VivaStPauli
Die Borussen
RealGunner
80 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich - Page 13 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

If Sagna attacked Ribery would rape our whole defence. He actually kept him quiet and I was impressed. If you want to blame someone for this horrible performance start with Wenger for his team selection and his poor defensive tactics.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

@Art Morte

Sssht!

But that doesn't make Manu Neuer's fumble any better.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Wilshere :bow: Dominating midfields like Barca's and Bayern at such a young age :bow: Such a talent :bow:

Probably the most talented midfielder today imo
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm

yeah he show'd his class today, he does it every game in a poor arsenal team. this is why he gets so much hype from arsenal fans. because he simply deserves it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 pm

REWB wrote:yeah he show'd his class today, he does it every game in a poor arsenal team. this is why he gets so much hype from arsenal fans. because he simply deserves it.

+ 1

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Se7en wrote:Wilshere :bow: Dominating midfields like Barca's and Bayern at such a young age :bow: Such a talent :bow:

He was good today,probably Arsenal's best player,but he dint dominate Bayern's midfield by any stretch of imagination.I think 'dominate' word is being used a bit too loosely here on this forum.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:If you want to blame someone for this horrible performance start with Wenger for his team selection and his poor defensive tactics.

So the Blackburn team selection was poor and this team selection was poor... Which players should he start, then, in your opinion? Recall Chamakh?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:If you want to blame someone for this horrible performance start with Wenger for his team selection and his poor defensive tactics.

So the Blackburn team selection was poor and this team selection was poor... Which players should he start, then, in your opinion? Recall Chamakh?

Who said Blackburn team selection was poor? I didn't say that did I? Why was Walcott playing upfront instead of Giroud? Why was Cazorla playing on the right wing? Ramsey starting... extremely poor choices.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Se7en wrote:Wilshere :bow: Dominating midfields like Barca's and Bayern at such a young age :bow: Such a talent :bow:

Lol he didn't dominate. Was our best player though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Disagree with those criticizing Sagna as well

Kept someone who is arguably the best true winger in the world relatively quiet, and all three of Bayern's goals came from the other side of the field

Can't ask for much more than that from a fullback

Easy to say he should do more when you're watching Lahm drive forward like that...but lets remember who Lahm is defending vs who Sagna is defending
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm

stop being humble and respectufl arsenal fans, wilshere dominated today and thiago is overrated ffs

alves was right :bow: he is suffering and needs to come to la liga :bow:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Exactly... Sagna had to deal with both Alaba and Ribery while Lahm only had Podolski.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 pm

People finally acknowledging Wilshere's brilliance. :bow:

@Urban While I agree with you to an extent, I don't think it would have made such a big difference with that shitty defense. We could have been more dangerous from the get-go though.

Another what if...oh well... Rolling Eyes
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Who said Blackburn team selection was poor? I didn't say that did I? Why was Walcott playing upfront instead of Giroud? Why was Cazorla playing on the right wing? Ramsey starting... extremely poor choices.
urbaNRoots wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

err and art, the blackburn team selection was poor, we didnt play our best team he was trying to rest players for the bayern game. -_-
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:If Sagna attacked Ribery would rape our whole defence. He actually kept him quiet and I was impressed. If you want to blame someone for this horrible performance start with Wenger for his team selection and his poor defensive tactics.

Tbf even if Sagna attacked nothing would have happened....

Also i'm not saying be gung ho, but at least provide something offensively.

Look at all the best teams in the world they all have wonderful offensive fullbacks, some can defend too but its not necessary.

When your midfield is struggling to break down then the fullbacks have to help with some width and attacking play.

As for Ribery.... he was used as a decoy he hardly went near Sagna so i don't really consider Sagna " dealt with him " he never had to deal with him because Ribery was moving all across the front line to create space for Muller and Kroos and in some cases Schweignsteiger.

Basically with most teams using 1 striker these days it is a huge waste having 4 defenders.

