M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 pm

The looks on their faces after they realize he's an FBI agent is priceless and satisfying.

BTW, on Facebook, some people are defending the police for what they did to him.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Are we sure he’s FBI? Seen that debunked all over the place.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:The culture around goods, and property, in the west is a real sight to behold.

Even on here, more outrage was shown over me wanting to use this to get a copy of a game from Nintendo than an actual guy saying he would kill someone for getting near them as a protestor Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wallahi.

How is that culture different in the East?

Collectivism vs goods

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:06 pm

Loooool CZ mate i didn't tell you specifically to go fuck a piggy 😂 sorry if you took it that way man. It was in response to your statement about some people wanting cops to be killed, so in a general manner i just responded fuck a piggy. Pig is a dirty word for a cop I'm sure you're familiar with that.

I read through some of these posts again with the intention to "make peace" of sorts.

@BC and @FF i understand your views. The mentality of "burn everything" - I own up to supporting that in this thread. And my reason for this is because i believe that is the only way this movement will have gotten attention. Nonviolent protests don't nearly bring as much response and attention as violent ones, i think we can all pretty well understand that. Therefore i have no problem with people doing it because im thinking big picture, and i understand the people who do it. If someone's store is being trashed i don't really care, that person's business is just an egg broken in a process of trying to make an omelette. I see some very deeply touched responses to this and i believe it's just our high valued indoctrinated minds towards material possessions and property - and you guys already know my heart bleeds anti-capitalist.

As for "killing cops" i have never said that in as many words. All I've said is "fuck a piggy" because that's how i feel about them. They're protectors of the evil greedy system and not of the people. I've seen it countless times in my life, personal experience and over media. So will i feel saddened if a cop or two dies in this ongoing commotion of violence? No, not particularly, their profession and practiced philosophy have been the result of the loss of countless number of innocent lives, and of course, lest we forget, also the entire reason the protests (violent or not) are happening and we are here having this discussion.

I completely disagree with those that are saying violent protests have been unnecessary. If it wasn't violent there would have been nowhere near as much attention and they would've somehow found a way to mostly sweep this incident under the rug like they have done so many times in the past. And thus let that murdering cop or at least his buddy cops back on the street again with their uniform and badge where they'd be harassing innocent people as always.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:16 pm

Freeza wrote:Are we sure he’s FBI? Seen that debunked all over the place.

Can't confirm or deny it, but their reaction leads me to believe that he wasn't just an ordinary citizen. If he was, they would've just uncuffed him and told him to go on his way.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:41 pm

Some compiled clips of Police acting very gracefully

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Can't confirm or deny it, but their reaction leads me to believe that he wasn't just an ordinary citizen. If he was, they would've just uncuffed him and told him to go on his way.

Eh, the whole thing was about how they thought he was someone he wasn't. So when they opened up the ID and saw that he was clearly not the person they were looking for, it was going to be egg on their face regardless of if he was FBI or just an ordinary citizen.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Yeah saw the video. Just let the white people pass and then what, 20 cops started violently pulling her and her BF out of the car tasing them. Despicable, racist behaviour
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:45 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

For one thing the guy was not an FBI agent and secondly the video is from 2019

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-minnesota-detained-fbi/fact-check-man-detained-in-rochester-minnesota-is-not-an-fbi-agent-idUSKBN2383Q9

not that it would be implausible to happen somehow these days but this is a clear case of fake social media news
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Freeza wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:  

Yeah saw the video. Just let the white people pass and then what, 20 cops started violently pulling her and her BF out of the car tasing them. Despicable, racist behaviour

First thing they did was smash the fucking car window. Absolutely bizarre.
Black couple's just sitting there still in their car, like a real life horror film is descending upon them. Girl starts to scream when they pull her out of the car, guy is sitting their petrified before he gets tased from two sides. Fucking unreal.

apparently they've all been fired and indicted though

thank god for smartphone cameras tbh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Can you guys link this video? I can't seem to find it

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Can’t embed on phone but here it is:

https://twitter.com/chimdesires/status/1267198829775990787?s=21
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Why did they only fire 2? There were like 15 in the video

https://www.gofundme.com/f/messiah-young-and-taniyah-pilgrim-bail-money?

