OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

+21
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
futbol_bill
billy_gr
Arquitecto
The Sanchez
free_cat
matpol
Nishankly
jibers
BarcaKizz
Albiceleste
Ganso
harhar11
ChollaVille
guest7
messixaviesta
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
Khaled
25 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:23 pm

To win Euro + WC + Euro in a successive manner.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Is it that big a deal? And then what, Euro-WC-Euro-WC?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:32 pm

He has publicly stated that was his goal, I doubt he has any illusions of going to the next WC though. I can' t really complain about him being patriotic or ambitious.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Mata Fabregas Villa


WIN WIN WIN !! Twisted Evil

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He has publicly stated that was his goal, I doubt he has any illusions of going to the next WC though. I can' t really complain about him being patriotic or ambitious.

I dont really mind the patriotism or the ambition, I just personally would put my Barca career in front of NT considering how much he has done with Spain already and his increasing injury problems.

I think there is no doubt his Barca career would be extended with NT retirement.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Mata Fabregas Villa


WIN WIN WIN !! Twisted Evil



First, a 4 man mid with Espana is highly impractical and lacks cohesion along with to much similarity in style as the midfield is just not realistic.

And last I heard Cesc Fabregas is a midfielder and not a CF so I'm surprised to see how you left Fernando Llorente off who is currently on form the best striker in the Liga.

My line-up

Reina
Ramos-Pique-Puyi-Alba
Busquets-Xabi
Iniesta-Xavi-Villa
Llorente

Subs: Javi;Silva; Monreal

And again VDB leaves out Enrique, Munian, Iraola, Botia, Alcantara, Adrian.

Why is a bum like Albiol in there?

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12394
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Mata Fabregas Villa


WIN WIN WIN !! Twisted Evil



First, a 4 man mid with Espana is highly impractical and lacks cohesion along with to much similarity in style as the midfield is just not realistic.

And last I heard Cesc Fabregas is a midfielder and not a CF so I'm surprised to see how you left Fernando Llorente off who is currently on form the best striker in the Liga.

My line-up

Reina
Ramos-Pique-Puyi-Alba
Busquets-Xabi
Iniesta-Xavi-Villa
Llorente

Subs: Mata;Silva; Monreal


Valdes> Reina easy [doesn't need any explaination]

Silva is a MUST.. he doing great this season, definitly deserves to start..

I know alot won't agree with this line-up, but imo del bosque should try it.. against small/gd teams parking the bus.. we don't want to watch any boring matches like WC matches (1-0).. where Spain played with Busquets & alonso in the midfield.. against teams like swiss & honduras etc.. teams parking the bus with 10 defenders!!
Del Bosque should take more risk!

`Ideal Lineup imo:

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique
XAVI BUSQUETS INIESTA
SILVA Torres Villa
Or

Silva Villa Mata/Pedro

Llorente is not gd enough to start in for Spain IMO!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Mata Fabregas Villa


WIN WIN WIN !! Twisted Evil



First, a 4 man mid with Espana is highly impractical and lacks cohesion along with to much similarity in style as the midfield is just not realistic.

And last I heard Cesc Fabregas is a midfielder and not a CF so I'm surprised to see how you left Fernando Llorente off who is currently on form the best striker in the Liga.

My line-up

Reina
Ramos-Pique-Puyi-Alba
Busquets-Xabi
Iniesta-Xavi-Villa
Llorente

Subs: Mata;Silva; Monreal


Valdes> Reina easy [doesn't need any explaination]

Silva is a MUST.. he doing great this season, definitly deserves to start..

I know alot won't agree with this line-up, but imo del bosque should try it.. against small/gd teams parking the bus.. we don't want to watch any boring matches like WC matches (1-0).. where Spain played with Busquets & alonso in the midfield.. against teams like swiss & honduras etc.. teams parking the bus with 10 defenders!!
Del Bosque should take more risk!

`Ideal Lineup imo:

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique
XAVI BUSQUETS INIESTA
SILVA Torres Villa
Or

Silva Villa Mata/Pedro

Llorente is not gd enough to start in for Spain IMO!

