Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Gareth Bale - Page 3 Empty Re: Gareth Bale

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:36 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Lex wrote:What's Bale got that Walcott doesn't

This should be delicious

strength, a bomb of a shot, excellent crossing, good at set pieces :coffee:

When was the last time he scored a bomb , a free kick and how often does he prove this excellent crossing prowess?

Walcott has played much better than Bale over the last 6 months he creates goals, scores goals and overall a much more dangerous player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Looooool some say his the best in the world - I laugh!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree with Mole and Gil here. He is too one dymentional, very easy to stop as well, all you gotta do is double up on him and deny him space and he is non existant. Today, sagna was comfortable against him, he only became a threat when that shit player jilkinson or whatever his name is came on.

Good player, but extremely overrated.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

This should be delicious

When was the last time he scored a bomb , a free kick and how often does he prove this excellent crossing prowess?

Walcott has played much better than Bale over the last 6 months he creates goals, scores goals and overall a much more dangerous player.
Thanx for sticking behind our player, I mean Bale can be best compared to a yo-yo.

One day he's excellent, next day he juz fills up the numbers of his team!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:IMO

United is the only team where he will be benched.

Debatable for Chelsea, but Bale > Malouda (if he starts)

Hoilette? that is very hypocritical of you since a week ago you said he has not done anything.

He has'nt but you can see the talent is there and consistently performed every game this season so far, i stand by what i said about him he needs to stay at Blackburn before moving to a bigger club......

But he is much better all round winger than Bale and has performed more often than Bale.....

Oh Yh Mata is the LW for Chelsea so no he wouldnt start, he wouldnt start at Liverpool and Arsenall either.....

Downing and Gervinho are both better and actually perform most weeks Gervinho does have a problem with finishing though......

Can we please stop overrating Bale please he hardly ever performs and when he does 1 run past a player that was playing league 1 before this season he is suddenly god.....

Again prove he performs consistently if you can.....

But you cant because he never does.

Well from what I have seen so far from Chelsea Mata doesn't really play LW though he is a better player and I would play them both.

Bale is better than Gervinho imo he never does anything and is also over rated. Plus I would bench Walcott move Gervinho RW and play Bale LW.

Hoilette has the potential to be better, but right now Bale is better. Jarvis is under rated I will give you that.

Also why would I wanna prove he is consistent? I said once in every 15 games is exaggeration at its finest. He isn't consistent and btw Sanga is a top 3 rb in world and 99% of wingers wouk\ld atruggle vs him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

This should be delicious

ya he doesn't consistently do each of those every match, but still doesn't mean walcott has those capabilities. never seen him take a set piece in my life, never seen him hit a screamer ever...fact is i've seen bale score a set piece, i've seen him score a screamer.

so therefore Bale has those over Walcott until proven otherwise
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:09 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:never seen him take a set piece in my life, never seen him hit a screamer ever...fact is i've seen bale score a set piece, i've seen him score a screamer.

Doesn't mean he's better though. Otherwise, Ronaldo would be better than Messi
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:13 pm

I actually think Bale is a fantastic winger and the best in the Premier League, better than Nani, Young and Mata, his pace is incredible and beyond that his crosses are just world class, and he's more consistent than Nani and Walcott, will walk into the first 11 of every premier league team at the moment.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Now that is over rated!
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 pm

No it isn't, Nani has been very inconsistent for United, he may have games like the Chelsea match, and will look totally clueless in the next match or even in the same game, which was why Ferguson decided to ditch him in favour of Park and Valencia in the Champions league final.

And I don't rate Young that highly, he was not even the best player at Villa last season, Agbonlahor and Bent were much better, he's started the season well, but I doubt he'll be able to maintain that form.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Nani is not inconsistent.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Agbonlahor was not better than Young last season, and Bent only came to Villa in Jan.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Nani is the definition of inconsistency, ask anyone who watches him week in, week out. As as said he can be so inconsistent that in one match he can look world class at one moment and at another moment he'll give a shocking pass, or attempt and fail a dribble with a team mate in a good position, screaming for a pass.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:Agbonlahor was not better than Young last season, and Bent only came to Villa in Jan.

