Albiceleste
RealGunner
McAgger
Die Borussen
Onyx
52 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The official Modric appreciation thread

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:10 am

Best midfielder in the world by a mile.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The official Modric appreciation thread

Post by Lucifer Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:47 am

Has been for while tbh.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:04 am

together with Vidal maybe
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Lost another bet again Hans?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:09 pm

No. I've turned into a gay activist now for real
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 25, 2017 8:23 pm

99 agility. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:10 pm

Aging like fine wine :bow:

https://streamff.com/v/3pn9z5

:bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:39 am

Madrid is going to have a hard time replacing him. Extremely hard time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:18 am

Goes to show deservedly won that Ballon D'or, been carrying Real for like ever since he joined now ffs. Real basically wouldnt have achieved half as much without him during this period... legend.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:49 am

Brilliant, brilliant player.

Won the stupid Ballon D'or for all the midfielders who were ignored during the Messi/CR era (even name dropped many of the favorites during his speech).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:29 am

You know the bad part about having a player like Modric? It's the fact that you know you will never get someone like him again in a very, very long time.

One of the greatest pieces of business ever made by Real Madrid in its entire history was signing this absolute monster.

I'm a little sad that he's now in the twilight of his career, but that's life.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:21 am

I hope it doesn’t happen but B.Silva would be a good replacement for him tbh
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:24 am

Mourinho masterstroke, set all the foundations for all Real Madrid success
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Will Croatia ever be able to produce another monster of his mold?

No, forget Croatia. Will mankind ever be able to produce a midfielder like Modric?

What a fucking beast!

It almost hurts to see him in the twilight of his career, but at least glad that Madrid was able to help him win all these trophies because he deserves it. Same thing for Kroos.

Two of the best midfielders in the history of the game who came to Madrid for a combined €60m.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 29, 2022 12:09 am

As much as I appreciate both him and Kroos, I think it is a mistake to keep both on next year. It sure sounds like A Tchouameńi signing is imminent. Besides the issues of playing 2 DM, that signing will likely lead to Ceballos going to greener pastures at a time when he is finally showing he can contribute (but obviously can’t as a 7th MF). Then there is Carlo’s interest in Fabián.

The right thing to do would be to let both go now after this CL win, but we know it won’t happen!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 29, 2022 12:14 am

I definitely agree. This CL would be the perfect sendoff to those legendary players. It's time.

Kroos will stay because he still has a year left on his contract, but Modric's contract expires in june, and the club still hasn't renewed him.

Maybe they are not planning on renewing him after all?

If he's leaving, I hope he'll get a great sendoff from a packed Bernabeu.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 29, 2022 12:16 am

futbol_bill wrote:As much as I appreciate both him and Kroos, I think it is a mistake to keep both on next year. It sure sounds like A Tchouameńi signing is imminent. Besides the issues of playing 2 DM, that signing will likely lead to Ceballos going to greener pastures at a time when he is finally showing he can contribute (but obviously can’t as a 7th MF). Then there is Carlo’s interest in Fabián.

The right thing to do would be to let both go now after this CL win, but we know it won’t happen!

That would be a mistake IMO. Modric can still go for a couple of years, especially when he plays closer to the opponent's defense.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 29, 2022 12:30 am

No doubt all of 35+ guys are great and their contributions have been invaluable. But how long can they stretch this generation out. It’s now been 10 years of unheard of results. We already know we have 2 solid replacements with a signing of a 3rd hopefully imminent. Plus there is Casemiro, Ceballos and a possibility of Fabián, all good MF. If Carlo would at least rotate the 6, then it will be ok, but it sure looks like as long as Modric and Kroos are with the club, they will play and start.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun May 29, 2022 5:47 am

Carlo's Achilles heel has always been rotation.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 30, 2022 3:36 pm

futbol_bill wrote:No doubt all of 35+ guys are great and their contributions have been invaluable. But how long can they stretch this generation out. It’s now been 10 years of unheard of results. We already know we have 2 solid replacements with a signing of a 3rd hopefully imminent. Plus there is Casemiro, Ceballos and a possibility of Fabián, all good MF. If Carlo would at least rotate the 6, then it will be ok, but it sure looks like as long as Modric and Kroos are with the club, they will play and start.

I think Ancelotti is more pragmatic than what he's given credit for. He'll have no problems benching Modric and Kroos or even completely phasing them out if their decline hits critical levels.

Remember he was starring with the veterans Bale and Hazard when he came in. Once he realized they were not up to the required standard, he dropped both without any hesitation.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 30, 2022 4:33 pm

I think and hope you are right. Madrid are now in a determined week to try to wrap up the Tchouameńi purchase and Modric confirmed he has renewed for another year. That gives them 6 competent midfielders.

There is a possibility of a 7th, if they can convince Ceballos to stay plus there is Carlo’s interest in Fabián Ruiz. Mixed reactions from Ceballos, but I think he will go to Betis unless they can convince him that they plan to play a 4 man midfield, at least some of the time. There was an obstacle at Betis when they were after Isco (and with Canales already there), but today Isco has said he is turning down Betis and going to either Sevilla or Roma. With Ceballos at the age where he wants to start, I’m assuming he goes to his home team where they want him to be an important part of their midfield. Fabián is well established as a starter, so I doubt if he comes to be a 7th midfielder.

Bottom line I think if Tchouameńi is confirmed, the midfield is solidified for next season and Carlo will have no choice other than to play all 6 of them. I view it will be similar (for Kroos and Modric and to a lessor extent Casemiro) to Iniesta’s final 2 years at Barcelona.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8