Mate, Xabi and Busquets partnership was one of the prime reasons for our world cup win, playing the same midfield as Barca plays seems great on paper but I don't think you've realized that VDB DOES NOT use the same tactics as for Espana as Pep does for Barca.

Silva does not have to start as he can wait on the bench to come off it as Xavi and Iniesta have earned that spot above him. He deserves to start, but isn't a MUST how you put it.

What I'm wondering is why you put Silva as a forward considering most of his effectiveness is taken away there as proven in his early days of City and Valencia.

Can you also tell my why in the world have you put Fernando Torres in the line-up?

Valdes better then Reina?? LOL on what basis. Reina has been the best EPL keeper for quite a while now while Valdes for all his brilliance equally receives criticism due to some of his questionable keeping decisions.

The fact that you said no explanation needed shows you have no clue on how good Reina really is and haven't seen him play much.

There is a reason why he is SECOND choice keeper and Pool fans only remember 1 mistake of his in the past 2 years.

Llorente not good enough for La Furia Roja? Hilarious

You lost all credibility here with that statement.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12394
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Mata Fabregas Villa


WIN WIN WIN !! Twisted Evil



First, a 4 man mid with Espana is highly impractical and lacks cohesion along with to much similarity in style as the midfield is just not realistic.

And last I heard Cesc Fabregas is a midfielder and not a CF so I'm surprised to see how you left Fernando Llorente off who is currently on form the best striker in the Liga.

My line-up

Reina
Ramos-Pique-Puyi-Alba
Busquets-Xabi
Iniesta-Xavi-Villa
Llorente

Subs: Mata;Silva; Monreal


Valdes> Reina easy [doesn't need any explaination]

Silva is a MUST.. he doing great this season, definitly deserves to start..

I know alot won't agree with this line-up, but imo del bosque should try it.. against small/gd teams parking the bus.. we don't want to watch any boring matches like WC matches (1-0).. where Spain played with Busquets & alonso in the midfield.. against teams like swiss & honduras etc.. teams parking the bus with 10 defenders!!
Del Bosque should take more risk!

`Ideal Lineup imo:

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique
XAVI BUSQUETS INIESTA
SILVA Torres Villa
Or

Silva Villa Mata/Pedro

Llorente is not gd enough to start in for Spain IMO!

Mate, Xabi and Busquets partnership was one of the prime reasons for our world cup win, playing the same midfield as Barca plays seems great on paper but I don't think you've realized that VDB DOES NOT use the same tactics as for Espana as Pep does for Barca.

Silva does not have to start as he can wait on the bench to come off it as Xavi and Iniesta have earned that spot above him. He deserves to start, but isn't a MUST how you put it.

What I'm wondering is why you put Silva as a forward considering most of his effectiveness is taken away there as proven in his early days of City and Valencia.

Can you also tell my why in the world have you put Fernando Torres in the line-up?

Valdes better then Reina?? LOL on what basis. Reina has been the best EPL keeper for quite a while now while Valdes for all his brilliance equally receives criticism due to some of his questionable keeping decisions.

The fact that you said no explanation needed shows you have no clue on how good Reina really is and haven't seen him play much.

There is a reason why he is SECOND choice keeper and Pool fans only remember 1 mistake of his in the past 2 years.

Llorente not good enough for La Furia Roja? Hilarious

You lost all credibility here with that statement.


This is just one of the reasons Smile

Valdes especially in last 3 years, performance is better than Reina ( easily).. Also, he is in top form now!!



------------------------

1- I'm speaking here about the way i would like Spain to play.. i know that del bosque doesn't use same tactics like Barca, this is why they are less entertaining ( especially while playing with ALonso + Busquets)

2- Yes Spain won World Cup 2010.. but i'm sure most of us were bored during Spain matches.. Del bosque was playing it too safe.. no entertaining football..

Why play with Alonso & Busquets against a team defending with 10 players? (example : Switzerland)
U need more creativity.. why play with Iniesta on the wings? (we all know that iniesta plays best as a midfielder!) there is alot of players who can play better on wings like Mata, Navas, Pedro, Villa etc..

So my point, Del Bosque should change his tactics/formation and play with Just Busquets.. Replace Alonso with Fabregas, Mata, Pedro etc.. (lots of options)..

