Emaharg
furiouswindbottom
Highburied
Last-Bullet
MJ
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When should Arsene Wenger call time on his reign?

The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_lcap4%The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_lcap30%The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_lcap9%The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_lcap17%The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_lcap39%The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 23

The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Empty The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll

Post by MJ Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 am

Another year has gone and now seems an appropriate time to test the waters and see how everyone feels about Wenger via another poll. Should this be his final year or will we give him ever-more faith that he'll strengthen the squad and make a good run next season? No kneejerks from the Bayern match.

The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Arsene_1550705c
"You will miss me when I'm gone." -Arsene Wenger
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll Empty Re: The 2012-2013 Wenger Poll

Post by Last-Bullet Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 am

Arsenal shouldn't sack Wenger, the legend is doing his best. Think about it this way, no any other manager can remain compentative after being forced to sell his best players.

Arsenal player should perhaps repay this man back with respect and loyalty after all he did for them, why do they always have to force their way out of the team. Fabregas, Clichy, Nasri, Van Persie etc, it is sad to see this legend suffer this much from unworthy, un-loyal players
Last-Bullet
Last-Bullet
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 am

This is unnecessary thread.

When the day comes that I feel Wenger's time is up, I'll keep it to myself for the respect of his legacy at Arsenal.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 am

Can't believe I voted never ever.

I meant right now lol. Sorry. It's evening here and I've had a few beers to drown my sorrows.

Right now?

Well....he's been fantastic but his time is up.

Main reason?

I remember last season. Ramsey playing every week. We were looking unlikely to get 4th. He got injured. Wenger was FORCED to play Rosicky. Went on a great run and finished 3rd.

Did he learn from this?

Ramsey was not our worst player last night. In fact he did better than 3 or 4 of our players.

Problem is..he IS an attacking midfield player with no end product.

This may be news to some of you...but we signed him as a forward.

Wenger plays him 80% of the time behind the striker (wide or central) for a reason. That's where he plays.

So, in two years in this role...how many goals? How many assists? Please tell me after all this game time.

A CM you say?

Three types of CM.

Is he a tough tackling DM? Nope.

An energetic box to box player? I don't hink so.

A creative player? Assists? Goals? How many?

Nice lad...nothing against him..but he's not good enough.

To play him over Rosicky or even Arshavin is an insult to anyone with an ounce of football intelligence.

He's not the worst player at our club. But they don't keep getting picked.

Wenger does not learn from his mistakes, has his favourites and is slow to react to situations.

HT. 0-2 down. Season on the brink.

Would Ferguson, Mourinho or Guardiola make changes?

You bet your life.

Instead, Rosicky is thrown on late on and produces some passes others could only dream of.

Against Villa, at home we will play the same players and same system.

The teams near the bottom should face an Arsenal 4-4-2. They will park the bus...so why the 4-2-3-1?

Utd, City and Spurs play a 4-4-2 against weaker opposition.

Wenger won't change.

We have mental strength. We have two players in each position. Excuse after excuse.

This is the first time I've ever said 'Wenger out'...but I'm sorry to say...thank you and goodnight Sad
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 am

Why does anyone have faith he will do something?
Last six seasons we have seen our best players leave for big transfer fees while trying to replace them with 2 or 3 "cheap" purchases.
SAF has used the same tactic to beat us the last three seasons yet we line up exactly the same....

In my opinion there is a 30% chance we finish in the top four and if we don't make it I think it's Wengers time to go and I hope he will make the decision to leave.

I'm not totally blaming Wenger 100% I know the board etc. have a part in what is happening but in transfers and performance on the pitch which are controlled by him he is not preforming.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:33 am

It's a fair point to mention that the only reason our expectations are as high as they are is because Wenger raised them like that lol.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 am

Who thought after the end of last season we couldn’t possibly have a worse season the following campaign? if it was up to me I would fire him today.

Wenger out, right now.

ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB has become ARSENAL FINANCIAL CLUB
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 am

Not you too MJ.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I can not bring myself to forget the legacy and put aside the Magic Hat and Tactical Genius of the yester years.

Man has had his flaws and his constraints. A lot of the blame on him can just as easily be placed on circumstances, player departures and Deins - both of them.

It is easy to let all thats happening off the pitch, and in the boardrooms, colour/tarnish the job he does. Doesn't change the fact that he has tried to be a perfectionist. Doesn't change the fact that he has done better with the bunch of players he has had over the years than anyone else could have.

Take a minute to reflect on the 60,000 stadium. The financial constraints it has brought along. And how the environment is changing.

I believe things are changing for the better. And that change started this past summer. Its a transition phase. This is one last season with the top 4 trophy.

My choice is obvious.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am

Bookies list Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho as the 5/1 favourite to take over at the Emirates as odds tumble on Arsene Wenger's potential departure :
Next permanent Arsenal Manager:

Jose Mourinho - 5/1 :fishing: :bow:

David Moyes - 7/1

Carlo Ancelotti - 9/1

Michael Laudrup - 10/1

Laurent Blanc - 12/1

Remi Garde - 14/1

Dennis Bergkamp - 14/1

Guus Hiddink - 14/1

Jurgen Klopp - 16/1

Thierry Henry - 16/1

Pep Guardiola - 20/1

Fabio Capello - 25/1

Frank Rijkaard - 25/1

Joachim Low - 25/1

Louis Van Gaal - 25/1

Jurgen Klinsmann - 33/1

Didier Deschamps - 33/1

Dick Advocaat - 33/1
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Who thought after the end of last season we couldn’t possibly have a worse season the following campaign? if it was up to me I would fire him today.

