RealGunner
Mr Nick09
rwo power
donttreadonred
Yeezus
83 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 14 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks Arqi.  Yeah i figured.  Since i'm very passionate and sometimes over-passionate, i tend to get a lot of hate thrown my way.  Happens.  It's ok.

We've had a lot of Basque great with France NT... mostly in rugby, but also quite a few in footy.  Namely Lizerazu just to name one for those of you who wonder.

I hope DD sticks with this starting XI until he's forced to make a change... need some continuity.  We change stuff too much.

@mole. That's ok i would think. He'll sell for more money so... i don't know how that helps, but it's more money Laughing

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 14 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Sports is Griezmann's suspension over? i ask because i read this morning that L'Equipe had him as one of the outside bets for the WC.

Would imagine he wouldn't be listed if he was still suspended for the national team.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 pm

It ends on Dec 31..; and yes, he will definitely get a look. Payet is not playing well and it's not even a difficult decision tbh. Thauvin will start knocking on the door soon too imo...

Remember that France's focus is the 2016 Euro in France. This is viewed as preparation. With Descamps already extended though 2016, i definitely expect him to bring along a few kids to get experience. Since France doesn't need to qualify for the Euro as the host country, there are no other official comps after the WC to test peeps...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Koscielny will most likely get a 2 match ban. The first two games at the WC.

I'd still say it's worth it to take him. He is the best French defender.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Depends on overall health of the squad and if there are players that blow up before the WC.

Will also heavily depend on the draw and if France is in group of death... if the group is crazy, Kos won't go for sure.

Going to come down to Abidal or Kos imo. Not both. DD is preparing for the Euro in France and he's going to take one of Zouma or Mangala to get the feel if one is on form...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:13 am

Ok.... so Kos has already served 1 game of any ban coming down. Given that Rooney had a 3 game ban which was reduced to 2, the expectation is that Kos will get 2 games. Since he's already served 1 game, it means he would only miss 1 WC game.

If this scenario plays out, he would go to the WC for sure...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:14 pm

I think if Diaby gets fit in March and plays for 2 months. He is going as well. Deschamps loves him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:21 pm

No that's done imo... he was asked about Diaby a month ago and said: "Diaby would need to play several months injury free at a high level and where he plays regularly before he's eligible to get called up for the national team." You know how likely that is... it's not.

Deschamps also said today that 20 of the 23+1 alternat players going to WC are clear for him today... I think the he has questions about Varane (health), Payet (form), one midfielder (Rio Mavuba being the last callup) and Grenier (form). The rest are set unless they drop their play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:23 pm

The big issue other than health is that i don't see Diaby playing much even when healthy for Arsenal... He has Ramsey and Arteta ahead of him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Hmm good point.

I am not sure about Payet. He is very much like Govou used to be. Good player but not someone who should be playing in the WC.

If only Lacazette was having a good season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:35 pm

It's between Griezmann and Thauvin to replace Payet for me...  with Griezmann favored right now.  Thauvin is coming on really strong though.  He had benched Payet at OM before A Ayew got hurt; so i don't see why he wouldn't do it on NT lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:15 pm

still 2/3 of season to go
Koscielny can force his way back to XI
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Koscielny's issue is that he has made just massive errors in WCQ. There was the PK that Lloris thankfully saved in the first game with Spain against Pedro... the goal + red card against Ukraine. Those are 2 of the 3 biggest defensive errors by France in the whole campaign (Evra had the other). Now, he does a whole lot of great things too... but he's like Pepe to me: He goes for these do or die plays at some strange times + loses his head on occasion.

That's why DD wants Varane-Sakho to take over, although Sakho has his hot headed issues too... thing Sakho has going is that he doesn't make those mistakes for NT.

We'll see though.

Personally, i think Varane-Kos is the best pairing regardless of Kos' few big mistakes. But as a OM fan, i know how DD thinks... he wants safety first with his defense...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Koscielny-s-en-sort-bien/421774

Kos got only a 1 match ban... and he already served it in the return leg against Ukraine. So he misses none of the WC games.

cheers cheers cheers 
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:22 pm

France gets Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras. Can't ask for more drinking drinking drinking banana banana banana Afro Afro Afro 
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Karim in for golden boot :fishing:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Cabaye going to PSG is a great thing for NT. He's playing with Matuidi and he's learning now... not much he could learn at Newcastle anymore. Pogba, Koscielny, Ribery, Sagna, Griezmann, Benzema, Lacazette, etc are all playing well too. Now that Varane is back... if he can get his form and healthy back, the team will be as good as it can be with the player it has right now for the WC. Not world beaters by any stretch... but good enough to get past pool obviously and talented enough that anything can happen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 pm

GK: Lloris, Mandanda, Ruffier

DF: Debuchy, Digne, Evra, Sagna, Managala, Sakho, Varane, Koscielny

MF: Pogba, Cabaye, Matuidi, Grenier, Mavuba, Sissoko

FW: Benzema, Giroud, Ribery, Griezmann, Payet, Remy, Valbuena

great team .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:14 pm

A few complaints:

- Lacazette instead of Remy or Payet all day long
- Sissoko has no business being there. Too bad Capoue is injured. He's miles better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Evra is the starting LB Laughing good luck with that in World cup.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Pros:

+Griezmann
+Lucas Digne

Cons:

-Evra
-Lacazete>Payet
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Evra has been good with NT over the past year suprisingly... he has Ribery to help him and it works. Much better than Mata or Janu--- at Man U. Between Ribery/Evra, they're able to do well. Matuidi plays on that side too... so the defensive left is really a strong suit tbh. Don't even need Evra to defend Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:25 pm

very curious to see what will do my " cousins" French  :coffee: 

on paper it's a great squad, but France is not a squad from 10 years ...in 2006 it was Zidane-centric and and the transition after Zidane was turbulent ... Blanc brought an incomplete job and now we'll se Deschamps ... he has a squad better than predecessor tbh ( Pogba and Greizmann are golden material to work) but he must minimize errors because it can 'be fatal in a national who is not yet a real Squad. I have in eyes the formation against Ukraine in first leg match , totally busted, it was absurd to leave on bench that Cabaye for example, or insisting on Nasri
We ' ll see
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:21 am

pogba and cabaye were injured/suspended a lot in the past year. As such, DD was forced to play a 4231 as opposed to a 433. He wanted to stay consistent with the 4231 he had been playing in the Ukraine first leg... mistake, but one i can understand.

Very thin in the CM area until a few kids step up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:07 pm

@sportsczy

Is Sakho starter for NT or Verane and Koscielny are the first choice pair?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:@sportsczy

Is Sakho starter for NT or Verane and Koscielny are the first choice pair?
Varane/Koscielny are the starters. Only reason Sakho got called up, per the press conference by DD, was to show gratitude for his performance against Ukraine. Given that he hans't played due to injury and doesn't start for Liverpool, his situation will be precarious very soon... if Abidal gets physically fit and Rami keeps top form, there is going to be a battle. You have Sakho, Mangala, Abidal and Rami fighting for 2 spots.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next