Post by Khaled Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 am

Pick Your Best Starting Lineup for Spain

==================

IMO

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique JoseEnrique

Xavi - Sergio/Alonso - Iniesta

Silva - Torres/Cesc - Villa/Pedro

Note: IMO, Alonso & Busquets should not play together, ONLY when Spain are leading, Del Bosque wants to secure the result ..

Do u think that this line-up can work?

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique JoseEnrique

Xavi - Sergio - Iniesta

Silva - Cesc - Villa/Pedro

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Khaled Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Andres Iniesta is key, Cesc Fabregas should start and Sergio Busquets can replace Carles Puyol - how Spain can learn from Barcelona again after the comeback against Chile

Vicente del Bosque's side needed an impressive second-half fightback to beat Chile, but changes to the starting XI can help avoid a repeat of the opening 45 minutes in Switzerland

By Ben Hayward | Spanish Football Editor

Without Andres Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas, Spain quite possibly would not be champions of the world. Last summer in South Africa, as the deadlock remained unbroken following 115 minutes of absorbing football in the final against Holland, Cesc found Iniesta with an intelligent defence-splitting pass which left the midfielder with just Maarten Stekelenburg to beat. The rest, as they say, is history.

On Friday night, Iniesta and Cesc proved the inspiration for Spain once again.

Having gone 2-0 down in a first half which coach Vicente del Bosque claimed "could not have gone any worse", the World Cup winners needed a reaction. Iniesta and Cesc delivered it.

Iniesta replaced Xabi Alonso and Spain improved instantly. His introduction brought a spark that had been missing in the first half, his positive influence rubbing off on his team-mates, mediocre and helpless as Chile raced into a 2-0 lead at the interval.

Fab finale | Cesc scored two late goals to stake a claim for a starting spot

Iniesta got Spain back in it with a low drive from outside the box shortly into the second period, helped into the corner by a fortuitous deflection off Gonzalo Jara. And the midfielder then turned provider for Cesc - on for Xavi - as he threaded an excellent pass through to his Barcelona team-mate, who kept his cool to level the scores. Fabregas had been on the field for just seven minutes.

A thrilling 2-2 would have been just about right, but this Spain side settle only for the best. And a winner came in the dying seconds, when Cesc converted a controversial penalty at the second attempt, after his first effort had been pushed onto the post by Claudio Bravo.

Cesc simply picked up where he had left off with Barca since signing from Arsenal, proving he is ready for a starting spot in this Spain side after five years as a luxury replacement for La Roja.

Fabregas cannot replace Xavi, who is the team's playmaker and pivotal pass-master, nor Iniesta, who showed his importance once again versus Chile. But last night's first half once again highlighted the flaws in fielding both Sergio Busquets and Xabi Alonso in the middle of the park. The partnership gives Spain solidity in the middle, but restricts La Roja as an attacking force. And just as significantly, it means there is no room for Cesc.

“I have not been this happy for some time. I am going through a great moment and let's see if I can use that by playing more with the national side.” - Cesc Fabregas

With Barca defenders Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique both missing through injury, Del Bosque's best option would have been to move Busquets into the back four, where he has performed so admirably of late for the Catalan club, and fielded Fabregas alongside Xavi, with Alonso in a deeper role.

Instead, his decision to start with another midfielder, Javi Martinez, backfired as the Athletic Bilbao man failed to cope with Chile's intensity and persistent pressure in the opening 45 minutes. It was the right idea, but the wrong personnel, as Real Madrid's Raul Albiol proved a less-than-perfect partner for the Basque and his club colleague Alvaro Arbeloa showed he is not Spain's next left-back, either.

There are issues to address, especially because the inspirational Puyol is now approaching the end of his career. Already 33 and suffering from injuries in the twilight of his playing days, the Barca captain is unlikely to be around for too much longer and replacement centre-backs are somewhat thin on the ground in Spain. Pique, still only 24, will be a fixture once he returns, and Busquets can be too. It works at Barcelona and Spain can follow Pep Guardiola's lead once more.

Ominously for their rivals, it will make La Roja even stronger.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/09/03/2648809/andres-iniesta-is-key-cesc-fabregas-should-start-and-sergio?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Do you really think that Busquets is better than Alonso? if so , why?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:13 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Do you really think that Busquets is better than Alonso? if so , why?

