runs and working as a unit can sometimes require its own forms of creativity, but I think the squad already has a lot of it. Just needs to be trained out to full expression.

Compare the movement of Arsenal players off the ball maybe, 5+ seasons prior to now. Much more threatening. I think late '07/very early '08 was a time when you could feel a huge amount of belief in the squad as being capable of winning trophies.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Those are fair points Jay and Chumlum. It's all on Wenger, what style of play we'll play next season. Will we defend 'by keeping possession'? Will we defend 1-0 leads away from home the way we did in the last 10 games of the season? Will we counter attack or dominate possession against stronger teams? If we want to counter attack, 3 fast forwards in Podolski/CF/Walcott is probably better than a Cazorla-Wilshere-Walcott trio etc...

I'm sure Wenger already knows how he'll want to play next season and sign the players he needs to do that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Why do we keep getting linked with Nani lol. Does wenger even want him? I do think we need a winger imo.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Check out Payet's wiki page Laughing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Payet
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Check out Payet's wiki page :lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Payet

Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 pm

'Its an honour to be linked to the greatest club in the world. I'd look forward to playing for Arsenal if anything materialised and the annual tradition of beating the small club from North London 5-2. I look at Spurs and think to myself, I'd love to skelp (Gareth) Bale over the head with a coconut.'

rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Sky Sports News to break huge transfer news in next 48 hours. Sky's Graeme Bailey 95% sure deal will go through. Intrigue.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Years Team           Apps† (Gls)†
2005–2007 Nantes 700 (1075)

Laughing :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next