BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
36 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 14 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 pm

don't know her, but if she is a proponent of white supremacy, then she is a piece of shit, no two ways about it.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 14 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:37 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I'm not a fan of her, nor do I agree with her views, but based on what little I've seen of her political views, she's not a white supremacist. Feel free to talk about how bad she is, though. That was not my point Laughing

You may be right that's she's more than moderate, but I wouldn't call her an extremist or racist, based on what I know about her. Seems about as racist and far-right as Milo Yiannopulous. Make of that what you will.

Shes a Canadian that crossed an ocean to stop North Africans from crossing a Sea to get into Europe. That sounds like a textbook white supremacist to me. Does she have to literally be Breivik to be a far right conservative in Norway?

I'm sure you could could argue that Milo is a white supremacist as well. That doesn't mean that I'll take your word for it. I'm not inclined to agree, or even like any of these right-wingers or alt-righters, but that doesn't mean that I'll buy into the hysterical, redundant accusations that are thrown at them by the people who champion the opposite side of the political spectrum.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm

El Gunner wrote:don't know her, but if she is a proponent of white supremacy, then she is a piece of shit, no two ways about it.

If you for whatever reason want to confirm whether or not she is a white supremacist, I suggest you do your own research. Don't listen to me, Kaz, or any mainstream media that has a certain angle.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:46 pm

^point taken, however i couldn't really care about some random white girl who has no effect on me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:57 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I'm not a fan of her, nor do I agree with her views, but based on what little I've seen of her political views, she's not a white supremacist. Feel free to talk about how bad she is, though. That was not my point Laughing

You may be right that's she's more than moderate, but I wouldn't call her an extremist or racist, based on what I know about her. Seems about as racist and far-right as Milo Yiannopulous. Make of that what you will.

Shes a Canadian that crossed an ocean to stop North Africans from crossing a Sea to get into Europe. That sounds like a textbook white supremacist to me. Does she have to literally be Breivik to be a far right conservative in Norway?

I'm sure you could could argue that Milo is a white supremacist as well. That doesn't mean that I'll take your word for it. I'm not inclined to agree, or even like any of these right-wingers or alt-righters, but that doesn't mean that I'll buy into the hysterical, redundant accusations that are thrown at them by the people who champion the opposite side of the political spectrum.

Its not really hysterical though is it? What is a person, from one continent, who crosses an ocean to another continent to tell other people from a third continent they cannot come to that continent? Unless she feels she has a birthright to it that people from other continents dont have.....a certain white supremacist feeling.

Milo Yiannopoulis doesnt even exist as an entity anymore. I figured he was a racist when he called Leslie Jones illiterate when she is noted as being a very smart writer for shows like SNL, but it didnt even have to last as long as hes a sick man. He set the cause of homosexuals back at least a decade in this country though with his endorsement of pedophilia.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:^point taken, however i couldn't really care about some random white girl who has no effect on me

Exactly my thought. I only posted the screenshot as an example of how left-wing skewed the political agenda of the media here is. Everyone and everything that's even a smidget closer to the right than the left is made out to be much worse than whatever it may actually be. Kaz may argue that she's super far right, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I see that kind of propaganda here often, and that article was just the daily example of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:07 pm

I think you're giving him too much credit, if you think his comment on the Joe Rogan Show had that much influence on the general public. All it did was result in the end of his, at the time, booming career in the media's spotlight.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:21 pm

Thimmy wrote:I think you're giving him too much credit, if you think his comment on the Joe Rogan Show had that much influence on the general public. All it did was result in the end of his, at the time, booming career in the media's spotlight.

I had more than one person come up to me saying "I told you the *bleep* were sick" and quoted him. Maybe its cause I live in the south, but he was definitely a favorite down her to prove a "Point".

I actually think he worked to a point. He was the homo the conservatives could drag out to prove they are not homophobic. You only have a shelf life for so long if you are not in the circle. Stacey Dash has learned that recently too.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:32 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Shes a Canadian that crossed an ocean to stop North Africans from crossing a Sea to get into Europe.
Thats kind of epic though. Viking type shit, gotta respect the hustle 4 real, they fundraised a boat just to get across to europe and shoot at migrants I mean is there a better way to spend your free time???? It's less boring than driving back to your folks in Manitoba that's for damn sure
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Agreed this is why China will be king while America is pre occupied with trans toilets:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:Shes a Canadian that crossed an ocean to stop North Africans from crossing a Sea to get into Europe.
Thats kind of epic though. Viking type shit, gotta respect the hustle 4 real, they fundraised a boat just to get across to europe and shoot at migrants I mean is there a better way to spend your free time???? It's less boring than driving back to your folks in Manitoba that's for damn sure

I mean, I am sure it was a good time, but you have to look at it objectively.

