Babun
FC_Hollywood
Geo
29 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 Empty Re: #28 - Holger Badstuber

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Hope you know I wasn't referring to you but Badstuber fan boy who wrote the article......
Oops. Well, frankly it didn't occur to me at first, but good that you cleared this up. In any case, it would probably be wiser not to throw around insulting lines when there is a danger they could be misunderstood.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:04 pm

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 543617_359269687452433_100001082154901_984742_638662833_n

stubsi is a Chelsea fan :vagi:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:43 pm

I guess he thinks Chelsea might be a better opponent for Bayern than Barca, if they get to the final. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Totally. I don't want Barcelona in a final for all the love of the world.

Both are beatable at home, but Chelsea more so.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 Empty Do you think it would be fair to not play Stubsi for the rest of the season?

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:32 am

No Stubsi for the UCL final, and that's our main target. There's still the Pokal vs BVB however to keep into consideration.

Would you guys play Tymo alongside Boateng for our last 2/3 matches to have them get experience with each other and essentially benching Badstuber for the rest of the season in preparation for the CL final?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:42 am

When is Van Buyten back from injury, he'll be needed to take out Drogba
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:31 am

Well, for the DFB Pokal, Stubsi is definitely the better choice, so it would probably be better to not leave him out completely till then. I think playing Tymo and Stubsi a half time each for the remaining matches might be sensible.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Interview with Holger Badstuber from fcbayern.de - for once this is not translated by me ^^

Exclusive interview
Badstuber: I’m not the finished product yet

With one game remaining in the Bundesliga, Bayern's meagre total of 21 goals conceded is easily the lowest in the league. If FCB can keep a 19th clean sheet of the campaign in Saturday's trip to Cologne, they would match their own record set in 2007/08. One of the biggest contributors this term has been Holger Badstuber, who has started 32 fixtures and missed only the trip to Bremen.

In fact, Holger was still on the field at the final whistle 31 times. “It's been a very decent season for me so far," the defender modestly told fcbayern.de, although he did agree he has taken “a big step forward" in 2011/12. The 23-year-old FCB youth product looked back on some action-packed weeks, offered his views on the forthcoming finals in the DFB Cup and Champions League, and reflected on the luxury of a two-and-a-half day break.

Interview: Holger Badstuber

fcbayern.de: Holger, after playing twice a week for seven weeks, you've had two-and-a-half days off. Did you enjoy it?
Holger Badstuber: We’ve all enjoyed catching up on the leisure time we've missed in recent weeks. I think it's done everyone in the team, and also me personally, a lot of good. It's good to get away a little, recharge the batteries which were pretty much empty, and turn your thoughts to other things. It's important to do so from time to time.

Which was more important: resting your legs or your brain?
Clearing our heads, I'd say! Your legs will always manage, and I personally have no problem playing through all these matches. But obviously it's very important to switch off, come down from this permanent state of tension, from the ceaseless concentration, and just rebuild your mental strength. But I'm ready again now and looking forward to our remaining matches.

An eventful period is now behind you, with a cup thriller in Gladbach, the match which effectively decided the title in Dortmund, and the Real double-header. Have you had time to reflect on it all? How would you sum it all up?
Obviously, it's a mix of positives and negatives, but it all happens so quickly in football. We won in Gladbach and were overjoyed to make the cup final. The trip to Berlin is fantastic for the club as a whole. Then we went to Dortmund on the back of a great run during which we won everything, and we'd closed the gap too. Losing there was devastating. But then we had the highlight tie against Madrid, where you sensed the support of the whole of Germany, not just the Bayern fans. And getting through against such a great team at the Bernabéu was massive. It's been an exciting time with highs and lows.

What did you make of the reaction to reaching the Champions League final?
It was unbelievable and crazy. We had text after text, people came up to me in the streets and congratulated me. The city is in uproar, because everyone's looking forward to the final and they’re proud of the club. It's really impressive and I never thought the reaction would be so extreme.

Even after a normal Champions League match, it's hard to come down and get some sleep. What was it like after the match in Madrid? Did you get any shuteye?
No, I couldn't sleep, I was awake until six in the morning. We were late back to the hotel from the stadium, and then we had the banquet. And you’re still buzzing, not just me but all the players. No-one could sleep, so we gathered in the lobby and just sat and talked. It was yet more evidence of our team spirit.

