M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Sri Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:55 pm

Babun wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Babun wrote:

General racism:
My Ethiopean friend has gotten his PHD in microbiology and is working over here in Hamburg. My Indian friend finished his master in production management and ist working at Airbus. I'd say racism is prevalent here but as far as I can see an African or Indian can find work and live here without much prejudices.

This is highly untrue atleast for the Indian perspective, just because you see 1 Indian dude in a company doesn't mean all Indians can find work easily. Majority of Indians in Europe either own shops based on 2nd gen unskilled labor/family Immigration in the 1990s or 2% of them find jobs with an actual Corporate Employer if they ever get a chance for an interview.

I have major reasons to go all out here as an Indian who has worked in Europe looking for entry level jobs in Corporate HQs and is still looking for a job as I graduate in France, but your post is nothing more than a butter layer on a shit sandwich.

Racism is more prevalent in France. There are 3rd generation arabs or "beurettes" as they say with perfect degrees who don'teven get a look at their CVs. I know more than one Indian from TUHH (technical university Hamburg Harburg). They didn't have a problem finding a job over here if they managed to speak German to an acceptable degree. So again, local racism is very different. And there are places with more racism than in USA in Europe like I said in the previous post.

I am Indian origin, now naturalized German, having studied/lived/worked here for over a decade. NOBODY I know in my university/career network has been subjected to racism/discrimination in this time, or been shut off *because* they are brown. The closest brush has been instances of people assuming/asking (rather politely) if I am in IT because Indians are good at it (stereotype).

I know people who have claimed to be discriminated, but mostly because it was an easy call out. Anecdotally, a friend swore she had been subjected to racism by a series of landlord evicting her for "Indian cooking with too much oils and spices". I visited her once and decided I wouldn't eat a morsel from that kitchen anyway.

Having traveled extensively across Europe: I think it is much better in Germany than in France, or some other more "conservative" regions (not countries per se).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Sri Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Also, Germany is broad: I feel "safer" in NRW/BW/Bayern/Berlin where I have spent most of my time, than some (marginalized/left-behind) neighborhoods in erstwhile East Germany.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:58 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Babun wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Better this world than the world you live in. You know where racism "Isnt a problem Germany" and when pointing out an actual football club in your country refused service to Japanese people out of fear of Corona(despite the fact that Germany has ALWAYS had more cases and deaths from COVID19) was seen as just another opportunity to try to deflect and point towards racism in Japan?

Your brand of Normal is over I'd wager.

Let's differentiate, something you haven't done for long. There is general racism as intolerance towards other races other than the own one and specific racism like Afroamericans in the USA or whites in South Africa which are historically driven.

General racism:
My Ethiopean friend has gotten his PHD in microbiology and is working over here in Hamburg. My Indian friend finished his master in production management and ist working at Airbus. I'd say racism is prevalent here but as far as I can see an African or Indian can find work and live here without much prejudices.
Meet USA, everything is possible except Afroamericans and Latinos face real racism everywere.
Meet Japan, you won't find work as a Gajin and never as a dark skinned person in agood position. Most people will never look at you as equal unless you are Japanese yourself. Even if you are half Japanese, you'll be discriminated against like no tomorrow. Tolerance for other cultures is almost zero, prejudices 100%. Economically, Japan is a 1st world country, culturally still in middle ages. By the way, China is much more advanced in that aspect. They heavily cooperate with other countries locally and culturally. Still, they're openly racist against dark skinned people. In South Korea, dark skin is considered subhuman, they buy and try every kind of cosmetics to look brighter. The foreigner situation is better than in Japan but by not that much. Most of the politeness is superficial.
Meet Africa, it isn't country but a subcontinent just like India. South Africans kill or discriminate openly other Africans from poorer African Countries who migrate there. One of the most atrocious acts found place some months ago in Africa.

So choose your battles wisely, either stay with the topic of local racism in the USA or tackle the general racism in the world. There, you'd find the problem is much more prevalent in East Asia and some rundown European countries than in the US.

This is a lie. There are "Gaijins" both light skin and dark skin working in many companies all around Japan. In fact the team I am a lead on consists of a Nigerian and a Lebanese and they both live in Tokyo.