Wenger out, right now.

Dude seriously. I am reaching a point where I just ignore your post and scroll on. Whats with you man! Its a bad season, yes. But enough with the pessimism ffs. Its not like we haven't been here or seen worse situations. But we stick together and get out of them. Cut it out man, it hurts to see passionate chaps like you get so cynical and disillusioned.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 am

What are those bookies on, Raptor?

And @Sri

No way, I never voiced my opinion but I made this exact thread last season, I thought it would only be fitting to get a taste of how the fans feel this time around. I actually agree with you and have been arguing that we're seeing change but since it's gradual (and the RVP and Song sales really didn't help) the fans are restless.

Also, I reeeaaally hope the Dein rumors are true.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 am

MJGunner wrote:What are those bookies on, Raptor?

And @Sri

No way, I never voiced my opinion but I made this exact thread last season, I thought it would only be fitting to get a taste of how the fans feel this time around. I actually agree with you and have been arguing that we're seeing change but since it's gradual (and the RVP and Song sales really didn't help) the fans are restless.

Also, I reeeaaally hope the Dein rumors are true.

Ahh okay. Thank goodness. Thought you fell off a staircase and bumped your head or something. Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 am

So many "Wenger out" polll, but no option of who to replace him. As if the team is going to magically become successful and competitive again the moment Wenger leaves Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:37 am

MJGunner wrote:It's a fair point to mention that the only reason our expectations are as high as they are is because Wenger raised them like that lol.
the truth Thumbs up
from the talk of some fans, it seems like Arsenal has some divine right to win trophies every season and Wenger is blocking them.. we have to consider the circumstances and other teams in the league too..

Lex wrote:So many "Wenger out" polll, but no option of who to replace him. As if the team is going to magically become successful and competitive again the moment Wenger leaves Laughing
another truth... Razz
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:42 am

still Wenger leading.. (7/9).. banana
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 am

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Who thought after the end of last season we couldn’t possibly have a worse season the following campaign? if it was up to me I would fire him today.

Wenger out, right now.

Dude seriously. I am reaching a point where I just ignore your post and scroll on. Whats with you man! Its a bad season, yes. But enough with the pessimism ffs. Its not like we haven't been here or seen worse situations. But we stick together and get out of them. Cut it out man, it hurts to see passionate chaps like you get so cynical and disillusioned.

I am just frustrated, tired of all the lies and losing. The way we have been losing this season nothing to be optimistic about. I am just letting my feeling known, I see that is bothering you guys and I will just stop posting in the sensitive threads.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am

Wenger out, Moyes in Laughing

Yeah, I'm sure world class players like Gotzé and Villa will be thrilled to work alongside Moyes Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:25 am

srigooner wrote:

Wenger out, right now.

Its not just a bad season, its just seeing how the club and Wenger are operating in the transfer windows, it seems like they dont give a crap about the fans or winning. Just because you see it differently it doesnt mean you have to bitch someone out.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 am

Lex wrote:Wenger out, Moyes in Laughing

Yeah, I'm sure world class players like Gotzé and Villa will be thrilled to work alongside Moyes Laughing

WC are leaving not coming, I agree Moyes not a good a move though.

For 7.5m a year we can get any manager we want. :coffee:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am

He should leave for his own self respect and health. I don't want him out, since i still believe in him but he should leave for his own sake.

Doesn't matter if we finish 2nd or 6th. I think it's time for a new chapter.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 am

Artilleristen wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Wenger out, right now.

Its not just a bad season, its just seeing how the club and Wenger are operating in the transfer windows, it seems like they dont give a crap about the fans or winning. Just because you see it differently it doesnt mean you have to bitch someone out.

Relax, I am not bitching anyone out. I can understand people have different opinions and different perspectives.

I am just expressing the fact that I am sad to see Raptor so disillusioned and cynical. That doesn't mean I want him to see things the way I do.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 am

srigooner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Relax, I am not bitching anyone out. I can understand people have different opinions and different perspectives.

I am just expressing the fact that I am sad to see Raptor so disillusioned and cynical. That doesn't mean I want him to see things the way I do.
I know I am being harsh on Wenger, and he is just one of many problems at Arsenal. Over the last 8 years, problem after problem have slowly and gradually enriched into our roots and are starting to become a part of our culture.

Change is needed we need blood, I think after 8 years we would have seen signs of improvement. Instead I would argue we have got steadily worse over that period with a manager who is in complete denial.

Wenger is good man but he stands up too much for the board and that is his down fall. I personally dont think he will leave or is allowed to leave, we are in a big mass and the board is counting on him to save their asses.

I know you guys wont believe me but I still love Wenger and what he has done for us, because of the money hungry board I have no choice but to be the way I am towards Wenger.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:01 am

Lex wrote:So many "Wenger out" polll, but no option of who to replace him. As if the team is going to magically become successful and competitive again the moment Wenger leaves Laughing

I did propose the Pardew and Wenger swap idea tbf :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:11 am

If Wenger is stay he has to chose between, the financial structure of the club or the Manager, he cant do both.

Our scouting team are one of the worse in Europe, we need to find better scouts, just follow Porto scouts around. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 am

It's not that we have bad scouts. It's just that other clubs offer them better deal. Like more playing time in the 1st team or better wages. And that we settle for 2nd best instead of 1st

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next