And the action just keeps on coming: how much are you looking forward to the rest of the season?
Totally! We're definitely taking the last Bundesliga fixture in Cologne very seriously, because it's good preparation for the cup final. If we play well on Saturday, we'll be in a positive mood for the remaining games.

In the Bundesliga, you could match the all-time defensive record, and Mario Gomez could end as top scorer. Do you regard these as worthwhile consolation prizes?
The title is gone, but we want to take away whatever positives we can. For me as a defender it would be great to match the defensive record. It's a way of sending out a signal. And obviously we'll try and help Mario if we can. He was top of the chart for so long, but now he's a goal behind going into the last day. We all want him to defend the top scorer trophy. But our priority is winning the match, and we'll see what else comes out of it.

A week later you have the cup final against Dortmund. You've lost to them four times in a row, so there must be a score to settle, mustn't there?
Naturally, we want to win the cup. First of all, you always want to win a final, and second, we play Dortmund. I think it's 50-50 on a neutral ground. The stadium will be divided half and half among the fans. We want to set a few things right and win the final.

Finally, there's the biggest game of them all against Chelsea. What's your overriding emotion, elation at reaching the final, or dismay that you're suspended?
First of all, I'm incredibly proud about making the final. It's really massive, for us as a team, for everyone who works to help the team, and for the whole club. You see it in the staff, how much they wanted us to get there and how much they're looking forward to the final. That's the most positive thing for me: we, FC Bayern, made the final when the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona didn't. We were underdogs against Real but we still made it. Obviously, I personally have mixed feelings, because I'd have loved to play. I saw what a huge event it is two years ago, and it's all on another level again when you're at home. I’m frankly gutted about not being able to take my place on the field. But I'll still invest all my energy in the final, keep giving it my all, and support the team as if I was in it myself.

What kind of game are you expecting against Chelsea? Will they play like they did against Barcelona, or do you think they might open up?
Only time will tell. I'm sure Chelsea will want to keep it tight at the back, because we have a fantastic forward line, but they'll also want to go on the attack themselves. I don't think they'll be as defensive as against Barcelona. I think they'll contribute to a game of football and try to take the initiative. I think it'll be a much more open match, although Chelsea are obviously strongest in defence.

Three years ago, you were playing against the likes of Sandhausen, Regensburg and Burghausen, but now you're a confirmed regular, you made it through to the Champions League final for the second time, and you're set for your second major international tournament, Euro 2012. Do you sometimes have to pinch yourself when you consider how fast it's all happened?
Pinch myself? My first year was truly breathtaking, with extraordinary personal experiences both for Bayern and Germany. Going through all that in such a short period of time was definitely overwhelming. However, I joined in at a very, very high level here at Bayern, where the target is always the league and cup. We have the quality to compete in all three competitions every season, so it's obvious you’ll experience a number of highlights. But I don't have to pinch myself, because it's just how I imagined it. That it’s actually happened makes it even better.

What role do friends and family play in your life away from football?
For me personally, it's important to be in an environment which is harmonious and allows me to concentrate totally on my football. It's very important and supportive as well, so I can deliver peak performance.

Last season, you were sidelined for a lengthy spell with a pelvic injury and you struggled to recapture your form, but you've played nearly every match this season and you’re rated one of the league's best players. Are you in fact completely free of injury?
Yes, it's totally healed. It was obvious it would take a while to get fit again after two-and-a-half months on the sidelines. On top of that, we weren't as successful as we all wanted. A number of factors came together all at once, and it wasn't easy for me. For all that, I’m glad I went through this period, because I picked up a lot and also got to know the other side of the coin. I'm benefiting from that today because it’s been a very decent season for me so far. I think I've taken a big step forward, both as a personality and as a footballer. But I intend to keep it up, because I'm convinced I can still improve. I’m not the finished product yet.

