SamuelJayC
Quinten Metsys
44 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by MJ Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
srigooner wrote:Anyone who is interested in doing a write up could probably do a summary of 2011 with statistics (not just the RvP ones Razz) and probably growth of players and stuff.. Just an idea..

Usually, I'd do it myself. But I am travelling a bit and on vacation, so have to leave this to someone else, if interested.

Btw, a special thanks to Sina and MJ and Ali for filling in with the Goal of the Month reviews and the match previews with Sam in my absence. Hats off to you guys, great job Arsenal Lobby - Page 2 1499845164

Has anyone actually decided to do this? If not, I could do it.

Anytime Sri!

And no Jay, no one has. I'm incredibly busy, barely had time for the preview and I don't think anyone else is volunteering so go ahead if you want. Looking forward to it Smile

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 am

MJGunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
srigooner wrote:Anyone who is interested in doing a write up could probably do a summary of 2011 with statistics (not just the RvP ones Razz) and probably growth of players and stuff.. Just an idea..

Usually, I'd do it myself. But I am travelling a bit and on vacation, so have to leave this to someone else, if interested.

Btw, a special thanks to Sina and MJ and Ali for filling in with the Goal of the Month reviews and the match previews with Sam in my absence. Hats off to you guys, great job Arsenal Lobby - Page 2 1499845164

Has anyone actually decided to do this? If not, I could do it.

Anytime Sri!

And no Jay, no one has. I'm incredibly busy, barely had time for the preview and I don't think anyone else is volunteering so go ahead if you want. Looking forward to it Smile

Just saw it.. Great job Jay Very Happy

@beatrix - lol, was in a hurry mate, slipped my mind.. Embarassed

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has hailed Thierry Henry’s bravery in deciding to return to the Emirates Stadium for a two-month loan spell.

Henry, now 34, was asked by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger to come back to the club at which he is already the all-time record goalscorer, in order to provide backup to Van Persie in the absence of Africa Cup of Nations-bound duo Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh.

And Van Persie believes the fact Henry opted to accept Wenger’s offer despite having nothing left to prove is a mark of the man and his love for the game.

"He got a statue here last month and he has proved everything to us,” the Dutchman told reporters. “For him to come back is so brave. I really like that.

"He wants to help us out. He wants to help the club he loves. Only positives.

"He has nothing to prove. He has a statue here - only a couple of players have that. He broke every single record at Arsenal - he won everything at Arsenal.

"Some people might question: 'why do you do it? You have proved everything already?'

"But there is only one answer. That is because he loves the game so much that he just wants to play."

Henry’s remit will be very much to act as understudy to the prolific Van Persie, but the Gunners skipper admits he is excited by the possibility of teaming up with his old strike partner once again.

"I am looking forward to it and I hope we can play together,” he added. “He is unbelievable. Even in training.

"He had a couple of sessions and - I don't want to put too much pressure on him - but he is looking right up there. He is looking very good. Honestly.

"It is fantastic. I asked him a couple of weeks ago. I had a little cheeky question and asked whether he was willing to come back. Everyone has been working on him over the last couple of weeks.

"It will be good for everyone. It is a massive joy to play and train with him. I am excited too.

"The younger guys are all looking up to him. Everyone is sharing that feeling.

“Before the game I saw him speaking to Francis Coquelin with the ball, showing him how to run. He is doing a great job already."

Meanwhile, Van Persie’s team-mate Mikel Arteta thinks Henry’s presence in the dressing room and on the training ground can only benefit the team.

"I've always been a big admirer of him, when he was playing here and at Barcelona,” the Spaniard said.

“It's great to have him around with his experience and his talent - I'm sure he's going to be really helpful.

"I heard a lot of things about him and his character and for being so brave to come back here with the name he has is not easy.

"He's putting his name on the line yet again and I think that's brave. He has the quality and the talent for sure.

"I don't know how he is physically to play 90 minutes, 60 minutes, 30 or whatever he needs, I think with his experience he can manage that no problem.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:38 pm

QPR skipper Joey Barton was unimpressed by Arsenal's home fans on the weekend.

The hoops lost 1-0, but Barton sought to wind-up Gunners fans over the lack of atmosphere during the game.

He tweeted afterwards: “I can remember noise at Highbury.

“Quiet now at new place."

Such a prick
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:41 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:

The hoops lost 1-0, but Barton sought to wind-up Gunners fans over the lack of atmosphere during the game.