3- Llorente, is in great form now.. but not gd enough to play Barca system ( which i would like Spain to apply)..


4- So imo, Del Bosque should play 4-3-3 & use this line-up/ at least try it in the upcoming friendlies..

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique ( not called so play Arbeloa "LB")
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Silva Villa Mata
-----------------------------------

I would love to see this line-up: ( i know it won't EVER happen with del bosque lol Very Happy ):


Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Xavi Fabregas Iniesta
Mata Silva Villa

Or Silva behind Fabregas.

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by messixaviesta Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Mate, Xabi and Busquets partnership was one of the prime reasons for our world cup win, playing the same midfield as Barca plays seems great on paper but I don't think you've realized that VDB DOES NOT use the same tactics as for Espana as Pep does for Barca.

Silva does not have to start as he can wait on the bench to come off it as Xavi and Iniesta have earned that spot above him. He deserves to start, but isn't a MUST how you put it.

What I'm wondering is why you put Silva as a forward considering most of his effectiveness is taken away there as proven in his early days of City and Valencia.

Can you also tell my why in the world have you put Fernando Torres in the line-up?

Valdes better then Reina?? LOL on what basis. Reina has been the best EPL keeper for quite a while now while Valdes for all his brilliance equally receives criticism due to some of his questionable keeping decisions.

The fact that you said no explanation needed shows you have no clue on how good Reina really is and haven't seen him play much.

There is a reason why he is SECOND choice keeper and Pool fans only remember 1 mistake of his in the past 2 years.

Llorente not good enough for La Furia Roja? Hilarious

You lost all credibility here with that statement.

arqui, interesting comments but I have a few doubts.

1. Your point about Busquets and Alonso is correct but I think that Busquets has matured a lot since then. Perhaps he can now play the lone holding role. As many have pointed out this formation does not bring the best out of Xavi. Del Bosque will very likely stick with it though.

2. Now assuming that the midfield is set in stone what are we left with. Villa is of course a definite which leaves us with only one open spot. While what you have suggested is good, an alternative is to play D.Silva on the opposite wing to Iniesta and have Villa in the center. Also I have said before that I would like to have players like Navas and/or Pedro to run and stretch the defense. The biggest weakness in the lineups both you and I have made is that it will play in front of the defense and will have no one to run behind the defense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by messixaviesta Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 pm

The latest squad announced proves that Del Bosque will stick with his world cup winners. The only players definitively dropped seem to be Marchena and Capdevila due to their age. Thus spots are open for two defenders - preferably one center back and one left back. Jordi Alba seems to be close to making the latter his own. Other than this one extra midfielder could be brought in since Cazorla is in very good form and one of Pedro or Navas could be sacrificed. The rest of the Euro 2012 squad is likely to be identical to the WC 2010 squad.

Oh yes let me add that Puyol is there mainly because he was requested to stay on by the coach and his team mates. See Spain now have a plethora of midfielders which could very well be the best any country ever produced in football history at a point in time. They also have many world class goal keepers. The final third is not much of a problem either because there are one or two other good strikers and an even larger number of versatile forwards. However in defense we are struggling to produce quality and need the old guard to continue to help us.



messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by matpol Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:14 pm

What would be your 23 man squad for Spain? Here is mine:

GK - Casillas, Reina, Valdes
DF - Alba, Albiol, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Puyol
MF - Alonso, Busquets, Cesc, Iniesta, Martinez, Silva, Cazorla, Xavi
FW - Torres, Mata, Villa, Llorente, Navas, Pedro

That would be my squad. I think this may be the squad del Bosque will pick to Poland and Ukraine. He won't leave Torres out of squad. He may leave out one of forwards and pick one more defender. Negredo will fight for a place in side ahead of one of Navas/Pedro. I would leave him out of squad. Thiago has no chance of making squad for Euro 2012, he will play at Summer Olympics, Euro is too soon for him, he will have bigger shot at making a squad for WC 2014.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Mata Fabregas Villa


WIN WIN WIN !! Twisted Evil



First, a 4 man mid with Espana is highly impractical and lacks cohesion along with to much similarity in style as the midfield is just not realistic.