Someone who goes to another continent to stop Africans from getting in, at the very least, has white supremacist leanings. Thats pretty far right. I mean, I couldnt imagine a moderate conservative like Mitt Romney doing that.

I can't imagine how terrible that had to be to the poor migrants trying to get into Europe. You probably spend all your money, take all your belongings on a boat to escape some of the most horrific things on earth(Terror,Poverty,Carthage...ect) and you come across people trying to turn you around, and all spearheaded by some ugly dog-faced woman who isnt even from Europe. Its enough to radicalize a reasonable man.

Thing is shes living on ANOTHER continent in Australia now Laughing Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:01 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Someone who goes to another continent to stop Africans from getting in, at the very least, has white supremacist leanings.

Yeah that i agree with 100% lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:06 am

El Gunner wrote:mclewis???? it's unfair, end of story

Your opinion and it's a subjective one. That's all I'm saying.

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:There has never been a clearer case. The science is clear on this. It's unfair and it's inequality, the very thing they set out to fight.

Fairness and equality/inequality are social constructs. They are inherently subjective for that reason.

As for science? It's being weaponized, here in the US at least, by people who don't believe in wearing masks and don't believe in climate change. They only trust the "science" when it aligns with their ideological beliefs.

Well now don't compare phony science to real science. Besides you don't even need any tests for this because it is so obvious.

And so you would disadvantage the 99% in favor of the 1% in the name of equality? It's just flipping the scales and creating way more inequality than you had when you started. Nonetheless, you can't make laws based on what the 1% wants but on what the 99% or the majority wants.

I'm American, we're all about that minority rule.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
CBarca wrote:I haven't made up my mind on how I feel on trans-women in sports. Difficult issue that one
it's not that difficult. They have an unfair advantage. Doesn't make them any less of a woman, but the vast majority of women who were born as one could train every day 8 hours a day and never get close to their muscle mass. Recognizing this simple fact should not have a stigma.

To be sure, I think in competitive sports at a level above high school it's a pretty easy matter and I follow your logic as my interpretation in those matters.

Youth/high school though? Although trans are a small % of the population, a small % of some odd 360 million is still a lot of students who have the choice of either competing in a sport with the gender they don't identify with OR don't compete at all. Which I don't think is something that's easy to brush off, and in terms of teaching/preaching acceptance to the young and impressionable future leaders of tomorrow, I think it's a valid concern.

At the same time, although the high school/youth level is very, very amateur...a lot of people *do* take it seriously, and there *are* consequences in terms of scholarships, and being trans can give you an advantage. With that being said, the talent and athletic ability varies WILDLY at that level, the idea of trans students having a superior athletic ability is a real concern but also somewhat laughable to me based on how some students can barely walk while others are next level athletes.

Edit: For context, I work at a highly majority white, rural WI district right now in high school. This community is definitely at least *mildly* hostile to the idea of transgenderism (the students a little less so, but they take cues from parents). It's possible my own sensitivities are biasing me here, but I have a little less ability to brush it off and think it's cut and dry.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:32 pm

McLewis wrote:I'm American, we're all about that minority rule.

I know you don't like Maher but surely some of the things he says you must agree with. Shouldnt America care more about research & innovation instead of Dr Seuss or Mr Potato. A new thing every week and a dozen articles for each one. Who cares about decades old books. This purity is annoying

Bubble wrapping is not going to solve any issues either
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:29 am

Armie Hammer: US actor accused of rape

The woman didn't even come forward under her real name!!! and it's enough to ruin his life and career. This is pissing me off

These women go after famous men on purpose because they yield so much power now. Armie is not that type of guy for sure, theres no evidence, the woman is protected by a nickname and in the articles they're saying like he's already been proven guilty. Mad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:19 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/18/media/alexi-mccammond-teen-vogue-out/index.html

Fired for tweets written 10 years ago in her teens (17). She's been an exceptional journalist.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:Armie Hammer: US actor accused of rape

The woman didn't even come forward under her real name!!! and it's enough to ruin his life and career. This is pissing me off

These women go after famous men on purpose because they yield so much power now. Armie is not that type of guy for sure, theres no evidence, the woman is protected by a nickname and in the articles they're saying like he's already been proven guilty. Mad

Considering how many people have fucked up stories about Armie Hammer, I don't know how you can claim "he's not that type of guy".

He's a rich trust fund asshole who has been proven to be a total creep to women (yes, proven). And that's the best case scenario regarding him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:I'm American, we're all about that minority rule.