In fact, you will be treated much better in Tokyo than a person from Tokyo is treated in your country. There wasnt any German shops attacked because of Corona in Japan unlike Japanese shops being attacked for Corona in Germany.

Also again, like a kid doing something wrong and saying others kids do it also, this does not change the fact. You bringing up Asia when your country is called out for being racist does not change the fact that your country is racist.

One need only look at the social media of Naomi Osaka when she lost at the US open to the social media accounts of dark skinned Germans when they lose and its night and day. She gets nothing but love from Japanese people. They get called every kind of affe and other derogatory terms when they lose. You cant say anything about how Japan treats people right now man.

You're the one who is going on about whataboutism (two wrongs don't make it right) because you put everything together without differentiating:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
Racism in the USA is very different from the one in Germany or France or Japan. Ironically, you were the one to call out but look Germany does the same Very Happy
The treatment of the Germans in Japan is a form of a discrimination, too, it's called positive discrimination, same in the middle east. It's nothing to be proud of if you can think any further or know the background story Very Happy

Point is everyone should be treated the way they are. If you're an asshole, I don't care about your skin colour, race, hair, small dick etc. You're still an asshole and will be treated like one. If you're good guy you should be treated like one. You might have your personal preferences which is your right (I like brunette chicks with real butts, tits are a bonus) but in front of the law everyone should be equal. That's not the case in the USA as of now.
Sri wrote:Also, Germany is broad: I feel "safer" in NRW/BW/Bayern/Berlin where I have spent most of my time, than some (marginalized/left-behind) neighborhoods in erstwhile East Germany.

East Germany is suffering economically, sadly, the left and far right rats recruit lots of followers there.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Babun wrote:
Point is everyone should be treated the way they are. If you're an asshole, I don't care about your skin colour, race, hair, small dick etc. You're still an asshole and will be treated like one. If you're good guy you should be treated like one. You might have your personal preferences which is your right (I like brunette chicks with real butts, tits are a bonus) but in front of the law everyone should be equal. That's not the case in the USA as of now.

Nail on the head imho

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:53 am

Leave it to kaz to derail a thread and make it about race and the size of his penis
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:52 am

Did Babun just say racism against African Americans in the States and racism against Whites in South Africa is the same thing???????
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:00 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Leave it to kaz to derail a thread and make it about race and the size of his penis
Is Kaz the same person as Betty La Fea?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:18 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Leave it to kaz to derail a thread and make it about race and the size of his penis

Nobody has mentioned penis in this thread.

And of course a thread about police violence in America includes topics about Racism. You live in the south....how is this new to you?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:36 am

El Gunner wrote:Did Babun just say racism against African Americans in the States and racism against Whites in South Africa is the same thing???????

Nope, I just mentioned they are historically motivated and specific to the location. Keep clutching at straws.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:47 am

danyjr wrote:
Is Kaz the same person as Betty La Fea?

Yes
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Babun wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Did Babun just say racism against African Americans in the States and racism against Whites in South Africa is the same thing???????

Nope, I just mentioned they are historically motivated and specific to the location. Keep clutching at straws.
I was just skim reading through this page's posts, so forgive me if i misread the context.

Still "racism" against Whites in SA is a very nuanced subject and probably only warrants discussion if you're in the land amongst the people yourself knowing exactly what's going on.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:27 pm

is there a forum rule against provocation? Just the same way Trump should be tossed out of office for his rhetoric and provocation, there are at least two in this forum that should lead to a discussion about bans by the admins!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:51 am

Y'all focusing way too much on anecdotal evidence for talks of something as large and systemic as racism.

It's the "I have a black friend" of intellectual discussion on racism. Quite literally.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:51 am

CBarca wrote:Y'all focusing way too much on anecdotal evidence for talks of something as large and systemic as racism.

It's the "I have a black friend" of intellectual discussion on racism. Quite literally.

hmm hmm hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tR6mKcBbT4
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:54 am

Y'all focusing too much on race because there is only race - the human race
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:42 pm

M99 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tR6mKcBbT4

Very powerful. Only Dave has the type of insight seen in settings like that. Loved it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:15 pm

Apparently it’s slightly old where he sued and won.

