BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
36 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 12 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:49 pm

It certainly explains why female anime characters are, in general, so limited in personality. They're largely written by men.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 12 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:41 pm

McLewis wrote:That's the irony of all of this.

They did this to protect Disney's revenues. To protect its extremely powerful (and likely conservative) shareholders. That's capitalism in action, the bastion of freedom that is the bedrock of the conservative ideology. And now, they're throwing a temper tantrum because their own ideology was weaponized against one of their own, likely by one of their own.

The type of irony to savor really.
flashbacks to the 80s and 90s when Disney (and Hollywood in general) froze out gay actors. Republicans weren't crying about cancel culture then.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Laughing sit in the meeting but stay quiet woman

this totally explains Young Kaz views on women and marriage

Im the biggest feminist on here probably. I am VERY feminist even by European standards.

McLewis wrote:It certainly explains why female anime characters are, in general, so limited in personality. They're largely written by men.

Most anime(Not Sazaesan type of shows) is viewed negatively by women there. Go on any Japanese forum that caters to female audiences(pluluo,girlschannel,ect) and find every post about Anime. Women speak, honestly, about rather dating an abuser than someone who is a big follower of the media "おたく".

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:39 pm

You're the biggest feminist same way Trump has the best words and is the least racist person ever? I see he has rubbed off on you these past few years Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 pm

Myesyats wrote:You're the biggest feminist same way Trump has the best words and is the least racist person ever? I see he has rubbed off on you these past few years Laughing

What have I said that isnt feminist?

I said a woman of any merit wont lay up with a man for years without the expectation of marriage and I was right.

A woman would be a fool to waste her prime on a guy who wont commit. This is a feministic statement.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:53 am

What you write is more a description of the current state of things. The goal is to improve from that. Feminism aims to emancipate women outside of the mold given by men.

Instead i would remove marital status having any relevance in the way a person is considered by the state institutions. Only parental status should matter. Cut some slack on the financial burden of all individuals. Obviously it needs a law of equal salary and access to education before considering that. Not speaking of a country in particular but all over the world.

My own perception of feminism is the same as every thing related to social justice. I agree with the principle behind, it's also the way i act, but i feel being taken for a fool when it comes to the solutions proposed in the western world. Mostly quotas and woke marketing statements by multinationals who don't truly give 2 shits Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 am

Myesyats wrote:You're the biggest feminist same way Trump has the best words and is the least racist person ever? I see he has rubbed off on you these past few years Laughing
It's amazing isn't it Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Im the biggest feminist on here probably. I am VERY feminist even by European standards.
Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 12 Tenor
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:18 am

Warrior wrote:What you write is more a description of the current state of things. The goal is to improve from that. Feminism aims to emancipate women outside of the mold given by men.

Instead i would remove marital status having any relevance in the way a person is considered by the state institutions. Only parental status should matter. Cut some slack on the financial burden of all individuals. Obviously it needs a law of equal salary and access to education before considering that. Not speaking of a country in particular but all over the world.

My own perception of feminism is the same as every thing related to social justice. I agree with the principle behind, it's also the way i act, but i feel being taken for a fool when it comes to the solutions proposed in the western world. Mostly quotas and woke marketing statements by multinationals who don't truly give 2 shits Laughing

I get the short end of stick of most quotas, but I think they have a place in the world in creating equality. Corporations for sure dont care, but they are able to give resources to people who do.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:Im the biggest feminist on here probably. I am VERY feminist even by European standards.
Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 12 Tenor

im cryin
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Meet new gender terminology, the super straight:
Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 12 Super_10
https://www.distractify.com/p/super-straight-movement-tiktok
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:56 pm

So if you're not attracted to trans people you're a bigot? hmm tough sell
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:31 pm

People invent new terms all the time because they cannot assume the tags associated to their beliefs

We should point out the absurdity of those tags not adapt to them through our language

Never i would date a trans woman, a trans man or a real man. Just the thought of it makes my penis shrink inside. If that makes me transphobic or even homophobic in the twittosphere woke geek consensus then so be it Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Warrior wrote:People invent new terms all the time because they cannot assume the tags associated to their beliefs

We should point out the absurdity of those tags not adapt to them through our language

Never i would date a trans woman, a trans man or a real man. Just the thought of it makes my penis shrink inside. If that makes me transphobic or even homophobic in the twittosphere woke geek consensus then so be it Laughing

I think men aren't the victims but mostly the so called "super lesbians". The subgroup of the trans community attacked the wrong group this time around that's why the backlash came from the males as well. Most of the time, super lesbians aren't attracted to male to female transgenders, bigots in their eyes.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:38 pm

The trans-women I have seen look, behave and sound more like a man than a woman and also have longer been a man than woman during their lifetime. Add to that not being able to bear children and I'd conclude that a trans-woman, %-wise, is about 20% actually a woman.

Depends on how you calculate that. Does simply identifying as a woman make you 100% a woman? No. Well then what's the equation.

Let math do the talking
sounds like a woman - 20%
looks like a woman - 20%
behaves like a woman - 20%
can have kids/biologically equipped - 20%
identifies as a woman - 20%

There are some 40%s and even 60%s but rarely I'd assume. Otherwise you're dating a man so you're gay and obviously #nohomo and #oleout.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:38 pm

Myesyats wrote:The trans-women I have seen look, behave and sound more like a man than a woman and also have longer been a man than woman during their lifetime. Add to that not being able to bear children and I'd conclude that a trans-woman, %-wise, is about 20% actually a woman.

Depends on how you calculate that. Does simply identifying as a woman make you 100% a woman? No. Well then what's the equation.

Let math do the talking
sounds like a woman - 20%
looks like a woman - 20%
behaves like a woman - 20%
can have kids/biologically equipped - 20%
identifies as a woman - 20%

There are some 40%s and even 60%s but rarely I'd assume. Otherwise you're dating a man so you're gay and obviously #nohomo and #oleout.

Some of them look more feminin than your average woman:

What's true though, most of the unreasonable demands come from the ugly ones. There're very reasonable 3rd wave feminists who don't look like an ugly, fat lefty chick looking for attention but they aren't loud enough to be noticed Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Sounds like you're describing 2nd wave feminists. Just because they're part of this generation of feminists, don't necessarily mean that they have the same approach to furthering their cause. Personally, I think 2nd wave feminists are largely agreeable because they've stuck to the original goal of ensuring gender equality. 3rd wave feminism often goes beyond that.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Life must be exhausting constantly feeling so victimized. I say that for those who are constantly on edge about political correctness as much as I do those who are the most extreme in PC circles.

I have very liberal circles, I am (although I don't post) a part of the "twittersphere" that Warrior refers to. I have never heard of this.

Man I don't like these ultra-left ultra-identity politics people either, but the way you come at these threads, book in hand with the most recent underground tik tok development ready to flame a bunch of idiots who don't deserve a moment of attention, it doesn't make you look any better than the "ugly, fat lefty chick looking for attention".

Just the way I see things though. To be specific, I'm talking about Babun
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:30 pm

CBarca wrote:Life must be exhausting constantly feeling so victimized. I say that for those who are constantly on edge about political correctness as much as I do those who are the most extreme in PC circles.

I have very liberal circles, I am (although I don't post) a part of the "twittersphere" that Warrior refers to. I have never heard of this.

Man I don't like these ultra-left ultra-identity politics people either, but the way you come at these threads, book in hand with the most recent underground tik tok development ready to flame a bunch of idiots who don't deserve a moment of attention, it doesn't make you look any better than the "ugly, fat lefty chick looking for attention".

Well, there's a problem with certain circles, they can't take any satire or critic, endulge themselves in circlejerks and when confronted with discussion about an opinion or an event ressort to attacking the person rather than to talking about the matter. I mean stuck up people like you, CBarca.
No one forces you to visit or to post into a PC thread. You trying to PC cancel in a PC thread is quite ironic Laughing
And nope, I don't look into the dark side of internet hours long, I just stumbled upon the issue while browsing "knowyourmeme" after work to have some fun.
I mean whole internet freaking out about an innocent joke of a 16 old is funny and cringe worthy as hell.
If you want to ride your idiology of a moral apostle as a pretence keep visiting websites, threads and news platforms which confirm your opinion in that manner:
only for over 18:
Also symbolic for the left right division in the US
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:41 pm

This culture war is completely fueled by media workers who want to sell a positive image but completey overdo it to a degree that people are repelled.