Neither Vermealen and Sagna offered anything offensively compare that to Lahm and Alaba and you see why Bayern are a top 2 team and Arsenal are going out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Arsenal misses a leader in the team, an experimented player... a strong personality who can wake up the team and get them to fight with teams who are considered superior.... (De Rossi?? ) Arsenal is a big club and it's sad that they have the attitude "we lost to a better club" like a consolation... It's ok to lose, but show some attitude...

I considered Bayern's last year the best team in the world, now i do the same with this one, but it's to early to call a team favourite to win the trophy after 1/8 finals...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:20 pm

tuddor wrote:Arsenal misses a leader in the team, an experimented player... a strong personality who can wake up the team and get them to fight with teams who are considered superior.... (De Rossi?? ) Arsenal is a big club and it's sad that they have the attitude "we lost to a better club" like a consolation... It's ok to lose, but show some attitude...

I considered Bayern's last year the best team in the world, now i do the same with this one, but it's to early to call a team favourite to win the trophy after 1/8 finals...

We are just not good enough mate. Big club in terms of "name" but haven't proved that on the pitch whenever it mattered sadly.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

It wouldn't matter because someone would've tracked Sagna's runs unlike Arsenal for the 3rd goal. There's a reason Bayern attacked Vermaelen's side and not Sagna's side - one is solid defensively the other one can't defend to save his life.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Some English paper reported in the last couple of days that Wenger is being given a 70m transfer budget for the summer

Although tbf I feel like I've heard that same story like 10x in previous seasons
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Tbf Urban.... Bayern are always right side dominated who ever they play.

Especially with Ribery usually propping up in my central areas these days.

That isn't the point i'm making though, offensive fullbacks who make the difference are really the difference between a good team and a great team.

People can talk about solid defense bla bla bla but most teams who win the CL have at least one fullback who makes the difference offensively.

Arsenal sadly have 0, if you think this wasn't major difference tonight then you are quite naive.

I don't think the gulf in class between the midfielders are that high its how Bayern use the width of the pitch which is where you see the real gulf in class.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf Urban.... Bayern are always right side dominated who ever they play.

Especially with Ribery usually propping up in my central areas these days.

That isn't the point i'm making though, offensive fullbacks who make the difference are really the difference between a good team and a great team.

People can talk about solid defense bla bla bla but most teams who win the CL have at least one fullback who makes the difference offensively.

Arsenal sadly have 0, if you think this wasn't major difference tonight then you are quite naive.

I don't think the gulf in class between the midfielders are that high its how Bayern use the width of the pitch which is where you see the real gulf in class.

Marcelo Sad
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm

people are not saying Sagna can't defend, they are saying he offers nothing going forward. His footwork in below average if you ask me.

Wilshere played amazing today. He ran by Bayern's midfield with ease.

Someone should snatch him up if Arsenal don't hold onto him.

Today Arsenal were missing a Van Persie.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Sagna can't do anything special in attack. Wilshere was Arsenal's best player. he is really talented and moves like a boss. i like his style. its time to sign him :coffee: .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 pm

It wouldn't matter Mole because Arsenal don't press like Bayern or other teams that have attacking fullbacks do, if one of our fullbacks goes forward our defence gets totally exposed because of poor defensive tactics. Of course if Wenger wasn't so tactically inept and our team would press higher up the pitch and more intensively we could afford going all attack. Quite frankly I can't blame Sagna of all people for this loss.

Attacking fullbacks help too much no doubt but it wouldn't make the difference tonight... I feel it would've actually made it worse for us.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 pm

wilshere will be our steven gerrard/de rossi/totti imo, he is an arsenal supporter and has been at arsenal since 9. i cant see him ever leaving. this is not like an rvp, nasri, cesc situation. he is a totally different personality, he bleeds arsenal. but tbh this arsenal is not going to last much longer, we WILL start to challenge again. the only thing that is holding us back is our manager and board. Financially, we are a top 5/6 club, we have everything in place to become a top 5 or a title challenging team again.

Last edited by REWB on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Has Sagna ever been good going forward? He's like Arbeloa but not as good at defending.

Lahm was brilliant.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next