Art Morte
iftikhar
poolsupporter
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan... Empty If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan...

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:20 pm

How would you react ?

I'd personally stop watching until the devils are gone.

If I wanted to support a sack-happy team, I'd support Chelsea, cuz I would have had chance to celebrate more glory and trophies. this longativity was one of the main reasons Liverpool WAS a special club, and if this capitalists sack yet another manager after one season, then we are as good as Blackburn or Aston Villa, and I for one would refuse to support that and will walk away and start watching Volleyball until a fan-ownership is installed.

what would you do ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan... Empty Re: If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan...

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 pm

They won't sack Rodgers. I'm certain he'll get at least one more season. And I would support the club no matter what. Bullshit argument if people claim they will stop supporting their team because they sacked someone. I won't sit here and say I agree with the owners if they sacked Brendan but no way will that stop me from loving this club.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan... Empty Re: If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan...

Post by poolsupporter Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm

No matter what happens, I doubt I could ever get to a position where I refuse to follow the club anymore.

With that said, I think the owners, fans, etc. have to figure out whether the manager has actually progressed or done any good. And while I don't believe we've seen much progression, I'd hope we stick with Brendan for the sake of consistency at the very least. Throwing in a new manager yet again isn't going to help us.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 pm

I have a feeling that had Gerrard's penalty gone in, everyone would be so happy, talking of taking Everton over next week and getting into top 6, and progress and good form continuing.

it's amazing how much of an important role fine margins play in football.

I would sooo be against new changing and chopping, because it achieves *bleep* all. It means new manager coming, wanting his own players, squad overhaul again, new way of playing again, transitional season again, absolutely nothing.

Before Hodgson we had 4 managers in 20 years, if FSG do the unthinkable we'd have 4 managers in 4 years of their reign which would be UNACCEPTABLE to me at least. that just shows their incompetency as owners iMO.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm

I have stuck with Liverpool since 1987. During this time I seen United 'knocking us from our perch', relegeted City winning EPL, Portsmouth winning FA Cup, Spurs gaining ascendency, Chelsea becoming dominant and all these while we wait for the 19th. I'm like Kenny 'n Carra (not trying to elevate myself), no matter what I'm stuck with LFC.

Don't think FSG will sack Rodgers. If they wanted quick fix or fast-trackked glory, they wouldn't have chosen some 'high-profile' guy.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am

I'd be fine with it, but as of yet I don't know do I want him sacked at the end of the season or not. Depends how our last 12 games go (Europa League can salvage something if we reach the semis, but at the moment it feels secondary to me).

iftikhar wrote:I have stuck with Liverpool since 1987. During this time I seen United 'knocking us from our perch', relegeted City winning EPL, Portsmouth winning FA Cup, Spurs gaining ascendency, Chelsea becoming dominant and all these while we wait for the 19th. I'm like Kenny 'n Carra (not trying to elevate myself), no matter what I'm stuck with LFC.

Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 am

What would be the point of managerial-go around though ?!

It's not exactly achieving miracles at Roma or Inter (as they are the closest examples to us, I don't count Chelsea because they have unlimited resources).

FSG have sacked almost all of their employees at least once, they've sucked balls at appointing people ANYWHERE in the club, hell even director of communications. They are just so inexperienced it's embarrassing, and I am afraid that their rookiness could cost Liverpool football club its great image and special feeling.

Blackburn, Aston Villa, etc.....we'll be heading at those places if those clowns keep sacking managers every 8 months

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:36 am

I don't want stability when we are bad.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't want stability when we are bad.

You would have sacked Ferguson in his first season mate. let's be honest Very Happy

My question is, WE HAVE NOT BEEN STABLE in 4 years, 4 DIFFERENT MANAGERS...maybe the problem lies elsewhere ?!

FSG have shown they don't want a big household name managing us, so it's not like we'll hire Klopps or Guardiolas of this world if we sack Brendan. They'll probably hire Lambert.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am

Brendan has done very little to suggest he is good enough a manager for us. I would have kept Dalglish.
We are having a worse season than the last one and Swansea are having a better one without Brendan than with him.

He's got about a third of the season left to convince me enough that he can get this team to perform consistently at the needed level.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 am

Disagree Art. Performances are much better this season than under Kenny. Yes we've been inconsistent but that's because of the alien system our players are adapting to. I would be worried if we're in this position next season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Disagree Art. Performances are much better this season than under Kenny. Yes we've been inconsistent but that's because of the alien system our players are adapting to. I would be worried if we're in this position next season.

Can't say I've seen that.

And what's so alien about our system?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 am

You're either blinded by the Rodger Hate goggles or you don't remember most of our struggling performances last season where we wouldn't put anyone in the box to score goals. Most importantly WE DON'T HOOF. Performances are miles better imo.

The system is alien because our players have never played it before bar Allen. Borini played for 6 months in the second division (which doesn't count).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 am

Roy, Kenny, Rodgers. Three managers combining for less than three (full) seasons. I say that's the root of this trouble. I'm not saying we should have stuck with Roy. But three different managers, three different strategies and three different sets of players are not the ingredients for success.

