Onyx
Die Borussen
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Raptorgunner
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano Empty Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12088_8477969,00.html

Jeff Stelling wrote:What Bale's got that Ronaldo hasn't is incredible strength and power. Ronaldo is quick but when Bale gets up a head of steam, there's no stopping him.

Opinions?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano Empty Re: Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 pm

I dont think Ronoldo has anything on Christian Bale.

Batman>>>>>>>>>Ronaldo. :coffee:

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano Empty Re: Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

I think Stelling is a host who is paid to be entertaining and provide decent banter and his opinion should not be paid attention to what so ever.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

better than leo too

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Bale looks slightly quicker than Ronaldo in his style. However Ronaldo's powerful and strong too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:52 pm

look, i read the article, and he is giving an opinion. It's his opinion, so it's ok,but the arguments he uses to put Bale above Ronaldo are something fanboys would be proud of. It's all-round weak.

So what if Bale is faster and stronger than Ronaldo? he is also faster and stronger than messi, but does that make him better than messi as well?

bale might have a more rounded game than ronaldo, but does he excel at scoring like ronaldo? no he doesnt. there are plenty of lads out there that are better rounded than CR yet not better or more decisive.

bale got spurs up to 4th place? big woop, ronaldo is winning big trophies.

relatively speaking, what bale does for spurs is fantastic, and he deserves merit for being one of the top 5 players in EPL pound for pound, and currently one of the best in europe. But sorry, scoring vs Austria in a friendly shouldnt encourage a journalist to post such asenine arguments.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm

I think the writer of the article is a messi fan tired of the Ronaldo fanboys saying "he is more complete, taller stronger, faster" and used that logic against him with another player Smile good for him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm

He's not really a journalist Nick though that's the thing...

He's a host of a show which reports the goals as they come in on Saturdays.

His opinion shouldn't be taken that seriously, its like a well known media journalist working for one of the biggest UK papers said it or something.

He's a host who is paid to be entertaining rather than be knowledgeable.

If an ex footballer or someone like Marcotti said it or something i might actually start complaining as it is their job to know shit but that isn't his job.

Comments like these hardly surprise me tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Maestro Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:look, i read the article, and he is giving an opinion. It's his opinion, so it's ok,but the arguments he uses to put Bale above Ronaldo are something fanboys would be proud of. It's all-round weak.

So what if Bale is faster and stronger than Ronaldo? he is also faster and stronger than messi, but does that make him better than messi as well?

bale might have a more rounded game than ronaldo, but does he excel at scoring like ronaldo? no he doesnt. there are plenty of lads out there that are better rounded than CR yet not better or more decisive.

bale got spurs up to 4th place? big woop, ronaldo is winning big trophies.

relatively speaking, what bale does for spurs is fantastic, and he deserves merit for being one of the top 5 players in EPL pound for pound, and currently one of the best in europe. But sorry, scoring vs Austria in a friendly shouldnt encourage a journalist to post such asenine arguments.

Can't disagree with any of that. I can see where he is coming from but he shouldn't have went on to say Bale was a better player than Ronaldo
The Maestro
The Maestro
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Donuts wrote:I think the writer of the article is a messi fan tired of the Ronaldo fanboys saying "he is more complete, taller stronger, faster" and used that logic against him with another player Smile good for him.

Except in no universe is Bale more complete than Ronaldo lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Zealous wrote:
Donuts wrote:I think the writer of the article is a messi fan tired of the Ronaldo fanboys saying "he is more complete, taller stronger, faster" and used that logic against him with another player Smile good for him.

Eh in some ways he succeeds Ronaldo, atleast in crossing/passing which is a big asset for a winger, equal in speed.
I remember some Madrid fans saying if Ronaldo were to leave they'd want more of a team player to take his role so the goals are more spread out and not wasted in chances, that means Ronaldo isn't complete doesn't it?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Seriously rofl , stick to soccer saturday
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Donuts wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Eh in some ways he succeeds Ronaldo, atleast in crossing/passing which is a big asset for a winger, equal in speed.
I remember some Madrid fans saying if Ronaldo were to leave they'd want more of a team player to take his role so the goals are more spread out and not wasted in chances, that means Ronaldo isn't complete doesn't it?

Look before I say anything I want to say that I think Bale is great. He's exciting to watch and the sky is the limit for him. He is not more complete than Ronaldo, Ronaldo is more naturally skilled, Ronaldo's movement as a striker is light years ahead of Bale, his aerial ability is better, he's just all around a more developed offensive player as proved Ronaldo's goal scoring ability. Bale is a better crosser of the ball and it would be interesting to see a foot race between the two of them but I struggle to see exactly how Bale is "more complete" when Bale's game is much more one dimensional. Ronaldo has shown that he can develop himself, always evolving. Bale hasn't done that yet (although I hope he does because I like him)

As for your "but Madrid fans said" argument since when were some Madrid fans on here the bench mark for punditry? I am fond of all Madrid posters here, they add life to the forum but the large majority of them are drama queens, with some of them everything is either perfect or utter shite.

Again I like Bale, but he has shown nothing that Cristiano hasn't already done and done better.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:05 pm

As a 100% Cristiano hater....

Laughing

This kind of stuff is why people come up with terms like "premfacery".

Cristiano is so much better than Bale its untrue...and I actually like Bale.

As Mole said, dude needs to kick rocks and get back to Soccer Saturday and asking the questions to people who know what they are talking about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Tbf he asks questions to Paul f*cking Merson not sure he's much more qualified tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Good point. Show is full of crap, the only guy I even remotely listen seriously to is the former Arsenal guy...Charlie Nicholas maybe?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:32 pm

:facepalm:

Bale is really good but he belongs to lower categories with likes of Alexis Sanchez, Di Maria, Nani, etc.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Ronaldo worse then bale?

Hmm

Seems legit
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Put simply, Gareth Bale is the most over-rated player of all time.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Let me get this straight...

A person paid to host a show about English footballl rates a player that plays in English football higher than he should, and this person has no analtical crdentials whatsoever?

No...I won't believe it, it never happens...

ffs how is this news?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:Let me get this straight...

A person paid to host a show about English footballl rates a player that plays in English football higher than he should, and this person has no analtical crdentials whatsoever?

No...I won't believe it, it never happens...

ffs how is this news?

Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

I guess scoring will always be rated above everything else? Not implying Bale is better than Ronaldo btw.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I guess scoring will always be rated above everything else? Not implying Bale is better than Ronaldo btw.

No, for example I make no secret I prefer Iniesta and I think Zidane, Ronaldinho and others are superior to what Cristiano is now..despite the goals.

Just Bale aint that good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 pm

bale is a 1 trick pony who relies mostly on his speed and is probably at the peak of his career.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 pm

spanky wrote:bale is a 1 trick pony who relies mostly on his speed and is probably at the peak of his career.

You're like 2 years too late on that one brah
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next