I know you don't like Maher but surely some of the things he says you must agree with. Shouldnt America care more about research & innovation instead of Dr Seuss or Mr Potato. A new thing every week and a dozen articles for each one. Who cares about decades old books. This purity is annoying

Bubble wrapping is not going to solve any issues either

I'll say this: Like many other Americans, I grew up on Dr. Seuss' books. Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham are some of the first 2 books I remember reading on my own. I never even heard of these 6 books with the racist undertones, yet just as we develop favorable opinions of historical figures long after they've lived and died when new information about them surfaces now, the opposite is true as well. That is allowed.

I thought Henry Ford was a cool dude until I found out he was vehemently anti-semetic and a Nazi sympathizer. That changed my opinion of him significantly, despite his contributions to the automotive industry, which I work in. He was a brilliant guy who happened to also hate a very specific set of people. Sounds like Dr. Seuss was in that boat. Both things can definitely be true. Pointing that out is not "purity" testing.

As for Mr. Potato head, I support the changes and that's really all there is to it. I don't really care about the opposition to it.

As for Maher, he's a shit-stirrer. Always has been and always will be. He's like a liberal Ann Coulter. I don't disagree with him, but we Americans and walk and chew gum at the same time. We've always done it and we're doing it now. The stuff he's lamenting isn't getting done because we're too caught up in the culture wars.....is still getting done. Just because the media doesn't shine a light on it doesn't mean it's not happening. I don't buy into that bullshit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Babun wrote:https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/18/media/alexi-mccammond-teen-vogue-out/index.html

Fired for tweets written 10 years ago in her teens (17). She's been an exceptional journalist.

cancel culture is ruthless, hey.
What ever happened to forgiveness?
it seems like once you say or do something silly/socially offensive, you'll forever be seen in that light by society these days.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Freeza wrote:

Considering how many people have fucked up stories about Armie Hammer, I don't know how you can claim "he's not that type of guy".

He's a rich trust fund asshole who has been proven to be a total creep to women (yes, proven). And that's the best case scenario regarding him.

His family is old money rich and he has allegations of even cannibalism. This one is really not hard to believe. And why shouldn't the woman use an alias for her safety or privacy?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Babun wrote:https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/18/media/alexi-mccammond-teen-vogue-out/index.html

it seems like once you say or do something silly/socially offensive, you'll forever be seen in that light by society these days.

Yep, making mistakes and learning from them is part of being human. Interesting point, Asians and LGBT+ booted her out even though she's Afromerican and was a Teen Vogue prodigy representing minority groups in a place where diversity wasn't a thing.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:31 pm

M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:

His family is old money rich and he has allegations of even cannibalism. This one is really not hard to believe. And why shouldn't the woman use an alias for her safety or privacy?

Nothing is proven as of yet (trial hasnt even begun yet) and he's already been dropped by 2 projects, his agency and his publicist.

Screenshots of his alleged DMs arent proven to be real and you know how easy it is to manipulate that. Shouldnt be hard to verify these DMs if they're actually real? But they have not done that yet
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:19 am

Myesyats wrote:
M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Nothing is proven as of yet (trial hasnt even begun yet) and he's already been dropped by 2 projects, his agency and his publicist.

Screenshots of his alleged DMs arent proven to be real and you know how easy it is to manipulate that. Shouldnt be hard to verify these DMs if they're actually real? But they have not done that yet

He has not been dropped due to this. He has multiple allegations of abuse from multiple women which came out to the media a few months ago.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Her employer protected themselves (by protecting their profits) by forcing her out internally after sponsors were already threatening to withdraw. She appears to be a victim of capitalism as much as cancel culture tbh.

This is perhaps the most acute form of it that I've witnessed given she was given no chance internally to address these tweets from her youth. They just steamrolled her right on out the company. This was not regular folks on twitter calling for her cancellation, it happened entirely within Teen Vogue. That's an important detail that I think gets lost amid the outrage of her being cancelled.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:15 pm

Yeah this is more of a teen vogue issue. With that being said, I think unless it's truly horrific, and I mean truly horrific...I feel that anything people say when they're under 18 should be off limits.

Was I old enough to know better? Yeah. Should people who are 16/17/18 know better? Yes in terms of posting it online. And they should know better of racism too BUT so many kids are products of their environment, their parents, and they really don't know better. They're still learning about racism, sexism, etc.

It's still cool to be "edgy", you've got tons of social pressure to act in certain ways, so on and so forth.

As long as you apologize and try to do better, that's the important thing. I said so much ignorant shit when I was young because that's what everyone did. You threw around the word "*bleep*" like it was nothing. Hell, people it was somewhat mainstream in comedy/edgier comedy. That's among many other things.

I'm a different person now. Mind, I never posted any of that shit online, but I had a disdain for social media then that I still have now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next