Such a prick

We really do need to be louder though, you hardly hear any noise unless it's after a RVP strike.

He's still a sack of shit though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie is proud of beating Thierry Henry's goal scoring record for the club.

Henry made history as part of a team who won the title without losing a game, but Van Persie’s achievements have come during a year Arsene Wenger looks back on as one of the most difficult of his career. It makes the Dutchman’s 48 goals in 56 matches, including his first professional hat-trick, seem even more remarkable.

Van Persie said: "It’s fantastic. And it was about time! I have had some knocks in the past, but 2011 was clear with no injuries and I could enjoy myself. It has been my best year ever. There’s a bit of relief that the year has gone how it did, but I’m also happy to give something back to Arsenal and the boss.

"It makes me proud. I’m a sportsman. You want to achieve the highest. My main thing is to win games, but I want to achieve the highest possible.

"Thierry set that record, he is an unbelievable player and on this one, I have just beaten him. I fell one short of Shearer’s record, but maybe next year..."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy clinched the loan signing of Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong and predicted the 19 year old would have a big impact.

The energetic midfielder has already made 14 appearances for the Gunners this term.

McCarthy told www.wolves.co.uk: "I'm delighted the deal is done with Emmanuel and he's available for Monday because we need fresh players. We'll be continuing to try and get players in but I'm delighted with the business we have done so far.

"He's a terrific young player and an exciting prospect. He is an all-action, tough-tackling midfield player who can get about and pass it. I watched him against Manchester City and he got box to box and his career is blossoming.

"He should be a fabulous signing for us. It's good to get people in here for the first games because if you wait until the end of January it's another four or five games gone."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:43 pm

MJGunner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:

Such a prick

We really do need to be louder though, you hardly hear any noise unless it's after a RVP strike.

He's still a sack of shit though.

Yeah,We came 11th in term of loudness generated inside the stadium...behind Chelsea,ManU,Liverpool and even Stoke and Blackpool
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Everything was against Wenger today, even his Jacket's right pocket. lol http://t.co/PLWTuZeh

(via @PascalZidane )

--

Quite funny lol
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:30 pm

lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Everything was against Wenger today, even his Jacket's right pocket. lol http://t.co/PLWTuZeh

(via @PascalZidane )

--

Quite funny lol

hahaha yesssss someone else saw it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 2 9sz2iu

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 am

Wenger apparently set for FA probe following comments re Ref.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4034394/Fulham-2-Arsenal-1-Arsene-Wenger-lets-rip-at-ref-Lee-Probert.html

---------------

Why are managers not allowed to vent their fury at referees without a fine coming their way? Is it illegal to criticise?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16374631.stm
Neil Warnock's rant on RVP ~1:00, if anyone hasn't seen it.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 am

New Post - PSG look to Ancelotti to lead new era as Kombouare is let go http://t.co/H0Gr98cI

:coffee:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 am

Some stats from yesterday's match:

Laurent Koscielny has scored more goals than Robin Van Persie and the entire Arsenal attack,in 2012.

Arsene Wenger covered more ground,when he ran from the tunnel to Arsenal's dugout,during the half-time break,than Arshavin had against West Brom.

Theo Walcott was more unsuccessful in putting a ball into the danger zone than Wenger,who tried to put his right hand into his jacket's pocket.

via ROBINHO.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Patrick Vieira is happy to be working in the front office at Manchester City.

Vieira was expected to move behind the scenes at Arsenal after hanging up his boots. He became a Gunners legend during a nine-year spell, but the former French international is pleased with his decision to join City.

He explained to the People: “I don’t miss playing at all, I feel like I have done all I can do. I’m often asked why I stayed at Manchester City instead of getting ­involved at Arsenal. People may have difficulty understanding, but this is a continuation of what I did for two years here as a player.

“The club has opened its doors to me, shown me respect and taken into ­consideration all my experience.

“Since I left Arsenal, I always had a very good relationship with Arsene Wenger, but I never received a proposal from them.

“With City, it was done without pushing things and it was the proposal that I ­wanted. It was a pretty easy decision to work for the club.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:58 pm

John Hartson has told Arsene Wenger to stop whinging about referees.

The Arsenal boss blamed Lee Probert for sending off Johan Djourou at Craven Cottage last night before his side gave away two late goals.

But former Gunners forward Hartson told talkSPORT: "People are sick of it."

"You want Wenger to come out and say: 'Look, my players were ill-disciplined'.

"Over the years at Arsenal the discipline has been woeful under Wenger

"You want him to take it (responsibility) on the chin.

"We all know Arsenal should have won the game, they go 1-0 up but that's a dangerous score line, they needed that second goal. Fulham are always thinking, one more goal and we're back in this.

"I'm getting sick of excuses. I don't know how you can defend his comments really. I genuinely feel Djourou deserved to get sent off.

"The first tackle on Dembele was a definite booking, and a rash referee could have sent him off. Then he gets away with another one on Frei that could have been a booking and then the third one on Zamora.

"Zamora's a very clever player and if you're clean through and then pulled back, clever players go down. You've seen Arsenal players like Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Robert Pires all go down under Wenger.

"This is was what clever players do. If they are touched, if they've felt a little bit on the shoulder, they go down. It's not cheating, it's clever."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Those comments are facepalm worthy. Wenger specifically mentioned the penalty incident as his main gripe, not Djourou's sending off.

I really do dislike this idea that managers can't complain about referees. If fans can do it, and the players do it, why not the manager also? It's their true opinion on something, and it's a lot better than the same old, tired cliches that managers spew after games.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:35 pm

He missed two penalties (RvP, Gervinho[dove a bit]). Awarded nearly a dozen fouls for them and one for us. And Wenger couldn't get his hand in his pocket for like 5 minutes.

He has a right to complain.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Delighted to announce that I have joined two new websites this week.

I will now be righting for both OddsChanger.Com and GoalWeekly.com.

My first post for odds checker is already online:

My latest post - 'PSG look to Ancelotti to lead new era as Kombouare is let go' - http://bit.ly/v1Lt76 Now on @Oddschanger

Very Happy

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Congratz man
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Congratz man

With work, football journalism, watching games, football training, 6-a-side football, I have little time for FM12 right now Crying or Very sad

Might fit a couple of hours in later tonight hopefully.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Congratz man

With work, football journalism, watching games, football training, 6-a-side football, I have little time for FM12 right now Crying or Very sad

Might fit a couple of hours in later tonight hopefully.

Congratulations! Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Manchester City need to stop playing like Arsenal to get back to winning ways, says Gary Owen

The 53-year-old was frustrated by Roberto Mancini's side's failure to score in their past two games, and believes a more direct approach needs to be taken ahead in front of goal

Former Manchester City man Gary Owen believes his former side need to stop trying to play like Arsenal, after they failed to score in their past two Premier League outings despite dominating possession.

Owen admits he was alarmed to watch Roberto Mancini's side's 1-0 away defeat to Sunderland on New Year's Day, a result which followed the goalless stalemate at the Hawthorns against West Brom.

The ex-midfielder has suggested the Eastlands outfit need to take a more direct approach, with the Premier League leaders set to face Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

“I watched the Sunderland game and it frightened me a little bit,” Owen told Talksport.

“I think we are falling in the trap that we feel that we can play Arsenal-esque, where you have to walk the ball in and can’t shoot unless you’re six yards from goal or in the six yard box, otherwise it doesn’t count.

“Nobody puts their foot through the ball from the edge of the box and when you have 11 men around the ball, if you can’t get around them then you have to blast the ball through them.”

I think we need to stop playing like Arsenal :facepalm:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Manchester City need to stop playing like Arsenal to get back to winning ways, says Gary Owen

The 53-year-old was frustrated by Roberto Mancini's side's failure to score in their past two games, and believes a more direct approach needs to be taken ahead in front of goal

Former Manchester City man Gary Owen believes his former side need to stop trying to play like Arsenal, after they failed to score in their past two Premier League outings despite dominating possession.

Owen admits he was alarmed to watch Roberto Mancini's side's 1-0 away defeat to Sunderland on New Year's Day, a result which followed the goalless stalemate at the Hawthorns against West Brom.

The ex-midfielder has suggested the Eastlands outfit need to take a more direct approach, with the Premier League leaders set to face Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

“I watched the Sunderland game and it frightened me a little bit,” Owen told Talksport.

“I think we are falling in the trap that we feel that we can play Arsenal-esque, where you have to walk the ball in and can’t shoot unless you’re six yards from goal or in the six yard box, otherwise it doesn’t count.

“Nobody puts their foot through the ball from the edge of the box and when you have 11 men around the ball, if you can’t get around them then you have to blast the ball through them.”

I think we need to stop playing like Arsenal :facepalm:

we haven't really been playing like Arsenal this season....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next