And last I heard Cesc Fabregas is a midfielder and not a CF so I'm surprised to see how you left Fernando Llorente off who is currently on form the best striker in the Liga.

My line-up

Reina
Ramos-Pique-Puyi-Alba
Busquets-Xabi
Iniesta-Xavi-Villa
Llorente

Subs: Mata;Silva; Monreal


Valdes> Reina easy [doesn't need any explaination]

Silva is a MUST.. he doing great this season, definitly deserves to start..

I know alot won't agree with this line-up, but imo del bosque should try it.. against small/gd teams parking the bus.. we don't want to watch any boring matches like WC matches (1-0).. where Spain played with Busquets & alonso in the midfield.. against teams like swiss & honduras etc.. teams parking the bus with 10 defenders!!
Del Bosque should take more risk!

`Ideal Lineup imo:

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique
XAVI BUSQUETS INIESTA
SILVA Torres Villa
Or

Silva Villa Mata/Pedro

Llorente is not gd enough to start in for Spain IMO!

Mate, Xabi and Busquets partnership was one of the prime reasons for our world cup win, playing the same midfield as Barca plays seems great on paper but I don't think you've realized that VDB DOES NOT use the same tactics as for Espana as Pep does for Barca.

Silva does not have to start as he can wait on the bench to come off it as Xavi and Iniesta have earned that spot above him. He deserves to start, but isn't a MUST how you put it.

What I'm wondering is why you put Silva as a forward considering most of his effectiveness is taken away there as proven in his early days of City and Valencia.

Can you also tell my why in the world have you put Fernando Torres in the line-up?

Valdes better then Reina?? LOL on what basis. Reina has been the best EPL keeper for quite a while now while Valdes for all his brilliance equally receives criticism due to some of his questionable keeping decisions.

The fact that you said no explanation needed shows you have no clue on how good Reina really is and haven't seen him play much.

There is a reason why he is SECOND choice keeper and Pool fans only remember 1 mistake of his in the past 2 years.

Llorente not good enough for La Furia Roja? Hilarious

You lost all credibility here with that statement.


This is just one of the reasons Smile

Valdes especially in last 3 years, performance is better than Reina ( easily).. Also, he is in top form now!!



------------------------

1- I'm speaking here about the way i would like Spain to play.. i know that del bosque doesn't use same tactics like Barca, this is why they are less entertaining ( especially while playing with ALonso + Busquets)

2- Yes Spain won World Cup 2010.. but i'm sure most of us were bored during Spain matches.. Del bosque was playing it too safe.. no entertaining football..

Why play with Alonso & Busquets against a team defending with 10 players? (example : Switzerland)
U need more creativity.. why play with Iniesta on the wings? (we all know that iniesta plays best as a midfielder!) there is alot of players who can play better on wings like Mata, Navas, Pedro, Villa etc..

So my point, Del Bosque should change his tactics/formation and play with Just Busquets.. Replace Alonso with Fabregas, Mata, Pedro etc.. (lots of options)..

3- Llorente, is in great form now.. but not gd enough to play Barca system ( which i would like Spain to apply)..


4- So imo, Del Bosque should play 4-3-3 & use this line-up/ at least try it in the upcoming friendlies..

Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol Enrique ( not called so play Arbeloa "LB")
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Silva Villa Mata
-----------------------------------

I would love to see this line-up: ( i know it won't EVER happen with del bosque lol Very Happy ):


Valdes
Ramos Pique Puyol
Busquets
Xavi Fabregas Iniesta
Mata Silva Villa

Or Silva behind Fabregas.


The video you showed me of Reina involved only ONE proper mistake as the rest were the fault of his teammates and simply him attempting to cover their faults and being made the scapegoat.

Funny enough they're were no other mistakes.

Do I have to name and show all the howlers and blunders of Valdes?

Its funny that Reina has received Golden Glove of BPL 3 years in a row and also received LFC's player of the season 2 years ago while you simply say there is no comparison to Valdes while the whole forum except Barca fans would agree otherwise.

Go ahead, make a poll on it.