As a DM yes which is what the discussion is all about Busquets has proven he is stellar in the lone DM role which is shown by the fact Barca are nowhere near as fluid or good when he does'nt play....

Alonso cannot play the lone dm role this has been proven many many times.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Fair enough,but you can just move fabregas into the douple pivot.Trust me , he can function in a double pivot.

Also The Lone DM role at Barca is definitely not that of a true DM. At Barca even makalele , the epitome of lone Dm would be benched for busquets.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

IMO Euro 2012,

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol J.Enrique
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Silva - Torres/Cesc - Villa/Pedro

WC 2014

Casillas
Montoya Ramos Pique J.Enrique
Busquets
Thiago/Cesc - Iniesta
Silva/Deulofeu Twisted Evil - Bojan/Cesc - Mata/Pedro

Euro 2016

De Gea
Montoya - Pique - Muniesa/S.Gomez - Grimaldo Twisted Evil
Busquets/Romeu
Thiago/Iniesta - Cesc/Isco
Silva/Pedro - Bojan/Morata - Deulofeu/Mata

hahaha Very Happy
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Lol ...... projecting too far into the future my friend , but I love the enthusiasam about the Spanish national team.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Like Montoya now, other young players like Barcelona B defender Sergi Gomez or winger Deulofeu could soon get a ESP call-up. [as] !!! :O

I think its still early !!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Or Sarabia and Canales could be be better than Xavi and Iniesta. :king: That would be a dream. But I try to put aside Madrid bias when it comes to the Spanish National team.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:47 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Or Sarabia and Canales could be be better than Xavi and Iniesta. :king: That would be a dream. But I try to put aside Madrid bias when it comes to the Spanish National team.

Sarabia & Canales has the Talent...

There is alot better players in Spain in their position/age..

Thiago, Herrera, Isco, Sergi Roberto already playing ahead of them in the Spanish Youth NTs..
u can add Espinosa ( IMO ) Smile

We don't have to forget Xaviniesta & Cesc!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Dude I really like muniesa a couple years ago but he seems to have fallen off a bit.I was sure he was gonna take over from Capdevilla. Sigh..... more years of mediocity at LB for spain.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:57 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Dude I really like muniesa a couple years ago but he seems to have fallen off a bit.I was sure he was gonna take over from Capdevilla. Sigh..... more years of mediocity at LB for spain.

Muniesa had alot of injuries especially last season.. he is currently out again becuz of injury.. hope he is back fit.. I still think he can make it @ Barca if he stays fit!! Hopefully, this season willbe better!

Grimaldo is Barca/Spain Future LB, don't worry Very Happy
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 am

Lol You'll be crushed when he moves to Arsenal in 2 years. But he's like 15 he wont be good enough for another 7 years , assuming he develops well. Spain should really be contemplating using a 3 cb system , due to the utter failure of fullback talentand the amazing quality of both cb and midfield talent.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:05 am

Jose Enrique>>>>>>>>all

Seriously iam certain if he played Madrid or Barca he would 50+ caps by now extremely underrated imho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 am

If you say so.....I haven't watched enough of him to be conclusive.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Fair enough,but you can just move fabregas into the douple pivot.Trust me , he can function in a double pivot.

Also The Lone DM role at Barca is definitely not that of a true DM. At Barca even makalele , the epitome of lone Dm would be benched for busquets.

But the other pivot has always had the defensive ability to make up for Alonso's lack of it.

Be it Mascherano´s mobility and taclking, Sami´s energy and work rate or Lass's mix of both.

Cesc brings none of those things, he is actually worse then Alonso defensively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Fair enough,but you can just move fabregas into the douple pivot.Trust me , he can function in a double pivot.

But the other pivot has always had the defensive ability to make up for Alonso's lack of it.

Be it Mascherano´s mobility and taclking, Sami´s energy and work rate or Lass's mix of both.

Cesc brings none of those things, he is actually worse then Alonso defensively.

That's true. But Busquets isn't any better than Alsonso defensively either . Overall, an Alonso Fabregas double pivot can function very well due to the style Spain plays. A Xavi iniesta , busquets midfield can also function well, but once he continues with the double pivot system Fabregas , alsonso is the best bet.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Disagree, Busquets is much better then Alonso defensively.