Crazy bitch lmao
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:26 pm

And it continues....

Rayshard Brooks is the victim's name.

He was sleeping off bender in his car at a parking lot when cops approached him and gave him a DUI test. He failed the sobriety test and the cops went to arrest him. He resisted, was able to get a taser off one of the cops and then ran away from them. They shot him 3 times in the back. He died at the hospital.

The video does not show the sobriety test or what caused the cops to escalate the situation that led to Brooks resisting. So there are unanswered questions there.

Here's what should be made clear:

- Driving under the influence is not punishable by death in any US state. Brooks was not even driving he was sleeping it off, which to me, is more responsible than actually trying to drive home while still drunk.

- This underscores why police must be re-trained to de-escalate situations. I don't know what caused them to escalate, but the fact that Brooks is a pretty well-built black man always seems to put cops in a perpetual state of alert, even if nothing is happening.

- That Brooks managed to get a non-lethal weapon like a taser, but then chose not to attack the cops with it, can't be lost here. Instead he ran away from them.

- It will be said by police that he was killed to protect the public, but I ask from what? A drunk black guy with a fucking taser? Who's in danger here? Unless you have a heart-condition, taser don't kill.

- I literally never see videos of white guys dying this way. It just doesn't happen with the same ubiquitous nature as with black people. And I truly can't care any less about metrics and numbers right now. I 100% don't give a fuck about charts. We are people. Not statistics. This is not about "not resisting" or "not fighting the cops". It's about a failure at a very basic level for cops to see Rayshard as a human being first. This is why police departments around this country must be defunded and rebuilt from scratched. Their hyper-militarized training has emphasized a dehumanization of their targets (I don't even call them suspects even more). This is why it's so easy for them to shoot to kill. They do it without even thinking, especially when black people are in the crosshairs.

- I could care less about any drudgery that gets dug up by right-wing media to smear Rayshard's name and justify his murder. It's going to happen. It always happens. Black people can never just be innocent victims. There must always be a motive or justification for their perceived aggression that led to their death. Mass murderers have gotten better treatment by cops than he got. Nothing justifies how he died.

Until I see video and video of police doing this to white people, I don't want to hear "all lives matter". Rayshard Brooks' life mattered. He was not given due process or any chance to defend himself in a court of law. These cops passed judgement on him right then and there as judge, jury and executioner. And yet their union will protect them from the consequences. There is no union to protect black people from them. I hope they are fired and charged with murder, but I know they likely won't. And that's why the protests have to continue. I hope there's no destruction, but I honestly don't care if there is. Buildings can be rebuilt. Businesses can be rebuilt. Livelihoods can be rebuilt. Rayshard Brooks' life cannot. That is more important than everything else here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:50 pm

hope protesters light up Washington now in a way that is not so unbelievably "easy" for the National Guard to deal with

set the fucking w.... house on fire
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:16 pm

I don’t even know why the police keep doing this kind of shit. This is part of a bigger problem. White nationalists and racists are much more outspoken with trump in office. They were always quiet until he became president.

If he gets a second term, this becomes a banana republic guaranteed
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:20 pm

I wasn’t surprised or shocked in any way when I saw the video. Just your typical AmeriKKKa day.

Forever and always fuck the police. I don’t need to say more as i’ve made known how I truly feel about the US police system.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Imagine dealing with stuff like this everyday.

Also this woman is clearly not fit to be a US officer (not that there’s any standard to begin with)

That Nazi comment got her emotion to do all the talking Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:43 pm

McLewis wrote:- I literally never see videos of white guys dying this way. It just doesn't happen with the same ubiquitous nature as with black people.

I've often seen people refer to this incident:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:56 am

We burned that Wendys down tonight.

This is why it was such a joke they brought out a few rappers to tell us Atlanta and the PD didnt deserve this. They've ALWAYS been on bullshit.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:49 am

Young Kaz wrote:We burned that Wendys down tonight.

This is why it was such a joke they brought out a few rappers to tell us Atlanta and the PD didnt deserve this. They've ALWAYS been on bullshit.
Good.

How’s Atlanta after this incident? Can only assume the protest will continue even harder after this.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next