utilizing football formations

5 posters

Go down

utilizing football formations Empty utilizing football formations

Post by Lupi Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:49 pm

if you were to exemplify utilizing a football formation by a team at the present or past teams what teams would you pick for
3-5-2
4-2-3-1
4-3-3
4-4-2
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

utilizing football formations Empty Re: utilizing football formations

Post by Kick Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:51 pm

I have always been a massive fan of the 4-3-3. It can work for most teams and is very well rounded.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:00 am

Kick wrote:I have always been a massive fan of the 4-3-3. It can work for most teams and is very well rounded.

well i think they are all generated from 4-4-2 as if a team lacks and have better central mids they just cut a striker and use 3-5-2 and so on but the question if you were to choose a team that used these formation in the best way possible by their squad available to them. what team you would match for each of them
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 am

Well, IMO you need to look at the players you have at your disposal first and then decide on the formation.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:05 am

4-2-3-1 for me, it seems more balanced than the others. and there are different variations of the 4 4 2 but i don't think any is as balanced as 4 2 3 1
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:20 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, IMO you need to look at the players you have at your disposal first and then decide on the formation.

Old thread but hell why not.

This answer is always a debateable one for me.

I agree with you on one hand. I think you have to take into consideration your best players at least, you have to consider if you best 2-3 players can only play certain roles then you want them to be in those roles.

Then again, how can they be that good if indeed they can only play such a limited role? Could you learn different movements to fit into a different formation?

Also I think, most people have an idea about what style of play they want both offensive and defence..so should you use a formation which highlights this.

For example, if I want my team always to play using the sides high up the pitch then surely I shouldnt play 4312?

I want my team to stretch the opponent back 4 out and not allow them to support each other by standing close together. Should I have to sacrifice defensive certainty by pushing my own fullbacks higher up the pitch?

What about when the opponents fullbacks? What if I want to put them with pressure? Who will pressure them in the 4312? Is this the best formation to do that?

Would you then suggest that I dont do that? I dont pressure the fullbacks and I dont play with width?

For me personally, I have my own general list of things I want my teams to do and to do them the best way they have to play a specific formation, or at the very not play some other specific formations.

After I do that then I want to put the players into positions they can fill the roles.

If there are players dont fit any role, they have to learn them.

Thats my way of thinking.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down