USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

+16
Lex
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
RealGunner
Warrior
Harmonica
BarcaLearning
BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Arquitecto
El Gunner
Myesyats
FennecFox7
McLewis
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Thimmy Tue May 21, 2024 8:44 pm

I have talked to Americans here who have attempted to downplay the whole gun culture and normalcy of civilians carrying guns in the US, and yet the very same people dropped to the ground and held their hands above their heads when a balloon popped while a kid was walking out from what I assume was a birthday party at McDonald's.

Also, how paranoid do you have to be to not only confuse the sound of an acorn hitting a flat surface for a gunshot, but also convince yourself that it inflicted a gun wound on you? The guy's crawling around, believing he's been shot Laughing

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 13221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue May 21, 2024 9:18 pm

rofl it's like a satire comedy sketch
unbelievable
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22909
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue May 21, 2024 11:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:we clearly have different definitions of "manning up"... mine is to stop bitching on an internet forum and stop victimizing yourself with extreme leftist ideology, and take control of your own life however you can... not to be confrontational as you may have thought

hit me up in my PMs... send those big US bucks this side and let's buy property here in Namibia, we'll split 60/40 since it's your money, i put in all the work this side... you can eventually move back here to the motherland for an early retirement... i'm serious about it

this offer goes for anyone on here btw... i'm sure you all live in countries with stronger currencies... so look into offshore investments... property is a booming industry in Namibia at the moment and the country is only growing with lots of foreign companies and nationals joining industries here... this is the perfect time to get in on it

you don't necessarily need to have plans of relocating here, but if you wanna multiply your passive income, let's talk... i have no reason to fuck any of you over, i know what integrity means, we are all friends here

Interesting incentive but Namibia seems really far away. I've always loved the skeleton coast, is it safe to visit? Are there like pirates down there or smth?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19547
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by McLewis Wed May 22, 2024 1:17 am

El Gunner wrote:we clearly have different definitions of "manning up"... mine is to stop bitching on an internet forum and stop victimizing yourself with extreme leftist ideology, and take control of your own life however you can... not to be confrontational as you may have thought

hit me up in my PMs... send those big US bucks this side and let's buy property here in Namibia, we'll split 60/40 since it's your money, i put in all the work this side... you can eventually move back here to the motherland for an early retirement... i'm serious about it

I want to take this apart in a couple of pieces.

we clearly have different definitions of "manning up"... mine is to stop bitching on an internet forum and stop victimizing yourself with extreme leftist ideology, and take control of your own life however you can... not to be confrontational as you may have thought

No one is making you read my posts. No one is making you login here. You don't want to read my "bitching", there are plenty of red-pill incel enclaves that you can call home on these here interwebz. The conclusion I draw is something I said has repeatedly struck a nerve with you or else you wouldn't be on here lamenting about my "extreme leftist ideology".

As for my "victimization", I prefer to think of it as a realization. Police departments all over this country use incomplete data compiled from disparate federal databases that tell them that Black males commit more violent crime in this country than any other demographic. They use this data to train themselves accordingly. They use this data to justify their brutality within Black communities. They use this data to shield themselves from accountability. And more importantly, they use this data to trick utterly uneducated lookers-on like you into dehumanizing the reality what it is to be Black in this country. What I find wild about this is that I see that you've posted on this forum from South Africa, of all places. You hail from Namibia, colonized and brutalized under the Germans in what is considered by some to have been the precursor to apartheid and the Holocaust. If what occurred in these places to Black bodies at the hands of white authoritarian regimes is not enough for you to understand where I'm coming from, then you never will. And that's a choice. So you can deride me all you want, but it doesn't change what I know about policing in this country nor does it change what you don't know and don't want to know.

hit me up in my PMs... send those big US bucks this side and let's buy property here in Namibia, we'll split 60/40 since it's your money, i put in all the work this side... you can eventually move back here to the motherland for an early retirement... i'm serious about it

I have no desire to permanently live outside of the US. A strange thing to say considering how critical I am of this country, I'm sure. A lot of Black Americans feel like the best thing we can do stay and demand better from our government. Our ancestors never got that chance. The best way we know to honor their memories is to hold those in power accountable. That becomes harder to do from abroad so leaving the country after all of that just doesn't make sense when the whole point of fighting for those freedoms was precisely to have the freedom to leave if we wanted. I simply choose not to.

And beyond that, my "big bucks" are tied up in the house I just bought and the 2 kids I still need to get through school. I'll have a lot more disposable income once the nest is empty. Then maybe I'll ask for details on your offer in order to consider it, if it was truly made in good faith and we're all still on here talking about this stuff.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13395
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by McLewis Wed May 22, 2024 1:34 am

Thimmy wrote:I have talked to Americans here who have attempted to downplay the whole gun culture and normalcy of civilians carrying guns in the US, and yet the very same people dropped to the ground and held their hands above their heads when a balloon popped while a kid was walking out from what I assume was a birthday party at McDonald's.

