Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:26 pm

CBarca wrote:Sounds like an absolute nightmare in India. Every country needs to be sending a fuckton of vaccines their way imo

They have a huge population thats why it looks bad. There are smaller countries that are doing way worse per 1m people.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:04 am

That's only if you trust the statistics. I work with a lot of Indians and they all paint a catastrophic failure of what's going on there , most know someone who has passed away from it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:55 pm

Myesyats wrote:
CBarca wrote:Sounds like an absolute nightmare in India. Every country needs to be sending a fuckton of vaccines their way imo

They have a huge population thats why it looks bad. There are smaller countries that are doing way worse per 1m people.

Lots of people in rural areas or the poorest in the city don't even have access to healthcare. They aren't tested at all. Indians have got a different relation to death. They think if someone prematurely dies due to a disease then it was his/her luck/destiny, they care more about the family and how to send off the dead than about the cause because dying of sicknesses is rather common in India. If we assume people who are tested are rather well off for Indian standards and they make somewhat 40% of the population, then due to the healthcare system being overwhelmed many of them aren't tested despite being sick, the real number would be at least double and at most 7-10 times more than officially confirmed and reported.
Calculate in, poor people are plagued by malnutrition and Indian economy being in a crisis due to the Wuhan virus and the previous lockdown then the overwhelmed healthcare system where even oxygen is rarity now -> CFR must be rather high.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCdn5LWrtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X1_ded0aY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28yTEIxJ7YQ
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pm

What you guys think about Johnson&Johnson vaccine?

My parents are contemplating whether to get Johnson mid-may or Pfizer/Moderna end of may. They prefer Pfizer or Moderna.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Nvm after brief contemplation they've confirmed J&J for 12th of may.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:What you guys think about Johnson&Johnson vaccine?

My parents are contemplating whether to get Johnson mid-may or Pfizer/Moderna end of may. They prefer Pfizer or Moderna.

If you are not a woman under 40 in birth control or have a history of blood clots in your family, youre fine . Personally like the "1 and done "aspect
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Thumbs up
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:47 pm

Myesyats wrote:What you guys think about Johnson&Johnson vaccine?

I'm not impressed, seems like one shot Astrazeneca. The efficiancy suggests it might be true at somewhat 70%+ regions, the same Astra does after the first shot. With the second shot, 84% can be achieved with Astra. I also generally don't trust J&J over past issues with their products.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Well, the decision was made. As long as it prevents hospitalization it's fine i suppose.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:43 pm

The Prime Minister doing rallies and saying things like "This is the biggest crowd I've ever seen" as 3000 people die each day :bow:

and the new strain isn't helping, it's attacking the young more vehemently.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:47 pm

You in France, Nish? Hows your family in india?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Myesyats wrote:You in France, Nish? Hows your family in india?

Yes and I was waiting for my new visa so I could travel back after 2 years back to India. I still have a ticket for the 31st of May, no idea what state the country will be in by then.

Immediate family thankfully doing well for now. Friends and their families not so much, almost everyone I know has someone in the ICU and most of my friends are bed ridden.

Its spreading like its airborne. Families of 4 have 2 ICU cases randomly while the other 2 keep testing negative while being in contact for weeks.

Last edited by Nishankly on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Nish wrote:Its spreading like its airborne. Families of 4 have 2 ICU cases randomly while the other 2 keep testing negative while being in contact for weeks.
that's the craziest bit to me.. this virus is like a ninja assassin
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:17 pm

What worries me is that the vaccine has done well in the UK for example but now with this new India strain, everything goes to shit again. No chance this won't spread back to other countries.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:17 pm

I mean , it was always airborne
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 pm

My buddy said his grandma isn't doing great and his family has 3 relatives in the ICU :/
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I mean , it was always airborne

I think you know what I was trying to imply with that line.

@CB it's horrible and I can relate considering even I know has someone in the ICU, my entire Instagram timeline is dead. Stand up comedians are coming together to spread information where people can get oxygen. The entire country is running on social media to help each other right now because the government are a bunch of right wing nationalistic madarchods who just want to win the vote bank even during a pandemic.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 pm

i didnt mean to quote the airborne part of that post, just to be clear
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:47 am

El Gunner wrote:

i didnt mean to quote the airborne part of that post, just to be clear

BC with some prime pedantry :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:36 am

Nishankly wrote:What worries me is that the vaccine has done well in the UK for example but now with this new India strain, everything goes to shit again. No chance this won't spread back to other countries.

I wouldn't be too sure. Maybe, one can get sick but still won't head towards an ICU unit. For that, all vaccines are good enough.
What worries me viruses have got a hard time spreading in warmer climates, usually bacteria take over in those regions like tuberculosis or malaria. Wuhan virus is one motherfucker high end bat virus. It adapts to any situation pretty fast for virus standards. The mutation rate is 4 times slower than flu but the flu itself has got one of the highest mutation rates in existence, quarter of that is still very high. The icing on the cake is Wuhan virus infects lots of animals, there was evidence it can infect rats. If it's true we'll never get rid of it, not even with vaccines. The vaccines would be a head stark to get sick without dying. We might encounter a different strain every season comparable to influenza.
Nishankly wrote:
Its spreading like its airborne. Families of 4 have 2 ICU cases randomly while the other 2 keep testing negative while being in contact for weeks.

There're people with inherent immunity towards the Wuhan virus. My dad might be one of them. In retroperspective, he was in a close contact with a group of elderly indoors who tested positive and got serverly sick more than one time. He didn't even notice a thing but had to go into 14 day qarantine each time. He doesn't catch colds or flu either, his problems are related to his post heart attack issues and asthma.

An interesting read:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200716-the-people-with-hidden-protection-from-covid-19
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 am

CBarca wrote:My buddy said his grandma isn't doing great and his family has 3 relatives in the ICU :/

im really sorry to hear that. also so many indian brazil .. stay strong friends!
but i hope despite vaccines available of various manufacturer hope there is a positive information passed onto people to encourage them to take it.

the vaccine protection outweights side effects. also what about the indian home made covaxin didnt have positive results so far right?
i hope India, brazil gets the number down soon it was very tragic to hear ... like the images was i never been so shaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 am

i was wondering so .... we have atm 4 approved vaccine - pfizer, moderna, astrazeneca, and j&j ... any new developments on other 150 + candidates or did joint nation decided that it is not worth speeding those developments but rather focus on a one good one to be continuously worked onto be modified for new variants ?
anyone knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:28 pm

JespSwe wrote:i was wondering so .... we have atm 4 approved vaccine - pfizer, moderna, astrazeneca, and j&j ... any new developments on other 150 + candidates or did joint nation decided that it is not worth speeding those developments but rather focus on a one good one to be continuously worked onto be modified for new variants ?
anyone knows?

Curevac is on the way. They're the ones who pionered the research for mRNA based vaccines. I don't have information about other countries, the EU ordered 1,8 billion doses of mRNA based vaccines. Astrazeneca and J&J will be phased out (Biontech, Moderna and Curevac will remain).

IMO, Astrazeneca is a very good vaccine which can be produced at little cost and stored long term. I'd produce and distribute as much as possible into all of the world as soon as possible to get over the pandemic but I'm not the one who decides.

On another note:
The percentage of antivaxxers and republicans who refuse to be vaccinated is rather high in the US. You might avoid herd immunity (70%+) by choice and not the availability of the jabs.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:01 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

good Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next