McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 18 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 am

I seriously dont care now. If Rodger starts poorly next season, i mean till november, including things like poor group stage performances in Europa and exit from FA Cup, he should be sacked. For me next season, top 4 and a cup both are needed if he wants to stay here longer.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 18 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:08 pm

both his YES-MEN been sacked Proud (Mike Marsh and Colin Pascoe)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Assistant manager and first-coach get fired, but the manager stays, what kind of logic is that? xD

"Brendan, we know it wasn't your fault, it was Pascoe and Marsh, we'll fire them as recognition that things haven't gone well, but we'll keep the one in charge, you."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Very glad those two got sacked. They didn't have the qualifications to be coaching at Liverpool on any level. Rodgers nepotism for these past 3 years has really pissed me off.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:21 am

I don't know has any club ever done this before, recognise that a change of direction is needed, but sack the coaching staff while keep the guy who has been in charge of them all along.

The positive spin I can put on this is that we hire someone for assistant manager who could potentially become an interim manager if Rodgers is sacked during the season. Pascoe didn't have the credentials to put that kind of pressure on Rodgers. A certain Sami Hyypiä does come to mind, though... Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:22 am

Imagine we get Klopp and Ancelotti to replace Marsh and Pascoe as Brenda's assistance rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:16 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't know has any club ever done this before, recognise that a change of direction is needed, but sack the coaching staff while keep the guy who has been in charge of them all along.

The positive spin I can put on this is that we hire someone for assistant manager who could potentially become an interim manager if Rodgers is sacked during the season. Pascoe didn't have the credentials to put that kind of pressure on Rodgers. A certain Sami Hyypiä does come to mind, though... Proud

Ferguson changed his Assistant Manager around Seven times during his time at Man Utd scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:29 am

Fergie changed his assistants himself, the management didn't chop of his right hand men for him as scapegoats as is the case with our situation.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:12 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't know has any club ever done this before, recognise that a change of direction is needed, but sack the coaching staff while keep the guy who has been in charge of them all along.

I was actually thinking about this. With the departure of Gerrard, there's none to represent the blood-line of Liverpool. Someone like Hyypia or Carragher may not contribute technically, but they can be a great driving/motivating factor in instilling character among the squad.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:16 am

Don't call me James wrote:Fergie changed his assistants himself, the management didn't chop of his right hand men for him as scapegoats as is the case with our situation.

I fail to find any report suggesting BR has no hand in the changes. On the contrary reports suggest otherwise.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:18 am

As if Brenda fired his best friend Pascoe. I'm not going to believe the PR bs reports are suggesting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:20 am

iftikhar wrote:

I was actually thinking about this. With the departure of Gerrard, there's none to represent the blood-line of Liverpool. Someone like Hyypia or Carragher may not contribute technically, but they can be a great driving/motivating factor in instilling character among the squad.

Hyypiä actually did a good job as manager of Leverkusen for a while. Which is not such an easy thing to do.
So it's not like he has nothing to show for as a coach and would only be of benefit symbolically, due to his ties to the club.

I'd say he'd surely be able to stop the bleeding in your defense, though I can't see why he would want to subject himself to be bossed by a guy with less gravitas.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

Hyypiä actually did a good job as manager of Leverkusen for a while. Which is not such an easy thing to do.
So it's not like he has nothing to show for as a coach and would only be of benefit symbolically, due to his ties to the club.

I'd say he'd surely be able to stop the bleeding in your defense, though I can't see why he would want to subject himself to be bossed by a guy with less gravitas.
I'm NOT saying he or Carragher wouldn't be able to contribute. I'm saying they SURELY be contributing in motivation/discipline (in addition to other aspects).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:49 am

Now that the dusts have settled (meaning, Rodgers is staying), I’m going to ask the mods/admins to merge these two threads

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37789p90-sky-sports-rodgers-set-to-stay
http://www.goallegacy.net/t37725p270-the-official-rodgers-out-thread

with this one,

http://www.goallegacy.net/t21764p324-rodgers-new-liverpool-manager-bbc
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:53 am

I merged the Rodgers set to stay thread with this one, but the Rodgers out one should stay on it's own as it is an opinion on him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Ferguson was a special case, there was no question what so ever that he was the right man for the club, so coaching staff changes during his tenure are not comparable to what's happening at our club.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:18 pm

No question whatsoever when he had much worse first three seasons than Rodgers?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:25 pm

We need to stop bringing this fergie failed in his first few seasons crap, were in a different ERA now, clubs and managers don't have that luxury, footballs changed.

With Stevie gone now i would love a Liverpool legend like Cara or Hyppia controlling our defense, FFS that can't *bleep* up any more than Rodgers had and they'll bring back some Real Liverpool DNA back to our club.

Look at our club, our managment, our coaching staff our players, no one is truly liverpool anymore.

We need someone like carra back.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Sunday People - Pako Ayestaran set to return as the new assistant to Brendan Rodgers. Alex Inglethorpe also set to be added to the staff.

:coffee: hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Should've given Roy Hodgson 4+ seasons as Fergie did even worse in his first 3 seasons. We potentially missed out on a legendary manager. :coffee:

Goodness I can't even imagine how absolutely annoying EL Cujo would have been during the Hodgson era.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Btw

Liverpool set to reappoint Pako Ayesteran to coaching staff as Brendan Rodgers' new No2

Spaniard who spent three years at Anfield when Rafa Benitez was boss expected to replace Colin Pascoe after a trophy-winning stint managing in Israel

By Neil Moxley

Liverpool are going back to the future with Rafael Benitez’s old No.2 Pako Ayestaran set to return as the new assistant to Brendan Rodgers, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

Rodgers has been left without an assistant after his right-hand man Colin Pascoe followed coach Mike Marsh out of the Anfield exit door this week.

And the hot favourite to take over is Spaniard Ayestaran , who worked at the Merseyside giants for three years under the watchful eye of now Real Madrid boss Benitez.

Ayestaran is back in Britain from Israel, where he led Maccabi Tel Aviv to a domestic treble as manager.

He will act as Rodgers’ assistant, with Alex Inglethorpe also set to be added to the first-team coaching staff.

Inglethorpe currently acts as Liverpool’s academy director, but is being tipped to step up alongside Rodgers and Ayestaran.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-set-reappoint-pako-ayesteran-5836323

Remember Pako ffs Proud

So basically Pako replacing Pascoe, and Inglethrope replacing Marsh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:04 am

Don't call me James wrote:Should've given Roy Hodgson 4+ seasons as Fergie did even worse in his first 3 seasons. We potentially missed out on a legendary manager. :coffee:

Goodness I can't even imagine how absolutely annoying EL Cujo would have been during the Hodgson era.

rofl I try to ignore you as much as possible these days, but you flip flop more than anyone I've seen on this site and people are constantly bringing up all the old shit you say and throwing it in your face.

The fact that you can't see the difference between what Hodgson was doing here and what Rodgers has been doing is all that needs to be said. You're more of a fraud than all the others you call "fraud". A fair weather fan at best.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:52 am

James (not bond) wrote:So basically Pako replacing Pascoe, and Inglethrope replacing Marsh.
Pako would/should be good. No idea about Inglethrope.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:56 am

I'm cool with having Pako back, if that were to happen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:58 am

Ahhh proof that my posts are totally ignored in the wrath towards BR. :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:00 am

btw, has anyone seen Fahim lately?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next