Also, how paranoid do you have to be to not only confuse the sound of an acorn hitting a flat surface for a gunshot, but also convince yourself that it inflicted a gun wound on you? The guy's crawling around, believing he's been shot Laughing


Such is the obsession many of my compatriots have with guns. Add inflation, a widening gap in wealth inequality, and rampant greed at all levels and in all halls of power and this is what you see.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13395
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by McLewis Wed May 22, 2024 1:46 am

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote: states have been increasingly passing laws that essentially criminalize being uncooperative with law enforcement, which I consider to be bad laws.

Come on, those are bad laws?

If you act like that with police, they will approach you differently too. The cop in the video was literally very calm and nice, even though he got insulted and spat in face. The lady later asserts that "all white people are evil", so inherently they are programmed to not listen to law enforcement. That is anarchy if you come from a position that you dont have to listen any law enforcement at all, but then you cant act surprised when police treat you differently too.


I believe most states consider spitting on someone to be assault and/or battery. While I personally don't consider that to be either of those things, I'm not in a position to repeal such laws so it is what it is.

Unless a cop has probable cause and/or has a warrant for search and/or seizure of my property, I have no obligation to help them investigate me and neither did this woman, no matter how nice the cop was being nor how nasty she was being. They need to demonstrate which laws she broke in order to justify their response. That's a major problem because police rarely do this in good faith.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13395
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed May 22, 2024 8:22 am

Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:we clearly have different definitions of "manning up"... mine is to stop bitching on an internet forum and stop victimizing yourself with extreme leftist ideology, and take control of your own life however you can... not to be confrontational as you may have thought

hit me up in my PMs... send those big US bucks this side and let's buy property here in Namibia, we'll split 60/40 since it's your money, i put in all the work this side... you can eventually move back here to the motherland for an early retirement... i'm serious about it

this offer goes for anyone on here btw... i'm sure you all live in countries with stronger currencies... so look into offshore investments... property is a booming industry in Namibia at the moment and the country is only growing with lots of foreign companies and nationals joining industries here... this is the perfect time to get in on it

you don't necessarily need to have plans of relocating here, but if you wanna multiply your passive income, let's talk... i have no reason to fuck any of you over, i know what integrity means, we are all friends here

Interesting incentive but Namibia seems really far away. I've always loved the skeleton coast, is it safe to visit? Are there like pirates down there or smth?

it may be far but thanks to the brilliance of technology, a bank transfer is instantaneous.

The Skeleton Coast gets its name from many who have dared tried to conquer it, but miserably failed. It's a rough, wild and wicked area of the Atlantic Ocean along our coast where many drowned in various circumstances. I myself, a drowning survivor, if you remember my thread 7 years ago.

McLewis will be pleased to know that many a colonizer also met their fate at the hands of this treacherous Her Sea. Their ships wrecked to shreds, where still to this day a bone or piece of wreckage may still be spat out on to the beach as a reminder of what a cruel and indifferent natured world we live in.

No, we have no pirates. Pirates are more an East African thing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22909
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed May 22, 2024 9:17 am

@McLewis thanks for the in-depth reply. It's nothing personal, i just tend to like pushing back and giving a different perspective whenever i see what i perceive to be extreme or exaggerated opinions, regardless if it's left or right leaning.

Here in Namibia, we don't like to live in the past or recall the past as much as other countries. We're a fairly easy going community, and while ethnicities generally do live apart and do their own thing like anywhere else, there's no tension in the air when you walk outside in the street or in public spots amongst "others".

In fact, the local Blacks are thriving at the moment in Namibia, especially the Oshiwambo ethnicity who are the majority population group of the country and have held the political seat (SWAPO party) since Independence, 1990.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22909
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Vibe Wed May 22, 2024 11:50 am

I always thought you were from the Emirates from some reason.

And you were Bantu all along, deceived.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10161
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed May 22, 2024 12:41 pm

i'm mixed, Steph Curry skin colour, my African side is most likely Khoisan (the original people of Southern AFRICA) and all i know of my European side is that i have some French in me.

i actually need to do one of those heritage tests one day
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22909
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Vibe Wed May 22, 2024 5:42 pm

Nice.

You should probably stay away from farming though.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10161
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Mon May 27, 2024 2:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:
The Skeleton Coast gets its name from many who have dared tried to conquer it, but miserably failed. It's a rough, wild and wicked area of the Atlantic Ocean along our coast where many drowned in various circumstances. I myself, a drowning survivor, if you remember my thread 7 years ago.

I do remember! That thread was made 7 years ago?! damn time flies

Interestingly some scenes in Fallout were shot on the Skeleton Coast. I have that show bookmarked to watch soon. The landscapes in Namibia are some of the best anywhere around the world
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19547
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon May 27, 2024 6:24 pm

portions of Mad Mad Fury Road were also shot in the Namib Desert
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22909
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

 USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum