Raptorgunner
EL Patron
REWB
MJ
34 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

When Should Wenger's Reign End?

The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 13 ]
The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_lcap34%The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 21 ]
The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 62

The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Empty Re: The Definitive Wenger POLL

Post by MJ Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm

That's what the general consensus is, that he'll get over himself and spend for the sake of the club, but the other side feels that he's had that chance and we'd be taking a risk on him doing that because we'd have to wait until the end of the window to evaluate his decisions and by then he could have killed our chances with a lack of moves or quality moves.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:13 pm

We have to get rid a lot of players before we can even think about Wenger, Wenger has to stop withe fatherly love and be a real boss and stop giving rejects and injured players long contracts.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Arsenal fans are kind of like battered wives. They know what needs to be done they are just scared to do it. Maybe we should give him another chance. he might change this time.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 pm

How many times have we said though that this will be the summer Wenger finally sorts it out? I seem to recall us saying that last summer, and the summer before that, and the summer before that... and every time, instead of making improvements we end up either stagnating or going backwards.

Ever since that first time we finished 4th under Wenger in 05/06, we've never really sufficiently strengthend the squad to make it capable of winning things. Sometimes we look like title winners, but every time we end up falling short. And then every summer two or three key players from the last campaign just happen to leave, and are replaced. Rinse and repeat.

We've been fortunate enough to see these key players replaced by players of similar quality, or have had young players step-up, but last summer saw a big decline in quality.

So I don't really see a reason why Wenger's going to change his policies this summer. He handled the sales of Cesc and Nasri very poorly, and that lead to a host of rushed "decent but not quite good enough" signings at the end of the window.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:53 pm

I was being sarcastic.

I actually think that Wenger's time has come to an end for Arsenal. It seems to be that the majority of Arsenal Fans here are just too scared or something to come to the same conclusion.

People want to bring up that he is the winningest manager in AFC history. But at the end of this summer he will not have won anything in 8 years. Slowly taking the club from contender to pretender. Hoping for someone else to fail instead of actually thinking we can win.

People want to say that he has an eye for young talent and creates WC players. But who in the last 8 years has be bought that has turned into a WC player?

As far as handling the sale of Cesc and Nasari. If and when RVP leaves this summer and I actually hope he does. He deserves to win something. Issues with the sale of Cesc and Nasari actually started several years ago when the club started trying to get 4th place instead of winning. If we had brought actual quality into the team trying to win or actually winning over the last 8 years I doubt that people would have so interested in leaving.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I was being sarcastic.

Wasn't replying to just you.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 pm

this is what I am afraid of, once Wenger leave no other manager could handle the pressure and we could be seeing new managers every year and if you look at Liverpool and Chelsea they keep getting worse.

Why cant Wenger stop being so freaking stubborn, if they give him the money spend it, and if there is no money come out and tell us there is no money.

I think we all wasting our time if you think the board would even think about firing him. Wenger knows he can a get job anywhere he wants and he could just leave.

If he truly loves Arsenal brings in quality players instead of rejects and 12 year old's.

I have seen many NBA and NHL teams and fire their coach and they are never the same.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 am

Raptorgunner wrote:There are at least 10 players that we should get ride of, 4 of these plays should stay.

1-Manuel Almunia

Fair enough

2-Andrei Arshavin

Debatable but understandable. He doesn't really wanna be here and underperforms constantly...

3-Marouane Chamakh

Fair enough, constantly underperforms, hasn't performed well in AGES.

4-Vassiriki Abou Diaby

Debatable kinda. We know what he can do. But he is always injured. I would keep him...

5-Johan Djourou

Pure overreacting. He's been asked to play RB and he's not comfortable there. Plus he did very good last season. As mentioned when he played, we didn't lose (for a while). PLus he's good enough as 4th choice CB

6-Chu-Young Park

Koscielny took a whole season to adapt, how can you expect Park to be so good when he doesn't even play?

7-Sebastien Squillaci

He can go.....

9-Theo Walcott- He has till the end of the season to prove himself.

He has proven himself. He has shown that he can become a great player, but he is inconsistent. And he hasn't been that great this season, and i believe some of it has got to do with Sagna....

10- Denilson

Yea don't need him....

11- Vela

He has had some appearances but i dunno ALOT about Vela so maybe another loan or something....

12- Bentner

He should go. He can't say what he did about Arsenal and expect to stay here...

13- Ramsey

Pure overreacting. He's still young, he has shown his talent, remember last season when we played Yanited? Everyone was going crazy about him....Give him time.

14- Rosicky

What's wrong with Rozaa? Good squad player. Not every player has to be of the calibre of Fabregas....
Overreacting dude. See what i wrote..
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 am

The Verminator wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:There are at least 10 players that we should get ride of, 4 of these plays should stay.

1-Manuel Almunia

Fair enough

2-Andrei Arshavin

Debatable but understandable. He doesn't really wanna be here and underperforms constantly...

3-Marouane Chamakh

Fair enough, constantly underperforms, hasn't performed well in AGES.

4-Vassiriki Abou Diaby

Debatable kinda. We know what he can do. But he is always injured. I would keep him...

5-Johan Djourou

Pure overreacting. He's been asked to play RB and he's not comfortable there. Plus he did very good last season. As mentioned when he played, we didn't lose (for a while). PLus he's good enough as 4th choice CB

6-Chu-Young Park

Koscielny took a whole season to adapt, how can you expect Park to be so good when he doesn't even play?

7-Sebastien Squillaci

He can go.....

9-Theo Walcott- He has till the end of the season to prove himself.

He has proven himself. He has shown that he can become a great player, but he is inconsistent. And he hasn't been that great this season, and i believe some of it has got to do with Sagna....

10- Denilson

Yea don't need him....

11- Vela

He has had some appearances but i dunno ALOT about Vela so maybe another loan or something....

12- Bentner

He should go. He can't say what he did about Arsenal and expect to stay here...

13- Ramsey

Pure overreacting. He's still young, he has shown his talent, remember last season when we played Yanited? Everyone was going crazy about him....Give him time.

14- Rosicky

What's wrong with Rozaa? Good squad player. Not every player has to be of the calibre of Fabregas....
Overreacting dude. See what i wrote..

I said 4 of them can stay and I think you did pick 4.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

I kinda picked 6 really... But anyways....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 pm

38 votes in total

20 voted for Options 4 and 5 which would see Wenger stay at the helm until at least the end of next year.

7 want Wenger out unless we grab the coveted 4th spotthis year.

11 chose options 1 and 3 meaning they want Wenger out. Period.

The majority are still supportive of Wenger but with our season about to hit a turbulent spot I really don't see it staying this way.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:08 pm

MJGunner wrote:38 votes in total

20 voted for Options 4 and 5 which would see Wenger stay at the helm until at least the end of next year.

7 want Wenger out unless we grab the coveted 4th spotthis year.

11 chose options 1 and 3 meaning they want Wenger out. Period.

The majority are still supportive of Wenger but with our season about to hit a turbulent spot I really don't see it staying this way.

LOL just wait till Sunday, we win :dance:

If we tie. :vagi:

If we lose, Wenger :matrix: Clubber The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 2276801876 Clubber The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 2276801876
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:39 pm

SO, two unexpected wins later...

Has anyone changed their mind at all?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm

MJGunner wrote:SO, two unexpected wins later...

Has anyone changed their mind at all?

I changed my mind before all the big wins, If we do get Podolski Wenger must stay.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Nope did not change my mind. We still have the weakest Arsenal side in a decade an it seems that injuries are the only way for Wenger to realize that we need to put players in to fit the tactics that fit our team.

Am getting worried that during the summer we will once again hear about how large our squad is. We don't want to slow the progress of our youth. We have quality and can not find anything to make our squad better.

I just do not see our current position as being something one that is built only on merit. We are lucky now that some of the teams that we normally are fighting against for top 4 are actually worse than us.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

I wonder how this poll would have looked had I posted it after our 7 game winning streak hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 pm

MJGunner wrote:I wonder how this poll would have looked had I posted it after our 7 game winning streak hmm

I think we should burn thread. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 pm

I still think Wenger's philosophy needs to change, or at least be tweaked. He needs to view our youngsters as a luxury rather than a necessity, he doesn't need 5 youngsters promoted to the 1st team every year. Integrate them slowly rather than thrusting them into the limelight

If bringing in 3 established stars halts the development of some youngsters for a few years while we in trophies, i wouldn't have a problem.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 pm

BUMP

Just so everyone can get a look at their opinions of Wenger when we were at our lowest now that we're looking very promising.

