SamuelJayC
Quinten Metsys
44 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Manchester City need to stop playing like Arsenal to get back to winning ways, says Gary Owen

The 53-year-old was frustrated by Roberto Mancini's side's failure to score in their past two games, and believes a more direct approach needs to be taken ahead in front of goal

Former Manchester City man Gary Owen believes his former side need to stop trying to play like Arsenal, after they failed to score in their past two Premier League outings despite dominating possession.

Owen admits he was alarmed to watch Roberto Mancini's side's 1-0 away defeat to Sunderland on New Year's Day, a result which followed the goalless stalemate at the Hawthorns against West Brom.

The ex-midfielder has suggested the Eastlands outfit need to take a more direct approach, with the Premier League leaders set to face Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

“I watched the Sunderland game and it frightened me a little bit,” Owen told Talksport.

“I think we are falling in the trap that we feel that we can play Arsenal-esque, where you have to walk the ball in and can’t shoot unless you’re six yards from goal or in the six yard box, otherwise it doesn’t count.

“Nobody puts their foot through the ball from the edge of the box and when you have 11 men around the ball, if you can’t get around them then you have to blast the ball through them.”

I think we need to stop playing like Arsenal :facepalm:

we haven't really been playing like Arsenal this season....

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 pm

imalegend wrote:
MJGunner wrote:
Manchester City need to stop playing like Arsenal to get back to winning ways, says Gary Owen

The 53-year-old was frustrated by Roberto Mancini's side's failure to score in their past two games, and believes a more direct approach needs to be taken ahead in front of goal

Former Manchester City man Gary Owen believes his former side need to stop trying to play like Arsenal, after they failed to score in their past two Premier League outings despite dominating possession.

Owen admits he was alarmed to watch Roberto Mancini's side's 1-0 away defeat to Sunderland on New Year's Day, a result which followed the goalless stalemate at the Hawthorns against West Brom.

The ex-midfielder has suggested the Eastlands outfit need to take a more direct approach, with the Premier League leaders set to face Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

“I watched the Sunderland game and it frightened me a little bit,” Owen told Talksport.

“I think we are falling in the trap that we feel that we can play Arsenal-esque, where you have to walk the ball in and can’t shoot unless you’re six yards from goal or in the six yard box, otherwise it doesn’t count.

“Nobody puts their foot through the ball from the edge of the box and when you have 11 men around the ball, if you can’t get around them then you have to blast the ball through them.”

I think we need to stop playing like Arsenal :facepalm:

we haven't really been playing like Arsenal this season....

We've been trying.. And with only one potent goalscorer... we've been failing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm

I think like that during FIFA Razz.

I don't like it when I only score through set pieces ):

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 pm

How come the FA can ban refs for bad reffing, yet managers can't complain?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:23 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Congratz man

With work, football journalism, watching games, football training, 6-a-side football, I have little time for FM12 right now Crying or Very sad

Might fit a couple of hours in later tonight hopefully.

Congratulations! Very Happy

Thanks Thumbs up
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:How come the FA can ban refs for bad reffing, yet managers can't complain?

Integtrity, usually. Managers complaining can be seen as disrespctful and a bad example yadda yadda yadda.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am

Gervinho and Samir Nasri each played 23 games for Arsenal during 2011. Gervinho: 4 goals and 5 assists, Nasri: 3 goals and 2 assists
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 am

Problem with those states are that Nasri played in a side that won only 3 times, while Gervinho is playing in a much improved team. Not excusing Nasri's poor performances during that period, but I wouldn't say Gervinho has been a better signing. Not yet, anyway.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 am

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/Iceman3206

I've decided to make an account dedicated for football and the other one ( @FadyNB ) to be for my friends and all, so unless you're interested in my personal thoughts, I'd suggest you unfollow my old one and follow the new one (y)
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:20 am

Iceman wrote:Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/Iceman3206

I've decided to make an account dedicated for football and the other one ( @FadyNB ) to be for my friends and all, so unless you're interested in my personal thoughts, I'd suggest you unfollow my old one and follow the new one (y)

why don't you make a tumblr and link it to twitter..... that way you can also post images and videos and it will be shown on twitter.....

like this

http://arsenalworld.tumblr.com/
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:33 am

Not a big fan of tumblr, and I don't really do pictures much haha. It's just not really my thing
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:24 am

U r being followed Fady.