When this happens even established players suffer as they have to adapt to new strategy 'n players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:You're either blinded by the Rodger Hate goggles or you don't remember most of our struggling performances last season where we wouldn't put anyone in the box to score goals. Most importantly WE DON'T HOOF. Performances are miles better imo.

The system is alien because our players have never played it before bar Allen. Borini played for 6 months in the second division (which doesn't count).

If I hated Rodgers I'd want him out already. I'm willing to wait until the season's end before finally judging.

Last season we reached two cup finals and I don't know were the players in the box or not, but they managed to hit the woodwork like a record times in the league. We dominated most games just like this season.

Also I don't know what's wrong with playing a long ball now ang again when you've got a good target man and last season we did.

That "players adapting to 4-3-3" argument was valid for the first third of the season, but no longer, imo. They're all playing familiar positions to them and it's not like the 4-3-3 is quantum physics to any footballer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:32 am

They wont sack Brendan. It wouldnt make sense. If they did I would feel sick to the pit of my stomach tbh.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Pessimists. Pessismists everywhere.

What kind of thread is this?

He's not getting sacked. LONG TERM DOES NOT EQUAL TO 7 MONTHS.

Art... you've basically acted as if you wanted him sacked the moment he was appointed. The performances HAVE been better than last season.

Messiah... it's not an alien system. We used to play a posssession based system under Rafa... our problem is still in the final third under Rodgers. Borini still can't seem to get a game for some sort of reason and Sturridge has been injured lately (our last 2 games lost). Suarez needs to sit one out but we don't have the option to let him rest. Downing still manages to find game time ffs.

Buying a better keeper in the summer, alongside someone to replace Downing for the final third and a number 9 and we'll be a genuine threat to the 3rd spot next season. Yes. I said 3rd. Not 4th.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:47 pm

ynwa wrote:Pessimists. Pessismists everywhere.

What kind of thread is this?

He's not getting sacked. LONG TERM DOES NOT EQUAL TO 7 MONTHS.

Art... you've basically acted as if you wanted him sacked the moment he was appointed. The performances HAVE been better than last season.

LAMBERT ! ! LAMBERT ! ! ! LAMBERT! ! ! LAMBERT! ! !

Chaka

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 am

ynwa wrote:

Being displeased with the manager isn't the same thing as wanting him sacked on the spot, but it is possible that I will wish him gone at the end of the season, we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 am

If based on only results, every football team goes on sacking managers, the football world would probably collapse. It works only with chelsea, the simple reason is the treasure of oil.

It's so straighforward to see, there are many resutls where we were denied three points (ruled out goal, most stupid mistake on this earth n all n alll). Let's say out of those, had we got 3 points for any three, everyone knows where we would have been by now. But it is equally important that it is manager's job to manage such things to avoid such horrendous mistakes.

If these arsch people do sack,... ... .... no sense on thinking or talking about it. I am not sure if BR has enough in him to take us back to glory days, but I am sure if given time and proper resources he can take us to next level.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:24 am

Completely uninterested in this thread until there's some indication, somewhere, from someone at the club that this is even being considered. Considering there has been nothing of the sort, our speculating on how unhappy we'd hypothetically be if something that hasn't been mentioned happens feels pretty useless.

Also, the title of the thread makes me find it hard to take any of the content seriously, even before reading the silliness being posted inside.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am

stevieg8 wrote:Completely uninterested in this thread until there's some indication, somewhere, from someone at the club that this is even being considered. Considering there has been nothing of the sort, our speculating on how unhappy we'd hypothetically be if something that hasn't been mentioned happens feels pretty useless.

Also, the title of the thread makes me find it hard to take any of the content seriously, even before reading the silliness being posted inside.

There have been some rather different views posted, all of them silly?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Completely uninterested in this thread until there's some indication, somewhere, from someone at the club that this is even being considered. Considering there has been nothing of the sort, our speculating on how unhappy we'd hypothetically be if something that hasn't been mentioned happens feels pretty useless.

There have been some rather different views posted, all of them silly?

Art: I guess he was being general just not to point out any given individual . . . hmm

Stevieg8: full on agreement with you mate!! But i think we should consider Lambert he would definitely bring back our glory in the Coca Cola Cup or the Npower Championship!!! Chaka

If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan... Paul-lambert-006
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:14 am

Art Morte wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Being displeased with the manager isn't the same thing as wanting him sacked on the spot, but it is possible that I will wish him gone at the end of the season, we'll see.

There's no difference between you wanting him gone now and waiting for the end of the season to admit it. Your mind is set. He will not be sacked though. This thread is basically clutching at straws to take a cheap shot at FSG...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:46 am

If we are ninth when the season ends I will most likely want him gone, but if we show good form and results between now and the last match of the campaign, that will count for something.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum