BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
36 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 13 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:09 am

futbol wrote:And now? Now it's all over the news that translators who were supposed to translate her poems into other languages get fired because only black people should be allowed to translate her work. Laughing

Guessing there's more to this story because what you just described is totally illegal.

If it's true I hope the publishing houses get sued and are made to paid punitive damages.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 13 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:34 am

MISSISSIPPI GOVERNOR SIGNS BILL BANNING TRANSGENDER STUDENTS FROM WOMEN'S SPORTS, APPROVING FIRST ANTI-TRANS LAW OF 2021

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/573971422.html

The title should be pro-women not anti-trans.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
futbol wrote:And now? Now it's all over the news that translators who were supposed to translate her poems into other languages get fired because only black people should be allowed to translate her work. Laughing

Guessing there's more to this story because what you just described is totally illegal.

If it's true I hope the publishing houses get sued and are made to paid punitive damages.

There isn't more to it:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/mar/10/not-suitable-catalan-translator-for-amanda-gorman-poem-removed

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Laughing that's insane
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:56 pm

Myesyats wrote:MISSISSIPPI GOVERNOR SIGNS BILL BANNING TRANSGENDER STUDENTS FROM WOMEN'S SPORTS, APPROVING FIRST ANTI-TRANS LAW OF 2021

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/573971422.html

The title should be pro-women not anti-trans.

This would make a lot more sense if Mississippi didn't have so many restrictions on women's reproductive rights.

They aren't the first state to do this. Others have followed. And, predictably, they're all Republican states.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:10 pm

I'm liberal but I agree with this. Trans-women are still biologically men and have an edge on biological women

"The research, published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, found that before starting their hormone treatment trans women performed 31% more push-ups and 15% more sit-ups in one minute on average than a biological women younger than 30 in the air force – and ran 1.5 miles 21% faster.

Yet after suppressing their testosterone for two years – a year longer than IOC guidelines – they were still 12% faster on average than biological females."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/07/study-suggests-ioc-adjustment-period-for-trans-women-may-be-too-short

this is bs

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:15 pm

I haven't made up my mind on how I feel on trans-women in sports. Difficult issue that one
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:58 pm

They should have their own section/category, period. It's basically cheating the system

Anyone can do this and smash all women's records Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm liberal but I agree with this. Trans-women are still biologically men and have an edge on biological women

"The research, published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, found that before starting their hormone treatment trans women performed 31% more push-ups and 15% more sit-ups in one minute on average than a biological women younger than 30 in the air force – and ran 1.5 miles 21% faster.

Yet after suppressing their testosterone for two years – a year longer than IOC guidelines – they were still 12% faster on average than biological females."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/07/study-suggests-ioc-adjustment-period-for-trans-women-may-be-too-short

this is bs

The trans problem in sports is a bit more complicated. The logical solution would be to create a trans division for them to compete among themselves with following problems:
a). The amount of trans people is miniscule even compared to homosexuals. Even less of them would like to compete in sports, you'd never get enough numbers for a division in a high school for example.
b) Because of a) I don't think there'd enough sponsors, supporters or spectators in trans events so they're doomed to be canceled.

On the other hand, women deserve fairness in their competitions, hard work and talent in sports should be rewarded specially during the obesity era of ours.

I'm unsure which one would be the wiser choice. I'd pick women I guess because a whole lot more people are affected.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:18 pm

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a35765776/why-eminem-gen-z-cancelled-tone-deaf-lyrics-explained/

Not sure whether "bad publicity is good publicity" for eminem or a real cancellation attempt.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Aren't tiktok users literally 10 year olds? Why do we have to care about tiktok trends?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 pm

futbol wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

There isn't more to it:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/mar/10/not-suitable-catalan-translator-for-amanda-gorman-poem-removed
In the US that would be a lawsuit. Not familiar enough with Spanish law.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 pm

CBarca wrote:I haven't made up my mind on how I feel on trans-women in sports. Difficult issue that one
it's not that difficult. They have an unfair advantage. Doesn't make them any less of a woman, but the vast majority of women who were born as one could train every day 8 hours a day and never get close to their muscle mass. Recognizing this simple fact should not have a stigma.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:32 pm

Myesyats wrote:They should have their own section/category, period. It's basically cheating the system

Anyone can do this and smash all women's records Laughing

It doesn't affect me at all, so I say GO FOR IT! Cause some chaos, piss off some people. Let the trans women dominate. Don't think, just do! France won the World Cup! cheers
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:11 pm

I think truly pure sports fans do not care about the gender of the athlete. They go to these events to be entertained. To be wowed. They go for the spectacle.  The entertainer's gender doesn't really figure into that equation.

So this "pro-women" stance is rather suspect to me. It seems to me that it's men who have taken up this flag of opposition more than women themselves. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the vibe I get. I see a lot more articles about men opposing this stuff than women. I keep asking myself why men would be threatened by this, when they're not even competing. The answer I keep coming back to is: money
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 pm

There has never been a clearer case. The science is clear on this. It's unfair and it's inequality, the very thing they set out to fight.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:23 am

McLewis wrote:I think truly pure sports fans do not care about the gender of the athlete. They go to these events to be entertained. To be wowed. They go for the spectacle.  The entertainer's gender doesn't really figure into that equation.

So this "pro-women" stance is rather suspect to me. It seems to me that it's men who have taken up this flag of opposition more than women themselves. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the vibe I get. I see a lot more articles about men opposing this stuff than women. I keep asking myself why men would be threatened by this, when they're not even competing. The answer I keep coming back to is: money

I have the opposite impression. Every time I read or hear someone complain about trans-women dominating in sports, it's been female athletes who've complained about it. I actually haven't heard a single man mention it, outside of the odd comment on the internet.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:06 am

Myesyats wrote:There has never been a clearer case. The science is clear on this. It's unfair and it's inequality, the very thing they set out to fight.

Fairness and equality/inequality are social constructs. They are inherently subjective for that reason.

As for science? It's being weaponized, here in the US at least, by people who don't believe in wearing masks and don't believe in climate change. They only trust the "science" when it aligns with their ideological beliefs.

Thimmy wrote:
McLewis wrote:I think truly pure sports fans do not care about the gender of the athlete. They go to these events to be entertained. To be wowed. They go for the spectacle.  The entertainer's gender doesn't really figure into that equation.

I have the opposite impression. Every time I read or hear someone complain about trans-women dominating in sports, it's been female athletes who've complained about it. I actually haven't heard a single man mention it, outside of the odd comment on the internet.

It largely depends on the media we consume, I suspect. Here in the States, It's the right-wing that drive the opposite to trans rights here. And the right-wing are largely led by men though a fair amount of women have had their say as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:39 am

mclewis???? it's unfair, end of story
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:46 am

McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:There has never been a clearer case. The science is clear on this. It's unfair and it's inequality, the very thing they set out to fight.

Fairness and equality/inequality are social constructs. They are inherently subjective for that reason.

As for science? It's being weaponized, here in the US at least, by people who don't believe in wearing masks and don't believe in climate change. They only trust the "science" when it aligns with their ideological beliefs.

Well now don't compare phony science to real science. Besides you don't even need any tests for this because it is so obvious.

And so you would disadvantage the 99% in favor of the 1% in the name of equality? It's just flipping the scales and creating way more inequality than you had when you started. Nonetheless, you can't make laws based on what the 1% wants but on what the 99% or the majority wants.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:47 am

McLewis wrote:
It largely depends on the media we consume, I suspect. Here in the States, It's the right-wing that drive the opposite to trans rights here. And the right-wing are largely led by men though a fair amount of women have had their say as well.

You're right. As I've mentioned before, Norway is one of the most progressive countries in the world, and it's undoubtedly the left-wing that drives the media here. As much as we can all agree that Trump is a flawed human being, I am beyond sick and tired of reading and hearing the anti-Trump propaganda that's been in the media here.

Recently, there's been stuff like this plastered on the front-page of our biggest newspaper.

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 13 Skjerm20
"Far Right's influencers fight for white supremacy"

And then there's an image of Lauren Southern, who, to my knowledge is not far-right or some kind of extremist, but rather moderately conservative. Mainstream media has a heavy influence on us. We just have to think for ourselves and be critical of these news sources.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:54 am

Thimmy wrote:
McLewis wrote:

You're right. As I've mentioned before, Norway is one of the most progressive countries in the world, and it's undoubtedly the left-wing that drives the media here. As much as we can all agree that Trump is a flawed human being, I am beyond sick and tired of reading and hearing the anti-Trump propaganda that's been in the media here.

Recently, there's been stuff like this plastered on the front-page of our biggest newspaper.

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 13 Skjerm20
"Far Right's influencers fight for white supremacy"

And then there's an image of Lauren Southern, who, to my knowledge is not far-right or some kind of extremist, but rather moderately conservative. Mainstream media has a heavy influence on us. We just have to think for ourselves and be critical of these news sources.

Is moderate conservatism going to Europe from Canada, and stopping Carthage and his compatriots from trying to get into Europe? Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/identitarians-get-a-boat

If thats moderate then the lines have really moved these past few years. She sounds pretty fucking right wing in my opinion.....no moderate there.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:12 am

From what I know of her, she's a massive piece of shit. She was in the alt-right movement for a while but then quit politics. The misogyny from her buddies was too much for her.

I don't think there's anything moderately conservative about her, unless she's done some kind of rebranding, as grifters often do.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:22 pm

I'm not a fan of her, nor do I agree with her views, but based on what little I've seen of her political views, she's not a white supremacist. Feel free to talk about how bad she is, though. That was not my point Laughing

You may be right that's she's more than moderate, but I wouldn't call her an extremist or racist, based on what I know about her. Seems about as racist and far-right as Milo Yiannopulous. Make of that what you will.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:45 pm

Thimmy wrote:I'm not a fan of her, nor do I agree with her views, but based on what little I've seen of her political views, she's not a white supremacist. Feel free to talk about how bad she is, though. That was not my point Laughing

You may be right that's she's more than moderate, but I wouldn't call her an extremist or racist, based on what I know about her. Seems about as racist and far-right as Milo Yiannopulous. Make of that what you will.

Shes a Canadian that crossed an ocean to stop North Africans from crossing a Sea to get into Europe. That sounds like a textbook white supremacist to me. Does she have to literally be Breivik to be a far right conservative in Norway?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 pm

don't know her, but if she is a proponent of white supremacy, then she is a piece of shit, no two ways about it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next