Take that black girl who read a poem during Biden's inauguration. Cool, one of many acts on the day. No normal person would even remember that, just like all the other random acts that no one cared about on the day.

But holy shit, the media suddenly reported as if Goethe himself came out of his grave and shoved it down everyone's throat. She got all sorts of bookings (modeling), books sold out etc. Hyped like a God just because she happens to be a black woman who read a poem infront of TV. Laughing

And now? Now it's all over the news that translators who were supposed to translate her poems into other languages get fired because only black people should be allowed to translate her work. Laughing

It's almost as if they want to create this sort of division out of nothing.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:10 pm

CBarca wrote:Life must be exhausting constantly feeling so victimized. I say that for those who are constantly on edge about political correctness as much as I do those who are the most extreme in PC circles.

I don’t use tik tok and I’ve been seeing that picture everywhere

I don’t get you CBarca. You come across with good and interesting points, then pick fights and argue with people even when you agree with them, as well as insult them sometimes. My dude, I would appreciate it if you would use your knowledge for debating because it’s very disappointing when I see someone smart resort to dumb shit like name calling and disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Cancel culture is a cancer. We need freedom of speech without being insulted for it. We need people to start respectfully debating each other. The USA is turning into something it’s not and letting the looney extremists dividing us. And those extremists are succeeding. We are at the dawn of a technological revolution, where we can all truly learn and grow everyday, and all people can do is talk about someone said this and is a misogynist blah blah or he/she is an awful person let’s try them in the court of opinion.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Warrior wrote:People invent new terms all the time because they cannot assume the tags associated to their beliefs

And now when trans people are actually discriminated against nobody will bat an eye because the term transphobia has completely lost its weight. Its their own fault

YT comments are now fully convinced these people need medication

There is virtually no end to this because a new sexuality can be easily invented every week till the end of time
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:48 pm

Holy shit, nobody is trying to cancel you clowns. He's just calling you out on your bullshit. Quit being such snowflakes.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Cancel culture is the worst combination of two words ever.

Never used right and dumb as hell to read
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:28 pm

I didn't insult anyone. I just used Babun's own judgemental words back at him lol

futbol wrote:This culture war is completely fueled by media workers who want to sell a positive image but completey overdo it to a degree that people are repelled.

Take that black girl who read a poem during Biden's inauguration. Cool, one of many acts on the day. No normal person would even remember that, just like all the other random acts that no one cared about on the day.

But holy shit, the media suddenly reported as if Goethe himself came out of his grave and shoved it down everyone's throat. She got all sorts of bookings (modeling), books sold out etc. Hyped like a God just because she happens to be a black woman who read a poem infront of TV. Laughing

And now? Now it's all over the news that translators who were supposed to translate her poems into other languages get fired because only black people should be allowed to translate her work. Laughing

It's almost as if they want to create this sort of division out of nothing.

This is my whole point from earlier. This is a take that's relatively balanced and in good faith and worthy of discussion in terms of PC culture. Instead what we often get here is some extremely localized, extremely hyperbolized mockery of PC culture Babun stumbles on here and there.

Nobody here actually thinks the way most of the things Babun posts seem to espouse because they're insanely fringe. It's as if I flooded the "racism" thread with white supremacist ku lux klan shit. Nobody agrees with that. But we *might* disagree on "Abolish the Police".
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:09 am

futbol wrote:And now? Now it's all over the news that translators who were supposed to translate her poems into other languages get fired because only black people should be allowed to translate her work. Laughing

Guessing there's more to this story because what you just described is totally illegal.

If it's true I hope the publishing houses get sued and are made to paid punitive damages.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next