Perucho21
Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
16 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:10 pm

Well Neymar was injured last year for Real Madrid and Messi was a shell of himself.

Also, PSG only had Verratti as a proper midfielder for several years now (a bunch of DMs otherwise).  Now you have Vitinha, Renato Sanches, Fabian Ruiz and Carlos Soler to help him.  Proper midfielders that can handle the ball at their feet.

And let's not downplay at all the fact that Ramos is also healthy after being perma-injured last season... and he's been good.

This PSG team is miles better as well.

My worry for everyone... I bet you all the players on teams that go far in world cup will be complete shit for their clubs when they come back. Mark my words.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:29 am

I was feeling a little confident when Madrid beat Barça and Atlético with relative ease. But seeing how those two got their asses handed to them in the CL, I have started having doubts.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:08 pm

Oh yea of little faith, you doubting Tomas!

Have you not noticed a pattern. When things are secured like 1st in group, Carlo’s team donesn’t get out of 2nd gear.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:28 pm

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I only meant that since Madrid's two biggest league rivals were knocked out very easily and early in the CL, the fact that we were able to beat them as well shouldn't be construed as a sign of strength for us.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Forget liga opponents. Take a look at strongest teams last year; Pool, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG and City.

The first two are obviously degraded. Bayern seem about the same despite loss of Lewa, PSG is better, but I still contend that their are internal issues that will prevent them to living up to the hype and City obviously better with Haaland.

There really isn’t any other contender.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:08 pm

And to Sports’ comment about a shitty return from WC for teams that go far in WC, that will affect PSG more than anyone as it sure looks like most Europeans aren’t looking as strong as normal and likely favorites are Brasil, Argentina and France!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:52 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Forget liga opponents. Take a look at strongest teams last year; Pool, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG and City.

The first two are obviously degraded. Bayern seem about the same despite loss of Lewa, PSG is better, but I still contend that their are internal issues that will prevent them to living up to the hype and City obviously better with Haaland.

There really isn’t any other contender.

Well, comparing teams on paper usually leads to wrong conclusions. I mean, who would've thought last year that Madrid would go on to take down the toughest teams in Europe and win the whole thing?

But if you really want to go down that road, then "on paper" I rate City as the clear favorite this year with the addition of Haaland. PSG, depending on Messi's form, can either be a true contender or an ego-driven clusterfuck.

But like I said, these are just conjectures and reality is a whole different beast.

Also, like I said to Hala yesterday, to me Madrid should have zero pressure this year to win the CL or even reach the latter stages. It is unfair and unrealistic in my opinion to expect the team to deliver the toughest trophy there is every year.

Of course I'm not gonna say 'no' if we have the chance to win it, but I will be content with just the league title this year.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:27 pm

Ok I don’t disagree with you. But I really like the squad and coach this season and am HOPING. IMO City is clear favorite, but I don’t think we are behind any of the others including The other oil state team. That’s why I would like to see us play them.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:51 am

Not sure why PSG is being mentioned considering they'll not be doing anything grand.

In any case, in a 2 legged, no away goals affair, I believe this season, all teams can put each other to the sword as I'm not seeing a clear favourite. With the exception being PSG of course as they'll be doing nothing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:07 pm

Terrible half. Absolutely awful from us. No urgency at all

The team needs a kick up their asses. Vini is usually our go to guy but when he plays like this we are never going to score
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:15 pm

Absolute madness the penalty
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:07 pm

Nice comfortable win. Loved the intensity after the utter drab games they offered in the last few weeks.

Valverde has some insane shots on him Shocked

Ngl Asensio has been great since water bottle gate. Whispers that he might be offered a new contract. If he plays like this he can have it but we all know this is just so that he can get that contract. We need to give him max a 2 year contract so that he has something to play for later

Mendy on the other hand :facepalm: God awful season by him.

Gareth Benzema is back. Great to see! Dissapointed not to see Castilla players today, very Dissapointed!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:04 pm

It’s very much possible that both Asensio and Ceballos will be renewed. As well, it’s better than 50% chance,IMO, both Modric and Kroos will be back for another year. That being the case the only possible departures would be Vallejo, Odriozola, Mariano.We can hope for Hazard, but as Hala said the other day don’t hold your breath.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Rodrygo might eventually become our Benz replacement. He has made huge strides this season in that position. Could still get better but that will come with experience
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:12 pm

If that is the case, the club needs to put him on a protein diet or something. The young man needs a bit more muscle mass to be a proper CF imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:02 pm

Tbf he has added alot of muscle mass this off season. He looks bulkier, doesn't get pushed off the ball as easily as he did last season. Just needs to learn to play with his back to goal. He is nearly there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am

Gareth Benzema pulling yet another sickie Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:45 pm

What an awful game. Chippy, play acting both teams, awful ref and Madrid playing terrible.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:04 pm

Forgettable performance. Modric already in WC mode. Why did he even start. Should have done what Benz is doing and sit on his couch at home.

So Mendy Laughing does anyone still rate this false footballer.

Dani absolutely atrocious. Want to say singlehandedly lost us the game but man apart from Asensio everyone were awful
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:09 pm

What's the chance we do shit vs Cadiz?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:23 pm

Cadiz are bad but we can't lose our intensity in the second half. Need to keep this intensity
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:08 am

So yeah, we would not do worse than brining in Fran as a back up LB tbh as Mendy is making me regret supporting him in front of Hala. Huge ass regrets.

And I really hope Courtois isn't turning into Conetois as that too would suck. Anyway, what seems to be trademark stuff now, Madrid made this match way fucking closer than it should but 3 points is 3 points.

And now, World Cup time!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:52 am

The guys in the worst form this season are our 3 senior guys that gave their kidneys last season to win the CL, Benz, Modric and Tibu. I am just happy we are only 2 points behins because these last 4 weeks have been terrible. Now it's time to recharge our batteries and get back stronger after the WC. Carlo said the finalists of the WC will be able to play in the first LaLiga game back so that's good news.

Kroos has been in wonderful form this season, the only one of our seniors that has kept a very high standard in his performances which could also be because he is rhe only one who won't be going to the WC.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:30 pm

First time I've missed a game since forever. We have a brutal schedule until the next international break. We need to pick up as many points as possible. After taking a 3 months vacation it's time for Benz to show why he won balon d'or. We really need his leadership in attack
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:13 pm

Hopefully both Modric and Kroos retire beautifully at the end of this season.

I really don't want to start despising them.

The game today showed that neither are able to cover the midfield area, pressure as well as before and drive the ball forward.

Play Valverde in the middle, start Camavinga.

Play Rodrydo on the right side of Benzema. His combinations and football sense is so needed.

Modric walked for 60 of the 70 minutes he was on the field. So annoying to see.

Camavinga came on and made mistakes. Mistakes that come from a lack of game time.

Militao is not a right back. Rudiger is not a right back.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:34 pm

Where the hell do I begin...?

Don't care if it's a nothing trophy, you do not concede 3 to this inferior side. Especially considering its farsa of all teams.

Carlo needs to have a long discussion with the team after this game.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next