Agbolahor was a better player, Young would have been living under the shadows of the two, and no one would have been comparing him to Gareth Bale had he stayed on at Aston Villa, again Bent did more in 5 months than Young did for Aston Villa in a full season.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 pm

:facepalm:

some of the comments on this thread. anyway, someone struggles against Sagna and is crap?

anyway, on topic, when he does what he is good at, he is probably the scariest player out there, but when he cant do that, he is average at best. as for him vs Walcott, there is not much difference. give them space they will work wonders, but otherwise, both are crap.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Dur! Walcott only has pace to burn and very little end product, Bale has a better end product to his incredible pace, did he struggle against Sagna? I think he was playing well against Sagna, he was still active in the game but assumed a whole new dimension when Jenkinson came on and Arsenal left acres of space in defence. Sagna is probably the best Right back in the EPL at the moment, being kept quite (by Bale's standards) is not really a big deal.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 pm

He's nowhere near the top 5 wingers in world football. To suggest so is an absolutely absurd claim. Sure, he has pace, but what use is blistering pace when you don't have much more else to your game?

If Bale had average speed, but was a good crosser, then he would be a much better winger than he currently is.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Lex wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:never seen him take a set piece in my life, never seen him hit a screamer ever...fact is i've seen bale score a set piece, i've seen him score a screamer.

Doesn't mean he's better though. Otherwise, Ronaldo would be better than Messi

you asked what he has over Walcott....i listed them, never stated he's better, Walcott works in arsenals system, Bale plays much wider and hugs the touchline for tottenham
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

buddytaller wrote: another moment he'll give a shocking pass, or attempt and fail a dribble with a team mate in a good position, screaming for a pass.

you just described Ronaldo too....so what does that make him? :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:44 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:ya he doesn't consistently do each of those every match, but still doesn't mean walcott has those capabilities. never seen him take a set piece in my life, never seen him hit a screamer ever...fact is i've seen bale score a set piece, i've seen him score a screamer.

Walcott has taken a few set-pieces in the last year and while he's never scored from them a few have been quite promising and were only denied by excellent saves. True Walcott doesn't score screamers but he scores far more goals and has more assists.

Theo has the disadvantage of playing with a team who build play up and try to keep possession, which often robs him of the ability to hit people on the counter-attack which is where he is best, but he still consistently puts up better numbers - considering both are primarily match-winners and don't do much else, I consider stats very important.
buddytaller wrote:I actually think Bale is a fantastic winger and the best in the Premier League, better than Nani, Young and Mata, his pace is incredible and beyond that his crosses are just world class, and he's more consistent than Nani and Walcott, will walk into the first 11 of every premier league team at the moment.
:facepalm:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Did nothing whilst Sagna was on because he only does well against slow full backs, hence why he did well against Stoke, Inter and today against Jenkinson.

It's just kick and run, nothing special. If he is what qualifies as a good winger then there are no words to describe actual good wingers like Robben.

Top 5 :facepalm: Not even top 50
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:34 pm

Bale is better than any player Arsenal has.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm finding it hard to distinguish the genuine posts from the trolls
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 am

I have one question why do people think Walcott, Young and Nani are better wingers than Bale, that is overrating those players. This is my list of top wingers in the world, excluding Messi and Ronaldo.

1. Robben
2. Ribery
3. Bale
4. Hazard
5. Nani
6. Alexis Sanchez
7. Di Maria
8. Mata
9. Young
10. Krasic
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:31 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:

Debatable? What debatable? You would rather have Bale than Mata? And Anelka is ahead of Malouda in that position and don't tell me you would rather have Bale than Anelka.

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:IMO

United is the only team where he will be benched.

Hoilette? that is very hypocritical of you since a week ago you said he has not done anything.

He has'nt but you can see the talent is there and consistently performed every game this season so far, i stand by what i said about him he needs to stay at Blackburn before moving to a bigger club......

But he is much better all round winger than Bale and has performed more often than Bale.....

Oh Yh Mata is the LW for Chelsea so no he wouldnt start, he wouldnt start at Liverpool and Arsenall either.....

Downing and Gervinho are both better and actually perform most weeks Gervinho does have a problem with finishing though......

Can we please stop overrating Bale please he hardly ever performs and when he does 1 run past a player that was playing league 1 before this season he is suddenly god.....

Again prove he performs consistently if you can.....

But you cant because he never does.

Well from what I have seen so far from Chelsea Mata doesn't really play LW though he is a better player and I would play them both.

Mata does in fact play LW. But bearing in mind we play a 4-3-3 and with Mata on the other wing, would you rather play him ahead of Sturridge or Anelka?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next