1. Fair enough on this point but in the end our goal is to win and not entertain.

2. Boring play? I don't see how the millions who praised our style find it boring as to me and others it was poetic creole style football as it was slow at times but the pure technical aspect and passing made it quite the opposite.

3. Llorente has been in "good form" for over 4 years now and has been carrying a Bilbao team on his back and always performs in big games against every team. If I can remember he made a mess of Pique last game. How is he not good enough for Barca's system if he excels every time on the pitch for Espana?

4. This line-up is fine but Using Silva and Mata in positions where others are better at is not so wise. They both excel better in midfield.


Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12394
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:41 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Mate, Xabi and Busquets partnership was one of the prime reasons for our world cup win, playing the same midfield as Barca plays seems great on paper but I don't think you've realized that VDB DOES NOT use the same tactics as for Espana as Pep does for Barca.

Silva does not have to start as he can wait on the bench to come off it as Xavi and Iniesta have earned that spot above him. He deserves to start, but isn't a MUST how you put it.

What I'm wondering is why you put Silva as a forward considering most of his effectiveness is taken away there as proven in his early days of City and Valencia.

Can you also tell my why in the world have you put Fernando Torres in the line-up?

Valdes better then Reina?? LOL on what basis. Reina has been the best EPL keeper for quite a while now while Valdes for all his brilliance equally receives criticism due to some of his questionable keeping decisions.

The fact that you said no explanation needed shows you have no clue on how good Reina really is and haven't seen him play much.

There is a reason why he is SECOND choice keeper and Pool fans only remember 1 mistake of his in the past 2 years.

Llorente not good enough for La Furia Roja? Hilarious

You lost all credibility here with that statement.

arqui, interesting comments but I have a few doubts.

1. Your point about Busquets and Alonso is correct but I think that Busquets has matured a lot since then. Perhaps he can now play the lone holding role. As many have pointed out this formation does not bring the best out of Xavi. Del Bosque will very likely stick with it though.

2. Now assuming that the midfield is set in stone what are we left with. Villa is of course a definite which leaves us with only one open spot. While what you have suggested is good, an alternative is to play D.Silva on the opposite wing to Iniesta and have Villa in the center. Also I have said before that I would like to have players like Navas and/or Pedro to run and stretch the defense. The biggest weakness in the lineups both you and I have made is that it will play in front of the defense and will have no one to run behind the defense.


Some greats point Deepak.

I'll explain:

1. Since Barca's tactics are different to VDB's I personally feel Busquets is not ready for a sole holding DM role as while you might disagree and may be correct, my other point and opinion is that Xabi is simply to good to be benched as while Busi may or may not be ready for the sole DM role, their partership which combines distribution and defense is a synergistic effort which is better then what one man can do.

2. I put Villa on the left because he has shown to be world class their as well as while I feel he is better centrally, his position is sacrificed to the left to make way for a proper CF who is solely a central player like Torres or Llorente. Are you saying Silva and Iniesta in the front flank? I mentioned to Khaled that Silva is most effective when he has a the front flank in front of him as while he is great as an inside forward, it would be a waste as others are better in that position along with the fact that his finishing is not to my liking. Same with Iniesta as playing as an inside forward is a waste of such a good player. If you mean in the midfield then I definitely agree. I love Pedro and feel he is very underrated, but would prefer Navas as he is the best true winger in the world imo when on form.

I see you also carry worry on the defensive end which is why I included the Xabi-Busi partnership to anchor the defense and incoming attacks.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12394
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by alexjanosik Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 am

The Franchise wrote:Why wont Puyol retire? He is getting increasingly injury prone and it will extend his career if he stopped.

He has won it all too, whats the motivation at this point?

I have been wondering myself.
Same with Xavi.
Why wont he retire?
I mean,he doesnt give a rats damn about Spain.He has already won it all internationally.So just retire and prolong your Barca career.
Frankly its annoying to have Spain mooch off of Barca's success and then costing us in the end,by losing far too many points after international breaks.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:19 am

Puyol will retire after Euro 2012, its clear.

Xavi? He wants to compete at the highest level. Don't let your bias cloud you Alex, these are Xavi's wishes, he wants to play. He may retire after Euro 2012, but he's said he'd like to play at another WC. Don't be foolish... just because he's pro-Catalan it doesn't mean he doesn't love playing for Spain and playing at big tournaments like the Euro or the WC.

I never get the 'winning it all' argument...its just stupid. If you use that argument to leave things then you lack competitiveness and hunger. If you've won it all, win it all again. Xavi's won it all with Barca? Why doesn't he just leave there too?

Puyol makes sense because of injuries and he won't make the next WC anyway, but Xavi is the sort of player that can be managed correctly and play for years. I saw you said he may retire in 2 years... god forbid, I want him playing till he's 40.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:39 am

I agree with Kizz, I mean how are you meant to justify the comment that Xavi "doesnt give a rats damn about Spain"?

If he's continuing he obviously does and I believe that as such he'd also disapprove of the thought that Spain are "mooching" off of Barcelona's success, as if they both aren't Xavi's team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by The Sanchez Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:38 am

Will Puyol even last to the Euro 12? With that defensive slump of Spain when Ouyol or/and Pique are injuried then thats where you have the Busquests and Alonso pair because of the weakness of the defense.
You can try the Villa-Llorente-Silva combo to see how Llorente goes. For a more attacking option I would have Mata-Torres-Navas combo.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by alexjanosik Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:30 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Puyol will retire after Euro 2012, its clear.

Xavi? He wants to compete at the highest level. Don't let your bias cloud you Alex, these are Xavi's wishes, he wants to play. He may retire after Euro 2012, but he's said he'd like to play at another WC. Don't be foolish... just because he's pro-Catalan it doesn't mean he doesn't love playing for Spain and playing at big tournaments like the Euro or the WC.

I never get the 'winning it all' argument...its just stupid. If you use that argument to leave things then you lack competitiveness and hunger. If you've won it all, win it all again. Xavi's won it all with Barca? Why doesn't he just leave there too?

Puyol makes sense because of injuries and he won't make the next WC anyway, but Xavi is the sort of player that can be managed correctly and play for years. I saw you said he may retire in 2 years... god forbid, I want him playing till he's 40.

I think u misunderstood.
I perfectly realize that he is a terrific competitor and wants to win and prove himself more on the international scene.
What I meant was he doesnt give a rats damn about winning FOR Spain but rather he wants to win WITH Spain.I hope that makes sense.
If he retires from internationals he can easily prolong his career by 2 years.He wouldnt have to play the Euros,would get a well deserved rest.
What that would mean is 2 more years of complete midfield domination for Barca and 2 more years of him running circles around the Stoke midfield.

You have to realize that I am talking purely from a Barca perspective as I dont give a damn about Spain.
Xavi retiring from the NT would mean a stop to Spain winning things.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by alexjanosik Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I agree with Kizz, I mean how are you meant to justify the comment that Xavi "doesnt give a rats damn about Spain"?

If he's continuing he obviously does and I believe that as such he'd also disapprove of the thought that Spain are "mooching" off of Barcelona's success, as if they both aren't Xavi's team.

I would urge to go review the scenes after Spain won the WC.
The one where Puyol and Xavi were walking around with the Catalan flag and the WC trophy.That tells you all you need to know.That he doesnt give a rats damn about Spain.

The second statement,I cant help but laugh.
'as if they both aren't Xavi's team'
He has just one team and that is Barca.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Adit Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 pm

So xavi values Fame more than catalunya so that he was ready to wear a spanish jersey?

Actually that running with catalan flag was nothing more than a consolation drama for catalunya..

If he really gave rats damn about catalunya more than fame,he should have decline the chance to play for spain which he never did..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm

I think he does care about playing for Spain... He's said it before, he's not into politics, he's into football. He plays for Spain and its an honour. If he could play for Catalunya instead, he would, but that doesn't mean he won't fight for the Spanish jersey as well.

In terms of from a Barca perspective... yes, protecting our players would be great Very Happy but I like to see them succeed with Spain as well to be honest, and at the end of the day if it makes them happy to keep playing I won't complain.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 pm

matpol wrote:What would be your 23 man squad for Spain? Here is mine:

GK - Casillas, Reina, Valdes
DF - Alba, Albiol, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Puyol
MF - Alonso, Busquets, Cesc, Iniesta, Martinez, Silva, Cazorla, Xavi
FW - Torres, Mata, Villa, Llorente, Navas, Pedro

That would be my squad. I think this may be the squad del Bosque will pick to Poland and Ukraine. He won't leave Torres out of squad. He may leave out one of forwards and pick one more defender. Negredo will fight for a place in side ahead of one of Navas/Pedro. I would leave him out of squad. Thiago has no chance of making squad for Euro 2012, he will play at Summer Olympics, Euro is too soon for him, he will have bigger shot at making a squad for WC 2014.

There is constant talk about who should be on team, Arquitecto thinks more Basque players, Klaledbarca thinks more Barca like, he doesn't think VDB is exciting enough (I assume this is a minority opinion), but the bottom line is the team is set. There are no surprises.

Unless we have injuries the team consists of Casillas, Reina, Valdes, Ramos, Arbeloa, Pique, Puyol, Albiol, Busquets, Alonso, J. Martinez, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Cazorla, Villa, Silva, Mata, Pedro plus a LB (Alba, Enrique or Monreal) and 3 of (Navas, Torres, Llorente, Negredo and Soldado). Thiago only gets on team with injuries. Besides we need him (& Mata and J. Martinez) on Olympic team.

It's also beginning to look like maybe Enrique and Soldado won't get a look at, although there still are more friendlies to come plus there will be a training camp. These last decisions won't be made until that training camp. As good and fast as Navas is, he is in tough with Negredo for the last forward spot. Unless Pedro remains out. With Torres improving form lately I think he is back in and I agree with Arquitecto that Llorente is the best striker right now.

I'm not exactly sure of rule for Oylmpic play, but if there is a rule you can't play Euro and then Olympics, look for Mata and J. Martinez to be left off this squad.

I think the starting line-up (as of form now) will be
Casillas
Ramos Pique Puyol ?? (can't decide between Arbeloa, Alba or Monreal)
Busquets Alonso
Xavi Iniesta
Silva Llorente Villa

Edit - oops, that's 12. Based on current form, I would drop Villa.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:11 pm

You can not reconcile continuing to play for Spain after you've decided that he has no motivation left and saying that he doesn't care about Spain.

He made his choice to not only play but continue to play. You, if you are his number one fan, should be respecting his wishes.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:50 pm

dostoevsky wrote:You can not reconcile continuing to play for Spain after you've decided that he has no motivation left and saying that he doesn't care about Spain.

He made his choice to not only play but continue to play. You, if you are his number one fan, should be respecting his wishes.

You guys are a way off re Puyol and Xavi.Yes they are catalans but they are also Spanish. The press and I guess some of you like to make a lot out of the catalan separation issue, but the reality is that this futbol team has done more to unite country than anything else and Puyol and Xavi have been a big part of it. Yes they are both coming to the end of their careers but they still are making invaluable contributions. Puyol won't be here for next WC and possibly Xavi so this may well be the last big goal they have.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Le Samourai Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Look no Kneejerk here..........This loss couldn't really mean less to me but some things need to change.

>Del Bosque needs to man up and pick Enrique. He is one of the best left-backs in the world defensively and I would enjoy at least having him in the squad should we have to face a team with a great winger.

>Del Bosque needs to figure his stuff out tactically.If Fabregas is going to play it needs to be central , wether CM, CAM or CF. Pedro/Navas/Mata should be the only ones occupying that space on the right.

>He needs to experiment with the Busquets- Alonso issue. He did some of that today and Alonso looked very good on his own playing deep, but he should do it more.

>Torres - make him earn it. I think that he will be in the Euro squad but you have to at least make him work for it.

Positives-

>I like Ramos-Pique CB partnership.If Puyol isn't able to play at the highest level anymore I'm very comfortable that this partnership should see us through. Puyol looked a tad slow today but that's minor.

>Silva-Iniesta link up play once they get accustomed to each other is going to be sensational.

>Villa looked a bit short on confidence but reminded me exactly why he is there.Moments of magic are what he produces.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Spanish National Team

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum