Adit
Albiceleste
JuvenelCuore
theaguia
34 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

portugal or italy atm

poll: who is better right now portugal or italy - Page 8 Vote_lcap59%poll: who is better right now portugal or italy - Page 8 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 36 ]
poll: who is better right now portugal or italy - Page 8 Vote_lcap41%poll: who is better right now portugal or italy - Page 8 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 61

Poll closed

poll: who is better right now portugal or italy - Page 8 Empty Re: poll: who is better right now portugal or italy

Post by CroInter Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm

portugal 60% [ 26 ]
italy 39% [ 17 ]

:coffee:

Its clear who the winner is.

CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

poll: who is better right now portugal or italy - Page 8 Empty Re: poll: who is better right now portugal or italy

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Would have to say Italy at the minute.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:28 pm

FFS the thread was dead. Nothing has changed in the last 3 weeks and nothing could possibly be added for either side of the argument.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm

ErPupone wrote:FFS the thread was dead. Nothing has changed in the last 3 weeks and nothing could possibly be added for either side of the argument.
Italy because totti internationally retired and de rossi isn't receiving call ups

/ignoranttroll.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:39 pm

zarola wrote:
ErPupone wrote:FFS the thread was dead. Nothing has changed in the last 3 weeks and nothing could possibly be added for either side of the argument.
Italy because totti internationally retired and de rossi isn't receiving call ups

/ignoranttroll.

Well said Thumbs up
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:56 pm

7amood11 wrote:Right now? Portugal easily. Italy still has to improve.

How so? Momo seeing that you actually have more knowledge unlike TheAguia here, please elaborate. If your going to just mention players, then it's false.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:44 am

To people who judge based on names, look no further than the Copa do understand that names are only 33% of the strength of any team.

Neither Italy nor PNT showed us the remaining 66% (tactics, teamwork) since neither were really tested.

Saying such is stronger than such at the moment is ridicilous, since it can not be backed up by any meaningful arguments.

As for the 33% we are arguing about, this thread have already exhausted all arguments regarding so.

Finally, it is impossible to say which of two similarity placed teams is better until an international tournament comes.

I predict a lot of heat in the coming euro.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 am

sciacca wrote:

How so? Momo seeing that you actually have more knowledge unlike TheAguia here, please elaborate. If your going to just mention players, then it's false.
he is more knowledgeable then me because he support juve?
i agree you probably have more knowledge than me in regards to italian players but that doesnt mean you know everything(that includes italian and portuguese football which you dont seem to watch at all)
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 am

sorry just had to reply at the nonsensical attacks at me
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 am

theaguia wrote:
sciacca wrote:

he is more knowledgeable then me because he support juve?
i agree you probably have more knowledge than me in regards to italian players but that doesnt mean you know everything(that includes italian and portuguese football which you dont seem to watch at all)

When on earth did I say he is more knowledgeable then you because he is Juventus fan. Read properly. All you do is coming with false information and compare the squads only within players. Lack of knowledge. Momo here has more knowledge then you because most of his views are always backed up, and im awaiting to see what he brings up. I have more knowledge than you in Italian 'Players'... Once again, players are part of it, were looking at the whole picture between both clubs. Portuguese Football as in Internationally I do, in which I already proved my opinion with multiple facts in which you still didn't do up to this date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:47 am

i think this is a close match but problem for italy might be the wingers of PNT.
Italy fullbacks are crap imo and cr7,nani will get past them easily
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 am

ZsG7 wrote:i think this is a close match but problem for italy might be the wingers of PNT.
Italy fullbacks are crap imo and cr7,nani will get past them easily

Italia do not utilize wingers. :coffee:

...and Maggio and Balzaretti ? Yeah right.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:26 am

Ahh ffs people let it go.

Lord Spencer wrote:To people who judge based on names, look no further than the Copa do understand that names are only 33% of the strength of any team.

Neither Italy nor PNT showed us the remaining 66% (tactics, teamwork) since neither were really tested.

Saying such is stronger than such at the moment is ridicilous, since it can not be backed up by any meaningful arguments.

As for the 33% we are arguing about, this thread have already exhausted all arguments regarding so.

Finally, it is impossible to say which of two similarity placed teams is better until an international tournament comes.

I predict a lot of heat in the coming euro.

Thank you! +1
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 am

Italy is better than Portugal.

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 am

since you were hating on nani and not calling him portuguese because he wasnt born in portugal

read this#
France's greatest side were certainly a multicultural group, but only two of the squad who won the 1998 World Cup final were born elsewhere and Zidane himself, though of Algerian parentage, was born in Marseille. Those two were Patrick Vieira (born in Senegal) and Marcel Desailly (Ghana).

Plenty of others, however, came from foreign families or grew up elsewhere. They included Bernard Lama (French Guiana), Youri Djorkaeff (Poland and Armenia), Robert Pires (Spain and Portugal), Alain Boghossian (Armenia) and David Trezeguet (Argentina). In addition, Thierry Henry, Lilian Thuram and Bernard Diomede all come from families in France's Caribbean territories and Thuram was actually born in Guadelope. Christian Karembeu was also born in a French territory, though New Caledonia - in the Pacific Ocean - may become a separate country in the future.

However, there is an earlier World Cup-winning squad had far more foreign-born players. Italy's policy of including the oriundi - players of Italian heritage but South American birth - was controversial, but helped them to victory in 1934. Four of their squad - Attilio Demaria, Enrique Guaita, Luis Monti and Raimundo Orsi - were born in Argentina and another, Anfilogino Guarisi, was born in Brazil.
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:44 am

Italiy is a country who cant produce wing players to save their life lol.

neurtal-

"nani destroys all italian wingers"

roman emperor-"but italy does not use wingers,so italy wins"

pathetic kids.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Sigh again...

milanista99 wrote:I believe that Italy is better than Portugal at the moment, for a number of reasons. And these reasons are not that Italy have four World Cups or a better league.

1. Since we are talking about at the moment, Italy is in red hot form. They are top of their Euro group and dominate their matches. Prandelli has bought an identity to the team, which was vastly lacking under Lippi. Portugal under Bento has improved considerably from the Quieroz Portugal and was really impressive in the 4-0 against Spain (the team was second string though) but in the other matches they struggled. In terms of form Italy is ahead of Portugal.

2. In terms of individual talent, Italy just edges out Portugal. Buffon is miles better than greasy gloved Eduardo and Chiellini is a world class CB, he just doesn't get credit because of Juventus' woes which he is not at all responsible for. In a combined Portugal/Italy XI I would Chellini and Carvalho as CB, and put Pepe in the false 6 role he played at the Clasicos. Coentrao is better than Balzaretti offensively but Balzaretti is better defensively, but as an all round player Coentrao>Balzaretti. I do not know who Portugal's RB is so can't comment on Maggio vs Portugal RB. In midfield Pirlo is still class, De Rossi despite having a poor season is one of the best DMs in the world when on form, and Marchisio has been on of the best midfielders in Serie A this season, Montolivo has been impressive in both club and NT. Portugal has Moutinho, Meirless and Veloso, while Veloso is in my opinion average, Meirless and Moutinho are far from mediocre. Italy's midfield edges it out, Pirlo on the national team is the Pirlo of old, De Rossi is better than Veloso, and I can't decide between Marchiso/Montolivo and Meirless. Italy's midfield also has better depth with Aquillani, Motta Nocerino etc. In attack Portugal has two world class wingers in Ronaldo and Nani, however Italy's formation does not require a winger. Rossi has been the best attacker in La Lgia after Ronaldo and Messi, Pazzini and Matri are two top level CFs and both are better than Liedson and Postiga, Cassano is the heart and soul of the team, (and HE DID NOT FLOP AT MILAN, without him we could have kiss our Scudetto goodbye, he saved our a$$es numerous times and has 4 goals and 8 assists in 5 months) Giovinco is of course nowhere near Ronaldo but is one of the most promising wingers in the world and Balotelli, minus the darts and hot temper is a deadly striker and can go on to be a world beater one day.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 pm

sciacca wrote:

Well if I offended you or anything, sorry. It's just my opinion.

It's just that Italy have had a really really disappointing World Cup, and I think that affects my opinion on the team. And I don't think they have improved to the point of being able to beat Portugal. To be honest, I don't have anything to back this up, it's just a random opinion (I was wrong to say "easily" in my first post). And this question is really debatable, but the I think the WC swayed my opinion in Portugal's favor.

In the end, I think neither of us can prove anything without getting into a long debate like the previous one, so I suggest we end it here and wait until the Euro 2012, that will be a way to definitely decide on who's better.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:45 pm

i dont understand this logic portugal who have got the two of the best wingers will be ineffective because italy's formation doesnt use wingerS?? huh doesnt that mean that it ll be harder for the italian full backs because the non - existent wingers wont track back ... you cant expect ronaldo and nani to stop using the flanks because italy dont use wingplay..lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Portugal's better, atm.

Seriously Sciacca?

Sciacca: "Wingers are irrelavent because our system does not use wingers."

Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Portugal's better, atm.

Seriously Sciacca?

Laughing
'

Good god. Just when I thought he couldn't outdo himself.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 pm

portugal, not even close

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Portugal's better, atm.

Seriously Sciacca?

Laughing

Trying to outdo the box to box left back :king:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 pm

I do not see why people are saying the winger thing is stupid.

How can you say Portugal have better wingers if we do not use or have wingers.

"I have a nicer car than you."
"I do not own a car."
"Yeah so I win."

Sound justifiable ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:I do not see why people are saying the winger thing is stupid.

"I do not own a car."
"Yeah so I win."

Sound justifiable ?

portugal doesnt use a real striker( a false 9), so italy's strikers dont count?

and with your car example, techinally the guy with the car is winning in life,
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:I do not see why people are saying the winger thing is stupid.

"I do not own a car."
"Yeah so I win."

Sound justifiable ?

Pretty bad example IMO

Doesn't use doesn't mean not got although I can give you benefit of the doubt as I don't suppose English is ya first language.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next