@highburied
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 am

i am following both fady
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 am

Wojciech Szczesny has criticized his Arsenal team-mates for a "very childish performance" that saw them concede twice late on against Fulham to lose 2-1.

Laurent Koscielny had given the Gunners the lead but following a second-half sending off for Johan Djourou, Steve Sidwell equalised and Bobby Zamora scored right at the death to complete the comeback.

A disappointed Szczesny felt that the north Londoners should have left Fulham with all three points and he blamed his side’s poor defending.

“There was probably some tired legs, but I think probably we should have kept the concentration and kept the focus and we would have been fine,” he told reporters.

“But I would imagine it was a very childish performance in the end from us. It was very confusing.

“I thought for 85 minutes we defended really well with 11 men and they never looked like
scoring and then, when we had to play with 10 men, they looked very dangerous.

“I’m very disappointed with the result, but hopefully we can recover as soon as possible. The fixtures come thick and fast and players get tired and these kind of results can happen.

“We were hoping to take advantage of that. We felt we could do so and were disappointed, so hopefully in the coming weeks we can do much better.”

Szczesny also criticised referee Lee Probert, who failed to give a penalty in the first half for a Philippe Senderos challenge on Gervinho and later gave Djourou a second yellow card for fouling Zamora.

“Johan said he barely touched him. The guy [Zamora] seemed to go down very easy. Plus I had the ball in my hands already, which doesn’t help. After Johan got sent off, it was very difficult for us,” he said.

“I didn’t see [the penalty shout] from my end but from what the lads said in the dressing room it wasn’t a penalty claim - it was just a clear penalty. It seems like we don’t get those decisions these days but, hopefully, next time they’ll come for us.”

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry looks like he will return for a two-month loan and could be available for next Monday’s FA Cup tie against Leeds United.

Henry has been training with the Gunners since the end of the MLS season and Szczesny hopes that he soon gets the chance to step on to the pitch in a competitive game.

“He’s quality,” added Szczesny.

“He’s a great finisher and he’s very clever, very intelligent, plus he’s a great figure to have in the dressing room. He helps all the players off the pitch, as well as on the pitch. So it’s great to have him in the dressing room.

"Hopefully everything will be done and confirmed as soon as possible because we need him.”

Before,It used to be the goalkeepers who used to get the blame for "childish" performance,for conceding "school-boy" goals etc.,

Arsenal has changed,and for the good...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Arsenal reserves coach Neil Banfield is keen to see more of his youngsters win promotion to the first team.

The New Year is traditionally a time of change, but Banfield is hoping for more of the same in 2012 after seeing a host of players make the step up into Arsène Wenger’s squad over the past 12 months.

“Getting players into the first-team squad is what my job is all about,” Banfield told arsenal.com. “I hope we see a continuation of how things have been going.

“We have seen the likes of Manny [Frimpong], Jack [Wilshere] and Wojciech [Szczesny] coming through, so hopefully we can continue producing players for the Arsenal first team.

“Also, if you look at the Fulham match, two players in their team – Stevie Sidwell and Philippe Senderos – used to be here, while in the previous game, against QPR, Armand Traore, Matthew Connolly and Jay Bothroyd were playing.

“There’s a sprinkling of players in the Premier League [who started at Arsenal]. Our aim first and foremost is to get them into our first team, but if not then we want to give them a good career.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 am

Promising talent Gedion Zelalem is looking to represent the USA national team and not Germany according to his father.

The 14-year old, who is set to join Arsenal’s youth academy when he turns 16, is a German citizen of Ethiopian descent who has lived in the States for more than five years and has recently trained with both the German and US U15 teams.

But his father says that he is likely to pledge his allegiance to the US as he is more comfortable in the system.

“Everything is open,” said his father to the Washington Post, who initially hoped his son would represent Germany.

“It was a good experience in Germany. They said they want to invite him again, but he has more of a chance for the US. He is more comfortable with the US, he has a lot of friends here.”

He can represent countries from 3 different continents Shocked BTW who is this guy?Haven't even heard of him...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 am

The table below shows the current Premier League clubs’ average points-per-game (PPG) achieved in the league in the last two calendar years. The % Change column represents the percentage difference between a team’s ppg between 2010 and 2011. A team with positive change will have improved in 2011 from the previous year, whereas a team with a negative change will have declined during the same period.

Arsenal Lobby - Page 3 2012_1_3_13_5

read full article
How Premier League clubs’ 2011 form compares to previous years?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 am

Wow @ Fulham affraid
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 am

Bolton :facepalm:
---------
Matt Spiro
Sagna says Henry will get #AFC back on trophy trail: 'He knows what it takes to win things. When he speaks everyone will listen' (L'Equipe)
Sagna still haunted by Carling Cup loss: 'As long as I live, I'll never digest it. You can't lose that way. We crapped ourselves' (L'Equipe)
Re injury, Sagna says he's decided to keep screws in. 'Taking them out would delay return by 2 months'. Expects to play before end of Jan
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 am

Arsenal Lobby - Page 3 2012%2f1%2fEPL-Player-of-the-Year

Trophy cheers

WhoScored's 2011 Premier League Player of the Year
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Verminator speaks a lot like RvP
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Karl Henry has warned Wolves new boy Emmanuel Frimpong he won’t give up his place without a fight.

Midfield enforcer Frimpong has arrived on loan from Arsenal, but Henry said: “We all want competition for places deep down because we know it’s good for the club.

“I’ve got to the stage where I’m happy here.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Arsene Wenger has escaped an FA charge following his rant about ref Lee Probert.

The Arsenal chief branded the official "naive" after sending off Johan Djourou for two bookable offences at Fulham on Monday.

That provided a boost for the Cottagers who came back to win 2-1 with two late goals.

Wenger said: "The ref influenced the game in completely the wrong way. I felt the referee got it all wrong and all on the same side."

But the FA insisted last night they will not rap the Frenchman.

A spokesman said: "We have looked at the statements made and I can confirm we won't be taking the matter further."

That will be scant consolation for the Emirates chief as Arsenal missed a chance to make ground on the leaders.

Fulham left-back John Arne Riise has hit back at Wenger after he accused the Cottagers of trying to get Djourou sent off.

Riise, 31, said: "We would never do that.

"What we do is give the ball to strong people like Kerim Frei and make him go one-on-one and see what he can do.

"That is a tactic but we never go out to get someone sent off.

"That is not fair play and we never do that. The referee made the right decision."

Riise insisted his pals out-played Arsenal and forced Wenger to make changes.

The Norwegian added: "When Theo Walcott and Gervinho went off, that was a tactical change because they knew they were struggling.

"It's a massive win for us."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Arsenal reject Nacer Barazite is set to land a lucrative move to Russia.

Barazite, who has resurrected his career in Austria with Austria Wien, is wanted by Dinamo Moscow.

The Dutchman, who is tied to Wien until 2013, is also interesting Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Arsenal have been forced to ditch plans to play Thierry Henry today.

Boss Arsene Wenger wanted Henry to feature in a Premier Reserve League match with Sunderland this afternoon in a bid to improve his match fitness.

But the Gunners and Henry's representatives have still yet to receive paperwork from New York Red Bulls regarding the two-month loan agreement.

So Henry, 34, is set to make his debut from the bench against Leeds in the FA Cup third round at the Emirates on Monday.

There are no other reserve fixtures scheduled before then. The Frenchman's last match action was for New York on November 3.

Leeds are struggling to find a centre-back pairing to keep out Henry and his team-mates.

Patrick Kisnorbo joined Alex Bruce, Leigh Bromby and Tom Lees on the treatment table on Monday.

Kisnorbo is nursing a badly bruised knee following a crunching tackle with Burnley's Jay Rodriguez.

But midfielder Danny Pugh has turned his loan deal into a £500,000 permanent switch from Stoke.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next