Also seems like they'll have enough for a new car and an ace legal team
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:07 pm

Apparently that was done for breaking curfew. But curfew was announced only 15 mins before so they hardly had time to abide.

True colors of a lot of cops coming out. Fucking NYPD rammed cars into protestors. Seen videos of shit like this from all over the country. LA, NY, Chicago, Atlanta. Insecure bitches feeling the need to abuse their power and being pissed at being called out.

And ALL of these vids are from personal social media and not news. I know of a lot of places where protests turned violent only after police used excessive force.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:19 pm

OK I was misinformed. It was an ego trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOYCr3kQy4

"Drive off"

/drives off

Cop with X Ray Vision "HE HAD A GUN" (Georgia state its legal to carry guns if you have a license and he didn't have a gun anyway)

They got pissed at him videoing and saying let him go. Thats what it looks like to me. Then decided as a collective to teach him a lesson using the BS gun excuse to chase him down.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:24 pm

From the body cam footage, it looks to me they are trying to arrest him for breaking curfew, then as he tries to drive off with the cop with the window open the cop feels threatened and takes it out on him.

The gf did nothing at all, she got tazed for no reason, and they pressed no charges against her the morning after.

The "he has a gun" was hilarious/sad though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:26 pm

British BBC cameraman and Australian 7News reporter also assaulted by police Laughing

Incredible PR.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 pm

The US inches closer to 3rd world country status every day, wonder if it'll be able to stop the decline
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:20 am

Freeza wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:  

Can’t embed on phone but here it is:

https://twitter.com/chimdesires/status/1267198829775990787?s=21

straight out of a horror movie
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:27 am

M99 wrote:OK I was misinformed. It was an ego trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOYCr3kQy4

"Drive off"

/drives off

Cop with X Ray Vision "HE HAD A GUN" (Georgia state its legal to carry guns if you have a license and he didn't have a gun anyway)

They got pissed at him videoing and saying let him go. Thats what it looks like to me. Then decided as a collective to teach him a lesson using the BS gun excuse to chase him down.

holy shit

the quality of that footage

how is that leaked so quickly?

anyway, is it retaliation for filming with the phone?

what a fucking nightmare

this is straight out of half life 2
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The US inches closer to 3rd world country status every day, wonder if it'll be able to stop the decline

If the US ever reached 3rd world status the world would cease to exist.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:20 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:holy shit

what a fucking nightmare

It wasn't leaked, it was released by a competent mayor & police chief
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:holy shit

what a fucking nightmare

It wasn't leaked, it was released by a competent mayor & police chief

ah right, yeah I know the Atlanta mayor, saw an interview during the Corona crisis with her
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:52 am

https://replicationindex.com/2019/09/27/poverty-explain-racial-biases-in-police-shootings/

Thoughts on this?

It should be pretty clear that racism plays a large role in poverty. The chains of slavery are long. So this isn't a rebuke of racism as it relates to where black citizens are in the US today.

However, it does challenge the narrative that racial disparities in arrests, fatal shootings etc are primarily racially motivated versus based in class and SES.

Also interesting that the authors relate my theory of what I believe is an elephant in the room when it comes to police escalation and fatal shootings: US gun laws

Rhe public debate about police killings also ignores other ways to reduce police killings. The main reason for the high prevalence of police killings in the United States are the gun laws of the United States. This will not change any time soon. Thus, all citizens of the United States, even those that do not own guns, need to be aware that many US citizens are armed. A police officer who makes 20 traffic stops a day, is likely to encounter at least five drivers who own a gun and maybe a couple of drivers who have a gun in their car. Anybody who encounters a police officer needs to understand that they have to assume you might have a gun on you. This means citizens need to be trained how to signal to a police officer that they do not own a gun or pose no threat to the police officer’s live in any other way. Innocent until proven guilty applies in court, but it doesn’t apply when police encounter citizens. You are a potential suspect, until officers can be sure that you are not a treat to them. This is the price US citizens pay for the right to bear arms.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 am

The complete uncensored, uncut version. The dude was breaking the curfew but left alone. He started filming an arrest and jamming the traffic. The rest is in the video. Of course, the force used was waaaay excessive so they were rightfuly fired.

I just hate and am tired of the social media manipulation bullshit where the info is cut and presented in a way it supports their own agenda. In this case, no cutting was needed anyways.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next