His reading of the game is superb, he holds the record for most retrived balls in the CL. He isnt atheltic and isnt an elite tackler, but he intercepts the ball very well as proven by that stat.

Dont agree Alonso and Cesc function well as a pivot, someone has to do some defending.

Double pivot system needs to go, doesnt work with Xavi and he Spain's best player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:59 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:But I try to put aside Madrid bias when it comes to the Spanish National team.

That's so wonderful to know. For me also national team football has a very special importance and I am passionate about both Argentina and Spain.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Btw didn't Spain play a 4-4-2 in the WC? Their midfield was boss there too... They could continue

Carvajal (Twisted Evil) - Pique - Ramos - Enrique
Xabi Alonso - Busquets
Xavi ---------------- Iniesta
Morata (Twisted Evil) - Villa

Best starting XI
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Double pivot system needs to go, doesnt work with Xavi and he Spain's best player.

So true dani. If we play double pivot then playing Xavi in front of the pivot gives him an unsuitable role as AM which is what has been happening for some time. That's perhaps the main reason why Xavi has not been as brilliant in Del Bosque's Spain as he was in Aragones' Spain. I do however think that this was the need of the hour in WC 2010 even if it meant not playing Xavi in his best position. Anyway as far as the present is concerned I agree with you that the double pivot has to go because Busquets has shown last season he can now play the role of the lone DM very well and he in fact ended season 2010-11 as the world's best DM - a far cry from his initial days when he was not deemed tough enough and was prone to the odd mistake. Playing a double pivot means less tempo and rhythm in the passing and thus less scoring chances created. It's time to remove that now and concentrate on the strengths of Spain which are excellent on and off the ball movement and passing.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Fabregas Villa

Casillas
Xavi Busquets
Silva Fabregas Iniesta
Villa

Casillas
Xavi Busquets
Villa Fabregas Iniesta
Llorente
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:12 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:But I try to put aside Madrid bias when it comes to the Spanish National team.

That's so wonderful to know. For me also national team football has a very special importance and I am passionate about both Argentina and Spain.

Lol , If I didn't put aside my madrid bias I would not be able to enjoy Spain winning , after being the only person in my entire country who supported them pre 2008. Literally every idiot supports Brazil or Argentina where I live , so being an original Spanish national team supporter right now is amazing fun. If only there were more Madrid player's but you can't have it all.

@Omarish KhaledBarca is going to edit the shit out of that team.Personally I think you can play with one forwad and 2 AM's with Xavi just behind both AM's.People are overeacting , calling for the end of the double pivot which has brought spain so much of their success.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:21 pm

cholla, I think I really like your first formation. Some time back I had suggested a choice between a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and a 4-1-3-2. At the end of the discussion it still wasn't clear which of them was the best. At this point I think maybe your first formation could just be the best one. I will put it differently though. It's a 4-3-1-2. In other words it's a diamond with Busquets at the base, Xavi on the right, Iniesta at the left and Fabregas at the apex. Playing a diamond means you need quality attacking full backs. We are not very good in that department but not bad either. With our kind of midfield control we should be able to manage. Playing this way would help us to get the right trade off between midfield dominance and having at least two forwards so that there isn't too much burden on Villa to get the goals. The two forwards would be Villa and the other one could vary. If you need running you can use Pedro. If you want height you can bring Llorente. Negredo and Soldado can also be looked at. Torres only if his form improves a lot. D.Silva will have to take the bench but he will be kind of the first replacement for the midfield. X.Alonso can be brought on at times when greater protection is needed. J.Martinez serves as understudy to Busquets. What we really need is a fit Puyol and Pique and then we are ready to roll.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:32 pm

The Spain team in my mind picks itself, more or less.

Jose Enrique leftback, you know who at centerbacks and Ramos will have to do at rightback.

Xavi, Busi and Iniesta in midfield. Your playing the Barca way, you put the Barca engine in the team.

Forwards, Silva on the right. The next 2 are based on opponant.

Villa always, but you facing a team and you need more mobility, play Pedro and move Villa to the center. Alot of fluidity there.

Need a target, leave Villa left and play Llorente.

Need speed in behind, if Torres finds is form play him center.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next