Post by rwo power Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Success! I finally succeeded to brainwash him! Razz

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 6 Empty Re: #28 - Holger Badstuber

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Finally everyone is coming to their senses and agreeing with me, god of prediction.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:01 pm

rwo power wrote:Success! I finally succeeded to brainwash him! Razz

Your views and stats didn't change my opinion on Badstuber, Evil or Very Mad if anything Vivastpauli post slighty make me try to reconsider Very Happy and now I understand Badstuber much better, He's not a flashy defender (if I m allowed to say that) but very intelligent, plus playing alongside fast Boatng has really make him improve and attackers caN rarely exploit his lack of pace.

Credit to Viva
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Actually you might want to read the interview with him from January that I translated and posted in the Stubsi thread if you didn't do already ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Shocked

Lolwut? Mhmkay.

Anyway, at least we're all starting to agree on that part: Badstubers smarts will make him great. I don't know how great he's gonna get, but he has every talent he needs to make it really big, especially his leadership skills seem very important to me (first pointed out by RWO btw) - I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop further.

I think he's not done yet, he still has areas he can (and has to) improve.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Just messing around, lol.

TBH, RWO Power really made me reconsider my views on Badstuber because of your persistence that he's a good player. Then when Viva sided with you that's when I thought, oh well, Let me try and see what they see in him,, plus what power always used to say bout coaches rating him highly.

It also helped making all my screensaver, Laptop, iPad, iPhone and all my social network Badstuber pic, I mean I hate to hate any Bayern player, especially a player that developed in our youth team

If you have a problem then you solve it and With the help of you guys, I've corrected that.

Apart from all that, on the pitch Badtuber performance has really improve alongside Boateng, so it's not just about people's opinion but what he has delivered on the pitch has also really convinced me.

Let's just forget about my old views on Stubi ad pretend it never happened.

BTW I initially deliberately ignore to give credit to power, because she said he brainwashed me. Lol
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Very Happy

Well it's not like Badstuber always looks good, but it is very easy to make defenders look bad in a broken team, let's not forget what Louis van Gaal, genius that he might be in some departments, did to Bayerns defence. His insistence on not needing that defence was simply undercut by his lack of defensive training for the midfield and forwards, his philosophy was never gonna work with the way his midfield operated.

At least now, with proper cover from the fullbacks, both Badstuber and Boateng look decent. I'm even confident, that these days Bayerns setup would make van Buyten and Demichelis look good again, though Boateng and Badstuber certainly are the superior players.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm

@Idrisozet

LOL, sorry 'bout that - there *I* was messing around with *you* a bit Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 pm

He......she*

Oh Demichelis, I miss the good old days of Demicho-Lucio. But better things ahead.

Van Buyten to retire on Bayern, next season He'll be4th choice behind, Boateng, Badstuber and Dante.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:35 pm

I love how you brainwashed yourself by placing him as your general wallpaper, avatar, sig, iPhone app or whatever.

I'd fall in love Heart
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:19 pm

It worked fine for me ...lol

I love him now
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 pm

my eyes....
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:my eyes....

Acid from them tears :vagi:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 pm

This is the right time for Badstuber and Boateng to prove theirselves to the entire world.

Badstuber wasn't so convincing against Marseille, he was beaten easily right before Olic scored.

He must do whatever it takes to Madrid players, even if it mean he doesn't leave the 18yard box.

Alaba must not push forward as much as he did against Marseille and Neuer must be at his best, no silly mistakes.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:45 am

Interesting fact - it seems that several coaches in the BL nowadays see Badstuber as so dangeours as playmaking CB that he gets his own watchdogs who try to neutralize him (Pekhart in the Nürnberg match and today Nando Rafael in the Augsburg match) so that Boateng needs to take over a bit on the opening up the game front. I'm curious how this will look in the Dortmund match, especially as Badstuber and Hummels have quite some similarities and thus are similarly important for build-up play.

Source: http://spielverlagerung.de/2012/04/07/bayern-munchen-fc-augsburg-21/
http://spielverlagerung.de/2012/04/02/heynckes-korrigiert-seine-rotation-rechtzeitig-ein-sieg-mit-signalwirkung/
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:45 am

Badstuber always open up space from defence and walk away like the Boss, without the opposition closing him down.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:26 pm

I just found a nice article on Stubsi from the SZ (sueddeutsche.de). Translation by me again, so complaints about errors can be directed at me Razz

Cool like an Old Fox - Despite Butterflies in his Tummy
By Michael Neudecker

Bayerns defender Holger Badstuber is only 23 years of age, but still he is already respected as confident leader of Bayern's defense. Against Real Madrid, the native of Memmingen proved once more that he is indispensable nowadays. Particularly his calm demeanor and charisma is impressive in his play - but this wasn't always the case.

Proud Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player of proud Real Madrid; his show ahead of freekicks is particularly world famous: He puts the ball onto the ground, goes backwards five large steps, then he stops, standing with a wide stance, rigid, his gaze directed straight ahead. Tuesday evening, in the semi final of Real away at Munich, he did so twice. Each time there was a certain air of concern in the Arena when Ronaldo walked, stood, gazed.

The first freekick went far over the goal, the second freekick probably no one remembers anymore.

Ronaldo already scored 41 goals in this season, but this Tuesday he was as far away from scoring as Iker Casillas, the goalkeeper. If he had not worn shiny pink boots and taken those two freekicks, no one would have noticed that he was there in the first place. He was simply swallowed by Bayern's defence.

Lahm, Badstuber, Boateng, Alaba - that is Bayern München's defense. It has be sufficiently described how well they combine together; finally, FC Bayern have a proper defense again consinsting of these four, where only Jérôme Boateng seems to be replaceable due to sometimes lacking consistency. But the other three are irreplaceable. Philipp Lahm at right back is the team's captain, hard-running and experienced. David Alaba at left back is the young rascal, even more hard-running and carefree going forward - and Holger Badstuber as left center back, 1.89m tall, is: the leader of the defence.

"Oh dear", Badstuber says and sighs. "The leader of defence topic..." Football players of the generation Badstuber consider such terms stupid. Hierarchic model that contain a leader of defence are alien to them. Leader of defence sounds like libero to them. Badstuber states: "That's overrated," he only tries "to help the team with my way to play." But that is it: Holger Badstuber's character and way to play is why he is considers the most important building brick of Bayern's defensive unit: He is confident, calm and mostly error-free. Moreover, Badstuber is only 23 years of age.

How would he describe his feeling when the match started, in front of an audience of 66 000 strangely ecstatic people ; this match that was supposed to save the season of FC Bayern? "It was a great audience, everybody was crazy about this match", Badstuber replied. "I think I had buttlerflies in the stomach." But other than that, he continues to talk without pausing, other than that the way he see it is: "I have to keep calm. I want to give my team-mates confidence. I always want to radiate confidence." How? "By talking and appearing calm", Holger Badstuber says.

From nervous talent to calming influence

There was a time, when things looked differently. At that time, Holger Badstuber may have been the great talent, but he hadn't found his calm yet. But then, this was a time when he constantly had to switch between the positions of left back and center back. In the club he only rarely played as left back, but in the German NT he was even nominated as left back for the World Cup 2010, albeit then he was pushed out by two players at once: from CB by Jérôme Boateng and from LB by Marcell Jansen.

Nonetheless, Holger Badstuber stayed Holger Badstuber, a Memmingen native in his twenties, who is an exemplary professional. He is one of the few Bayern players who show up at every voluntary training exercise. Only one day before the Real match he trained long passes and crosses with a coach at the drill ground at the Säbener Straße. This is one of his special advantagies: the long pass to open the game. When he still played in Bayern's second team, he was placed at defensive midfielder by his former coach Hermann Gerland, according to whom a young player can learn the most on this position. Holger Badstuber is still deeply grateful to him for that.

By now Badstuber has matured into a constant, both at Bayern München and in the German NT. This was helped by the fact that the time of positional changes is over as there is no alternative to him at center back with a strong left foot. Against Real Badstuber underlined this imposingly; admittedly, Real scored a goal because all Bayern players including Badstuber were a bit unsettled for a few minutes because they ran a bit too wildly offensively around on the pitch after the break. But it was also to Badstuber's credit that the defence found their calm again after that and the normally fast and dangerous attack of Real didn't really get into the game again - not even Ronaldo.

When it was over, Cristiano Ronaldo returned fast to the bus. He left the guests' dressing room as one of the first players of Real Madrid. He wore a white training suit and a purple cap. He held his head low when he sneaked out of the bowels of the Arena past the many reporters and relatives of Franck Ribéry. Somebody said: "Look, there is that Ronaldo - he looks like a schoolboy.

Source: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/holger-badstuber-beim-fc-bayern-cool-wie-ein-alter-trotz-kribbeln-im-bauch-1.1336196
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Badstuber is not the leader of our defence for *bleep* and Boateng is even a better defender.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Badstuber is not error free, he makes more mistakes than Boateng, who wrote this piece of shiit.

He's a good defender but he's not all that. Boateng has more potential and a much better defender.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Badstuber played as LB in the world cup and played as lb for Bayern 2010, he was not switch around at all. if anyone was switched around I will like to say it's Boateng.

This writer is defintely A Badstuber fan and he's full of shiit.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:42 pm

But it was also to Badstuber's credit that the defence found their calm again after that and the normally fast and dangerous attack of Real didn't really get into the game again - not even Ronaldo.

You are full of shiit.

Lahm, Gustavo marked Ronaldo out of the Game, Badstuber was bussy running around Benzema and he did a great Job with the running around part but I dont know if he managed to get a clean tackle in.

When Ronaldo moved to the right, Alaba and Ribery did thier job and marked him out.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Alaba deserves more credit than Badstuber, even Boateng blocked 1 or 2 shoots, Benzema first chance came from the left side of CB.

Obvious Lahm as usual was our best defender, followed by Alaba, then Boateng and Badstuber.

together they did a great job...by the way.

Badstuber is a good defender but his fans boys shouldn't push their chips forwards, he's not the leader of Bayern defence and his influence in our defence isn't much different from any defender.

Our defence was improve with the signing of fast Boateng, people delibaretely ignore to acknowledge he's the reason why Badstuber is better defender now and the reason why our defence has improved and that is why we've won all our matches whenever he plays alongside Van Buyten.

Nevertheless Badstuber is a good talent and I hope to see him develop more and improive his positioning, pace, acceleration, tackling, jumping, heading and awerenes.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:32 pm

You are out of line.

The above interview is a translation of an online newspaper article that was written by a certain Michael Neudecker. I just happened to translate it so that one doesn't have to rely on machine translation.

You can check the source here: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/holger-badstuber-beim-fc-bayern-cool-wie-ein-alter-trotz-kribbeln-im-bauch-1.1336196

Last edited by rwo power on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:44 pm

well haters gonna hate
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 pm

rwo power wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:You are full of shiit.
You are out of line.

The above interview is a translation of an online newspaper article that was written by a certain Michael Neudecker. I just happened to translate it so that one doesn't have to rely on machine translation.

You can check the source here: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/holger-badstuber-beim-fc-bayern-cool-wie-ein-alter-trotz-kribbeln-im-bauch-1.1336196

Hope you know I wasn't referring to you but Badstuber fan boy who wrote the article......
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Badstuber is not the leader of our defence for *bleep* and Boateng is even a better defender.
As a matter of fact, Badstuber is called "Abwehrchef" (=leader of the defence) even on the Bayern homepage:

"Das Münchner Eigengewächs ist in dieser Saison zum Abwehrchef des FC Bayern und der deutschen Nationalmannschaft aufgestiegen. Und das nach einer schwierigen Saison 2010/11, als Badstuber in Folge einer langwierigen Schambeinentzündung nicht zu seinem Rhythmus fand und Kritik einstecken musste. „Holger wurde in Frage gestellt. Aber ich habe von Anfang an klipp und klar gesagt: Er wird wieder Topleistungen bringen“, berichtete Coach Jupp Heynckes. Daher freue es ihn besonders, dass Badstuber wieder „stabil gut“ spiele."

Source: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2012/33966.php

Just found the English version:

The Munich youth product has become the chief organiser in defence both for his club and his country this season, this after a tough 2010/11 campaign spoiled for the player by a persistent pelvic inflammation. For the first time in his short career, he was the target for media criticism. “Questions were asked about Holger, but as I said from the start, I knew he'd turn in top performances again," said boss Jupp Heynckes, “I'm really pleased he's playing consistently well now."

Source: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2012/33974.php
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Hope you know I wasn't referring to you but Badstuber fan boy who wrote the article......
Oops. Well, frankly it didn't occur to me at first, but good that you cleared this up. In any case, it would probably be wiser not to throw around insulting lines when there is a danger they could be misunderstood.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next