Source: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2012/34787.php
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue May 15, 2012 4:58 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/05/14/3097140/goalcoms-bundesliga-team-of-the-season-reus-ribery-piszczek

Badstuber's face. :lol!:

Problem?
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 pm

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 0,,5541739_1,00

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 Holger10

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Here's my translation of an interesting interview/article with Holger Badstuber. I think it is a pretty interesting read and IMO he is refreshingly different from many attention seeking players.

"The mind is always in action"
Author: Mounir Zitouni

He's a lateral thinker, Holger Badstuber (22) says about himself. He already went through quite a lot of things in the few years of his life so far. His father died, he hit the ground running at the FC Bayern. This left its mark on him. Here's a guy who doesn't look for the limelight.

It is difficult to write a story about a person without talking about the most important things with him. But Holger Badstuber has his principles. He doesn't want to talk about the early death of his father in March 2009.

"I think this is a private matter, and I want to keep this to myself", he says.

But someone who had to bid farewell to his father at the age of 19, just four weeks after he signed his first professional contract with Bayern München, had to cope with hard times.

"His death put a mark on me of course", Badstuber says. But that was obvious, of course. "There are many people who are good for a laugh, but that's not really the way I am", the defensive player states. His coach Jupp Heynckes confirms this, too: "Holger is very serious and has an old head on young shoulders."

Hermann Badstuber, who was youth coach as SSV Ulm and VfB Stuttgart among others, and who died of cancer at the age of 53, was the most important person for his son. When he says today: "I have started very early to practise passing with the left foot and worked for years to hone my skill, as passing is one of the foundations of playing football and one should start practising that as early as possible", then one can imagine that his father always urged him on. "The willpower and the dream to become a professional footballer was already there when I was only 10 years of age", Holger Badstuber recounts. But he had to do without a lot of things.

When he was 10 years of age, the boy from the town Rot an der Rot in the Allgäu went to the VfB Stuttgart, when he was 12, he switched to the youth academy of FC Bayern. All the time he lived in Rot, and so his parents drove him almost every day to Stuttgart (150km) and later to Munich (130km) for many years. "I was prepared to invest a lot of time. Long car rides, not being able to meet friends, strict schedules for the weekends. I had to forgo a lot of things", Badstuber says. "But football had top priority for me." This shows that the defender has been serious for a long time.

This shows in his talks with journalists as well. Holger Badstuber always appears highly focused, as if he closely listens to his coach who prepares him to play against a Zlatan Ibrahimovic or a Wayne Rooney. All the time he nods to the statements of his vis-à-vis, commenting them with a "yes" to show how he follows the intentions of the questioner. Even here, the young man wants to do everything right, and that when he already did so many things right in his life.

His path is a storybook career. Professional player with 19, starter with 20, double winner and world cup participant with 21. "I always knew where I wanted to go", Badstuber states. He feels an overwhelming ambition within himself. But: "Sometimes I'm a bit too ambitious", he admits. Heynckes, too, thinks that his Number 28 often overdoes his self-criticism and that he'd be better off with a slightly more relaxed attitude. "That's true", Badstuber agrees. "But it was worse earlier on. I had to learn not to think about football all the time. One has to relax and unwind once in a while. Now I'm doing things a little bit different from two years ago."

But still complacency is but a foreign concept for him and he finds it difficult to find praising words about himself. It is always possible to do things better, faster, more focused. Badstuber's mind is always in action, he questions many things where other people would go the path of least resistance. "I'm a person who thinks about many things - on the pitch, but also in normal life. Other people probably don't do that, people who live for the day, who don't reflect on things as much. I'm quite the opposite of that. One could say I'm a lateral thinker. That's what my father gave me to take along. Sometimes people wonder what I'm thinking about all the time."

While in Qatar, the defender looked past the playing field, too. "Of course one perceives how the common workers have to drudge day by day in the heat of the summer under the worst climatic conditions. You can see a lot of wealth here, but also the most glaring opposite. The gap is pretty large."

Such complicated thoughts can be a hindrance in the business of football, though. A person who always questions things, who lacks the superficial and testosterone-driven manners of the average football player, sometimes can stand in his own light. Badstuber, who finished school with a vocational diploma (Fachabitur), knows contemplative situations, but he is not a person to bury himself in such moods or to run away from them. The German international works together with a mental coach, but he also exchanges views with Philipp Laux, the psychologist of the Bayern team. "He has a good influence on me. For me this belongs to the preparation for a match."

Badstuber appreciates the conversations as they give him insights how an outsider sees things and they help him focus on the things that are important at this moment. "One reflects, one listens to different perceptions. That's very important for me. I'm a person who wants to do it this way." This kind of exchange also helped him to get over the phase in the last season when injuries and loss of form pushed him out of the starting eleven. "This time was very important for me, because I got to know this side of football, too - especially how the media deal with you in such a time. Just as fast as they put you onto a pedestal, they slam you. But I learned the lesson. I returned after the bad year and I'm more confident now."

The experts agree: Badstuber has a great future ahead. When there were doubting voices about the German international from the Bayern board in the last Spring, the new coach Heynckes laid down the law: "When he was put into question, I challenged the Bayern board right from the start and told them that I would see to it that Badstuber would play top football again and would deliver top performances again under my tutelage." All important persons in the football environment enthuse about the youngster, and he has bright prospects with Jogi Löw, too.

Still the populace doesn't share this positive image. "I'm probably not the person who looks for the limelight. People are different. That's why people don't see much of me and don't know much about me. But the most important thing is to deliver top performances, then one can convince even the last doubters. I always got great feedback from the coaches of the national team and at Bayern, and this made me proud. I played many important matches and the people who are important for me know what they have in me. It just takes a while to convince the populace."

Badstuber has grand plans. He doesn't want to relinquish his starting place anymore. "I know what I can do and where I want to go. With 22 years of age, my development hasn't ended yet. I have a very positive outlook and want to win more titles." Does he want to win them for a certain person? Badstuber: "I want to keep it secret to whom I dedicate things." But one can guess who that might be.

Source: kicker Nr.4, 09.01.2012 (print version, so no link available, sorry)
Translation: my humble person
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 pm

I found a nice article on Stubsi from the SZ (sueddeutsche.de). Translation by me again, so complaints about errors can be directed at me Razz

Cool like an Old Fox - Despite Butterflies in his Tummy
By Michael Neudecker

Bayerns defender Holger Badstuber is only 23 years of age, but still he is already respected as confident leader of Bayern's defense. Against Real Madrid, the native of Memmingen proved once more that he is indispensable nowadays. Particularly his calm demeanor and charisma is impressive in his play - but this wasn't always the case.

Proud Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player of proud Real Madrid; his show ahead of freekicks is particularly world famous: He puts the ball onto the ground, goes backwards five large steps, then he stops, standing with a wide stance, rigid, his gaze directed straight ahead. Tuesday evening, in the semi final of Real away at Munich, he did so twice. Each time there was a certain air of concern in the Arena when Ronaldo walked, stood, gazed.

The first freekick went far over the goal, the second freekick probably no one remembers anymore.

Ronaldo already scored 41 goals in this season, but this Tuesday he was as far away from scoring as Iker Casillas, the goalkeeper. If he had not worn shiny pink boots and taken those two freekicks, no one would have noticed that he was there in the first place. He was simply swallowed by Bayern's defence.

Lahm, Badstuber, Boateng, Alaba - that is Bayern München's defense. It has be sufficiently described how well they combine together; finally, FC Bayern have a proper defense again consinsting of these four, where only Jérôme Boateng seems to be replaceable due to sometimes lacking consistency. But the other three are irreplaceable. Philipp Lahm at right back is the team's captain, hard-running and experienced. David Alaba at left back is the young rascal, even more hard-running and carefree going forward - and Holger Badstuber as left center back, 1.89m tall, is: the leader of the defence.

"Oh dear", Badstuber says and sighs. "The leader of defence topic..." Football players of the generation Badstuber consider such terms stupid. Hierarchic model that contain a leader of defence are alien to them. Leader of defence sounds like libero to them. Badstuber states: "That's overrated," he only tries "to help the team with my way to play." But that is it: Holger Badstuber's character and way to play is why he is considers the most important building brick of Bayern's defensive unit: He is confident, calm and mostly error-free. Moreover, Badstuber is only 23 years of age.

How would he describe his feeling when the match started, in front of an audience of 66 000 strangely ecstatic people ; this match that was supposed to save the season of FC Bayern? "It was a great audience, everybody was crazy about this match", Badstuber replied. "I think I had buttlerflies in the stomach." But other than that, he continues to talk without pausing, other than that the way he see it is: "I have to keep calm. I want to give my team-mates confidence. I always want to radiate confidence." How? "By talking and appearing calm", Holger Badstuber says.

From nervous talent to calming influence

There was a time, when things looked differently. At that time, Holger Badstuber may have been the great talent, but he hadn't found his calm yet. But then, this was a time when he constantly had to switch between the positions of left back and center back. In the club he only rarely played as left back, but in the German NT he was even nominated as left back for the World Cup 2010, albeit then he was pushed out by two players at once: from CB by Jérôme Boateng and from LB by Marcell Jansen.

Nonetheless, Holger Badstuber stayed Holger Badstuber, a Memmingen native in his twenties, who is an exemplary professional. He is one of the few Bayern players who show up at every voluntary training exercise. Only one day before the Real match he trained long passes and crosses with a coach at the drill ground at the Säbener Straße. This is one of his special advantagies: the long pass to open the game. When he still played in Bayern's second team, he was placed at defensive midfielder by his former coach Hermann Gerland, according to whom a young player can learn the most on this position. Holger Badstuber is still deeply grateful to him for that.

By now Badstuber has matured into a constant, both at Bayern München and in the German NT. This was helped by the fact that the time of positional changes is over as there is no alternative to him at center back with a strong left foot. Against Real Badstuber underlined this imposingly; admittedly, Real scored a goal because all Bayern players including Badstuber were a bit unsettled for a few minutes because they ran a bit too wildly offensively around on the pitch after the break. But it was also to Badstuber's credit that the defence found their calm again after that and the normally fast and dangerous attack of Real didn't really get into the game again - not even Ronaldo.

When it was over, Cristiano Ronaldo returned fast to the bus. He left the guests' dressing room as one of the first players of Real Madrid. He wore a white training suit and a purple cap. He held his head low when he sneaked out of the bowels of the Arena past the many reporters and relatives of Franck Ribéry. Somebody said: "Look, there is that Ronaldo - he looks like a schoolboy.

Source: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/holger-badstuber-beim-fc-bayern-cool-wie-ein-alter-trotz-kribbeln-im-bauch-1.1336196
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Interview with Holger Badstuber from fcbayern.de - for once this is not translated by me ^^

Exclusive interview
Badstuber: I’m not the finished product yet

With one game remaining in the Bundesliga, Bayern's meagre total of 21 goals conceded is easily the lowest in the league. If FCB can keep a 19th clean sheet of the campaign in Saturday's trip to Cologne, they would match their own record set in 2007/08. One of the biggest contributors this term has been Holger Badstuber, who has started 32 fixtures and missed only the trip to Bremen.

In fact, Holger was still on the field at the final whistle 31 times. “It's been a very decent season for me so far," the defender modestly told fcbayern.de, although he did agree he has taken “a big step forward" in 2011/12. The 23-year-old FCB youth product looked back on some action-packed weeks, offered his views on the forthcoming finals in the DFB Cup and Champions League, and reflected on the luxury of a two-and-a-half day break.

Interview: Holger Badstuber

fcbayern.de: Holger, after playing twice a week for seven weeks, you've had two-and-a-half days off. Did you enjoy it?
Holger Badstuber: We’ve all enjoyed catching up on the leisure time we've missed in recent weeks. I think it's done everyone in the team, and also me personally, a lot of good. It's good to get away a little, recharge the batteries which were pretty much empty, and turn your thoughts to other things. It's important to do so from time to time.

Which was more important: resting your legs or your brain?
Clearing our heads, I'd say! Your legs will always manage, and I personally have no problem playing through all these matches. But obviously it's very important to switch off, come down from this permanent state of tension, from the ceaseless concentration, and just rebuild your mental strength. But I'm ready again now and looking forward to our remaining matches.

An eventful period is now behind you, with a cup thriller in Gladbach, the match which effectively decided the title in Dortmund, and the Real double-header. Have you had time to reflect on it all? How would you sum it all up?
Obviously, it's a mix of positives and negatives, but it all happens so quickly in football. We won in Gladbach and were overjoyed to make the cup final. The trip to Berlin is fantastic for the club as a whole. Then we went to Dortmund on the back of a great run during which we won everything, and we'd closed the gap too. Losing there was devastating. But then we had the highlight tie against Madrid, where you sensed the support of the whole of Germany, not just the Bayern fans. And getting through against such a great team at the Bernabéu was massive. It's been an exciting time with highs and lows.

What did you make of the reaction to reaching the Champions League final?
It was unbelievable and crazy. We had text after text, people came up to me in the streets and congratulated me. The city is in uproar, because everyone's looking forward to the final and they’re proud of the club. It's really impressive and I never thought the reaction would be so extreme.

Even after a normal Champions League match, it's hard to come down and get some sleep. What was it like after the match in Madrid? Did you get any shuteye?
No, I couldn't sleep, I was awake until six in the morning. We were late back to the hotel from the stadium, and then we had the banquet. And you’re still buzzing, not just me but all the players. No-one could sleep, so we gathered in the lobby and just sat and talked. It was yet more evidence of our team spirit.

And the action just keeps on coming: how much are you looking forward to the rest of the season?
Totally! We're definitely taking the last Bundesliga fixture in Cologne very seriously, because it's good preparation for the cup final. If we play well on Saturday, we'll be in a positive mood for the remaining games.

In the Bundesliga, you could match the all-time defensive record, and Mario Gomez could end as top scorer. Do you regard these as worthwhile consolation prizes?
The title is gone, but we want to take away whatever positives we can. For me as a defender it would be great to match the defensive record. It's a way of sending out a signal. And obviously we'll try and help Mario if we can. He was top of the chart for so long, but now he's a goal behind going into the last day. We all want him to defend the top scorer trophy. But our priority is winning the match, and we'll see what else comes out of it.

A week later you have the cup final against Dortmund. You've lost to them four times in a row, so there must be a score to settle, mustn't there?
Naturally, we want to win the cup. First of all, you always want to win a final, and second, we play Dortmund. I think it's 50-50 on a neutral ground. The stadium will be divided half and half among the fans. We want to set a few things right and win the final.

Finally, there's the biggest game of them all against Chelsea. What's your overriding emotion, elation at reaching the final, or dismay that you're suspended?
First of all, I'm incredibly proud about making the final. It's really massive, for us as a team, for everyone who works to help the team, and for the whole club. You see it in the staff, how much they wanted us to get there and how much they're looking forward to the final. That's the most positive thing for me: we, FC Bayern, made the final when the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona didn't. We were underdogs against Real but we still made it. Obviously, I personally have mixed feelings, because I'd have loved to play. I saw what a huge event it is two years ago, and it's all on another level again when you're at home. I’m frankly gutted about not being able to take my place on the field. But I'll still invest all my energy in the final, keep giving it my all, and support the team as if I was in it myself.

What kind of game are you expecting against Chelsea? Will they play like they did against Barcelona, or do you think they might open up?
Only time will tell. I'm sure Chelsea will want to keep it tight at the back, because we have a fantastic forward line, but they'll also want to go on the attack themselves. I don't think they'll be as defensive as against Barcelona. I think they'll contribute to a game of football and try to take the initiative. I think it'll be a much more open match, although Chelsea are obviously strongest in defence.

Three years ago, you were playing against the likes of Sandhausen, Regensburg and Burghausen, but now you're a confirmed regular, you made it through to the Champions League final for the second time, and you're set for your second major international tournament, Euro 2012. Do you sometimes have to pinch yourself when you consider how fast it's all happened?
Pinch myself? My first year was truly breathtaking, with extraordinary personal experiences both for Bayern and Germany. Going through all that in such a short period of time was definitely overwhelming. However, I joined in at a very, very high level here at Bayern, where the target is always the league and cup. We have the quality to compete in all three competitions every season, so it's obvious you’ll experience a number of highlights. But I don't have to pinch myself, because it's just how I imagined it. That it’s actually happened makes it even better.

What role do friends and family play in your life away from football?
For me personally, it's important to be in an environment which is harmonious and allows me to concentrate totally on my football. It's very important and supportive as well, so I can deliver peak performance.

Last season, you were sidelined for a lengthy spell with a pelvic injury and you struggled to recapture your form, but you've played nearly every match this season and you’re rated one of the league's best players. Are you in fact completely free of injury?
Yes, it's totally healed. It was obvious it would take a while to get fit again after two-and-a-half months on the sidelines. On top of that, we weren't as successful as we all wanted. A number of factors came together all at once, and it wasn't easy for me. For all that, I’m glad I went through this period, because I picked up a lot and also got to know the other side of the coin. I'm benefiting from that today because it’s been a very decent season for me so far. I think I've taken a big step forward, both as a personality and as a footballer. But I intend to keep it up, because I'm convinced I can still improve. I’m not the finished product yet.

Source: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2012/34787.php
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Looks like Stubsi is currently a well sought-after interview victim. Here are two German language interviews. If I find the time, I might translate them in due time:

http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/em-2012---deutsches-team/holger-badstuber-ploetzlich-abwehrchef,16150616,16322564.html

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/dfb-verteidiger-holger-badstuber-mit-mir-kann-man-rechnen-1.1376722
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 pm

He played so bad today, it's unbelievable. Hummels was hands down the best defender.

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Well, he did get his 1:0 though Very Happy

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 X16
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 am

His slowness Badstubber was ok, Hummels was the best defender as expected.

Badstubber is just unbelievably slow btw,it is almost like he is 35 .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:42 am

Apart from the fact that he is low,he is a very good CD. Babun is trolling in the Bayern Fan forums(as well) & fighting with girls there shooting down Badstuber Very Happy

I dont know what is the Badstuber hate like Idro had,its ridiculous. I am sure you are not going to argue that Badstuber was responsible & not Lahm for the Nani shot.

Anyways my point in this thread is how awesome is it to say Badstuber & Hummels together as CB partnership. 2 Bayern youth products,1 with us & 1 gone to our rivals.

I have always stated since I first saw Hummels that he is going to be the best German CB since Kaiser. He is a complete CB(bar Boateng like freak speed). I love Hummels,always have. And its my dream to see him at Bayern.

Hummels-Badstuber,imagine the brilliant distribution from the back. Boateng can warm the bench.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Apart from the fact that he is low,he is a very good CD. Babun is trolling in the Bayern Fan forums(as well) & fighting with girls there shooting down Badstuber Very Happy

I dont know what is the Badstuber hate like Idro had,its ridiculous. I am sure you are not going to argue that Badstuber was responsible & not Lahm for the Nani shot.
That's why I decided to reply without actually replying in "don't feed the trolls"-style Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:15 pm

BTW RWO on a different side,I voted for you on all options in the poll organized since you are incredibly well behaved & friendly with everyone.

7 Bayern players played. What a great achievement,lets hope Kroos gets a shot. I love Piggy but he does not look good & Kroos is looking like a boss. Maybe Kroos-Piggy will play against Denmark.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:21 pm

*blush* Thank you!

BTW, I was positively surprised that the defense yesterday actually looked better than the attack. I wouldn't replace Khedira by Kroos as starter, though. Khedira did a lot of work as usually - he just doesn't play spectacularly.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Yea Khediera does the dirty work well & Piggy Kroos is defensively meh.

Hummels was Boss. He was like Wow. His distribution was top notch. Today if the cluster**** Merte played Germany would have drawn maybe lost.

Hummels and Badstuber have Wow Distribution. Germany for the future could play a 3 Man Defense - > Bads,hummels & Boa/Howedes in a 3-4-3 & it would rock with Lahm aw RWB/RM behind a RW & some other LWB/LB behind LW & Kroos-Piggy in the middle.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Badstuber tackle were rash yesterday, He needs to improve his performance otherwise he might get replace by Howedes due to suspension and bad play
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 am

LOL - From the China tour:

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 7 Testsp10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm

He played crap against Wolfsburg. He was ball watching during the equalizer Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Dolce Vita wrote:He played crap against Wolfsburg. He was ball watching during the equalizer Laughing

and yet the coach criticised Boateng... Sad
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next