Also.

Lex wrote:
If bringing in 3 established stars halts the development of some youngsters for a few years while we in trophies, i wouldn't have a problem.

LEX THE PROPHET :bow:

The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Ay_OWDXCIAAG5E_
The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Olivier-Giroud-Arsenal_2786173
The Definitive Wenger POLL - Page 3 Lukas-Podolski-Arsenal
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 pm

MJGunner wrote:I just don't see the fierceness. I'm encouraged that Vermaelen is a great defender when he makes a great play or gets called for a foul and makes his voice heard. He establishes his dominance. That's half of being a proper defender, your attitude. We've got little to none of that here, our mentality is poor. Half the time Djourou is on the ball lately, his eyebrows look like they're trying to escape his forehead, that's how nervous and jittery he seems.

I completely agree with this statement.

Despite having a lack of technique or talent, I am still picked among the first few when playing football, especially when playing in defense because of the attitude, determination, guts and fierceness I try to adopt in my game to cover up for everything else.

Im called Gattusso.....
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:39 pm

AnJl wrote:
MJGunner wrote:I just don't see the fierceness. I'm encouraged that Vermaelen is a great defender when he makes a great play or gets called for a foul and makes his voice heard. He establishes his dominance. That's half of being a proper defender, your attitude. We've got little to none of that here, our mentality is poor. Half the time Djourou is on the ball lately, his eyebrows look like they're trying to escape his forehead, that's how nervous and jittery he seems.

I completely agree with this statement.

Despite having a lack of technique or talent, I am still picked among the first few when playing football, especially when playing in defense because of the attitude, determination, guts and fierceness I try to adopt in my game to cover up for everything else.

Im called Gattusso.....

Hahaha what an honor to be associated with one of the most fierce competitors the game has ever seen. Hustle and sometimes showing your emotion as a means of intimidation or establishing dominance/conveying confidence are what we've been lacking from our defenders. I see it in Vermaelen and I see the hustle in Koscielny. But as our leader of defense he needs to step it up ffs, he was bad at the end of the season tbh.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Bump.

Last season I voted "At the end of the season unless we make top 4" and he did it and IMO deserved another chance to make things better.

What about this season?

It surely has to be a bit more than top 4, so for me if Arsenal don't get top4 AND one of the cups he has to go.

Your opinion?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:55 pm

He delivered last year, I don't know what this year will bring. Unless the team can galvanize behind a few wins (we have an easier stretch approaching) or January sees us making a game changing transfer then we're not going to qualify for Europe.

If that's the case then I think he'll resign anyway. :/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:31 pm

I think his contract is due to expire in 2014. I have a feeling that regardless of what happens, this will be his last Arsenal contract. Wenger always honours his contracts and is too stubborn to give up. He won't be sacked, either (or at least, I'd be very surprised if he was) so...

Honestly, though, if we fail to reach the top four this season then I'm not sure I'd even want him to see out his contract. I'd be a bit more lenient if he signs a couple of high quality players in January (which is hard, I know), as at least that gives me some hope for the season after. If it's same old same old though, then I think we would need some fresh leadership to pull us out of the rut.

I'm sure many would want to give him the summer to see if he would really improve the squad, but Wenger has proven himself incapable of doing so, judging by the quality of the squad seemingly getting less and less every season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:12 am

AW has no game plan anymore.

1. We cant score.
2. We cant defend.
3. We cant counter attack.
4. Possession football? what is that?
5. Direct football? cant do this either.

We are the most boring team in EPL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Unless a spout of divine intervention happens, I see next season as his last. Unless we finish outbid the top 4 which I highly doubt we will, I just don't see where or what Wenger and Gazidis are trying to achieve.

Reluctant to spend money, reluctant to pay the right players what they deserve. Overpay poor players. Yet Wenger and Gazidis are two of the highest paid in their respective positions. Ridiculous!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next